• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alma at PA

Started by PA Dad, November 02, 2018, 10:39:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

Can Alma end PA's conference winning streak?

Pr8hd

Magic 8 Ball says "Outlook Hazy"...but IMHO I would say the odds are better that Arkansas wins out  their remaining 3 games in the SEC than that happening, but I assume the game will be played no matter what we say. I don't think they have the firepower to match the Bruins.

PA Bruin Fan

PA's first team offense was not stopped once tonight.  Defense was very strong as well.  If they continue to play at this level I expect a deep run in the postseason. 

Yellowcake

With all due respect, this game will get out of hand quickly.

No telling what PA's total yards were tonight. Lots and lots I imagine.

Ponca

Airedale Insider shutdown.  ;D

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: PA Dad on November 02, 2018, 10:39:44 pm
Can Alma end PA's conference winning streak?

Maybe.....depending on how much I give the P.A. players to drink the night before.

Tell CKK I'm preparing the P.A. team meal Thursday night.

I'm bringing 10 cases of Natty Light.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on November 03, 2018, 07:06:18 am
Maybe.....depending on how much I give the P.A. players to drink the night before.

Tell CKK I'm preparing the P.A. team meal Thursday night.

I'm bringing 10 cases of Natty Light.

Don't forget to bring a Sherry.

P.F.G.

Going to be a short game on Friday. PA will roll by as much as they want to.

AT

Alma - 6
P.A. - 0

Alma gets a stop in the first half and then runs 20 minutes off the clock but run out of time to score. Alma gets the 2nd half kickoff and runs a 24 minute drive and scores as time expires. P.A. only gets one possession.

JacketFan

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 03, 2018, 09:07:36 am
Alma - 6
P.A. - 0

Alma gets a stop in the first half and then runs 20 minutes off the clock but run out of time to score. Alma gets the 2nd half kickoff and runs a 24 minute drive and scores as time expires. P.A. only gets one possession.
That is how u beat PA, control the clock

NEASPORTSFAN

South 45

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 03, 2018, 09:07:36 am
Alma - 6
P.A. - 0

If it's going to happen that's how to go about it!!!

incogneto

I remember the days when the Alma fans sounded like the Texarkana fans because they came down from the mighty 6A and thought the 5A teams would all just roll over and show thier bellies.  Those were the days because at least the Alma fans could form a paragraph in thier posts. 

Good luck next Friday on Hinson Road.  If you can stop #5 and the QB from running you have a chance.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: incogneto on November 03, 2018, 11:26:38 am
I remember the days when the Alma fans sounded like the Texarkana fans because they came down from the mighty 6A and thought the 5A teams would all just roll over and show thier bellies.  Those were the days because at least the Alma fans could form a paragraph in thier posts. 

Good luck next Friday on Hinson Road.  If you can stop #5 and the QB from running you have a chance.

I wouldn't recommend ignoring #84 either.

P.F.G.

Quote from: incogneto on November 03, 2018, 11:26:38 am

Yea, this year has been a real struggle. Proud of the kids for sticking with it and winning some games but PA has won 4 straight titles for a reason.They are the best program in the state.

incogneto

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 03, 2018, 03:49:08 pm
Yea, this year has been a real struggle. Proud of the kids for sticking with it and winning some games but PA has won 4 straight titles for a reason.They are the best program in the state.
Yeah I agree they have been the most consistent program in the last several years. Trees don't grow to the sky and history is written by the winners so good luck. 

Go Postal

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 03, 2018, 03:49:08 pm
Yea, this year has been a real struggle. Proud of the kids for sticking with it and winning some games but PA has won 4 straight titles for a reason.They are the best program in the state next to Harrison.
Fixed that for you.

High Voltage

Nobody beats PA this year, end of story. This game will be over at half!

88CityChamp

Bruins have a tough road to the trophy.  I'd take the field against them all day long.

Maynard G Krebs

Looks as PA has the most difficult bracket.  Hard to predict who will reach quarter finals. Going to be exciting for all involved. Good luck to all. 

Yellowcake

Quote from: 88CityChamp on November 05, 2018, 08:34:23 pm
Bruins have a tough road to the trophy.  I'd take the field against them all day long.

Can't argue with this at all

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 05, 2018, 10:19:14 pm

Can't argue with this at all
I would agree without hesitation if I didn't see PA play last Friday.  That was the best all-around game of the season for this group.  Defense played its usual great, but the offense played better than they ever have.  PA was not stopped on offense.  If they maintain that momentum, I think they will go deep in the playoffs. At least I hope so!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 05, 2018, 09:03:27 pm
Looks as PA has the most difficult bracket.  Hard to predict who will reach quarter finals. Going to be exciting for all involved. Good luck to all.

I would argue that all the teams on their side except PA have the most difficult bracket.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 06, 2018, 08:32:51 am
I would argue that all the teams on their side except PA have the most difficult bracket.

True

HeberFan

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 02, 2018, 10:53:31 pm
Magic 8 Ball says "Outlook Hazy"...but IMHO I would say the odds are better that Arkansas wins out  their remaining 3 games in the SEC than that happening, but I assume the game will be played no matter what we say. I don't think they have the firepower to match the Bruins.

I think PA could beat Arkansas.  :o)

Yellowcake

Quote from: HeberFan on November 06, 2018, 09:31:51 am
I think PA could beat Arkansas.  :o)

I disagree; however, the conversation is about Alma. And I think PA will beat them like a baby seal.

HeberFan

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 06, 2018, 02:15:25 pm
I disagree; however, the conversation is about Alma. And I think PA will beat them like a baby seal.

They use clubs on baby seals. Doesn't damage the fur.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: HeberFan on November 06, 2018, 02:53:36 pm
They use clubs on baby seals. Doesn't damage the fur.

What do they use on red headed stepchildren?

Airedale90

I believe Alma will have some fight in em, but PA is a really good team with a lot of skilled players.  I would love to have their OC come to Alma to teach our OC how to do something like play the right people in the right spot and to run the ball from the 3 yard line.  Rant over. PA is good and we will see how good Harisson is in a few weeks.

Freight Train

Quote from: Airedale90 on November 06, 2018, 05:24:36 pm
I believe Alma will have some fight in em, but PA is a really good team with a lot of skilled players.  I would love to have their OC come to Alma to teach our OC how to do something like play the right people in the right spot and to run the ball from the 3 yard line.  Rant over. PA is good and we will see how good Harisson is in a few weeks.

Alma definitely has fight in them or they would not be in playoffs. But PA will roll over Alma because they haven't faced an offense like PA all year. PA has multiple weapons and when they get behind on the chains they just got to #84 and he seems to bail PA out on offense.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Airedale90 on November 06, 2018, 05:24:36 pm

The PA OC is the HC. Also, PA is just as likely to throw from the 3 as they are to run it.

Yellowcake

High Voltage

Quote from: 88CityChamp on November 05, 2018, 08:34:23 pm
I'll take that bet!

High Voltage

HeberFan

Thetruth11

PA is just too dang good. If they were in any other conference in arkansas,  I believe they'd still be a favored pick to win it all.

Maynard G Krebs

incogneto

Quote from: Thetruth11 on November 07, 2018, 10:12:26 am
PA is just too dang good. If they were in any other conference in arkansas,  I believe they'd still be a favored pick to win it all.
The last few years I would agree.  However, PA is down this year compared to the last few years and they wouldn't beat NLR or Bryant this year. 

RyanLR

Quote from: Thetruth11 on November 07, 2018, 10:12:26 am
No they would get beat up in 7A, but they could probably win 6A. Greenwood and PA had some epic battles.

Maynard G Krebs

Not much from Alma posters this week.  Hopefully they will have a big travel crowd as in times past.  It is impressive when those big Alma busses pull into town.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 08, 2018, 06:31:19 am
Not much from Alma posters this week.  Hopefully they will have a big travel crowd as in times past.  It is impressive when those big Alma busses pull into town.

I heard they were already focusing on basketball.

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 08, 2018, 06:33:03 am

Someone may be putting up basketball like numbers on Friday ;)

P.F.G.

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 08, 2018, 06:33:03 am

Not sure if you have heard but we are a soccer school now.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 08, 2018, 10:41:46 am

I truly hate to hear that

MDXPHD

That's great news! I figure that's why the football program was a little sluggish this year.

Go Postal

It finally happened in Alma, but on the positive side, they hired one of the best soccer coaches in the state.

HeberFan

Warren's soccer program has improved their football program.

P.F.G.

Do coaches normally coach both girls and boys? Like HC?

HeberFan

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 08, 2018, 01:28:49 pm
Do coaches normally coach both girls and boys? Like HC?

Most schools 4A and bigger have separate coaches for boys and girls soccer teams.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas