• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC Dragon Basketball

Started by bleudog, January 06, 2009, 07:27:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thabeast428

Wonder how pc girls r ranked above jc girls when jc girls beat them already once this yr. And this yr boys should be a dandy in the state tourney

bleudog

Quote from: thabeast428 on January 11, 2015, 05:05:22 pm
Wonder how pc girls r ranked above jc girls when jc girls beat them already once this yr. And this yr boys should be a dandy in the state tourney

From the EDNT

Thriller Lady Dragons slip past PC in overtime

FORDYCE - Sophomore Nikayla Fisher hit one free throw with nine seconds remaining in overtime Saturday to lift Junction City to a 60-59 victory over Parkers Chapel in the third place game of the FBT Bank & Mortgage Tournament. The Lady Dragons improved to 2-1 on the season.

"It was a real big win," said Junction City coach Henry Harrell. "It was the first time we've ever beaten Parkers Chapel, at least since I've been here. It was a big win for our program, a confidence builder."

The Lady Trojans led 16-14 after one quarter. The game was tied 28-28 at the half and the Lady Dragons led 41-37 going into the fourth.

Parkers Chapel sent the game into overtime on Lauren Brumley's 3-pointer with nine seconds left in regulation, tying the game at 52-52.

"We were scrambling and lost track of her," said Harrell. "She stepped up and hit a big three. But, we held our composure and pulled it out at the end."

In the overtime, Chakeenia Malone hit a 3-pointer to give the Lady Dragons the lead. The Lady Trojans tied the game before Fisher hit the front end of a 1-and-1, which proved to be the difference.

Brumley led Parkers Chapel with 31 points. The senior hit 13-of-16 free throws, including 6-of-7 in the overtime. Haley Barker added 16 and Kylie Madison scored eight. Brumley and Madison hit three 3-pointers apiece for the Lady Trojans, who fell to 5-2 on the season.

Jyrezhia Nathan paced Junction City with 21 points, including three 3-pointers. Malone scored 16 with three 3-pointers. Fisher finished with 11 points while Ashley Gibson scored six. The Lady Dragons hit seven 3-pointers in the game.

Published: 12/08/2014

keohog

England Boys should be at least 4th , but high school rankings really mean nothing. But it is fun to keep up with and talk about.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: keohog on January 11, 2015, 10:08:27 pm
England Boys should be at least 4th , but high school rankings really mean nothing. But it is fun to keep up with and talk about.

Does that make Hector 3rd? 8)   Ha I couldn't resist

keohog

Quote from: HF on January 11, 2015, 10:09:08 pm

Hector's one of fame  ;D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: keohog on January 11, 2015, 11:40:52 pm
Quote from: HF on January 11, 2015, 10:09:08 pm

Hector's one of fame  ;D

Gotta take them where we can get them :D ... We lost to #5 St Joseph by 10ish at their place last week I think....

bleudog

January 12, 2015, 10:12:59 pm #606 Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:57:53 pm by bleudog
Quote from: bleudog on December 03, 2014, 09:19:46 am
Election to finance multiple contruction projects scheduled for February 10, 2015:  CLICK HERE

Please get the word out.

Quote from: bleudog on December 06, 2014, 09:12:18 am
A little more info on the bond election for the construction projects:  CLICK HERE

Architect's rendering of the largest of the construction projects associated with the February 10th election:

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/2014-2015/Power%20point%20tax%20millage.pdf

bleudog

January 13, 2015, 07:19:31 am #607 Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 07:23:44 am by bleudog
From the EDNT:

Junction City upends Rison 74-34

JUNCTION CITY - Jamario Bell scored 20 points, as Junction City kept their perfect season intact by rolling to a 74-34 win over Rison in 7-2A East action on Monday.
    The Dragons (12-0, 3-0) jumped out to a 35-12 lead after the opening period and never looked back.
Javontay Rogers scored 13 points and Tyrus Grayson chipped in with 12 points for the Dragons.

In the junior boys game, Junction City cruised to a 60-30 win over Rison.
    Jalen Davis paced the Dragons with 12 points, while Taylon Dixon had 11 points and Jerrodney Tubbs finished with 10 points in the win.

Junction City 43, Rison 26

JUNCTION CITY - Nikayla Fisher took care of the scoring duties with 13 points, while Chakeenia Malone cleaned the glass with 16 rebounds, as Junction City stayed undefeated in the 7AA-East with a 43-26 victory over Rison on Monday.
    Malone was one of three players with eight points for the Lady Dragons (8-3, 3-0), who play at Hermitage today.
    Ashley Gibson and Khadijah Webster chipped in with eight points apiece in the win, while Brianna Holyfield added four points.
    Junction City led 10-7 after the opening period before pulling out to a 25-18 lead at intermission.
    The Lady Dragons led 32-22 after three periods before winning by the final margin.

THA TRUTH

Looks like it will be styled like hamptons

bleudog

January 14, 2015, 05:00:21 am #609 Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 05:04:26 am by bleudog
From the EDNT:

Junction City 99,  Hermitage 77

HERMITAGE - Jamario Bell scored a career high 35 points for the Dragons (13-0, 4-0), who jumped out to a 53-32 lead at intermission en route to collecting a road win in the 7-2A East
    Javontay Rogers added 23 points and Tyrus Grayson finished with 17 points in the win for the Dragons.
    Colton Franklin had 19 points and Kentrez Davis added 16 points for the Hermits.

Junction City 70,  Hermitage 31

HERMITAGE - The Lady Dragons used a balanced attack to put away the Lady Hermits. Junction City improved to 9-3 overall and 4-0 in 7AA-East action.
    The Lady Dragons, who led 22-2 after one quarter, placed six players in double figures.
    Chakeenia Malone led Junction City with 12 points. Khadijah Webster and Miaya Johnson each scored 11. Ashley Gibson and Brianna Holyfield contributed 10 points and 10 boards apiece with Nikayla Fisher scored 10 points.
    Junction City won the junior girls game 27-24 to improve to 9-2.
    Keetria Rogers and Camya Hamilton scored eight and seven, respectively, to lead the Lady Dragons with Alexius Armstrong adding five.

bleudog

Quote from: THA TRUTH on January 13, 2015, 04:07:23 pm
Looks like it will be styled like hamptons

Yep. The same architect firm is being used so if one has been in the Hampton gym, they will have a good feel for what JC's would be like (community willing).  Using the concession stand and restroom facilities for both basketball and football would be unique to JC though.

redrider30

The story in paper says the new gym seats 1200. Why would you build a gym that seats under 1500? I think that is the AAA's number to host state tournaments in 2A. Just wondering because it couldn't cost that much more to add the additional 300 seats.

bleudog

January 14, 2015, 11:22:03 am #612 Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 11:31:24 am by bleudog
Quote from: redrider30 on January 14, 2015, 09:32:25 am
The story in paper says the new gym seats 1200. Why would you build a gym that seats under 1500? I think that is the AAA's number to host state tournaments in 2A. Just wondering because it couldn't cost that much more to add the additional 300 seats.

Permanent seating for the proposed building is 1,264 which covers regional tournament hosting requirements for up to 3A (if JC at some point gets reclassified upward).  It's understood there would be space available for temporay seating to meet the 1,500 minimum required by the AAA to host up to a 3A state tournament if one is awared.

Here's the applicable section of the AAA Handbook:

Rule 9. MINIMUM GYMNASIUM SPECIFICATIONS FOR HOSTING A REGIONAL OR STATE
TOURNAMENT

A. Four dressing rooms, each with showers, hot water, toilets, and washbasins.
B. Two rest rooms for public use.
C. Floor dimensions equal to or in excess of 48 x 84 feet.
D. There shall be at least three feet of unobstructed space outside the court adjacent to the sidelines and at least five feet of unobstructed space outside the end lines.
E. There shall be a time clock visible from both directions of the playing court.
F. Minimum gymnasium safety standards (Bylaws, Article IV, Sec. 5, Rule 3) shall be met.
G. There shall be the following minimum seating capacities for the respective classifications-

Note: Seating capacity is based on a minimum width of 18 inches. Using the formula of number of
feet times 12 divided by 18.

REGIONAL
1A-Seating capacity for 800
2A-Seating capacity for 1000
3A-Seating capacity for 1200
4A-Seating capacity for 1400

STATE
1A- Seating capacity for 1200
2A- Seating capacity for 1500
3A- Seating capacity for 1500
4A- Seating capacity for 1800
5A- Seating capacity for 2000
6A & 7A-Seating capacity for 2200

redrider30

Good deal. I knew it wouldn't make much since if it didn't seat the minimum requirement. Good luck hope you get it.

Wilson

So what's the estimated seating at the current gym in JC?. . .does anyone have an idea?

bleudog

January 17, 2015, 05:05:19 am #615 Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 05:10:09 am by bleudog
From the EDNT:

Dragons hold off Bulldogs

STRONG - Javontay Rogers and Keandre Evans scored 21 points apiece, as Junction City held off Strong 67-61 in 7-2A East action on Friday night.
    The Dragons led by four points at the end of the first three periods before winning by the final margin, but they will be without the services of Jamario Bell for their next game, who was ejected after receiving a second technical foul in the first half.
    Malik Lee had 23 points and Javonte Newton had 17 points for the Bulldogs (9-6, 2-4), who tied the game in the final period, but saw their bid for a comeback victory foiled by solid free-throw shooting by the Dragons (14-0, 5-0) down the stretch.

Strong rallies for victory

STRONG - LaTina Davis scored 14 points, but none were bigger than her layup with 20 seconds left in regulation, as Strong rallied for a 45-43 win over Junction City in a 7-2A East clash on Friday night.
    The Lady Bulldogs (8-7, 3-3) trailed 14-0 in the opening period, and 39-26 after three periods before rallying in the final minutes of the contest.
    Four missed free throws by Junction City (9-4, 4-1) allowed Strong to stay in the game, and a steal at halfcourt led to Davis scoring on a layup to give the Strong the lead for good.
    "We told the girls just to keep playing defense and keep chipping away and they did," said Strong coach Jason Porter. "Once we got there, we were in good shape. We showed a lot of heart tonight. I'm proud of them."
    After trailing 14-2 after the opening period, the Lady Bulldogs cut Junction City's lead to 24-19 at intermission before the Lady Dragons pushed the lead back to double digits with a strong third period.
    Charria Perry had 13 points and Moesha Thrower finished with 10 points for Strong.
    Khadijah Webster had 12 points and Ashley Gibson added nine points for Junction City.
    In the junior girls game, Strong came away with a 45-40 win.
    Shenee Story was one of three players in double figures with 16 points for the Lady Bulldogs (6-1, 3-0), who also got 15 points from Amaya Smith and 14 points from Dynasty Davis.
    Keetria Rogers had 16 points and Camya Hamilton had eight points for Junction City (6-1, 2-1).

bleudog

January 17, 2015, 05:32:55 am #616 Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:55:35 am by bleudog
Quote from: Wilson on January 16, 2015, 11:28:42 pm
So what's the estimated seating at the current gym in JC?. . .does anyone have an idea?

Not sure the exact number, but there are no more than nine rows of bleachers encircling the court (with the first row being almost unuseable due to its proximity to the court). Plus there are egress gaps on all four sides with the gaps on the short sides being larger than the ones on the long sides.  My GUESS would be less than 1,000.   

Here's a video:  CLICK HERE

THA TRUTH

In a video I saw carpenter said over 1200 seats

bleudog

January 17, 2015, 07:10:08 am #618 Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 07:20:43 am by bleudog
Quote from: THA TRUTH on January 17, 2015, 06:54:49 am
In a video I saw carpenter said over 1200 seats

I went back and added Mrs. Miller's class' video with Coach Carpenter's narration to my earlier post. He references the 1,264 of the PROPOSED gym but I don't think the seating capacity of the 1954 gym is mentioned. There could be another video that mentions the current gym's seating capacity I haven't seen though.

THA TRUTH

I miss read that's what I get for correcting the all knowing bleu but some dual states had of gone over 1000

thabeast428

Why was bell ejected? Jw if it was his attitude or was it more on strong

THA TRUTH

First tech was a double tech between him and a strong player then after a bad call he flipped the ball away from the ref so he would have to go get it and that brought the other tech which was a good call but in the girls game the cops had to come and say something to a ref after he used the mf on some of the jc fans so there's that

thabeast428

Oh wow figured it would get ugly

bleudog

January 17, 2015, 04:57:25 pm #623 Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:52:41 pm by bleudog
Quote from: THA TRUTH on January 17, 2015, 02:50:49 pm
First tech was a double tech between him and a strong player then after a bad call he flipped the ball away from the ref so he would have to go get it and that brought the other tech which was a good call but in the girls game the cops had to come and say something to a ref after he used the mf on some of the jc fans so there's that

;D

dragondad

1264 is the proposed regular season seating capacity, with enough room courtside for temporary seating to exceed the 1500 required for regional and state bids.

Wilson

Have they given an estimation on the price of the new gym?. . i know it would have to go out to bid to get the actual price but i would think they would put a proposed price for each project before they try to get the people to vote on it. . it may have been in a newspaper article and i missed it.  but if anyone has seen a estimate let me know

bleudog

Quote from: Wilson on January 18, 2015, 01:39:29 pm
Have they given an estimation on the price of the new gym?. . i know it would have to go out to bid to get the actual price but i would think they would put a proposed price for each project before they try to get the people to vote on it. . it may have been in a newspaper article and i missed it.  but if anyone has seen a estimate let me know

CLICK HERE

In addition to the breakdown in the article above, the remaining balance of one of two current bonds will be refinanced into the new bond, should the proposal pass.

Wilson

Thanks Bleu. . 4.8 million for that one facility is pretty steep. . I'm not against a new gym. . but to me it seems there are a few unnecessary parts there. . the old saying "jumped the shark" comes to mind when i really think about it. . Like i said. . I'm not against building a new gym. . .just not a fan of a few things in the election process so far and some of the "propaganda" i have read in a few articles

dragondad

Quote from: Wilson on January 18, 2015, 09:42:12 pm
Thanks Bleu. . 4.8 million for that one facility is pretty steep. . I'm not against a new gym. . but to me it seems there are a few unnecessary parts there. . the old saying "jumped the shark" comes to mind when i really think about it. . Like i said. . I'm not against building a new gym. . .just not a fan of a few things in the election process so far and some of the "propaganda" i have read in a few articles

What is it your not a fan of, and what "propaganda" did you read and not like? I'm interested to know before they hold the public meetings.

BigBrother

Dad,you wont hear any . Like many posters he likes to make people think he is in loop.he trying to give himself relevance. Lives in la. So he cant even vote. Building is set up good. Would have had a much larger gym in 2001 or 2002 but group of short sided people rallied and voted it down. In the consolidation  era it would be wise to have the best most modern physical plant possible

Wilson

How did i try to make anyone think i was in the loop? .   .and give myself relevance? . . that's funny. . . .i clearly stated i am not against the new gym. . I'm kinda leary of getting in a habit of buying more than is needed. . the whole lets get as much new stuff. as we can so we don't get consolidated argument also is just a smoke screen. . your school is more likely to get consolidated over financial mismanagement and falling test scores than anything. . not because your gym is too small. . . and JC will always be home to me. . i care about that school. . your right i can't vote.   and I'm not campaigning against the election . . i just said i think they may be asking for too much and it might turn some voters off.   .  you will never see me say don't vote for something unless its something that truly can hurt the school or town

Cheek

This is expensive, but everything is. There is no doubt that JC needs a new gym.  The problem is the State will not pay anything on the new facility unless it contains a classroom.  As long as JC's schools are in good physical shape, there should not be an issue with them building a new gym and going from 35 to 41 mills.

bleudog

January 19, 2015, 11:34:18 am #632 Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:11:04 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Wilson on January 18, 2015, 09:42:12 pm

I've only seen two articles in the EDNT (both linked earlier in the tread).  One was a recap of the board minutes and the other was the summary of the election committee giving their OK.  Both seemed pretty straight forward and I'm not sure what could be considered "propaganda" in either one of those.  If you've seen something else, I'd appreciate a link because there is no benefit to anybody for if you're seeing false or misleading information out there.

As far as cost, yes the numbers are unfortunately large.  it would be great if buildings could be build for what they could be build for in 1914 (the "red" building) or even in 1954 (the current gym), but those days are long gone.  Hey, in 1954 one could buy a new car for $1,700 and put a gallon of gas in it for $0.22.

There was an error in the linked EDNT article about the smaller building.  The cost for that 4,000+/- square foot building is in the $320,000-$375,000 range and not the $620,000 in the article.  That proposed building would provide the staff who currently work, and the kids who interact with that staff, in the "red" building modern facilities.  Its construction costs are ESTIMATED to be in the $80-$95 range as it is more of a conventional structure. 

The ESTIMATED cost per square foot on the gym/arena building is in the $135 to $140 range.  As a point of reference, the El Dorado High school facility that was built between 2009 and 2011 is 320,000 square feet and cost $43,300,000.  Obviously a much larger project but that works out to about $135/sq ft. CLICK HERE

The opportunity to vote is one of our most sacred rights.  I hope each Junction City voter exercises that right in an informed and conscientious manner.  The Junction City voters of 1914 and 1954 made commitments that served their communities for years.  What the 2015 Junction City voters decide to do will be determined on February 10th.

Wilson

RedWolf275

Looks like JC needs a new gym pretty badly and I hope they get one. However, these days any tax increase can be difficult.

dragondad

January 19, 2015, 05:03:19 pm #635 Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:59:28 am by dragondad
The tax increase will amount to $1.18 per thousand of appraised property value. That's $118.00/yr for a home with a tax appraised value of $100,000.00

That's $2.27 per week. Every one of us throws way more than that away on useless junk.

There are some in our area with millions of dollars worth of property that are up in arms about the increase. I get it, I just really don't care.....especially since a large portion of their increase will simply become a write-off while the common people gladly absorb nearly all of our increase.

dragondad

January 19, 2015, 05:11:34 pm #636 Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:57:12 am by dragondad
There are two taxes that are about as "fair" as you can get, that's sales and millage. I don't like paying taxes any more than the next guy but to have public services like schools, it's necessary. Every square inch of the district is taxed, regardless of it being undeveloped, commercial, or residential....someone, somewhere, is being taxed.

Old Red is an eyesore, a health hazard, and a fire hazard. If that thing goes, it'll take the hole North complex with it. In addition, it's just not practical or safe for what it's being used for.....or anything else for that matter.

Rida4Life

JC's old gym is a death trap.  I have feared for my life during more than one Dual State tourney.  Regardless of cost, the fact is they NEED a new gym.

dragondad

Reminder!!! Public meeting concerning millage increase and construction plans. Tomorrow night 1/22/2015, 6:00 PM in the JC Gym.

thabeast428

Can someone keep me updated on the jc/pc game? Girls and boys please. Having to work

bleudog

January 24, 2015, 04:21:11 am #640 Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 04:28:48 am by bleudog
From the EDNT:

Junction City 70,  Parkers Chapel 44
    JUNCTION CITY - The Dragons broke open a close game at intermission by outscoring the Trojans 31-12 in the third period en route to a win in 7-2A East action.
    Tyrus Grayson, Randall Holyfield and Javontay Rogers each scored 14 points for the Dragons, who led 26-22 at intermission before pulling away in the third period.
    Nicky Lambis had 13 points for the Trojans (4-14, 0-7).

Parkers Chapel tops Junction City
By Tony Burns, Sports Editor.   

JUNCTION CITY - It took awhile for the 7AA-East girls first-place showdown to materialize Friday. But when it did, it proved worth the wait.
    Parkers Chapel seized control of the league race with a gutty 55-49 victory over the Lady Dragons. The Lady Trojans, who saw a 17-point halftime lead whittled to one, improved to 15-4, 7-0.
    After the game, an overjoyed Coach Mark Young credited everyone, including the inventors of Theraflu and Band-Aids.
    "We had Kylie Madison going with a gimped up ankle she sprained Tuesday night. We had Lauren Brumley going, probably, with the first onset of the flu. My girl is home with the flu. We had two or three other girls who were playing under the weather tonight. It was a big, big win for us," he said. "I was thinking when we came down here, 'I don't know if we're going to be able to hold up.' I told Brumley not to even ride the bus tonight, just to show up around six o'clock, get in the bed and get some rest. Sheesh! Our team showed so much guts tonight. I was really proud of them, just really proud of 'em."
    The Lady Trojans looked like they were going to shoot Junction City out of its own gym in the first half. PC hit six 3-pointers by five different players.
    And, none of those players were named Lauren Brumley. Brooke Jackson came up huge off the bench, hitting a pair of 3-pointers and scoring 12 of her 14 points in the opening half.
    "I told her, 'Where have you been all my life, Brooke Jackson?'" said Young. "Just a big time, coming off the bench and knowing we needed a spark offensively. She played a little bit at Lonoke. She's played against the kind of athletes these guys have got. She fell right in there and looked like she was out there for a reason and made a big, big impact on the game tonight."
    Jackson's 3-pointer and backdoor layup triggered PC's 9-0 run to end the second quarter. Bailey Norwood hit two buckets to give the Lady Trojans a 31-14 halftime lead.
    Junction City, which looked deflated as it walked into its dressing room, came out breathing fire in the third quarter.
    Nikayla Fisher drove in for a layup before Khadijah Webster, who sat for most of the first half, hit back-toback buckets in the paint.
    Brumley drained a 3-pointer to stop the streak. But, the Lady Dragons kept firing. Samantha Meadows hit two at the line. Ashley Gibson scored in the paint. Fisher hit a floater in the lane before Chakeenia Malone hit back-to-back baskets. Webster followed with a three-point play, cutting the deficit to 34-33 with 1:59 left in the third quarter.
    With the crowd howling and PC reeling, the Lady Trojans got the ball on the block to Norwood, who scored over Webster.
    After a Junction City miss, Jackson knocked down a 12 footer in the lane. Seconds later, Brumley popped a 3-pointer. Norwood scored in the lane to end the third and Brumley opened the fourth with another 3-pointer, pushing the Lady Trojans' advantage to 46-33.
    The Lady Dragons ricocheted off the ropes with a flurry of energy, sparked by Fisher.
    Gibson scored in the lane before Fisher hit a short jumper then turned a steal into a layup. Malone hit inside and then Fisher struck again, finishing off a coast-to-coast drive with a nifty lefty scoop, slicing the lead to 46-43 with 5:03 remaining.
    PC's Norwood and Junction City's Jyrezhia Nathan swapped buckets before Brumley hit a dagger 3-pointer, stretching the lead to 51-45 with 3:05 left in the game.
    "Anytime we made a run, it seemed like she would step up and hit a big three for them," said Junction City coach Henry Harrell.
    The teams stalemated for a pair of possessions before PC pulled the ball out and gnawed at the clock. Late in the game, the Lady Dragons had only committed three fouls.
    By the time Junction City chased and fouled enough to put Brumley at the line for a 1-and-1, only 32 seconds remained. The senior netted both free throws to, essentially, put the game away.
    "The first half, we came out and didn't play very well. We went in at halftime and talked about, if we could just get a couple of baskets and start feeling good about ourselves, we could get back in the game," said Harrell.
    "I thought we came out in the third quarter and did get a couple of baskets and started feeling good about ourselves. We got our crowd in it and was right there. We had cut it to two, I think, and they came out and made a three. We just couldn't get over the hump."
    Seven players scored for PC led by Brumley, Norwood and Jackson with 14 points apiece.
    Brumley had three steals and scored all of her points in the second half. Haley Barker, Kelsie Madison, Kylie Madison and Amanda Easley all hit 3-pointers for the Lady Trojans, who opened up a twogame lead in the conference.
    "This team just steps up. They just step up," said Young. "They've learned a lot of lessons the last few years about stepping up, next man. We didn't know how much we were going to get out of Lauren tonight. We just made it happen. That's all I can tell you. We just made it happen."
    Fisher was a warrior for Junction City. The sophomore nearly messed around and got a triple-double, finishing with 14 points, eight rebounds, nine steals and four assists.
    "I thought she played, probably, her best game this year. She played with a lot of passion, drove it to the basket. I thought she did a great job tonight," said Harrell. "I'm just sorry we weren't able to win it for her because she did play hard tonight. I told her after the game, she could do that every night if she just puts her mind to it. We'll see where it goes from there."
    Malone notched 13 points with 10 boards, including eight offensive. Webster scored seven with five offensive rebounds and Gibson added six with eight rebounds.
    Harrell said the decision to sit Webster in the first half was a strategic one.
    "We were playing man. There really was nobody out there that she could guard at that time," he said. "So, we decided in order to sacrifice defense for offense, that we would put a smaller group out there on the floor at that time."
    After a lopsided first half, both coaches had positive thoughts about the red-hot final 16 minutes of action.
    "I'm proud of them for not quitting," said Harrell. "We could've laid down. Down 17 points at halftime, any other time we probably would've just shut it down and said what the heck with it. But, tonight we stayed with it. I tell them if they just keep battling, good things will happen."
    "They played with a lot more energy," Young said of the Lady Dragons. "They played like they had a lot on the line and they needed to win. They fought real hard and fought back - a lot of credit to them. We thought at the half they were teetering a little bit. They came out really strong in the third quarter, got it inside to the big girl and made a run on us. But, that bunch of mine just perservered. They just found a way, hit a couple shots and held on at the end. Thank God the clock ran out."

Wilson

Imagine that. . the EDNT puts a blurb about the boys game in the paper and then Burns writes a thesis length article about the girls game. . .Burns fascination with girls basketball has been disturbing for over 2 decades now. . there's nothing wrong with girls basketball .  . .nothing at all. . but Burns is just consumed with it

THA TRUTH

If he didn't cover them they wouldn't get much attention which for the girls is a big deal but what I will say is pretty weird is that he can name every player from the 1997-1998 jc softball teams hahaha

Wilson

Due would rather cover a 10 and under girls 10 under AAU tourney than any sporting event on earth. . its bizarre

bleudog

pj72501

Quote from: bleudog on January 27, 2015, 06:57:08 am
JC squeaks by Bearden:

CLICK HERE

Personally, this was one of the better games I have seen in a while.  Both teams played as hard as they could.  I was a great game to watch.

bleudog

January 28, 2015, 10:38:29 am #646 Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:18:58 am by bleudog
EDNT write up and picture from the Norphlet game:

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

RedWolf275

Seems odd that Norphlet has only played 10 games.

bleudog

EDNT article on millage election:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas