• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congratulations 7A Girls State Champions Bentonville Lady Tigers! Def Bryant 3-2

Started by sevenof400, May 18, 2014, 09:23:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Game facts: Saturday, May 24, 10:00 am
at Fayetteville, University of Arkansas Razorback Field
schedule subject to possible change

Discussion, observation, speculation!

Hornet-Hawg

May 18, 2014, 11:37:11 am #1 Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:40:48 am by Hornet-Hawg
They tied 0-0 in an early tournament.  Looked like two good, evenly matched teams.

minerjack

Bryant is pretty salty. Although, they do have one of their key players missing. They've constantly gotten better and better throughout the year.

What's with the "scheduled to possibly change"   ??

Go Postal

Looking over my records from 1998 through 2013...

This is the first time that Bryant girls have made it to the Championship game.  They have a chance to get their first State Champs or State Runner-up.  Congratulations on your hard work.

Bentonville girls have 5 State Championships and 2 State Runner-ups.

Some Interesting tidbits...
I also noticed that Bentonville boys made it to the Finals game also.
The current Top 5 overall Championship record is as follows:
10 Searcy (6B / 4G)
9 Harrison (6B / 3G)
9 Pulaski Academy (3B / 6G)
6 Bentonville (1B / 5G)
6 Central Arkansas Christian (1B / 5G)

PA girls and Harrison girls are playing againt each other in their finals.  Bentonville boys and girls are playing in their finals.  Not sure at this point if CAC girls will make it to the 4A finals yet, due to the semi game will be played tomorrow against a good Valley View team.  But for pronostication,  let's say they do...

1.  If Bentonville boys/girls win, then they will have 8 championships.  Knocking on the back door of Harrison or PA for overall State Champs with 8 wins.
2.  If one of the Bentonville boys/girls teams lose and have 7 championships and possibly still be tied with CAC.
3.  If both of Bentonville boys/girls lose and keep 6 championships, then it depends on what CAC girls do in the finals.

This is IF CAC girls win in the semis.  That is still pending at this point.  If they lose in the semis, then forget about what I said in #2 about CAC, but a Bentonville win will move them up and also in #3, they will still be tied with CAC.

Good Luck to Bryant and Bentonville in the Finals!

Bloodinthewater

Quote from: minerjack2212 on May 18, 2014, 03:29:41 pm
Bryant is pretty salty. Although, they do have one of their key players missing. They've constantly gotten better and better throughout the year.

t
What is the # of the player they are missing? Was she redcarded? Hope it wasnt their great lil midfielder or that quick lil striker.
They couldnt replace those two. 

sevenof400

Minerjack2212,

I put that disclaimer in there because some schools may still have graduations (or other significant events) to deal with even at this late date.  I can recall some changing of the finals schedule in the past for things of this nature (it hasn't happened often, but it has happened) so it is sort of a reminder.

I do not have any knowledge of things changing at this point in time. 

sevenof400

Just read an update from Henry Apple suggesting that changes are being requested for one of the 4A games that could have an effect on the finals schedule.....

Go Postal

I just found out that 4A Valley View girls beat CAC in the semis.  Bentonville boys/girls have a great opportunity to move up in the overall Championship standings.

minerjack

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 19, 2014, 05:43:01 pm

Minerjack2212,

I put that disclaimer in there because some schools may still have graduations (or other significant events) to deal with even at this late date.  I can recall some changing of the finals schedule in the past for things of this nature (it hasn't happened often, but it has happened) so it is sort of a reminder.

Ah.  I figured they would have that sort of thing sorted out. I don't think it's an issuer for Bryant. Don't know about Bentonville though.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: minerjack2212 on May 20, 2014, 12:07:13 am

Minerjack2212,

Ah.  I figured they would have that sort of thing sorted out. I don't think it's an issuer for Bryant. Don't know about Bentonville though.
The issue isn't Bryant or Bentonville on this one. It's Maumelle, who has asked to move the Class 4A girls match up to 10 a.m. to avoid conflict with its graduation.
If the appeal is accepted, then the Bentonville-Bryant match will be moved to the original Class 4A girls spot at 2 p.m.

Go Postal

Quote from: Go Postal on May 18, 2014, 04:34:30 pm
Looking over my records from 1998 through 2013...

This is the first time that Bryant girls have made it to the Championship game.  They have a chance to get their first State Champs or State Runner-up.  Congratulations on your hard work.

Bentonville girls have 5 State Championships and 2 State Runner-ups.

Some Interesting tidbits...
I also noticed that Bentonville boys made it to the Finals game also.
The current Top 5 overall Championship record is as follows:
10 Searcy (6B / 4G)
9 Harrison (6B / 3G)
9 Pulaski Academy (3B / 6G)
6 Bentonville (1B / 5G)
6 Central Arkansas Christian (1B / 5G)

PA girls and Harrison girls are playing againt each other in their finals.  Bentonville boys and girls are playing in their finals.  Not sure at this point if CAC girls will make it to the 4A finals yet, due to the semi game will be played tomorrow against a good Valley View team.  But for pronostication,  let's say they do...

1.  If Bentonville boys/girls win, then they will have 8 championships.  Knocking on the back door of Harrison or PA for overall State Champs with 8 wins.
2.  If one of the Bentonville boys/girls teams lose and have 7 championships and possibly still be tied with CAC.
3.  If both of Bentonville boys/girls lose and keep 6 championships, then it depends on what CAC girls do in the finals.

This is IF CAC girls win in the semis.  That is still pending at this point.  If they lose in the semis, then forget about what I said in #2 about CAC, but a Bentonville win will move them up and also in #3, they will still be tied with CAC.

Good Luck to Bryant and Bentonville in the Finals!
Shoot, I just saw that CAC boys are going into the 4A Finals.  Replace CAC boys with CAC girls.  Good Luck to Bentonville boys/girls to up their overall State standings!

minerjack

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on May 20, 2014, 07:26:24 am
Quote from: minerjack2212 on May 20, 2014, 12:07:13 am

Minerjack2212,

The issue isn't Bryant or Bentonville on this one. It's Maumelle, who has asked to move the Class 4A girls match up to 10 a.m. to avoid conflict with its graduation.
If the appeal is accepted, then the Bentonville-Bryant match will be moved to the original Class 4A girls spot at 2 p.m.
Ah. I see. That'd be better for Bentonville-Bryant anyways. Id rather play a 2 pm game than a 10 am game anyday.

VHSCoach2

May 24, 2014, 10:43:05 am #12 Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:37:07 am by VHSCoach2
Final: Bentonville 3 (4', 23', 61'), Bryant 2 (35', 57')

chaoslord

They say 2-0 is the most dangerous lead. Wonder if that will be the case here 

Bloodinthewater

Well I hate that Bryant girls lost especially with their best player out for the final.  They were the best team I saw this season. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas