• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-5 2018-19

Started by Bigditchlion, May 09, 2018, 06:42:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigditchlion

What is everyone thinking about the upcoming football season?? England fans are excited for upcoming season. With mountain pine coming back and hector leaving, what are your thoughts??

N2DEEP

MC is all dependent upon how the o-line comes around. We have a few new faces and will have a few sophomores with lots of playing time. We also will have a new line coach starting soon.

I very vested in this year personally. My oldest has decided to play, first time since peewee ( he is a senior), and my youngest is a sophomore. Both will play line. I am also working on live streaming for the school.

hawgball3

CC Returns whole passing game with strong junior running backs and a slight different O-line. They will be dominant in conference if defence gets together with the old coach now at england. Big n slow, cutter, poyen i have no idea but haven't been too successful in past and it doesn't look like they will be much better next year... mabe poyen they showed up a little last year. Cove always a force to be reckon with and would not surprise me if they came out just as strong or stronger than last year depending on their line. England as well could be very good but under a new coach things could take a while to get up and running. Pine honestly have no idea...

N2DEEP

Well for MC we thought we were getting a new coach named Mallet from UCA, but was told he accepted a job with higher pay. We did hire a previous England coach named Garrick for O and D Line. I know they are working on a 3-4 scheme, but not sure if this will change or not.

MagicMike

Quote from: N2DEEP on May 16, 2018, 08:20:56 pm
Well for MC we thought we were getting a new coach named Mallet from UCA, but was told he accepted a job with higher pay. We did hire a previous England coach named Garrick for O and D Line. I know they are working on a 3-4 scheme, but not sure if this will change or not.

Garrick is a good hire. He's worked under a lot of really good coaches.

bigworm

Isnt coach Garrick from MC? He will do a good job. Or at least he did a good job while in england.

southarkdaddy

1.  Conway Christian
2. Magnet Cove
3. England
4. Poyen
5. Quitman

Those are your 5 playoff teams

Ricky Bobby

I heard MC was putting in a 4-4 and a 6-1? Not that I know anything, but that's what I'm hearing. Heard they already threw out the 3-4. Too slow.

big E

The 6--1 is a Terry Farmer defence,  that's where Garrick learned that. Farmer come up with it when he was at PW and only had 1 linebacker on the team.

bigworm

Quote from: big E on May 17, 2018, 08:00:15 pm
The 6--1 is a Terry Farmer defence,  that's where Garrick learned that. Farmer come up with it when he was at PW and only had 1 linebacker on the team.

These young bucks dont believe in putting hands on the ground. Not sexy enough. I like what works. Thats what Farmer liked too.

Ricky Bobby

My brother-in-law was talking to one of the guys on staff the other day, and said the Big Dawson kid was playing middle backer now? I saw he had a pretty decent year last year at d-end. Sounds to me like they're renewing the whole structure?

N2DEEP

Well from my youngest at practice; Ty Dawson is playing at D End and they are still working on the 3-4, but again first week anything can change. Being an old lineman myself I always pay attention to it more. Dawson did well rushing the passer, hope he stays at that position. I prefer the 4-3 but it all depends on the players and abilities.

It should be a fun year to watch.

mrknowitall

They still tossing it to Eli out of the flex?

N2DEEP

Apparently they are changing up the offense, not sure why it worked well last year. Maybe the difference in the line. I have been told alot more 2 back 3 receiver offense this year. They got a couple of new players and a couple of players quit, so we will have to wait and see. So far no fullback.

Ricky Bobby

While you're at it, could you shoot me some play calls and maybe a full depth chart? I'm thinking I can same my boys at Poyen some time  ;D

P.P.R.D.

Ricky Bobby We will show you at the Backyard Brawl.  Ha Ha

N2DEEP

Quote from: Ricky Bobby on May 22, 2018, 09:20:07 am
While you're at it, could you shoot me some play calls and maybe a full depth chart? I'm thinking I can same my boys at Poyen some time  ;D

heck this is spring ball, by the time the season gets here who knows what will be going on. Poyen will still need all the help they can get from that Sanchez kid.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas