• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Girls Preseason Top 10

Started by JJYahoo, October 06, 2014, 10:21:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Carlisle got beat last night, so they will drop out.

BrianfromCarlisle

Kinda figured that was gonna happen at Brinkley.  I think the girls were all coming down with the flu at the same time.  Lol. Better to lose now then later. 

ridgerunner14

January 21, 2015, 05:48:48 pm #52 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:25:04 pm by ridgerunner14
i

Cheek

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on January 21, 2015, 04:57:37 pm
Kinda figured that was gonna happen at Brinkley.  I think the girls were all coming down with the flu at the same time.  Lol. Better to lose now then later.

This has been the same concern with England.  We have had some starters who were feeling bad, but could play.  It would be easy to lose a game if two of your best players were out with the flu. We have been averaging about 60 to 75 students out a day at the High School.  This is almost 1/5 of our enrollment.

MomaLion

The thing is that every school is dealing with this...it's just the luck of the draw if those affected are athletes. They need to stay home if they are sick or risk infecting the whole team...also, fever isn't the indicator this year of being infectious. This year's flu isn't causing high fever like what we are used to.  And before anyone feels a smart butt comment coming on, this is what I do for a living so yes I'm in the know.

RedWolf275

Tuckerman girls are a very solid team. However, they won't be a shoe in against 2a-3 #3 or #4.

NoPlace2

RidgeRunner14 - I don't see where anyone has suggested or ranked Salem's Girls in top 5 but as far as looking weak - they've beaten Walnut Ridge twice 49-31@WR & 62-38@Salem and Pangburn twice 68-39@Salem & 57-45@Pangburn. Not too sure I'd consider that weak. They did lose to Tucker at home 43-34 and will play them next week @Tuckerman. Salem Girls are 9-1 in Conf.

hogfan32

Interesting about Parkers Chapel. I know they usually have a good girls team year in and year out!

ridgerunner14

January 21, 2015, 09:18:51 pm #58 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:23:57 pm by ridgerunner14
f

ridgerunner14

January 21, 2015, 09:30:33 pm #59 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:23:26 pm by ridgerunner14
j

NoPlace2

should prob just go home and call it a season then huh!

ridgerunner14

January 22, 2015, 12:39:50 am #61 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:22:30 pm by ridgerunner14
j

NoPlace2

I understand - Yeah I'm just frustrated with Salem's boys - my son is a starter after riding the bench last year because they were Senior top heavy - he works real hard at this game and they just can't seem to play to his strengths - if you see them again keep your eye on him - #23 - He's a Junior this yr

The girls are real scrappy and well coached -shooting of late is poor after not being too bad earlier in season. I do agree that we are the weaker conf in our region - both boys & girls.

jbtiger73

BrianfromCarlisle

Sick for sure.  I do know that 3 of the boys are now out for tomorrow.  I'm hoping the girls are all better.  But I don't know for sure.

jbtiger73

well, my apologies if they were. but im still glad for the win for those young ladies. they lost a lot from last season, and are on a winning streak of 4 games now.

jbtiger73

and the all state point guard from last year moved to Bryant, and our other starting guard moved to Wynne. along with 3 starters that graduated. so the entire starting 5 disappeared. not one SR. on this year's team. and a new young coach.

WPWells

New young coach from Charleston!

Bildo

Not one Sr. starting for Carlisle either. Started 3 sophomores, 1 junior and 1 freshman Tuesday against Brinkley. The future looks bright for both programs.

BrianfromCarlisle

No worries JB.  Hazen was so bad last week that they thought about shutting down Thursday to have a 4 day break.  100+ out.   It's crazy

BrianfromCarlisle

And yes, Carlisle has a very bright future. There is some good talent in JR. High as well. 

hogfan32

Spring Hill girls take on a very talented 3A Genoa Central team this afternoon in the Southwest Arkansas Tourny in Bradley. Should be a interesting one!

MomaLion

Clarendon girls had finally started playing some good ball and then just didn't show up at the PW game Tues...I don't know what was up with them but they were totally off.  Hopefully they get it together for Brinkley tomorrow.

redrider30

Who won the Spring Hill vs. Genoa Central game?

ridgerunner14

January 23, 2015, 07:57:49 pm #74 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:19:51 pm by ridgerunner14
g

NoPlace2

Girls - Tuckerman & Refs 55-40
Boys - Tuckerman & Refs 59-47

hogfan32

GC 63 SH 58. Spring Hill's best player struggled with foul trouble and played maybe a combined total of 1:30 in the second half. SH point guard is out also with shoulder injury. SH has NO BENCH players what so ever.

dawgs

Was at the Tuckerman/Salem game last night.  Not sure how Refs are hired but there has been some bad games as far as officiating goes.  Tuckerman is far superior in the Sr girls its not even close.  The bench is deeper and they just wore Salem down.  Honestly I think they was up 9 at end of the first quarter of this game, it was never even close.

ridgerunner14

January 26, 2015, 09:30:24 pm #78 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:17:21 pm by ridgerunner14
y

hogfan32

What two teams beat marmaduke?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: hogfan32 on January 28, 2015, 09:53:32 am
What two teams beat marmaduke?

I know Marked Tree was one. I heard the Coach got made & benched 1st 7 or 8 players. 

BoxNOne

Pocahontas beat them around first of December.

redrider30

January 28, 2015, 06:26:59 pm #82 Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 06:28:55 pm by redrider30
Marmaduke's last two games were against the 2nd place team at the time in the 2A-3. Both were 44 point wins against pretty good teams. That after they lost all conference starter to ACL injury a few weeks ago. Starters only played about 12-15 minutes of each game.

RedWolf275

redrider30

RedWolf275

I hate those injuries. Very hard on the player to have your season end in a heartbeat. Seems like girls have more knee injuries.

BoxNOne

If anybody can overcome injuries, it would be Marmaduke. Their bench is very deep. No doubt in my mind that they are the team to beat in 2A girls.

birddawg1986

I hate to hear about Coach Richey's daughter. She is a battler in the paint. I don think Marmaduke will have any problems in district or regional. Seems like they are clicking on all cylinders like they normally do this time of year. That Lady Hound program is hard to beat in 2A.

hogfan32

was she one of the better players? besides the Bopp girl. Shes a beast.

redrider30

If your are a starter and all conference player on the #1 team in the state I would say you are a better player than most. Shouldn't compare kids to Bopp not fair to most anybody from anywhere comparing them to her.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas