• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New UA Coaching Search

Started by Brian G, April 10, 2012, 07:39:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

polksalet

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2013, 10:09:16 pm
Quote from: polksalet on March 08, 2013, 09:32:21 pm
Rivals raised them one position higher since signing day, impressive. That's the stuff SEC titles are made of. And still the lowest rating in school history within a conference.

I guess you didn't read 247's? As I told you, I could find some different rankings, there's others if you know how to google.

Most people over 12 years old realize 247 has about as much credibility as the bleacher report. Or an iq of 12. No offense.

ricepig

March 09, 2013, 09:09:15 am #1351 Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:18:03 am by ricepig
Quote from: polksalet on March 08, 2013, 10:59:25 pm
Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2013, 10:09:16 pm
Quote from: polksalet on March 08, 2013, 09:32:21 pm
Rivals raised them one position higher since signing day, impressive. That's the stuff SEC titles are made of. And still the lowest rating in school history within a conference.

I guess you didn't read 247's? As I told you, I could find some different rankings, there's others if you know how to google.

Most people over 12 years old realize 247 has about as much credibility as the bleacher report. Or an iq of 12. No offense.

Most people that keep up with recruiting know that Rivals lost most of their "first" team of analyst to 247. I doubt the guy that started Rivals knows anything about recruiting.

http://www.benkoo.com/articles/biz-and-tech/ex-rivals-founder-shannon-terry-looking-to-challenge-rivals-scout-and-espn-with-college-recruiting-network-20.html

Iknewthemwhen

Very interested in seeing how much improvement can be made in one year.  Hope he is as good as advertised.

zebradynasty

Quote from: zebradynasty on February 05, 2013, 11:37:28 pm
I said it...well actually I never said it was waste of time only that our main focus should not be Florida but Texas. We got a 4 star out FL but we had 4 star RB from TX before the BP scandal so I guess it's a wash. I'll say it again TX is and should be our focus 3-4 from FL is fine but that's not gonna cut it the SEC 12 of top 25 ranked recruiting classes are from the SEC! This is year one so glad to see us finishing strong.

It would appear that coach B doesn't need to listen to us internet coaches on FF. He's got common sense! Saw where they have assigned 5 coaches to cover Texas! He can head to FL or wherever long as our base Texas is covered.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on March 12, 2013, 10:22:16 am
I said it...well actually I never said it was waste of time only that our main focus should not be Florida but Texas. We got a 4 star out FL but we had 4 star RB from TX before the BP scandal so I guess it's a wash. I'll say it again TX is and should be our focus 3-4 from FL is fine but that's not gonna cut it the SEC 12 of top 25 ranked recruiting classes are from the SEC! This is year one so glad to see us finishing strong.

It would appear that coach B doesn't need to listen to us internet coaches on FF. He's got common sense! Saw where they have assigned 5 coaches to cover Texas! He can head to FL or wherever long as our base Texas is covered.

I'm glad we have TX covered, but I'd rather have a top 30 player out of FL, than one out of the top 150 in TX. The first 100 in TX usually stay in state. Again, for me  just get the best players you can find.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on March 12, 2013, 12:00:26 pm

I'm glad we have TX covered, but I'd rather have a top 30 player out of FL, than one out of the top 150 in TX. The first 100 in TX usually stay in state. Again, for me  just get the best players you can find.

I agree get the best that you can find but we (Arkansas) can't go all out chasing after recruits that live a 1000 miles away! Florida is a hotbed no doubt but name a school OUTSIDE of Florida that has built itself into a powerhouse using mostly Floridians? Most of theirs stay home to. We need to go in get what we can get WITHOUT committing all our resources to signing them!

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on March 12, 2013, 01:43:12 pm
Quote from: ricepig on March 12, 2013, 12:00:26 pm

I agree get the best that you can find but we (Arkansas) can't go all out chasing after recruits that live a 1000 miles away! Florida is a hotbed no doubt but name a school OUTSIDE of Florida that has built itself into a powerhouse using mostly Floridians? Most of theirs stay home to. We need to go in get what we can get WITHOUT committing all our resources to signing them!

Louisville wasn't too bad last year, had 34 Floridians on their roster. Have you noticed where a lot of the 2014 + 2015 offers are from? I believe Bielema and Partridge when they say Miami kids will leave to go to school. Now, I don't expect to get 8 to 10 kids a year from FL, but I think we will get our 3 to 5 a year and they will be good.

zebradynasty

If we can sign 3-5 Floridians a year that would be great long as we don't send 10 coaches to FL to do it!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas