• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A State Tournament

Started by Radiotalker, February 24, 2018, 07:13:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

501Arkansas

Quote from: Head Lion on February 28, 2018, 10:18:24 pm
Bad thing Osceola has an administrator on the voting board & he voted for DC, instead of county & conference foe, Manila.🤔🤔🤔🤔
SAD

teachers pet

I would like to see state tournaments held in a neutral site, centrally located, with enough seating capacity and fold down seats, is that asking too much?lol

Radiotalker

Quote from: teachers pet on February 28, 2018, 10:26:30 pm
I would like to see state tournaments held in a neutral site, centrally located, with enough seating capacity and fold down seats, is that asking too much?lol

use to be neutral sites

biglion1985

Oh I figured that much ISU7 lol 😂😂😂

ISU7

bscinar

Riverside girls loosing is the shocker of the year - I had them penciled in for the state finals  :o

Head Lion

People here are super nice, the facility is just not made for it. After this, I'm about ready to go centrally located. I see few casual fans at the games, it's to out of the way. 95% are associated with a team, only reason gym hasn't been overflowing like the lakes & rivers.

ISU7

Quote from: bscinar on February 28, 2018, 10:55:55 pm
Riverside girls loosing is the shocker of the year - I had them penciled in for the state finals  :o
Tough loses for the two river schools from northeast Arkansas Riverside girls and RiverCrest boys.

Hitman Warrior23

March 01, 2018, 12:59:24 am #58 Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 01:01:43 am by Hitman Warrior23
Ill say this, (wife traded spots at maumelle) drinking a few beverages, either way I have coached well over a 1000 travel ball basketball games (owning my insurance agency allows me to have freedoms that I went to college to actually do for fun) But what I'm gonna say here . Comes from a fella that's won and lost a few big games before  But the fact is, coaching from the bleachers is the easiest gigs there is. (I'm as guilty as the next). But remember when posting these comments these Coaches are hurt allot worse by these losses then the parents are.  They have families and have sacrificed their times with them to spend times with their players endless hours, and this is just a fact.  Yes any loss this time of year hurts. Especially for Srs.  Just a little non asked for two cents.  GOD BLESS EVERYONE!

eamo8911

Quote from: ISU7 on March 01, 2018, 12:24:56 am
Tough loses for the two river schools from northeast Arkansas Riverside girls and RiverCrest boys.

And Two Rivers in the west.

Fatbackhawgballz

It's game day for the Bulldogs! We're on our way to bounce DC in their home. I'm going to say Tuckerman by 10 only because of the tight rims.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Fatbackhawgballz on March 01, 2018, 08:35:30 am
It’s game day for the Bulldogs! We’re on our way to bounce DC in their home. I’m going to say Tuckerman by 10 only because of the tight rims.
There is a lot of people pulling for you due to the crowds.

Fatbackhawgballz

March 01, 2018, 09:50:22 am #62 Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 09:52:16 am by Fatbackhawgballz
If that's very the only reason you better root for DC. We're usually bigger than the home crowd. Looking forward to some good basketball and hopefully a long weekend.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Fatbackhawgballz on March 01, 2018, 09:50:22 am
If that’s very the only reason you better root for DC. We’re usually bigger than the home crowd. Looking forward to some good basketball and hopefully a long weekend.
You won't be bigger than the combination of Drew Central and Monticello fans that will be there by Friday night.

Fatbackhawgballz

Maybe not as big as the combination. I really don't know how many are coming. I wouldn't be surprised for it to be a lot though.

CTEPirateFan

Monticello fans will only show up of their girls lose their state game in Brookland. Today's game is up in the air crowd wise since it's at 2:30 and people work. School has been getting out early all week though, so whatever faculty, staff and students who aren't volunteering are more than likely going to be in the stands. Excited for a great game. GO PIRATES!

Fatbackhawgballz

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Fatbackhawgballz on March 01, 2018, 08:35:30 am
It’s game day for the Bulldogs! We’re on our way to bounce DC in their home. I’m going to say Tuckerman by 10 only because of the tight rims.
OUCH

Fatbackhawgballz

March 01, 2018, 04:09:23 pm #68 Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 04:22:26 pm by Fatbackhawgballz
Hey you win some, you lose some. Always gotta think your team can win the game. It wasn't an easy victory. We didn't shoot our best and they shot pretty good. Same as all but one of our losses free throws hurt us. Not saying refs cost us the game because they didn't DC simply beat us. The refs did however call the first half crazy both ways but loosened some in the 2nd half. Congrats to DC the rest of the way. Now pulling for Osceola or Manila!

Head Lion

The one thing, so many games have been crazy & close to the last second.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Head Lion on March 01, 2018, 04:16:34 pm
The one thing, so many games have been crazy & close to the last second.

there is no definitive team..........it's wide open

bleudog

501Arkansas

DC has to score more than 48 to beat Osceola.

biglion1985

And on there home court also lol

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: biglion1985 on March 01, 2018, 07:40:03 pm
Shhhhhh you're gonna lose to KC tomorrow. Miss. County is overrated.

501Arkansas

Quote from: biglion1985 on March 01, 2018, 07:40:03 pm
Lol right. 48 won't beat the Noles

501Arkansas

Quote from: Oldman on March 01, 2018, 07:45:23 pm
Shhhhhh you're gonna lose to KC tomorrow. Miss. County is overrated.
😂😂 overrated? What?

biglion1985

Maybe 58 will but not 48 bud lol just kidding 😂😂😂

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 501Arkansas on March 01, 2018, 07:46:22 pm
😂😂 overrated? What?
See how stupid it looks when you blindly pick your conference teams.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Oldman on March 01, 2018, 07:51:47 pm
See how stupid it looks when you blindly pick your conference teams.
lol nope not at all.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 501Arkansas on March 01, 2018, 07:52:42 pm
lol nope not at all.
Osceola, Manila, and Perryville for sure advance.

RTF

Quote from: Oldman on March 01, 2018, 07:55:18 pm

Never say "for sure".....

dawgs

Osceola is no doubt walking to the SHIP!!!!
DC is ok but the Noles will roll to an easy win. 

bleudog

Quote from: Oldman on March 01, 2018, 07:55:18 pm

EDNT JC-Manila post game article:

CLICK HERE

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: RTF on March 01, 2018, 10:10:11 pm
Never say "for sure".....
But I was told Manila couldn't lose being from NE Arkansas.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Oldman on March 02, 2018, 07:53:01 am
But I was told Manila couldn't lose being from NE Arkansas.
You love NE ARKANSAS don't you bubba?  You woke up with us on your mind

RedWolf275

Yep. Old man is obsessed lol!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 501Arkansas on March 02, 2018, 07:56:33 am
You bet

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

teachers pet

The truth is, there's not 5 pts difference in most of the teams who qualified for state!

RTF

Quote from: teachers pet on March 02, 2018, 09:08:30 am
The truth is, there's not 5 pts difference in most of the teams who qualified for state!

Very True... Been some very good basketball in this tourney.

bleudog

tigerblood

When Harding University puts in for State Tournament, a centrally located place, the AAA sends 3A to Monticello? Shows how much sense they have, not really excited about our kids staying down there either providing our tigers win. I wish AAA would make a smart decision just once, instead of thinking out their rear ends like usual.

foxhole1220

March 02, 2018, 01:14:58 pm #94 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 01:16:30 pm by foxhole1220
Looks like the Head Lion should've been working on Free throws instead of measuring the gym capacity...🤔

Hitman Warrior23

#4 for McGee is a straight up beast!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 501Arkansas on March 02, 2018, 07:56:33 am
You won't be on anyone's mind tomorrow morning.

beach bum

Quote from: Oldman on March 02, 2018, 08:16:55 pm
You won't be on anyone's mind tomorrow morning.

The South just put a fork in everyone else's dreams... I said Mcgehee vs Drew Central for the last two months and people were laughing at me... No longer  ;D

CTEPirateFan

Radiotalker

Quote from: beach bum on March 02, 2018, 08:17:59 pm
The South just put a fork in everyone else's dreams... I said Mcgehee vs Drew Central for the last two months and people were laughing at me... No longer  ;D

guess so when it's predetermined

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas