• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

E.P.C. boys

Started by scatterback11, December 01, 2014, 01:38:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scatterback11

Rumor has it that all the players are not happy with the coach and plan on quitting the team?!?
Any truth to this?  This would be a shame to a great program that has been in place for over a decade!

Hogfan167

Anything to this or just a very wild rumor. I see they are still playing.

scatterback11

I believe the boys decided to play but the ones that skipped the practices were benched during the Marmaduke game last night.  I know the scales kid didnt touch the floor last night. 

mtindian42

why don't they like the coach?

Missco7

Quote from: mtindian42 on December 17, 2014, 01:49:55 pm
As an outsider looking in, I see he demands alot out of them and holds them accountable for their actions.  This is one thing I don't think the previous coach did...

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Missco7 on December 18, 2014, 07:58:46 am
Quote from: mtindian42 on December 17, 2014, 01:49:55 pm
As an outsider looking in, I see he demands alot out of them and holds them accountable for their actions.  This is one thing I don't think the previous coach did...

That's completely NUTS!!
What in the world is he thinking !!
Accountability and responsibility is way overrated!!

Seriously though,
Sounds like he is teaching them more than Basketball!!

mtindian42

sounds like he is one heck of a person... that don't just care about wins and losses...

BoxNOne

I am sure the coach is doing what he thinks is right, but wins and losses definitely count at EPC.

Donnie Jamon

Most Epc kids don't care about the name on the jersey anymore. This is what is gonna kill them the next few years. Plus lack of talent walking thru that door doesn't help.  I remember when practice was hard but fun and loved it. Now its beer, partying, more beer and hunting. Its a shame

BoxNOne

DJ, it definitely isn't what it used to be. Loyalty and pride in ones home school are traits that are going the way of the dinosaur. It is not only at EPC but is pretty widespread looks like to me. Just look at the way players jump around from school to school and even back to the original school. It is like free agents in pro sports. A few schools recruit and a few more figure they had better get in the game or be left behind. I think it is going to get worse in coming years as more schools figure out they have no choice.

mtindian42

I had a friend of mine who is currently and asst coach at Paragould tell me that the kids today would rather play video games then to play sports...and that the kids today don't have tough skin anymore and the coaches have to go easy on them are they will quit...

Hogfan167

Things have changed a lot in the last 10-15 years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas