• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

De Queen soccer for the 2017 season

Started by Arkansas8, August 26, 2016, 11:28:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkansas8

What are yalls thoughts since the upset in the semi's

The Coach

They got beat by a better team. Wasn't an upset at all.

Arkansas8

they didnt get beat by a better team just the mistakes they did that day hurt them alot.

mijally

You were gifted a state title the year before.  You haven't been the best 5a team in the 5A in 3 years.

The Coach

Quote from: Arkansas8 on August 30, 2016, 08:46:58 am
they didnt get beat by a better team just the mistakes they did that day hurt them alot.

Def got beat by a better team. It's ok to admit it cause it happens sometimes.

Sir Alex

Quote from: Arkansas8 on August 30, 2016, 08:46:58 am

???

Arkansas8

Then who has??? Mistakes is what killed De Queen in most of their loses!!! And don't be saying its maumelle cause from what i saw didnt they lose to lakeside in the second round ;) De Queen will come back stronger and better just wait for the season yall will not know whats coming ;)

The Coach

Quote from: Arkansas8 on September 01, 2016, 11:03:27 am
Then who has??? Mistakes is what killed De Queen in most of their loses!!! And don't be saying its maumelle cause from what i saw didnt they lose to lakeside in the second round ;) De Queen will come back stronger and better just wait for the season yall will not know whats coming ;)

::)

Jdhelbig

Quote from: mijally on August 30, 2016, 08:39:58 pm
You were gifted a state title the year before.  You haven't been the best 5a team in the 5A in 3 years.

So when DeQueen won 2 state titles back to back in the 5A they weren't the best team in all of 5A? That's quite a bold statement considering they didn't just have one "fluke" year, but instead went back to back. :-[ ???

mijally

That was 3 years ago like I said.  Two years ago you got the "once in a lifetime" dangerous play hookup call from your homey for a 4 yard gimme.

Jdhelbig

So DeQueen wasn't the best team when they won back to back State Championships in the 5A?

mijally

Not your 2nd title. Maumelle was better but you had a 12th Leopard on the field. A hybrid with a yellow body and black stripes instead of black spots.

MDXPHD

I'm sure your mistakes were never caused by the other team.

mijally

I hope we get a chance to play Dequeen. We are 0-2 but it's a new year. I have a lot of respect for the team and program.  They play good clean soccer year in and out.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Arkansas8 on September 01, 2016, 11:03:27 am

You started a thread asking for opinions.  If you want to have a DQ soccer booster club party, then have one.  On this forum you will get differing opinions.
;D ;D ;D

BTW, mistakes generally are the key to every team's "loses".  Usually the better team makes less of them.

Jdhelbig

Getting back to the original topic, what do you think about the upcoming season for the DeQueen Leopards?

Comments, opinions, and "way too early" predictions?

Jdhelbig

Now that the season is almost here, what are some thoughts on the upcoming year for the DeQueen Leopards?

Jdhelbig

DeQueen Leopards Soccer Boys in Cabot scrimmage games on 2/23:
DeQueen 0
Cabot 0

DeQueen 1
Hamburg 0

ClarksvilleFutbol

Saw that Sloan got the Head Coach position for DeQueen HS Football. Will this cause any changes with DQ's soccer staff, or will he continue to be HC after this season?

ARSoccer25

They started a lot of younger guys last year I believe. I am sure they will be stout again this year.

Jdhelbig

After week one, here are some scores for the Varsity Boys:

Win -   DeQueen 5 - 1 Mena
Loss - DeQueen 1 - 3 Southside
Win   - DeQueen 2 - 1 Fayetteville
Loss - DeQueen 0 - 1 Bentonville West

Any thoughts or insight after the first week and what are your predictions as the season moves on? Toughest opponents? Biggest rivalries this year? Etc.

mijally

Quote from: Jdhelbig on March 05, 2017, 01:54:12 pm
After week one, here are some scores for the Varsity Boys:

Win -   DeQueen 5 - 1 Mena
Loss - DeQueen 1 - 3 Southside
Win   - DeQueen 2 - 1 Fayetteville
Loss - DeQueen 0 - 1 Bentonville West

Any thoughts or insight after the first week and what are your predictions as the season moves on? Toughest opponents? Biggest rivalries this year? Etc.
I saw the 2nd half of your game with SS and the whole Fayetteville game this weekend in Ft Smith.  You guys got another good team this year.

Jdhelbig

How were they playing? Who is going to be their competition in the 5A?

Jdhelbig

According to the boys rankings on Maxpreps, the #1 team in the state (#22 in the country) Hot Springs, takes on the #22 team in the state DeQueen tonight. This match-up has grown into a rivalry in the 5A Boys South the last couple of years and recently had some amazing games played between the two. It looks like another one is in store for tonight in Hot Springs at 7 p.m.

I believe DeQueen has a great chance to upset Hot Springs tonight. I know, it's weird having DeQueen as an underdog to anyone in the 5A :o

Any other thoughts and/or predictions on this game?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas