• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEA Tournament

Started by NEAsupporter, December 11, 2014, 09:34:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hssportfan

If he did in fact scrimmage with J'boro that's a different story. We ran into that last year in football and that kid couldn't play until this year.

mtindian42

yeah dub we got to play that way the whole game... not just at the end...

bdubyab60

Might depend on if he actually played.

bdubyab60

Quote from: mtindian42 on December 28, 2014, 06:20:20 pm
yeah dub we got to play that way the whole game... not just at the end...
Ive watched more EPC and MT basketball than most people. Had a guy sitting in front of me asking about Marked Tree. I DG is their best player they got the big kid down low. They will play zone most of the first half, every once in a while they will switch it but not much. Second half if they aren't in foul trouble they will press and man the entire second half.

Marked Tree is in the same boat EPC is in. They are a decent team but have some holes. Marked Trees is their bench, though they stepped up the other night. Marked Tree will go as far as Griffin can carry them. I like watching him play, hes really tough to stop when he gets rolling down the court. Definitely plays better when the game is faster.

mtindian42

little number 11 for epc can shoot the lights out...Bic had no clue about him apparently...

mtindian42

yeah terry carter Jr. is tough down low...and young can get to the rim...while brown can light it up from outside...we got all the pieces just got to put it all togeather...

BoxNOne

From what I have seen MT will be in the 4-5 battle this season in the conference.

mtindian42

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 28, 2014, 10:26:14 am
Quote from: Hogfan167 on December 27, 2014, 07:55:45 pm
Boys lower: Marked Tree over ICC 54-51. Some horrible officiating in this one.

I thought ICC got the short end of the officiating in this one, especially late in the game. The ref who used to play for Valley View 25 years ago really stuck it to them late.
lol...we had some calls go against us as well...

mtindian42

pike is good...but that eddie page kid is great...by far the best out of those 2...

pioneers

Quote from: mtindian42 on December 28, 2014, 07:07:14 pm
pike is good...but that eddie page kid is great...by far the best out of those 2...
IMO pike is a better all around player. Eddie is good on offense but no so great on defense. I've watched Eddie play 3 games so far and in 2 of them he hasn't done anything special. He is a real streaky shooter and if things don't go his way it carries over to defense. They are both really good players I just think that pike brings more to table than just offense where as Eddie is more offense based. Ive always been told if you score 30 and the guy you guard scores 25 yips like you really only score 5.

bdubyab60

Pike is definitely the more consistent of the 2. But it was fun to watch the other night. Page went for 42. At one point scoring 21 straight of marmadukes points. Better pick him up at half court.

Should be an interesting game Tuesday

mtindian42

the only thing I seen that pike dose better then page is pass...he can dish out some passes...

mtindian42

December 29, 2014, 07:34:55 am #112 Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 07:37:45 am by mtindian42
epc will beat duke...they will take away page and outside of him duke don't have much else...epc rolls to the finals...we will have to take down the nea's darling...in bay. everyone knows bay gets all the clutch calls... if this game is close late look for bay to move on...

BoxNOne

I like EPC by about 10 over Marmaduke. I think Marmaduke beat them earlier but I don't think it happens again.

Hogfan167

Girls upper

Tuckerman over Riverside by about five

Hogfan167

Girls upper

Nettleton over Harrisburg by 30 or so

Hogfan167

Girls upper

Cedar Ridge over Cave City by 11

Hogfan167

Girls upper

Valley View over Rivercrest by 30.
VV scored 99. Needless to say but Rivercrest played absolutely no D.

Hogfan167

Boys upper
Westside over Riverside by 17

Hogfan167

Boys upper

Cedar Ridge over Rivercrest by two

ricepig

Quote from: hssportfan on December 28, 2014, 06:15:11 pm
If he did in fact scrimmage with J'boro that's a different story. We ran into that last year in football and that kid couldn't play until this year.

It was a black/gold scrimmage, just like a practice.

Hogfan167

All games today are semifinals

Girls lower  ICC over BIC by 16

mtindian42

ICC girls style of play is tough to Handel...they will be hard to beat this year...

Hogfan167

Girls upper

Nettleton beat Tuckerman by six. 30 minute injury delay in this game. So schedule 30 minutes late

BoxNOne

Valley View 54 Cedar Ridge 43.   Didn't get the Marmaduke-EPC score. These are girls

bdubyab60

Marmaduke won by 10 is what I was told. That's girls

bdubyab60

EPC returns the favor beats Marmaduke at the buzzer with a 3 61 to 60 final

Hogfan167

They better turn it up against Bay. I figure they will.

bdubyab60

Just about everyone will have to turn it up against bay

Hogfan167

Yea Watson has made them very tough

leedog95

How bad did Bay beat MT???

John M.

doubled

EPC looked good tonight was fun to watch. Good luck to EPC tomorrow. 

ISU7

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 30, 2014, 06:13:19 pm
EPC returns the favor beats Marmaduke at the buzzer with a 3 61 to 60 final
+1 8)

BoxNOne

I know the Reed kid is a move in but is James also a move in? I don't remember him from last years jr or sr teams.

hssportfan

James actually started for our jr high team a couple years ago. That team won conference and district. I believe he started kindergarden here and has never been anywhere else.

BoxNOne

Thanks HSSF for the info. Just didn't remember him from last year.

bdubyab60

Yeah hes been friends with my son for a while. Even in pre-K. Hill always ahd a short leash with him as a sophomore and he really didnt get much playing time. Probably the reason many wont remember him.

BoxNOne

He is small but looks to have some potential to me.

bdubyab60

He is hard to guard. Ive have a bet with him that he wont dunk before his senior year is done.

hssportfan

I think you win that bet,  but he's not timid to go right at the trees.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: mtindian42 on December 28, 2014, 06:30:44 pm
little number 11 for epc can shoot the lights out...Bic had no clue about him apparently...

They should have. He tore them up the 1st half when they played at the Mac. 

Hogfan167

Marmaduke up by 15 over ICC in the 3rd

mtindian42

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on December 31, 2014, 12:20:52 pm
Quote from: mtindian42 on December 28, 2014, 06:30:44 pm

They should have. He tore them up the 1st half when they played at the Mac.
I couldn't tell they left him wide open all night in this game...

Hogfan167

Marmaduke beats ICC by 17.

birddawg1986

Yeah James has always been at EPC. I have been Impressed
the EPC team. Got little talent + new kid is pretty good.I imagine playing under a new coach I'd tuff but he seems to be pretty good guy. He let Bill Taylor know Saturday night that he was not imidimated. Should be a fun district tournament. Every team in this conference besides CRA & Marked Tree will be tuff in the 2nd half of season.

BoxNOne

Sorry EPC guys, but I like Bay by around 10 tonight. However, I will be pulling for EPC.

mtindian42

I heard Mr Jeff miles calling number 11 little bit...I'm assuming that's his nick name. the kid may be little but he plays big. his brother tweet played at MT with us back in the day...

bdubyab60

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 31, 2014, 06:19:06 pm
Sorry EPC guys, but I like Bay by around 10 tonight. However, I will be pulling for EPC.
Tough game for us tonight hopefully we can pull it out.

leedog95

December 31, 2014, 07:47:22 pm #149 Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 08:02:44 pm by leedog95
Keep us updated on the scores couldn't make the game feeling a little under the weather.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas