• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Northside

Started by 4real, January 12, 2018, 07:49:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

4real

How have their games gone this week? Both squads still have some talent.  Are they starting to roll?  Have the boys gotten any adjustments made to counter NLR and the loss of Brewer?

Burks

I witness the Grizzlies boys victory at Catholic and was very impressed. Very Athletic, great size, ranging from 6'2 - 6'9. Shoot the 3 ball very well and 1 of the 2 best defensive teams I have seen this year(Mills being the other). Oh, I forgot they do have Isaiah Joe. NLR is athletic also but young, my opinion a year away. Brewer was great but Northside not missing a beat. My pick to repeat as 7A champs!

4real

Quote from: Burks on January 16, 2018, 07:18:36 am
I witness the Grizzlies boys victory at Catholic and was very impressed. Very Athletic, great size, ranging from 6'2 - 6'9. Shoot the 3 ball very well and 1 of the 2 best defensive teams I have seen this year(Mills being the other). Oh, I forgot they do have Isaiah Joe. NLR is athletic also but young, my opinion a year away. Brewer was great but Northside not missing a beat. My pick to repeat as 7A champs!
What a great run for the coaching staff and program.  How many years has Coach Burnett been back home?  I remember him making the finals at HarBer, too.
  NLR was young last year too.  Those will be fun games to watch for sure.

Neckred

THe girls have as good as chance to win state as the boys

4real

Quote from: Neckred on January 16, 2018, 12:30:23 pm
THe girls have as good as chance to win state as the boys
Probably so.

Grizzlyfan

Big test for both teams tonight with Conway coming to town.  At last I heard the game was still to be played.

4real

PressBox-81

Nope rescheduled for January 30th.
Conway was out yesterday for weather.

Grizzlyfan

Do you suppose anybody will ever ask why Burnett hasn't been on the bench for over a month?

4real

Well, I wasn't gonna bring it up, but it's hush hush and nobody is saying a word.

All I know is he's supposedly on a leave of absence and is not at school either.  When things like this go on, first question is if it is over health issues, and the answer is no.  So, everyone speculates but the facts haven't gotten out yet.

Interesting too, cuz the guy now serving as interim, who was lead assistant, was forced to leave Spiro a few years ago for...🤔

4real

Northside girls lose to NLR 80-74 in 5OT
Boys lose to NLR too

scrapdig

Quote from: 4real on January 18, 2018, 09:47:34 pm
Well, I wasn't gonna bring it up, but it's hush hush and nobody is saying a word.

All I know is he's supposedly on a leave of absence and is not at school either.  When things like this go on, first question is if it is over health issues, and the answer is no.  So, everyone speculates but the facts haven't gotten out yet.

Interesting too, cuz the guy now serving as interim, who was lead assistant, was forced to leave Spiro a few years ago for...🤔
Rule no.1 Never hire a guy forced to leave Spiro

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: 4real on January 18, 2018, 09:47:34 pm

First of all, I am making NO accusations about what Burnett may or may not have done.  I don't know.  I've heard rumors.

But this is what concerns me.  These high school coaches seem to be able to slink away after poor behavior.  You are hinting that something like that happened in Spiro.  We know what happened in Fayetteville and those guys were coaching kids again within a few months. 

scrapdig

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 22, 2018, 02:07:17 pm
First of all, I am making NO accusations about what Burnett may or may not have done.  I don't know.  I've heard rumors.

But this is what concerns me.  These high school coaches seem to be able to slink away after poor behavior.  You are hinting that something like that happened in Spiro.  We know what happened in Fayetteville and those guys were coaching kids again within a few months.
Yes it's sick.  I know of coaches who have had sex with high school students not fired.  ANd in one case the administration knew about it and heard rumors about it. 

4real

First off, I have no first hand knowledge of any allegations against Coach Burnett.  NObody is giving hints. Nobody.  So, it and the other guy's Spiro debacle may or may not have anything in common.  I hope not.

I know he is well connected politically.

As far as other statements about misconduct by other coaches in the past at various locations, its a shame how many are allowed to remain in the education business.  I can forgive stealing money, but messing with kids, no.

However, I haven't heard a peep about it involving a kid, I hope that is not the case.

scrapdig

Quote from: 4real on January 22, 2018, 02:23:20 pm
First off, I have no first hand knowledge of any allegations against Coach Burnett.  NObody is giving hints. Nobody.  So, it and the other guy's Spiro debacle may or may not have anything in common.  I hope not.

I know he is well connected politically.

As far as other statements about misconduct by other coaches in the past at various locations, its a shame how many are allowed to remain in the education business.  I can forgive stealing money, but messing with kids, no.

However, I haven't heard a peep about it involving a kid, I hope that is not the case.
Can't believe nobody up there as heard anything.  School should be held accountable. 

4real

Employees are protected while on admin leave, usually. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas