• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-6 Basketball

Started by JJYahoo, September 17, 2014, 10:17:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MomaLion

Pick did y'all graduate the really good shooter? I forget the name.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on December 14, 2014, 12:26:48 am
Pick did y'all graduate the really good shooter? I forget the name.

Yea, d. Spencer was his name. He signed with central baptist college in Conway. His little brother is on the d.a. team this year. He is supposed to be our best player.

MomaLion

I will watch for him...I think we play y'all Friday.

BrianfromCarlisle

Carlisle won jr sr girls and sr boys Against Des Arc

MomaLion

We need some good games, we have the Pine Bluff tourny coming up after Christmas and it's a tough one.

MomaLion

I got my days mixed up again lol..apparently we played Augusta Monday night and both boys teams won Sr girls lost. We play Des Arc Thursday.

Lions84

6-2a_wizard

Hazen is going to state with the round ball to with #0 Colby Rollins at post

MomaLion

Good luck with that.  This isn't football, you WILL have local competition.

purpleswag

Quote from: 6-2a_wizard on December 16, 2014, 10:02:26 pm

Not likely. I'm just being realistic

JJYahoo

I hear that Des Arc girls beat McCrory...that would put Carlisle girls in first place at 5-0 I believe.  What kind of standings are we looking at right now?

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: 6-2a_wizard on December 16, 2014, 10:02:26 pm
I see you have already switched positions from point guard to post.  That sounds like a better position for you just from a size standpoint.

MomaLion

I don't have scores but I know that Clarendon Sr boys beat Des Arc last night...Des Arc Sr girls won and Clarendon Jr girls won.

Lions84

MomaLion

Our next game is on the 20th against McClellan in the PB tourny.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on December 22, 2014, 11:34:33 pm
Our next game is on the 20th against McClellan in the PB tourny.

Well yall either missed that game or you're off for almost a month, since today is the 22nd. 😱

MomaLion

lol sorry, i'm sleep deprived...it's on the 30th.

BigLion10

Girls
England 56
Des Arc 24
First round of lonoke tourney

keohog

December 27, 2014, 08:31:06 pm #118 Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 08:41:09 pm by keohog
Quote from: BigLion10 on December 27, 2014, 05:50:37 pm
Girls
England 56
Des Arc 24
First round of lonoke tourney
eSteam Girls beat Carlisle by about 20 , Watson Chapel  beat Carlisle Boys by 60+

BigLion10

Watson chapel boys beat carlisle 86 22

jbtiger73

Brinkley boys defeated Batesville today at the Payton Chevrolet classic in Heber Springs. Dont know the exact score though

BoxNOne

What class is Watson Chapel

BigLion10

keohog

Carlisle girls and boys both won in Lonoke today.

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on December 29, 2014, 06:45:33 pm
Brinkley boys defeated Batesville today at the Payton Chevrolet classic in Heber Springs. Dont know the exact score though
Congrats Tigers  :)

MomaLion

Clarendon plays McClellon in Pine Bluff tourny tomorrow at 4:15...all games of this tourny can be viewed at
http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/pine-bluff-high-school-pine-bluff-ar

jbtiger73

Quote from: keohog on December 29, 2014, 07:57:45 pm
Carlisle girls and boys both won in Lonoke today.
Not to sound surprised, but Carlisle boys actually beat Lonoke's boys?

BrianfromCarlisle

No.  They beat bald knob in the tournament

jbtiger73

aww okay. and that score for the Brinkley vs. Batesville game was 64-36, Brinkley won yesterday afternoon

MomaLion

Clarendon defeated McClellan 77-69 in the first round of the Pine Bluff tournament...we play Dollarway Friday.

BigLion10

Great win for the red lions moma good luck friday

MomaLion

Thank you and to y'all as well  :)

BoxNOne

Very good win for Clarendon. I love smaller schools beating the big guys. It is becoming clear to me that Clarendon and Junction City are the 2A teams to beat this year.

MomaLion

As long as they keep their heads on straight..we had 2 starters that didn't start because of discipline issues..coach Hudson doesn't play, he benched Ro last year during the Dewitt tourney and gave us our only season loss. If the screw up in school or out they are benched. One starter didn't even dress out at our last conference game because of something that happened out of school.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on December 31, 2014, 08:02:00 am
As long as they keep their heads on straight..we had 2 starters that didn't start because of discipline issues..coach Hudson doesn't play, he benched Ro last year during the Dewitt tourney and gave us our only season loss. If the screw up in school or out they are benched. One starter didn't even dress out at our last conference game because of something that happened out of school.

Still can't let it go.  Clarendon got beaten by England last year because England had a better team.  Let me guess, Clarendon lost their last  conference game because the starter was missing.  I guess we lost to Watson Chapel because our starting center's niece dropped a bottle on his pinky toe, or the point guard had a splinter in his index finger on his shooting hand.   The fact is they put more balls in the basket then we did, and won.     

jbtiger73

Brinkley lost to Heber Springs last night by 1 in OT. thanks Heber Refs!!!! ::)

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on December 31, 2014, 12:47:22 pm

Still can't let it go.  Clarendon got beaten by England last year because England had a better team.  Let me guess, Clarendon lost their last  conference game because the starter was missing.  I guess we lost to Watson Chapel because our starting center's niece dropped a bottle on his pinky toe, or the point guard had a splinter in his index finger on his shooting hand.   The fact is they put more balls in the basket then we did, and won.   
It sounds like you're the one who can't let it go lol...what I said was that Coach Hudson doesn't play with discipline issues...didn't even mention England by name...and Clarendon hasn't lost a conference game in about 2 years so you would be wrong there as well. Having a starter out is a significant disadvantage but you keep riding on that win over a year later lol...that's just sad.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on December 31, 2014, 03:18:15 pm
Quote from: Cheek on December 31, 2014, 12:47:22 pm

It sounds like you're the one who can't let it go lol...what I said was that Coach Hudson doesn't play with discipline issues...didn't even mention England by name...and Clarendon hasn't lost a conference game in about 2 years so you would be wrong there as well. Having a starter out is a significant disadvantage but you keep riding on that win over a year later lol...that's just sad.

How is that sad.  I think you are the one who keeps bringing it up. 

Cheek

Has Clarendon played Kipp Delta this year?

mychal6419

Cheek,  yes they played Dec 6th
Kipp Delta  58
Clarendon  79

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on December 31, 2014, 04:02:51 pm
Has Clarendon played Kipp Delta this year?
Yep, beat them in Dewitt tourney.

MomaLion

We also played Stuttgart twice beating them by 30 plus each time and playing all our subs.

BigLion10

We played stuttgart last night won by 14 had a 20 point lead with 2 minutes left put our subs in

MomaLion

We beat them by 31 the first time and 42 the second...sorry, that was a jab at Cheek...you see we have a love/hate relationship lol...more the latter.  I respect most England posters though  :)

mtindian42

them kippsters are hard to beat in Helena. did yawl play them at there place are yawls?

BigLion10

I know yall be there in the end moma I figure the title runs through yall junction and Earle based off what I've seen so far we still have a long way to go

Cheek

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 01, 2015, 12:53:25 am
I know yall be there in the end moma I figure the title runs through yall junction and Earle based off what I've seen so far we still have a long way to go

I would also add EPC.   They won the NEA, and appear to be playing really good now after a troubled start.

MomaLion

Quote from: mtindian42 on January 01, 2015, 12:43:19 am
them kippsters are hard to beat in Helena. did yawl play them at there place are yawls?
Actual we played on a neutral court in the Dewitt tourney. We will be going there soon I'm sure.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on January 01, 2015, 09:47:42 am
Quote from: BigLion10 on January 01, 2015, 12:53:25 am

I would also add EPC.   They won the NEA, and appear to be playing really good now after a troubled start.
I agree with this...EPC had a big win over Bay and seems to be clicking.

ProudMary

JC will win it all! After beating the big boys in the tournament, I can't see anyone beating us. Going for a sweep on State champs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas