• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A District 3 Standings (Boys)

Started by birddawg1986, January 04, 2015, 01:25:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

birddawg1986

January 04, 2015, 01:25:34 pm Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 07:17:25 am by birddawg1986
Everyone should have played the first round robin games except maybe Earle & Cross Co. I'm not sure what the first half standings would look like but Im going to take a stab at it. I know BIC will be one of the better teams, Earle will be Earle once in hoops shaped, Marmaduke has a nice lineup, EPC is starting to jell under new coach, Riverside will always be hard to beat with Buster at the helm. Cross Co, Marked Tree & CRA should bring up the rear. I hope the district tournament is not stair steped for the top seeds but old fashion where any teams has to win 3 games to win the title.
1. BIC
2. Earle
3. Marmaduke
4. EPC
5. Riverside
6. Rector
7. Cross Co
8. Marked Tree
9. Crowley Ridge Academy

BoxNOne

I think Riverside boys are 6-1 in conference with EPC left to finish the first round.

Mr. Trill

Does anyone know B.I.C. and Earle's OVR record thus far?

Mr. Trill

Fearless Friday would be even better if the scores where posted on the Home Page just as Football. Good reason not?

NEAsupporter

BIC is 6-0 in conference and 10-5 overall I believe. I'm not sure about Earle.

NEAsupporter

Rector is in this conference too. Probably will finish towards the bottom but still might need to include them in the standings.

bdubyab60

Epc only has one conference win. With losses to Marmaduke, MT, earle and BIC so I doubt if they are in 4th.

birddawg1986

Yeah... I forgot about Rector. I know MT has wins vs CRA & EPC, and loses to BIC, Rector, Riverside, Marmaduke. 2-4 with make up games at Earle, and home against Cross Co. I didnt know EPC started out that bad. EPC might be hard to beat going foward.

BoxNOne

Earle hasn't played many conference games yet. They lost to Riverside and have beaten CRA and EPC. May have played CC, not sure. They play Marmaduke tomorrow which should have been their last first round conference game. They have a lot of make up games to play.

birddawg1986

January 05, 2015, 09:06:08 pm #9 Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 09:55:14 pm by birddawg1986
Marked Tree beat Walnut Ridge by 3. New kid transfer looked good tonight.

leedog95

birddawg how does MT let WR hang around are they any good???

birddawg1986

Marked Tree is just plain average or on most nights below average. There are not any true hooper's , but just athletes. I think they would do a lot better if they just pressed & trapped the whole game, and just made it into a free for all. She could play about 9-10 in a fast pace game, and let them play natural and feed off defense. I kinda like MT chances to improve in the 2nd have with all games being played at home except for a trip to Marmaduke & Cross Co. Everyone likes to come to MT, and play on those TIGHT rims :). I am hoping the new kid who looks like he has some basketball knowledge & skills can help MT seed there selves for a good spot in the district tournament. Still got a lot of basketball left. WR would probably be a bottom feeder in this conference, but will probably end up a 2 or 3 seed in the north district that matches up with our conference.  Dont' be surprised if all teams in our conference don't advance to state.

bdubyab60

Walnut Ridge wouldn't be a bottom feeder in this conference. They would compete for a 3, 4 or 5 seed. This isn't the first team from this conference they almost beat. They pushed Marmaduke at the NEA and it took 42 points from Page and a couple of tough calls to finish them off. Are they great, no, but they are a decent team.

Wilburn is playing her style. She protects her players from getting foul trouble in the first half by playing zone. Then mans and presses in the second half. It's been their style the last few years. She really doesn't have the players to play a pressing style the entire game. She's been at MT how long now, 15 plus years at least. I think she knows her players better than any of us and what style of play they can handle.

This conference is pretty even this year. I think on any night, any team could each other unlike in the past few years where EPC and BIC have run through it losing only a couple games at the most. Now you bring in Earle and it's even deeper. Getting a regional bid if you don't findh in the top 2 is going to be tough sledding.

ISU7

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 06, 2015, 07:53:45 am
Walnut Ridge wouldn't be a bottom feeder in this conference. They would compete for a 3, 4 or 5 seed. This isn't the first team from this conference they almost beat. They pushed Marmaduke at the NEA and it took 42 points from Page and a couple of tough calls to finish them off. Are they great, no, but they are a decent team.

Wilburn is playing her style. She protects her players from getting foul trouble in the first half by playing zone. Then mans and presses in the second half. It's been their style the last few years. She really doesn't have the players to play a pressing style the entire game. She's been at MT how long now, 15 plus years at least. I think she knows her players better than any of us and what style of play they can handle.

This conference is pretty even this year. I think on any night, any team could each other unlike in the past few years where EPC and BIC have run through it losing only a couple games at the most. Now you bring in Earle and it's even deeper. Getting a regional bid if you don't findh in the top 2 is going to be tough sledding.
+1 exactly 8)

mtindian42

if ms wilburn and coach perry can get them guys to play defence for 4 quarters. they will be tough for anyone to handel...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Mr. Trill on January 04, 2015, 09:50:03 pm
Fearless Friday would be even better if the scores where posted on the Home Page just as Football. Good reason not?

Ever tried to track down scores for basketball? I had a running standings thread for 1A-3A last season, and getting win/loss results for some of these teams was like trying to get blood from a turnip, darn near impossible...

NeaBaller21

1.BIC(7-0 or 6-0)
2.Earle(one loss)
3.Riverside(6-2)
Im not sure about the rest probably looking at Marmaduke or Marked Tree being the 4

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

The Bulldogs come to the MAC Friday night for some Homecoming Festivities!   It should be a good one.

birddawg1986

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on January 07, 2015, 12:06:29 am
1.BIC(7-0 or 6-0)
2.Earle(one loss)
3.Riverside(6-2)
Im not sure about the rest probably looking at Marmaduke or Marked Tree being the 4
Looks like your right in the top 3. If the JB Sun records are right looks like this. Dont know the Rector league record.

Marmaduke is 4-3
Marked Tree 2-4
EPC 2-4
Cross Co 1-4
CRA 1-4

ISU7

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on January 07, 2015, 07:08:16 am
The Bulldogs come to the MAC Friday night for some Homecoming Festivities!   It should be a good one.
Shouldnt that be home cooking.lol Just kidding BICMUSTANG4LIFE 8)

pioneers

Why in the world would yall schedule Earle for homecoming? I've seen bic play 5 or 6 games this year and the one thing that I have noticed that bic struggles with is the press and this Earle will probably be pressing the whole night and I think it will give bic problems.  I've got Earle by 10-15.

BoxNOne

I would love to get a wager on BIC +15 at home. A bank would loan money on that wager. Earle barely got by Marmaduke last night.

pioneers

January 07, 2015, 11:04:26 am #22 Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:08:20 am by pioneers
Quote from: BoxNOne on January 07, 2015, 10:33:04 am
I would love to get a wager on BIC +15 at home. A bank would loan money on that wager. Earle barely got by Marmaduke last night.
Bic struggles against the press and with Carmichael potentially being out bic has nobody to stop Buchanan unless they put pike on him then if pike gets in foul trouble they are definitely done.

And coach T doesn't have the best record against Earle. Dating back to his days at Manila he only beat them once I believe.

bdubyab60

BIC beat them twice last year. Now that was last year. I expect expect it to be a tight game for the most part.

BoxNOne

If Carmichael is out that will hurt BIC but don't forget where this game is being played. Charge man could be on the scene lol.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: ISU7 on January 07, 2015, 09:29:44 am
Shouldnt that be home cooking.lol Just kidding BICMUSTANG4LIFE 8)

It will take some of that. we may have to call in our special referees for this one.  ;)

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: pioneers on January 07, 2015, 10:28:15 am
Why in the world would yall schedule Earle for homecoming? I've seen bic play 5 or 6 games this year and the one thing that I have noticed that bic struggles with is the press and this Earle will probably be pressing the whole night and I think it will give bic problems.  I've got Earle by 10-15.

I asked the same ???  Only time we could fit them in the schedule so they say. 

NEAsupporter

That was literally the only night BIC could play Earle. There are tons of games this time of year and they are almost impossible to change around. They tried to get it changed but couldn't so we'll see what happens.

WPWells

So I guess that was the only night they could have homecoming...

Hogfan167

What is the problem with playing Earle on homecoming?

pioneers

Quote from: Hogfan167 on January 07, 2015, 06:02:48 pm
You usually want to play a team that isn't very good on homecoming so you can get a win.

NEAsupporter

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 07, 2015, 04:52:12 pm
So I guess that was the only night they could have homecoming...
Guess so. It doesn't matter anyways really. BIC would have to play them sometime anyways so maybe playing them on Homecoming will make them play harder and want to win more.

ASURedWolf6

Rector's conference record is 2-5 after the loss in Monette Tuesday night.

Beat MT, @ CC.
Lost @ BIC, M'duke, R'side, CRA, @ EPC.

Haven't seen Earle yet. That'll be next Friday.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Hogfan167 on January 07, 2015, 06:02:48 pm

It could be a distraction & with an opponent of this caliber you want to be focused.

playmaker04

Cross County is 4-8 overall and 1-4 in conference. It hurt them when Sr. Ty Townsend had to quit because of a heart condition. He was a scorer. Prayers for that young man.

BoxNOne

birddawg1986

January 08, 2015, 03:44:39 pm #36 Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 03:47:43 pm by birddawg1986
Quote from: playmaker04 on January 08, 2015, 10:05:45 am
Cross County is 4-8 overall and 1-4 in conference. It hurt them when Sr. Ty Townsend had to quit because of a heart condition. He was a scorer. Prayers for that young man.
Yes prayers indeed for the young man. I knew when they played WR in the NEA he wasnt playing. Yes that is a big blow for them, because he was a pretty good basketball player.

birddawg1986

Boys Games 1-9-2015

Earle at BIC
Marked Tree at Cross Co
CRA at EPC
Marmaduke at Riverside

NON CONF: Rector at Walnut Ridge

playmaker04

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 08, 2015, 03:44:39 pm
Quote from: playmaker04 on January 08, 2015, 10:05:45 am
Yes prayers indeed for the young man. I knew when they played WR in the NEA he wasnt playing. Yes that is a big blow for them, because he was a pretty good basketball player.
CC could be pretty good by the end of the season and next year. I believe they only have 2 seniors and one was Ty.

ISU7

January 09, 2015, 07:47:08 pm #39 Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:55:02 pm by ISU7
 Earle will  be without their big man tonight. Bic big man is noticeably limping. 

ISU7

Earle 20
Bic.    07.  End 1st.    #25 Earle has in the gym range.

ISU7

NEark tigers

Too bad I'm not there tonight....#25 is junior Marcus Brown...He has quickness and can shoot the mid-range jumper...   

Keep me posted...

NEark tigers

Quote from: ISU7 on January 09, 2015, 07:47:08 pm
Earle will  be without their big man tonight. Bic big man is noticeably limping.

Who is out for the Nation tonight?

ISU7

Quote from: NEark tigers on January 09, 2015, 08:15:25 pm
Quote from: ISU7 on January 09, 2015, 07:47:08 pm

Who is out for the Nation tonight?
Bohanon. Is not here

Dogg

ISU7

Dogg

They are playing pretty good with Bo. Thanks for the update Bro

bdubyab60

NeaBaller21

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas