• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-2A West

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, October 06, 2014, 04:25:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bighurt411

JC Westside should be the favorite in girls. Hackett and Mountainburg will be solid as well.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Magazine's girls will be very young. One nice post player.
http://michaelspappysualrblog.blogspot.com/

bighurt411

They lost a lot of seniors to graduation. What grade is the post player in?

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: bighurt411 on November 02, 2014, 07:24:02 am
They lost a lot of seniors to graduation. What grade is the post player in?

Junior, I think, buy don't quote me yet.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 01, 2014, 09:54:18 pm
Magazine's girls will be very young. One nice post player.
http://michaelspappysualrblog.blogspot.com/

What areas do you cover with your blog? Just notice you keep linking it....If you do highschools you should look at the kid at Scranton that dropped 50+ the other night...

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: HF on November 08, 2014, 10:09:30 pm
What areas do you cover with your blog? Just notice you keep linking it....If you do highschools you should look at the kid at Scranton that dropped 50+ the other night...

Mainly UALR basketball, but other sports in general.

HorseFeathers

Would anyone be opposed to just making this a West Region thread?

in Girls Action, Hector beat Mountainburg 45-41 in the WYC tournament

Sport718

I've seen all of the girls teams in the west region. JC Westside girls are the top team. Hector, Hackett, and Conway Christian are also tough.

bighurt411

Quote from: Sport718 on November 21, 2014, 11:10:46 pm
I've seen all of the girls teams in the west region. JC Westside girls are the top team. Hector, Hackett, and Conway Christian are also tough.
Westside girls defeated Paris @Paris las Friday night 61-58. A big win for the Lady Rebels.

Hustler_Pride

Anything on the boys teams this year. I have been hearing that some of the teams are way down.

RATTLER43

Impressive win. 

L
Quote from: bighurt411 on November 23, 2014, 09:11:01 am
Quote from: Sport718 on November 21, 2014, 11:10:46 pm
Westside girls defeated Paris @Paris las Friday night 61-58. A big win for the Lady Rebels.

bighurt411

Quote from: Hustler_Pride on November 23, 2014, 09:55:10 am
Anything on the boys teams this year. I have been hearing that some of the teams are way down.
Westside boys played Paris to within 6 at Paris. We might surprise some people.

RATTLER43

Girls side is top heavy. Boys side seems wide open. Who will step up?

MICHAELSPAPPY

I saw both Magazine teams this season, and both are weak at this point. But there are a few players who could help them if they develop over the course of the season. It will be a journey this year. Both junior high squads are strong.

bighurt411

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 26, 2014, 04:08:54 pm
I saw both Magazine teams this season, and both are weak at this point. But there are a few players who could help them if they develop over the course of the season. It will be a journey this year. Both junior high squads are strong.
Westside junior high teams played at Magazine tonight. Haven't heard any scores yet.

Sport718

Quote from: bighurt411 on December 02, 2014, 09:14:17 pm
Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 26, 2014, 04:08:54 pm
Westside junior high teams played at Magazine tonight. Haven't heard any scores yet.
Westside Jr Girls won by 20. they looked very good!

MICHAELSPAPPY

Magazine's junior boys are pretty good. They have some players.

beach bum

I follow 4A but I saw where Decatur beat Lincoln and lost 66-44 to Huntsville. That's pretty good considering Huntsville is a final 8, quarterfinal caliber team in 4A.... Lincoln was good last year but will be down this year. Still they will be competitive at least in the 1-4A.... Decatur looks like they may cruise to the conference title after those results.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Magazine looked much better tonight against Mansfield, boys and girls. Still a long way to go, but definitely headed in the right direction.

pantherfan3

Bigelow Boys will fight hard to make a return trip to the state championship! They couldn't get anything to drop on Friday against the very dirty playing Western Yell and took a very disappointing loss but that won't hold them back!  There are a couple of boys on the  Western Yell team who aren't fit to walk out on the floor--nasty attitudes, nasty mouths--jumping up in the refs faces and just plain play very ugly, dirty ball.  It won't get them a win again!

bighurt411

How do the WYC girls look this year? We play them Monday in the Yell County Tournament.

CincyGuyintheFort

I have only seen Hartford so far this year, but they will deff be in contention. That have some shooters on that team

MICHAELSPAPPY

Magazine's girl lost a close one to Hackett tonight. They looked night-and-day better than they did before the break, and they were missing one of their key post players.

groundgame

Westside boys beat union 78 57

HorseFeathers

Boys
Decatur mercy ruled Hackett

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on January 06, 2015, 09:39:42 pm
Magazine's girl lost a close one to Hackett tonight. They looked night-and-day better than they did before the break, and they were missing one of their key post players.

Magazine is slowly developing a pretty good post crew. Two of them are fairly rough at this point, but very good athletes, and they are coming along.

groundgame

Westside boys beat mt burg 74 59

MICHAELSPAPPY

Magazine boys won big at home against UCA tonight. I think it was their first win of the year? They actually looked pretty good. Getting some kinks ironed out. Considerable upside if they stay on course.

Madmax

Eureka Springs and Decatur are both undefeated in conference play (Eureka 6-0, Decatur 5-0), and meet this Friday.  Eureka definitely has more talent across the board, but Decatur has almost a one man team in Mario Urquidi, and he gave Eureka Springs fits last year. Should be a good game, and the winner definitely gets a leg up on the conference championship.

CincyGuyintheFort

I like Decatur in this one, I'd this Urquidi kid is as good as advertised(how good is he really?) then these are the games he should be able to easily takeover. I am calling it Decatur 62 Eureka Springs 61

JustaFan

Can someone update the conference standings for both the boys and girls?

Sport718

Girls
1-Westside
2-Hackett
3-Mountainburg
4-Magazine
5-8?

groundgame

Westside Boys beat Magazine 60-39
Boys Standings
Decatur 6-0
E. Springs 6-1
Westside 4-2
Hackett 3-2
Union  2-4
Mt. Burg 1-5
Hartford 1-5
Magazine 1-5

MICHAELSPAPPY

Two good games at Magazine tonight vs. Decatur. Rattler girls continue to improve and do not be surprised if they are a force to be reckoned with by tournament time. Magazine boys lost a close one to Decatur, despite being pretty well outclassed in talent. If they can cut down on mental mistakes and sloppy play by their ball handlers, they could make a little noise as the season goes on.

sports03

Westside boys beat Eureka Springs last night  60 to 53

groundgame

Boys Standings

Decatur       7-0
Westside     5-2
E Springs    5-2
Hackett      4-2
Union         2-5
Mt Burg      2-5
Hartford     1-6
Magazine    1-6

groundgame

Westside holds the tie breaker  over E. Springs , Westside beat them by 7 E. Springs won by 4

sports03

Westside is playing some pretty decent ball.  I think they play Decatur tomorrow night.

Baseballer11

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Baseballer11 on January 22, 2015, 05:20:09 pm
Girls standings?

I think it's Westside then everyone else....I'm probably wrong though..

Cheek

Quote from: HF on January 22, 2015, 05:53:54 pm
Quote from: Baseballer11 on January 22, 2015, 05:20:09 pm
Girls standings?

I think it's Westside then everyone else....I'm probably wrong though..

I think you are right.  I watched them last year and thought they had a very good team. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

January 23, 2015, 09:06:19 pm #42 Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 08:57:09 am by MICHAELSPAPPY
Magazine vs. Eureka. Magazine's girls are VERY young (not a senior on the roster), but they continue to get better, and are close to being pretty good. They have a couple of reliable shooters, their ball handlers are getting better, and their inside game is very good. I look for them to peak at the right time this season. Anyone who saw them early in the season and thinks they are still about that good is making a mistake.

After a couple of pretty good games against Union and Decatur, Magazine's boys were hopelessly outclassed by Eureka. They really only have one reliable shooter, and make LOTS of turnovers.

CincyGuyintheFort

January 24, 2015, 03:38:46 pm #43 Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 03:44:19 pm by CincyGuyintheFort
Can somebody tell me why is it pretty apparent that there are no for real good 2a teams in hoops or football(I'm willing to bet baseball too)"out here in Western Arkansas ? So i guess that's basically the 4-2A. How long has it been like this? Where that conference is so down on the state competitiveness level. Cuz dang, There are quite a few 2a schools here in the Fort Smith area and i wish they were worth going n watching more often . Cuz I've been to Hartford & Mountainburg & Union Christian and the people I talked to within the athletics dept there seem like all good genuine people. Maybe one day they'll get good....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 24, 2015, 03:38:46 pm
Can somebody tell me why is it pretty apparent that there are no for real good 2a teams in hoops or football(I'm willing to bet baseball too)"out here in Western Arkansas ? So i guess that's basically the 4-2A. How long has it been like this? Where that conference is so down on the state competitiveness level. Cuz dang, There are quite a few 2a schools here in the Fort Smith area and i wish they were worth going n watching more often . Cuz I've been to Hartford & Mountainburg & Union Christian and the people I talked to within the athletics dept there seem like all good genuine people. Maybe one day they'll get good....

Hector's softball team is pretty salty...our Boys basketball team has been down for 6 or so years..Girls basketball is on an upswing compared to how it's been. Mountainburg girls were good for about 5 years, but finally graduated all of their studs...

Football as a whole has been down in the West since 2006 when Classifications were redrawn to include the 7A...Up to that time there was only 4 classifications of football..

WPWells

Mountainburg girls played for state last year

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 24, 2015, 04:20:03 pm
Mountainburg girls played for state last year

Made the semi's the 2 or 3 years prior to that as well...

CincyGuyintheFort

Quote from: HF on January 24, 2015, 04:00:53 pm
Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 24, 2015, 03:38:46 pm

Hector's softball team is pretty salty...our Boys basketball team has been down for 6 or so years..Girls basketball is on an upswing compared to how it's been. Mountainburg girls were good for about 5 years, but finally graduated all of their studs...

Football as a whole has been down in the West since 2006 when Classifications were redrawn to include the 7A...Up to that time there was only 4 classifications of football..

Wow , so in one year they added 3 classes of football? That's kinda crazy. As soon as I got here and saw there were 7 classes I was like huh? That makes things watered down, there should be 5 at the most, if not 4. I mean there's what ,3 million people? 325ish high schools here in Arkansas? Heck ip in Ohio we just went from 6 to 7 divisions two years ago, and that's 13million and 750ish schools.

And if the AAA ever were to change it at all but wanna keep 7 classes, what they shud do is keep the 7a almost as is. Just expand to the biggest 20-24 instead of 16. But from 6a down it shud be equally split between the other 300 or so. 50 in each class. Make for better competition I think

WPWells

The only issue you run into there is the non-football schools

CincyGuyintheFort

Ok here is my proposal....

In everything but football, you do what I said. 7a is the top 24 then the remaining 6 classes are divided equally.

Now for football, id first for the sake of less confusion, use divisions and not classes. So you'd have 1a thru 7a, but for football make it division 1-5. Yes only 5. I wud make division 1 the top 24 and division 2 the next 24.
Now. I wud implement a 8man division that is open to any school with an enrollment under X amount, roughly like 175-200, somewhere in there. And that wud be division 5. And division 3 and 4 wud be split evenly among the remaining schools.
And I wud reclass every 4 years and also have a system in place that can elevate and lower super dominant and super crappy teams regardless of class. So a team like Junction City in football wud be moved up a class and I  return a really bad team for multiple years dropped down

I think this wud create a lot better quality of competition. Especially come playoff time. There were a whole lotta football playoff games this year that were blowouts, in all rounds too. That wud end under this proposal for the most part.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas