• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many of you are begging for inclimate weather?

Started by xtremewildcat, November 21, 2013, 09:40:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

xtremewildcat

One of my good friends on this board educated me on what it means to be "out talented" as a team.
I've been reading a bunch of posters from various teams who appear to be begging for inclement weather.
I'm just wondering is it because they don't wanna be "out talented".
Does inclement weather level the playing field for them? A la redistribution!
Is there any of you who have the guts to come on here and admit that is how they feel?
Please explain why you do feel like that.

xtremewildcat

Hey, if any of you 5A'ers wanna step up, go right ahead.

I'm really seeing some begging. All the way from the 2A to 7A.

wing

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 21, 2013, 11:06:53 am

Seems Pioneer Nation is begging for it. They seem to think birds can't fly in the rain. They need to ask Warren.

Lionheart88

Depends on the team.  Rain hurts a passing attack more than a rushing game, but it also make it harder to hold on to a ball period, so teams with fumbling issues should be praying for it to stay dry.  There aren't a lot of matchups, especially in 6A, where I know enough about the teams to make a prediction, but in 5A I'd expect a downpour to help Morrilton and Mills possibly pull upsets, but will likely make Hope and Batesville harder to beat.  I'm thinking.  I'm not sure any of this round's matchups in 6A are even enough for rain to matter.  Maybe LH/Jboro?

Earl is my Hero!!

I'm praying for sunny and 72.

Don't want to sit in the cold and rain...

ricepig

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 21, 2013, 01:43:59 pm
I'm praying for sunny and 72.

Don't want to sit in the cold and rain...

I'd settle for 50° and no wind right now.

7AFBFAN

Dogs78

I know I can't have sunny and 72 at 7pm. But....I would be very happy with dry and in the low 50's.  ;D

MDXPHD

Quote from: wing on November 21, 2013, 01:14:44 pm

Seems Pioneer Nation is begging for it. They seem to think birds can't fly in the rain. They need to ask Warren.

Batesville isn't Warren. 

Hoghead

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on November 23, 2013, 12:45:00 am
It didn't help Wynne ! Hope shut them out 21-0 !

Didn't help Hope either - another loss and an indication that the program hit its absolute ceiling.

AirWarren

Lions84

Over the years Cold wet weather has evened the field when the opponet ran the Option or todays HUNH passing teams.

amehr36

I know a lot of you don't think 2A is even "real" football but every time theres a chance of inclement weather, the team playing Junction says it'll help them.  After they get that butt whipped they then say the Dragons benefited from it.  I personally like cold crappy weather simply cause it brings the pansy out in the other teams even more.

the_kosher_pig

I want good weather.  I'm driving from Sherwood to Pine Bluff to meet with my realtor/watch the Booneville/Dollarway game then coming back to get ready for the El Dorado/Pine Bluff game.  Too much good football around to have bad weather.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 02, 2013, 10:16:19 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on November 23, 2013, 12:45:00 am
It didn't help Wynne ! Hope shut them out 21-0 !

Didn't help Hope either - another loss and an indication that the program hit its absolute ceiling.
Quiet, you lost to MARN in good weather. I swear I'll break out the Shempert tapes ! Wynnes ceiling is under the Hope ceiling now ! 21-0 LOL !!!

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on December 04, 2013, 12:46:36 am

Quiet, you lost to MARN in good weather. I swear I'll break out the Shempert tapes ! Wynnes ceiling is under the Hope ceiling now ! 21-0 LOL !!!

Beat Marn in a thunderstorm a lot more recently.  I do have the 34 and 33 point blankings somewhere on tape myself.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 04, 2013, 09:42:22 am
Quote from: Hoghead on December 04, 2013, 12:46:36 am

Beat Marn in a thunderstorm a lot more recently.  I do have the 34 and 33 point blankings somewhere on tape myself.
Break them out. It won't soothe that 21-0 FRESH beating that happened two weeks ago.  Grab you some popcorn and enjoy 2004 & 2005 again...LOL !

xtremewildcat

It is hot as you know what here in Shreveport at Barksdale. 
It's 80 degrees with 100% humidity.

xtremewildcat

I know the people in PB are breathing better. Just the thought of not having to face Godzilla for another week, will bring peace to the community.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on December 04, 2013, 10:20:30 am

Break them out. It won't soothe that 21-0 FRESH beating that happened two weeks ago.  Grab you some popcorn and enjoy 2004 & 2005 again...LOL !

I'll be sure to send you a copy of the next state title in a year or so. 

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 05, 2013, 09:14:25 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on December 04, 2013, 10:20:30 am

I'll be sure to send you a copy of the next state title in a year or so.
So you'll be moving to another 5A city with Chris ? Sir Move-A-Lot has tipped you off to where YOU guys are headed ?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on December 05, 2013, 10:06:10 pm
Sir Move-A-Lot has tipped you off to where YOU guys are headed ?

You don't generally leave a destination job.

We may have a spot open if Turley wants to take a step up and become an assistant.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 05, 2013, 10:15:35 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on December 05, 2013, 10:06:10 pm
Sir Move-A-Lot has tipped you off to where YOU guys are headed ?

You don't generally leave a destination job.

We may have a spot open if Turley wants to take a step up and become an assistant.

I doubt Chris has ever seen a destination job ! Seeing how Turley pitched a shut out (21-0) on Wynne you guys might need to hire some new assistants. Turley has one move left in him. But it sure isnt up to Juke Jointville Wynne ! Destination job ? HA HA HA HA LOL !!!! Sir Move-A-Lot is plotting his next move as I type....Destination Job !!!!! LOL !!  Too Funny !

Texarkana_Piggie

I teach kindergarten. What do you think?  Of course I'm praying for inclement weather.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on December 05, 2013, 10:34:52 pm
I teach kindergarten. What do you think?  Of course I'm praying for inclement weather.
You can't hate it that much.  They couldn't pay me enough to deal with 5 year olds all day every day.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 06, 2013, 12:07:25 am
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on December 05, 2013, 10:34:52 pm
You can't hate it that much.  They couldn't pay me enough to deal with 5 year olds all day every day.

don't hate it but this time of year is crazy in kindergarten.  5 yr olds get extremely excited in december!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas