• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEA Tournament

Started by NEAsupporter, December 11, 2014, 09:34:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

Funny moment during the game. WR coach tries to hand charge man a towel. Politely asking if he needs it to get the sweat out of his eyes.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

I'm about out of battery so this may be my last post for the night

bdubyab60

ICC 41 MT 36 headed to the 4

bdubyab60

MT wins 54 to 51. More to come on this one later

bdubyab60

Hogfan167

Boys lower: Marked Tree over ICC 54-51. Some horrible officiating in this one.

bdubyab60

leedog95

leedog95

leedog95

leedog95

Hogfan167

EPC wins it by three. EPC looked to be the better squad to me. They were a little out of control late with the lead but were able to hold on.

bdubyab60

Solid win for EPC. 65 to 62 final. Got sloppy late probably a lot to do with the pressure of the game. If we play like that we could be dangerous got to get some consistency

bdubyab60

Bay 30 Augusta 27 halftime

bdubyab60

Bay 46 Augusta 35 headed to the 4th. One thing I cant stand is the refs not calling intentional fouls when's player is going to dunk. Kid from Augusta was going for an oop and bay player 2 hand shoves him. No attemp to play the ball at. They did call a foul but just a regular and Augusta got the ball out of bounds. Bay player wasn't trying to hurt him just stop a dunk but you should try and play the ball

doubled

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 27, 2014, 10:15:44 pm
Bay 46 Augusta 35 headed to the 4th. One thing I cant stand is the refs not calling intentional fouls when's player is going to dunk. Kid from Augusta was going for an oop and bay player 2 hand shoves him. No attemp to play the ball at. They did call a foul but just a regular and Augusta got the ball out of bounds. Bay player wasn't trying to hurt him just stop a dunk but you should try and play the ball
+1

Silky Johnson

NEA Razorback olfan

bdubyab60

Augusta made it a ballgame for a while. When they fell behind and just started chunking up 3's. Completely negating their athletic advantage. The Muns kid is a decent player and would post up and the guards just dribble around and forget that they have a kid 6'7" down there. But that's been Augusta ball the past few years.

Bays got a heck of a ball team. They can shoot, play solid D and they handle pressure well. Gonna take a god hame from someone to beat them.

Hogfan167

Augusta had one of the worst zone offenses I have seen. Also could not shoot 3'a very well.

chickasaw fan

Great win for epc and the new coach.!!! I love watching the crying coach from BIC get beat!!! He complained on every play that went against him. Epc did a great  job by making a big bring the ball down the court. Great man/man full court defense.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Hogfan167 on December 27, 2014, 11:15:06 pm
Augusta had one of the worst zone offenses I have seen. Also could not shoot 3'a very well.
Not very good against the man to man either. Looks like they get buckets just off playing ball. Cant really remember a set play that they ran.

leedog95

EPC could have won that game pretty easy. BIC definitely got most of the calls. Coach Taylor is good at working the refs and gets a lot of calls doing it...

bdubyab60

Quote from: Hogfan167 on December 27, 2014, 07:55:45 pm
The timeout thing almost became real bad. The nearly gave ICC the technical on the time out. Really all the kid was doing was asking the coach if he wanted a TO if MT made the free throw. I was under the impression that you couldn't call a timeout when the shooter has the ball at the line. Which I believe the MT player did, not sure. Did see the kid make the signal for TO though. They then almost issue a technical on ICC even though they had a TO. That's even after they checked. IMO the most inconsistently called game of the day and some of those calls during crucial parts of the game that could have swung it either way.

bdubyab60

Quote from: leedog95 on December 28, 2014, 12:25:19 am
EPC could have won that game pretty easy. BIC definitely got most of the calls. Coach Taylor is good at working the refs and gets a lot of calls doing it...
Pike was at the freethrow line the entire 4th quarter. Probably could have had 50 tonight if he hits most of the ones in the first half. He dips his shoulder and gets a blocking call better than anyone, a charge on anyone else. Somebody needs to line that #4 out too. Seen him elbow 2 of our players in the face.

MomaLion

Stuttgart did that to us the last time we played...every single time.

hssportfan

December 28, 2014, 08:44:39 am #78 Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:49:54 am by hssportfan
Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 28, 2014, 12:33:23 am
Pike was at the freethrow line the entire 4th quarter. Probably could have had 50 tonight if he hits most of the ones in the first half. He dips his shoulder and gets a blocking call better than anyone, a charge on anyone else. Somebody needs to line that #4 out too. Seen him elbow 2 of our players in the face.
He definately has attitude issues. The one ref that gave Pike all those free throws watched him throw one elbow I know and did nothing.

BoxNOne

He is the kid that plays golf for Jonesboro and basketball for BIC. I don't think he plays baseball but if he does he may play it somewhere else. Great rules AAA!! To the game, EPC deserved this win for sure. The EPC transfers are pretty good additions. And yes, BT gets most of the calls but he always does. The referees are intimidated by him for sure.

BoxNOne

I thought ICC got the short end of the officiating in this one, especially late in the game. The ref who used to play for Valley View 25 years ago really stuck it to them late.

doubled

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 28, 2014, 10:26:14 am

I thought ICC got the short end of the officiating in this one, especially late in the game. The ref who used to play for Valley View 25 years ago really stuck it to them late.
hard to beat local teams unless you're just so good the bad calls want matter. Example CR 2 years ago, CR last year was just way above the rest.

hssportfan

Local teams definately have the advantage especially in the NEA. VV, Nettleton, Westside, Bay have the advantage at the Convo.

Batman44

Would appreciate the schedule for tomorrow. Can't seem to locate it anywhere.

Radiotalker

no free throws?

Radiotalker

Quote from: hssportfan on December 28, 2014, 12:28:34 pm
Local teams definately have the advantage especially in the NEA. VV, Nettleton, Westside, Bay have the advantage at the Convo.

gotta make sure they are in the finals for a good gate.

BoxNOne

Quote from: Batman44 on December 28, 2014, 01:34:01 pm
Would appreciate the schedule for tomorrow. Can't seem to locate it anywhere.

Monday games are all upper division quarterfinals

Girls:
10:30 Riverside vs Tuckerman
12:00 Nettleton vs Harrisburg
1:30 Cave City vs Cedar Ridge
3:00 Valley View vs Rivercrest

Boys:
4:30 Westdide vs Riverside
6:00 Cedar Ridge vs Rivercrest
7:30 Nettleton vs Osceola
9:00 Valley View vs Manila

bdubyab60

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 28, 2014, 01:39:31 pm

no free throws?
None they called it as if he wasn't shooting. Maybe because he hadn't touched the ball yet. The oop was thrown, he jumped, then the shove and then the ball hit his hands. Like I said I don't understand why this isn't an intentional foul. It's one thing to grab a kid as they start a break away, another entirely to shove a player while he's in the air. I'm all for a good, clean foul to stop a dunk but at least try and make a play on the ball.

bdubyab60

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 28, 2014, 09:43:37 am
Ill have to read those rules box, but that sure doesn't sound like that's allowed

He is the kid that plays golf for Jonesboro and basketball for BIC. I don't think he plays baseball but if he does he may play it somewhere else. Great rules AAA!! To the game, EPC deserved this win for sure. The EPC transfers are pretty good additions. And yes, BT gets most of the calls but he always does. The referees are intimidated by him for sure.

Batman44

pioneers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 28, 2014, 02:09:03 pm
Ill have to read those rules box, but that sure doesn't sound like that's allowed

I don't like that rule but to my knowledge he used school choice to go to jonesboro for golf and then didn't like it after golf season and since he stilled lived in bic boundaries if he chose to go back to bic he would be cleared immediately to play sports. That's how I think the rules work I may be wrong but as long as you have a residence in a schools boundaries then you don't have to sit out for sports. I may be wrong on that but that's just my impression on it. The rules definitely needs to be revised and changed for that.

As for the game it was a very entertaining game and idk if there will be a better game in the NEA this year. I thought that epc rushed some shots late in the game instead of making bic foul them. But a very good win for epc and in my opinion should get by marmaduke to play in the finals.

ricepig

Quote from: pioneers on December 28, 2014, 02:21:39 pm

I don't like that rule but to my knowledge he used school choice to go to jonesboro for golf and then didn't like it after golf season and since he stilled lived in bic boundaries if he chose to go back to bic he would be cleared immediately to play sports. That's how I think the rules work I may be wrong but as long as you have a residence in a schools boundaries then you don't have to sit out for sports. I may be wrong on that but that's just my impression on it. The rules definitely needs to be revised and changed for that.

As for the game it was a very entertaining game and idk if there will be a better game in the NEA this year. I thought that epc rushed some shots late in the game instead of making bic foul them. But a very good win for epc and in my opinion should get by marmaduke to play in the finals.

I wonder where he went. I saw him in a scrimmage game before the last regular season football game and thought he had some talent, but wondered if he would get any minutes on such a deep team. Now I know.

pioneers

Quote from: ricepig on December 28, 2014, 02:28:05 pm

I wonder where he went. I saw him in a scrimmage game before the last regular season football game and thought he had some talent, but wondered if he would get any minutes on such a deep team. Now I know.

He has some talent but no where near the talent to play for jonesboro. Do you know how he did in golf? I heard he is pretty good.

NEAsupporter

He did very well in golf at Jonesboro and helped them to win another state championship this year. The BIC golf team won when he played for them as a freshman and still finished runner up without him this past year to Spring Hill. As for basketball, I am a BIC fan and respect Coach Taylor as a coach. He has won 3 state championships and any coach that has done that in my opinion has earned respect. EPC played well last night, especially in the first quarter, and got the win. And if Bill Taylor can work on the refs and get a call, why not? He loves to win. Coach Brandon from Bay does the same thing and they are both great coaches in my opinion. Anways, congrats to EPC and their new coach on getting a big win last night and moving on to the semi finals. I'm glad to see the 2A-3 conference getting stronger.

BoxNOne

It' not the refs job to GIVE them calls. Don't blame the coaches, I blame the refs.

bdubyab60

I thought school choice was you could choose where you wanted to go to school before the school year and be enrolled before the school year. Not swap back and forth during the season. Understand he lives in district but would still think there is some period he had to be held out.

Start the year at a school you should have to finish it there. You should be able to transfer for academic reasons not athletic during the year. Unless there's some kind of hardship

BoxNOne

I must admit this is the craziest rule (or maybe it is non rule) I have heard of. Two questions I would have. Could he play baseball somewhere else in the same year if he rents another apartment at the third school? Also, I guess he could repeat this same process next year. This whole business of transferring, moving has gotten totally out of hand IMO. I think the superintendents need to step in and get some real rules established. Apparently, there are not really any rules about any of it anymore.

mtindian42

mt just turned up that D on ICC they could not breath late in that game...if we get that kind of effort every game we will be unstoppable...

hssportfan

Quote from: ricepig on December 28, 2014, 02:28:05 pm
If he did in fact scrimmage with J'boro in the same sport that's a different story. We ran into that last year in football and that kid had to sit out until the following year.

bdubyab60

Quote from: mtindian42 on December 28, 2014, 06:04:35 pm
mt just turned up that D on ICC they could not breath late in that game...if we get that kind of effort every game we will be unstoppable...
Yeah that was a turning point for sure. That and ICC's big kid being on the bench with foul trouble. I don't know about unstoppable 42 a long way to go before that happens. lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas