• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strong Tourney

Started by bhartgen, December 18, 2014, 03:03:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

THA TRUTH

Smack really couldn't do anything offensively and it was jc quickness that hurt them more than size

Proud Buckaroo

I want an honest opinion of how Smackover looked. I couldn't make the game because my one year old is sick.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 22, 2014, 08:13:51 pm
I want an honest opinion of how Smackover looked. I couldn't make the game because my one year old is sick.

Well, i didnt see the game, but an honest opinion of a team that got doubled up on scoring wise, cant be good p.b.

THA TRUTH

Jc is pretty good and will push for a state title in basketball this year. So idk how smackover will look against conference opponents.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 22, 2014, 08:26:42 pm

Well, i didnt see the game, but an honest opinion of a team that got doubled up on scoring wise, cant be good p.b.

Smackover was outmatched with Bell. We have no one that can match up to his size... If we tried to double him... More than likely Ty kid would have hurt us. Junction just had a size advantage against Smackover. Both Elmo and Jordan are a good pair, but some times they try to shoot too many threes. In this game, it was stated that they tried too many.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 22, 2014, 08:33:39 pm

Smackover was outmatched with Bell. We have no one that can match up to his size... If we tried to double him... More than likely Ty kid would have hurt us. Junction just had a size advantage against Smackover. Both Elmo and Jordan are a good pair, but some times they try to shoot too many threes. In this game, it was stated that they tried too many.

I meant no disrespect by my comment, just saying thats one of the films you dont watch and just move on. The players know what happened im sure.

Thats how clarendon is doing everyone in the 6. They are salty.

Proud Buckaroo

I think if Smackover had a big center... We would be much better.

Proud Buckaroo

Anyways. Congratulations to Junction... Good luck in the Camden Classic. Looking for an El Dorado/Junction match-up. El Dorado shoots a lot of threes as well... But they make more than they miss.

thabeast428

When is the Camden tourney bc dual state starts Monday. Jc didn't really use bell and Ty in the paint much like they do on the wing jc defense is what hurt smackover just bc of their quickness and smackover looked tired when jc was still pushing. Jc will have to work on their offense and make better passes and make more free throws.

Proud Buckaroo

Still having trouble with free throws? You would think as many as they missed in the Championship game.. They would have worked on that a little better. In my opinion, that's what hurt them the very most last season.

Wonderdog

JC outplayed Smackover on every level. As stated previously, JC was quicker and had a significant size advantage. They also established themselves as the better conditioned team. Smackover had no presence inside the 3 point line. They often turned the ball over by losing their dribble as well. They almost played as if they were scared. JC was very physical and Smackover did not appear to have the desire to want to crash the boards with JC. Most times a JC played went for the rebound Smackover watched. They realized quick that they were outmanned after a 12-0? Run to begin the game. I imagine Smackover is a much much better team than they looked like tonight. Just an assessment from a neutral observer. Was rooting for Smackover to get the win. Not downing any players or efforts of the kids before anyone tries to spin it that way, it is simply what I observed with my own eyes.

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 22, 2014, 08:37:18 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 22, 2014, 08:33:39 pm

I meant no disrespect by my comment, just saying thats one of the films you dont watch and just move on. The players know what happened im sure.

Thats how clarendon is doing everyone in the 6. They are salty.
We still aren't where we need to be Pick...not as smooth as last year...yet.  The PB tourny will give them the experience they need i'm sure.

bleudog

December 23, 2014, 07:32:47 am #62 Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 07:36:22 am by bleudog
EDNT write ups on Monday's games:

GIRLS

BOYS

Astate37

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 22, 2014, 09:32:43 pm
Still having trouble with free throws? You would think as many as they missed in the Championship game.. They would have worked on that a little better. In my opinion, that's what hurt them the very most last season.

Keep in mind that the majority of them stepped foot on the court for the first time in a while a little over a week ago...Hopefully their shots will get more consistent over the next few weeks. I know it always took us a little while to get out of football mode and find our shot back in the day.

THA TRUTH

Didn't take u long one time if I remember either ur first or second game ur senior year u dropped 40 haha

Astate37

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 23, 2014, 12:59:01 pm
Didn't take u long one time if I remember either ur first or second game ur senior year u dropped 40 haha

Ha yeah, couldn't miss that game. Don't know what got into me...  ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas