• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How will Hartford operate after the combination?

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, January 01, 2015, 08:46:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MICHAELSPAPPY

Will they be completely absorbed into Hackett, or will the schools operate separately as now and only the administration will be combined?

Hustler_Pride

Administrative will be hackett schools. Football goes to hackett, the name on the school buses change and a few other little things.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Will Hartford still have the other sports beside football?

Hustler_Pride

HorseFeathers

Hustler Pride while we have you on the line...Is the rest true, about the only way Hackett will close Hartford is if it begins to lose money?

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Hustler_Pride on January 02, 2015, 02:13:59 pm
Yes. They will keep all other sports.

Good. A long history there at Hartford. I remember games with them going back into the 1960s.

HorseFeathers

The good news is that the 1A west region will pick up a school that is usually pretty solid in girls and boys basketball.

Hustler_Pride

That's the word. As long as they stay financially stable.

CincyGuyintheFort

Quote from: HF on January 02, 2015, 08:56:39 pm
The good news is that the 1A west region will pick up a school that is usually pretty solid in girls and boys basketball.

So that means after the consolidation, Hartford is going to drop to 1a in hoops ??

HorseFeathers

depends on when they make it official. only reason hartford is 2a is because of football.

BoxNOne

Hard to figure how schools with that small of an enrollment field competitive football teams.

bleudog

January 03, 2015, 02:53:40 pm #11 Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:56:37 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Hustler_Pride on January 01, 2015, 11:12:57 pm
Administrative will be hackett schools. Football goes to hackett, the name on the school buses change and a few other little things.

Won't the kids from from Hartford who want to play football need to formally transfer to Hackett?

The Norphlet kids were allowed to stay at Norphlet and play football at Smackover in 2014-2015 but that was due to a transition year.  In 2015-2016, there will only be one high school in the Smackover-Norphlet district.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on January 03, 2015, 02:53:40 pm
Quote from: Hustler_Pride on January 01, 2015, 11:12:57 pm

Won't the kids from from Hartford who want to play football need to formally transfer to Hackett?

The Norphlet kids were allowed to stay at Norphlet and play football at Smackover in 2014-2015 but that was due to a transition year.  In 2015-2016, there will only be one high school in the Smackover-Norphlet district.

Bleu, I think there's a loophole left in the laws that allow kids to participate at the other school in a situation like this.

CincyGuyintheFort

Yeah, I talked to an insider at Hartford after their game the other day, and he was saying the football kids will have a bus to take them to practices and whatnot at Hackett. But the football playing kids will remain students at Hartford.

And lol sorry Hustler-pride for saying this but.... @boxNone, have u ever seen Hartford play football, its not competitive lol.
Hartford going down to 1a for hoops would be great for the 1a-west, give it some more competitiveness' and in that conference Its needed. cuz now its County Line and Scranton. The other 4 teams(Kingston, mulberry, oark, st Paul) have a combined 7 wins total this season.

And I know it's basketball forum, but since we are speaking on these small, small schools. Why is their no 8 man football in Arkansas ?

Cheek

They may keep a Elem. school in Hartford,  but there is no way they will keep two High School's for very long.   It will have nothing to do with wants, but will come down to dollars and cents.   

CincyGuyintheFort

More than likely,yes your right.
I dont understand how there are so many small schools around here. All these schools with enrollments at 140 and less. How more of em dont end up consolidating due to financial strains. I was shocked when I moved down here and saw the amount of schools that small. And that was even before I knew there was a class 1a for hoops lol. I don't have anything against it really. Other than the perennial schools that are automatic wins for teams every single season. I think it's really cool playing for your little town. My school in Ohio was 3,200 kids. 765 in my grad class. That was just too much.I just figured for monetary reasons more would merge together.
But what I do think is nuts,  i apologize in advance, is the tons of these class "B" schools across the border in Oklahoma . I mean you'll have 5 schools in a 20 mile radius that have enrollments of 60, ,70 kids! Can anyone maybe tell me why the heck they do that over there?  It seems so wasteful.

MomaLion

Clarendon was stable financially and academically when we were forced to merge with Holly Grove...nothing against Holly Grove mind you but it was a state decision not ours. In hindsight that merger was the only thing that's kept us from being absorbed by Brinkley so in the end it's been a good thing...that and we have amazing kids from Holly Grove district that I'd never have known :)

redrider30

There many examples in NE Arkansas. They won't keep it open long no matter what they say. Just ask Weiner, Black Rock, Swifton, Delaplaine and Biggers Reyno. I hope I'm wrong.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: redrider30 on January 05, 2015, 11:01:04 am
There many examples in NE Arkansas. They won't keep it open long no matter what they say. Just ask Weiner, Black Rock, Swifton, Delaplaine and Biggers Reyno. I hope I'm wrong.

Weiner was financially and academically stable...They Just Fell under an arbitrarily picked number by a former Governor..

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 04, 2015, 12:55:55 am
More than likely,yes your right.
I dont understand how there are so many small schools around here. All these schools with enrollments at 140 and less. How more of em dont end up consolidating due to financial strains. I was shocked when I moved down here and saw the amount of schools that small. And that was even before I knew there was a class 1a for hoops lol. I don't have anything against it really. Other than the perennial schools that are automatic wins for teams every single season. I think it's really cool playing for your little town. My school in Ohio was 3,200 kids. 765 in my grad class. That was just too much.I just figured for monetary reasons more would merge together.
But what I do think is nuts,  i apologize in advance, is the tons of these class "B" schools across the border in Oklahoma . I mean you'll have 5 schools in a 20 mile radius that have enrollments of 60, ,70 kids! Can anyone maybe tell me why the heck they do that over there?  It seems so wasteful.

Take a Gander at some of the small schools in Missouri :D...Every, and I mean literally every small town still has a school up there. My Dad's Alma Mater had 250 Kids K-12 the last time I looked at it, and they are a consolidated school district to begin with lol...The only problem with closing them is that the next closest school is 28 miles away in any direction...

redrider30

Weiner did fall under the number. They were sent Harrisburg and they kept them open for 1 year and then closed them. When a larger school gets control of a smaller school in a smaller town they could care less about how good the school is financially or its academics or what happens to the smaller town. These schools get their tax base and most of their students which helps better their financial situation. Weiner school district has a lot of rice land just like Delaplaine did when Greene County Tech got them. Delaplaine was covered under isolated district rule until a State Senator from Paragould got the law changed so a school district in his town would benefit from it.

bleudog

January 08, 2015, 09:01:24 am #20 Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 11:27:12 am by bleudog
Probably too late for Hartford, and it might not come to fruition, but the new Governor seems a little more tolerant of smaller schools:  http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/102700/asa-hutchinson-open-to-changes-in-school-consolidation-law

BoxNOne

Good information Bleudog. Makes me glad I voted for him!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas