• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-6 Basketball

Started by JJYahoo, September 17, 2014, 10:17:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MomaLion

That is correct 84...congrats to the Tigers, girls win is impressive.

jbtiger73

I definitely wasn't expecting that one momma

Lions84

MomaLion

Clarendon's Jr girls defeated Stuttgart tonight and the Jr boys lost in the last seconds...congrats to both teams since Stuttgart pretty much dominated every team except Sr boys the last time they played earlier this season.
Tomorrow we face Brinkley in Clarendon.

Lions84

MomaLion

Clarendon Sr boys 61 Brinkley 37
Sr girls Clarendon 30 Brinkley 34
Clarendon Jr boys won by a lot.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des Arc won all 3 games versus p-w.

jbtiger73

Brinkley Girls are HOT right now. have won 5 straight I believe

MomaLion

No offense jb but I wasn't incredibly impressed. We aren't great and we hung in with them. And#15 has a real attitude.

jbtiger73

Like I told yall last year with our girls. Sometimes its okay to have an attitude of sorts. Winning 5 in a row especially since one of them was against Carlisle, thats very impressive

MomaLion

I beg to differ. An attitude like that isn't a good thing and y'all were very lucky your boys coach didn't get ejected...I've never seen a ref that ticked off..the sad thing is that that particular ref had been calling for Brinkley lol. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything was unfair, just that he had been calling in favor of Brinkley...good or bad calls is debatable.

brown2010

moma u mc crory Monday night

MomaLion

Is the rescheduled game in McCrory Monday?

brown2010

MomaLion

Are they playing 3 or 4 games?  Start at 5? I think I can make it  :)

jbtiger73

but honestly, Y'all said the same thing about our girls last season. but they still went to the semis. its not like they were out there throwing blows or picking fights. maybe people wont admit it on here, but no one wants a team full of goodie two shoes. I know some of those Clarendon girls aren't angels either. im just saying. nothing against you momalion. even out football team had somewhat of an attitude this year. nothing like we've seen in years. and look where it got us. 3rd round of the playoffs as a 4 seed. we played through a lot of adversity, like injuries and suspensions. im not saying our girls are going to do anything in regionals and/or state. but from what all we lost from a season ago, with 0 seniors on this year's team and 5 new starters, this winning streak that those ladies on is very, very unexpected, but shows how hard they work as well.

MomaLion

January 26, 2015, 09:18:34 am #266 Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:21:01 am by MomaLion
Ok, however you choose to excuse it lol.
Honestly, the team as a whole was not bad attitude wise, just the one girl. If one of our kids mouthed at their coach like that they would have been benched.

jbtiger73

well see, you didn't say that. that's just out of line. but he is a very young guy, and the coach they had last year wouldn't have stood for that. and im not trying to excuse it. lol. its just that we teach them that's its us against the world. and that's how they take everything. you seen how it was for us during football season. Y'all got way more respect from fearless Friday, ADG, and other outlets, mainly because of coach Thrash's influence and popularity. and we didn't get crap, and we made it pretty far as a 4 seed. I got talked about so bad on here, and they were bad mouthing my guys for having "bad attitudes" in their opinion. so that's just the way we do things. but I can honestly say that Clarendon doesn't get any respect in basketball here in central Arkansas. they still talk about McClellan, Mills, and Sylvan Hills all the time. and they were in the tournament that yall won down in PB. McClellan is supposed to have two D1 college prospects. and not one peep has been said about Clarendon. I read news papers and listen enough to Arkansas sports radio shows to know all this.

jbtiger73

Ray Tucker from the Arkansas Wings is always on Drive Time sports. and I listen almost everyday, and haven't head a thing about Clarendon. but he, and others that call in, all they talk about outside of LR is Malik Monk, and Jonesboro. and that's just because their coach, Wes Swift, is a coach for one of the Wings teams. if it aint about Parkview of Hall, it aint about crap to them.

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: jbtiger73 on January 26, 2015, 08:28:19 am
but honestly, Y'all said the same thing about our girls last season. but they still went to the semis. its not like they were out there throwing blows or picking fights. maybe people wont admit it on here, but no one wants a team full of goodie two shoes. I know some of those Clarendon girls aren't angels either. im just saying. nothing against you momalion. even out football team had somewhat of an attitude this year. nothing like we've seen in years. and look where it got us. 3rd round of the playoffs as a 4 seed. we played through a lot of adversity, like injuries and suspensions. im not saying our girls are going to do anything in regionals and/or state. but from what all we lost from a season ago, with 0 seniors on this year's team and 5 new starters, this winning streak that those ladies on is very, very unexpected, but shows how hard they work as well.
I know I was one talking about the attitudes last year.  And I did so because it was totally warranted.  They did have talent, no doubt about it.  But when the entire team waits around to try to jump a girl after the boys game, that is a little much. Luckily for everyone, the cops were there to stop it before it started.  Fact of the matter is, no one had control of those girls last year.  If they had, then they really could've done something.  I did notice this year in Carlisle, that the attitudes were nonexistant.  Which is a good thing. 

jbtiger73

im not saying that's acceptable, but I was referring to simple bumps and words. yea, our girls talked a lot of crap last year, and backed it up too. and to everyone that was in attendance at the semis in Hampton last year, believed they should have been in the title game. the wanting to fight thing, I personally don't condone that. but something as simple as words, they had the motto last year. "if you want to shut us up, then beat us". that's no kidding, they actually had that motto. And yall did in the first meeting last year. they shut up worked hard, got back to winning. the second meeting in which we won, they continued to do what they normally do. and didn't lose a game until the state semis. Us against the world. no matter what anyone says. but Brian, you're still my guy though. you and ole Ventman. ;D

BrianfromCarlisle

LOL. 
"YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!!"

MomaLion

Except the one girl they had overall better attitudes.

MomaLion

JB, we are always gonna be the undesirables of the district...Clarendon/Holly Grove and Brinkley...but that's ok because they tend to overlook us ;D

Lions84

Go Big RED and beat the Jags.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: jbtiger73 on January 26, 2015, 10:27:18 am
Ray Tucker from the Arkansas Wings is always on Drive Time sports. and I listen almost everyday, and haven't head a thing about Clarendon. but he, and others that call in, all they talk about outside of LR is Malik Monk, and Jonesboro. and that's just because their coach, Wes Swift, is a coach for one of the Wings teams. if it aint about Parkview of Hall, it aint about crap to them.

JB, that would be Ron Crawford, not Ray Tucker. Crawford is the wings big wig.

MomaLion

Clarendon had a clean sweep tonight in McCrory..Jr and Sr boys and Sr girls.
Nice to meet you Brown :)

Lions84

Quote from: MomaLion on January 26, 2015, 10:16:09 pm
Clarendon had a clean sweep tonight in McCrory..Jr and Sr boys and Sr girls.
Nice to meet you Brown :)

Way to Go Lions .

MomaLion

We play in Carlisle tonight.

jbtiger73

you're right. it is Ron Crawford. also, Bill Ingram from the Arkansas Hawks, really doesn't mention lower classification hoops either. he's always on 93.3 with Wes Moore, and former hog, Michael Smith. im always tempted to call in and let them know. but cant ever get through. high call volume during the mid-day for some reason.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: jbtiger73 on January 27, 2015, 02:21:00 pm
you're right. it is Ron Crawford. also, Bill Ingram from the Arkansas Hawks, really doesn't mention lower classification hoops either. he's always on 93.3 with Wes Moore, and former hog, Michael Smith. im always tempted to call in and let them know. but cant ever get through. high call volume during the mid-day for some reason.

Well, I'm going to have to say, if not for the Hawks, my nephew would not be attending UAPB on a basketball scholarship. Because the one high school coach he had that was even half way decent, got ran out of town. Then there was a couple bozos that probably actually hurt his recruitment.

On a side note, he has had back to back nice games scoring 12 and 13 points and grabbing 5 and 8 rebounds, both wins by the Golden Lions.

MomaLion

Sr boys...Clarendon 43 Carlisle 19 @ half.

MomaLion

Final...Sr boys
Clarendon 66
Carlisle 42
Sr girls, Carlisle won by about 10 or so.

BrianfromCarlisle

We were sitting up top at booster club table. Our girls played horrible.  I absolutely LOVE the way coach Perry took control. He made those girls shake our girls hand.  I don't know what happened, but he made sure it was done right. Then he got the boys butts during high school game for something.  He is all class. And coach Kendrick Hudson  is top notch.

MomaLion

I don't know what that was all about either but I'm very thankful that we have coaches that are instilling good values in the kids. I saw coach Perry getting on the boys as well but didn't see why...I'm sure they said something negative about a call. I keep saying our coaches don't play about stuff like that. Not long ago a starter didn't play much of a game and when he did play he was only allowed to assist, not score...the reason, he had lunch detention. I thought that was very imaginative since he's a top scorer lol.
Y'alls girls didn't play as well as the last time we met but got the job done :-)

MomaLion

Does anyone have any idea how the Jr teams are ranked?  Our Jr boys are undefeated in conference and Jr girls have only lost 2 I believe...to Carlisle and I think Hazen.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on January 28, 2015, 05:19:40 am
Does anyone have any idea how the Jr teams are ranked?  Our Jr boys are undefeated in conference and Jr girls have only lost 2 I believe...to Carlisle and I think Hazen.

Based on this information, I would say your boys are 1st and your girls are 2nd or 3rd.  It depends on who won between Hazen and Carlisle.   

Lions84

Good wins for the Lions and Good Job by the Coaches.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on January 28, 2015, 07:45:20 am
Quote from: MomaLion on January 28, 2015, 05:19:40 am
That's what I was thinking but I don't have info on the other teams...since they only play one game per team that's how it should play out.
Based on this information, I would say your boys are 1st and your girls are 2nd or 3rd.  It depends on who won between Hazen and Carlisle.

jbtiger73

Our girls have to be up there as well. its on big mess on the girl's side. except fro Carlisle, who is clearly the #1 with only one conf. loss. while everyone else is beating up on each other. kinda reminds me of a low budget SEC basketball conf. from this season. lol

Bildo

There are a few girls teams that I believe are going to make some noise in the conference tournament. Just because Carlisle is in first, doesn't mean that a team like Brinkley, Des Arc, Clarendon or Hazen could take it. Everyone is getting better.

BrianfromCarlisle

It's my understanding that des arc girls went to Brinkley and pulled one out.

Lions84

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on January 29, 2015, 11:35:21 am
It's my understanding that des arc girls went to Brinkley and pulled one out.

They are going to beat Carlisle tomorrow night.  ;D

Especially after y'all made it a racial thing. We are having "white out night" and y'all are having "black out." lol

JJYahoo

Des Arc did squeak out a 7 point victory at Brinkley.  The problem is that Brinkley's best shooter who hit 6 3's and had 21 points against Carlisle moved 2 days after they beat Carlisle.  The score of that Brinkely/DA game was 9-5 at halftime.  Des Arc still needs help to catch Carlisle for that one seed.  Carlisle has a two game lead which means DA could end up with Hazen at Hazen in the semis of the district tournament.   I am predicting a heck of a game on Friday with Carlisle girls vs. Des Arc.  It is going to be a close one...I wish I could go watch it.

Bildo

It seems to always be tough between these two programs in whatever they play. I hear DA is down a starter, Carlisle has lost one for the season to injury also

BrianfromCarlisle

does anyone have the complete standings for the boys and girls?

BrianfromCarlisle

And is district still going to be at Hazen with all of the construction?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on January 29, 2015, 01:55:39 pm
And is district still going to be at Hazen with all of the construction?

I just saw a schedule that said, @ Hazen (subject to change)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bildo on January 29, 2015, 01:40:43 pm
It seems to always be tough between these two programs in whatever they play. I hear DA is down a starter, Carlisle has lost one for the season to injury also

Who is down for des arc?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas