• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alma at PA

Started by PA Dad, November 02, 2018, 10:39:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

P.F.G.

Quote from: HeberFan on November 08, 2018, 01:44:28 pm
Most schools 4A and bigger have separate coaches for boys and girls soccer teams.

Gotcha, yea he is building both programs from scratch at Alma.

MDXPHD

Quote from: HeberFan on November 08, 2018, 01:44:28 pm
Most schools 4A and bigger have separate coaches for boys and girls soccer teams.

Looks like you guys will be in a fun conference.

Go Postal

November 08, 2018, 02:53:38 pm #52 Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 03:12:40 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: P.F.G. on November 08, 2018, 01:28:49 pm
Do coaches normally coach both girls and boys? Like HC?
Coach Pratt of Harrison does.  It's why we have those 12 State champ and 3 State runner-up trophies.  I'm not sure but I think the guy from Wales that coaches PA girls also does the boys team.  They have 9 State champs and a bunch of State runner-up trophies.

HeberFan

I have loads of trophies.... buy those things on E-Bay!   :o)

JessieP

Quote from: HeberFan on November 08, 2018, 02:55:20 pm
I have loads of trophies.... buy those things on E-Bay!   :o)

Look up Super Bowl Rings on Ebay. Plenty of them for sale.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Go Postal on November 08, 2018, 02:53:38 pm
Coach Pratt of Harrison does.  It's why we have those 12 State champ and 3 State runner-up trophies.  I'm not sure but I think the guy from Wales that coaches PA girls also does the boys team.  They have 9 State champs and a bunch of State runner-up trophies.

The PA soccer coaches are brothers.  They help each other out when necessary.

JessieP

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 08, 2018, 07:12:03 pm
The PA soccer coaches are brothers.  They help each other out when necessary.

Are they brothers like both Sigma Chi brothers or same Mom brothers.

RD™

Dear Alma,

Accept the fate. Don't injure Hudson Henry.

Signed,
Razorback Football's Future

JessieP

Quote from: RD™ on November 08, 2018, 10:03:34 pm
Dear Alma,

Accept the fate. Don't injure Hudson Henry.

Signed,
Razorback Football's Future

We want no player ever to get injured but come on, It's gonna take a lot more than Henry to right that ship.

hogrock

Quote from: JessieP on November 08, 2018, 07:31:03 pm
:D  good one

Maynard G Krebs

Eat your spinach and bring your long johns.  Going to be a cold weather game. Safe travels to Alma

AT

Good luck, hope to beat you, but best wishes and glad to play such a great program.

aLmaairedaLes

Airedale90

Good luck tonight Airedales go out and play your hearts out I know you will all give it your best.  Best wishes to both teams and prayers for safe game for all. 

Overdahill

Go Bruins! We need your A game every week now!

Go Postal

Of course most people are probably to young to know who this is

Overdahill

Quote from: Go Postal on November 09, 2018, 04:36:09 pm

there's no need to fear ......... ;D

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Go Postal on November 09, 2018, 04:36:09 pm

There's no need to fear, Underdog is here!

Sweet Polly Purebred's paramour

hogndog

At PA in the parking lot and saw someone taking multiple pics of the Alma buses.  Why?
Gotta admit, it's kinda suspicious.

hogndog

Also, trick plays when you're up 50-14 with the clock continuously running isn't a good look. 

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: hogndog on November 09, 2018, 09:03:11 pm
At PA in the parking lot and saw someone taking multiple pics of the Alma buses.  Why?

Have no idea but as I said earlier, the alma bus fleet is impressive

High Voltage

Is it true PA put up 50 on Alma by half? Sheeeezzz Louise that's impressive.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: High Voltage on November 09, 2018, 09:45:14 pm
Is it true PA put up 50 on Alma by half? Sheeeezzz Louise that's impressive.

It's true

High Voltage

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 09, 2018, 09:52:44 pm
It's true
And then pulled off the dogs? Wow! Could of put up 100 I assume. I wish PA played up in 6A or 7A.

PA Dad

Quote from: High Voltage on November 09, 2018, 10:01:38 pm
And then pulled off the dogs? Wow! Could of put up 100 I assume. I wish PA played up in 6A or 7A.

Me too.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: JessieP on November 08, 2018, 07:31:03 pm

Same mom and dad.  ;D

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: hogndog on November 09, 2018, 09:05:41 pm
Also, trick plays when you're up 50-14 with the clock continuously running isn't a good look.

Trick plays?  How is letting a senior O-linemen run the ball a trick play?

Yellowcake

The other "trick" play was to throw a 15 yard lateral pass to a d lineman and let him throw back across the field to an o lineman, see if he can catch it and if he does, it's up to him to get 15 yards for a score. Both lineman are seniors and they try to let all the seniors score or throw for a score a TD at some point in their career. 1 in a hundred the play works, and it happened to. Another "trick" play was to pitch the ball to another senior lineman and see if he could gain 20 and score. He got 17.

It was for the seniors. It wasn't trying to run up the score. Had they wanted to run up the score, well.....

hogndog

I know PA usually doesn't do that, that's why it surprised me a little.  It just seemed to me with a minute and change left in a half where the visiting team was already demoralized by a complete whipping, that designing a play where a lineman scores is rubbing a little salt in the wound.  I mean, 57 points in the first half... wow!

But, it's just my opinion, no biggie.   And I'm sure that opinion was fueled by the fact that I had a little red rear that Alma was so obviously overmatched.  I was expecting a little better showing.

You are correct though.  The score could've been much worse had Coach Kelley not called off the dogs in the second half.  I was also thankful for the continuous clock.

Good luck going forward, but y'all probably won't need any luck.  That's a very good football team. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 10, 2018, 12:00:12 am
The other "trick" play was to throw a 15 yard lateral pass to a d lineman and let him throw back across the field to an o lineman, see if he can catch it and if he does, it's up to him to get 15 yards for a score. Both lineman are seniors and they try to let all the seniors score or throw for a score a TD at some point in their career. 1 in a hundred the play works, and it happened to. Another "trick" play was to pitch the ball to another senior lineman and see if he could gain 20 and score. He got 17.

It was for the seniors. It wasn't trying to run up the score. Had they wanted to run up the score, well.....

17... that's too close! How many seniors haven't scored?

incogneto

Quote from: hogndog on November 09, 2018, 09:03:11 pm
Highlight video

P.F.G.

Congrats to PA. Hope you guys are able to stay healthy throughout the next couple weeks.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 10, 2018, 06:58:13 am
17... that's too close! How many seniors haven't scored?

Two Sr. Linemen, one d line last week and one o line last night.  I believe three other seniors have ran plays but didn't get into the end zone. 

Yellowcake

I talked to the Alma team doc on the sidelines last night. He's been at Alma 29 years and is a good man. He said they bought I think 10 old greyhounds and refurbished them. Whenever Alma school kids go somewhere, they take those busses. 1st grade on up. He said those used busses cost less than a tricked out new yellow school bus. I think it's awesome.

The Alma fans and players were good people.

Maynard G Krebs

I've been envious of those busses for years.

P.F.G.

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 10, 2018, 09:51:17 am
I talked to the Alma team doc on the sidelines last night. He's been at Alma 29 years and is a good man. He said they bought I think 10 old greyhounds and refurbished them. Whenever Alma school kids go somewhere, they take those busses. 1st grade on up. He said those used busses cost less than a tricked out new yellow school bus. I think it's awesome.

The Alma fans and players were good people.

7th grade football takes those buses to VB. My daughter is ij the school district and they use them for any field trip. They are old and refurbished but when you have the players, band, cheer and coaching staff all rolling together on 4-5 of them it's a good feeling. Well it used to be from what I recall.

High Voltage

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 08, 2018, 10:41:46 am
Not sure if you have heard but we are a soccer school now.
I was talking with an old Alma guy last night that used to be on this board. He went to the Alma game and said that Alma was severely over matched. He also said that the years of Alma being a football power have come and gone. I find this hard to believe because when Ole Frank was there everyone, and I mean everyone had to go through Alma to be conference champs. I wish Alma would get back on top of that hill. It was fun back in those days.

Airedale90

There will have to be change in the offensive coaching areas if Alma is ever going to go anywhere
Seems to be trouble in that area they can't even get the best players on the field, waste timeouts taking forever to call plays the list goes on.  We lost a game or two with better personnel on the sidelines watching.  Going to be rough times in Alma I'm afraid unless something happens.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas