• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

state tournament site

Started by BigLion10, January 08, 2015, 04:34:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigLion10

All right who bid on the state tourney this year as the selection is upon us

dragondad

Approx how much money does a host site make from the state tourney?   Is there a minimum seating capacity they desire for selection?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dragondad on January 08, 2015, 11:15:57 pm
Approx how much money does a host site make from the state tourney?   Is there a minimum seating capacity they desire for selection?

Approximately a couple thousand dollar loss is the expected income from hosting according to some(Never heard of anyone claiming to make a profit form hosting state)...There is a minimum seating of around 1400 for 2A if I recall correctly...

spursfan

spursfan

Marmaduke and Pangburn are the two teams that I know have bid for sure. Not sure if anyone else has.

birddawg1986

Hope Panguburn gets it, and not Marmaduke. Nice faculties at Pangburn + you have plenty of room unlike at the Duke.

Baller_34

Marmalade should never host a state tournament!!! I don't know why the AAA would even allow that.

BoxNOne

Quote from: HF on January 08, 2015, 11:21:01 pm

Approximately a couple thousand dollar loss is the expected income from hosting according to some(Never heard of anyone claiming to make a profit form hosting state)...There is a minimum seating of around 1400 for 2A if I recall correctly...

Minimum seating is 1500. Pangburn gym didn't look like it had that much seating to me. But it does have a good amount of standing room.

bighurt411

I heard that Eureka Springs might bid on it. Does anyone know for sure?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 12, 2015, 11:40:22 am
Quote from: HF on January 08, 2015, 11:21:01 pm

Minimum seating is 1500. Pangburn gym didn't look like it had that much seating to me. But it does have a good amount of standing room.

Well I was close 8) .... Sounds like Bradley a few years ago for 1A...They had folding Chairs in every available spot to meet the minimum seating. I think Hillcrest did the same thing on the catwalk around the top of seats...

BigLion10

January 12, 2015, 06:09:45 pm #10 Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:08:16 pm by BigLion10
According to AAA website only pangburn and Marmaduke bid

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 12, 2015, 06:09:45 pm
According to AAA website only 0 any burn and Marmaduke bid

LoL What??

Nearly Normal

Quote from: Baller_34 on January 12, 2015, 10:04:48 am
Marmalade should never host a state tournament!!! I don't know why the AAA would even allow that.
Marmalade, that's pretty funny.  Just wondering, did your mom give you any more zingers to use when she was laying out your school clothes this morning?  Perhaps you should ask whichever school you think should hold the tournament to bid on hosting instead of running down the schools that do bid.

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 12, 2015, 10:08:25 pm
Meant pang burn HF lol

Auto-Correct strikes again....and that one had me laughing loud enough my wife wanted to know what was so funny

BigLion10

BoxNOne

BIC must have bid on regional. One of the best, if not the best 2A gyms in the state.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 12, 2015, 10:20:09 pm
BIC must have bid on regional. One of the best, if not the best 2A gyms in the state.

List is pinned at the top..

BoxNOne

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 12, 2015, 10:20:09 pm

If it's nicer than Carlisles, it must be a dandy.

BoxNOne

I have been to both and would give BIC a slight edge. However, Carlisle gym is extremely nice.

Cheek

I like BIC, but Carlisle is closer.

redrider30

I can tell you why Marmaduke is allowed to host.

1. We actually bid on the tournament every year and don't sit on our butts and complain about other schools bidding.
2. We meet or exceed all AAA requirements.
3. Although our gym is not ideal we do a good job of hosting tournaments.
4. Its called MONEY $$$. In 2013 we hosted the tournament and sent more money to AAA than any other host school.

bdubyab60

That might have had something to do with all the teams from the 2A-3 that were left in the tourney. As well as the home school making it to the finals.

I would think that is what brought in the money more than Marmadukes hosting of it. Stacking people in the door ways and lobby to watch a ballgame wasnt very fun.

MomaLion

BoxNOne

There were only two schools bidding on it so it obviously isn't a sweet deal. I give credit to Marmaduke for being willing to lose money (according to what I read on FF) to help their teams. Other schools aren't willing to do it. 

redrider30

I can promise you we aren't loosing money. Maybe some of you should learn how to make money. If we get it come on up, grip all you want  and we'll just smile, take your money and stack you in. LOL.

BoxNOne

I hope Marmaduke gets it as I am 30 minutes away!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: redrider30 on January 13, 2015, 02:49:09 pm
I can promise you we aren't loosing money. Maybe some of you should learn how to make money. If we get it come on up, grip all you want  and we'll just smile, take your money and stack you in. LOL.

First time I've ever heard of folks claiming to make money off of hosting a state tournament...

xavier2011

For a fan to watch a game, Marmaduke is a horrible place

HorseFeathers

Quote from: xavier2011 on January 13, 2015, 10:12:55 pm
For a fan to watch a game, Marmaduke is a horrible place

Probably leave broke after their first visit to the concession stand as well....Saying they can wade through the crowd and make it tot he concession stand...

xavier2011

Don't dare to get up or you will be watching from the doorway

bighurt411

I don't care what the gym is like or about the money. I simply do not want to drive all the way up there.

Silky Johnson

Both 2A bids don't seem to please many people. I think Pangburn needs to get it though because Marmaduke just has very little room. I've seen many good games in the gym but with a small lobby and the last row of bleachers doubling as a bench for both teams it doesn't allow for a comfortable setting.

Cheek

Quote from: Silky Johnson on January 14, 2015, 06:47:26 pm
Both 2A bids don't seem to please many people. I think Pangburn needs to get it though because Marmaduke just has very little room. I've seen many good games in the gym but with a small lobby and the last row of bleachers doubling as a bench for both teams it doesn't allow for a comfortable setting.

There is no way Marmaduke can seat 1500 fans.   

beach bum

I have seen Marmadukes gym one time and I could not honestly believe it hosted a state tournament, even at the 2A level. I really liked the gym, but it does not need to host state.

Hogfan167

NeaBaller21

2a State will be at Pangburn AAA just announced via Twitter

hogfan32

Not sure if many North Arkansasans have ever been in Layfayette County's gym but it is a very nice facility for 2A and I'm confused on why they didn't put a bid for the state or even regional tourney? ??? ???

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas