• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marriage Protection Act

Started by WCD, May 30, 2006, 12:59:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief_Osceola™

^ Was there a civilization that performed marriages prior to that?

The_reality_is...

Ok, I see what you were saying...I think. You were saying that marriages have been performed in a religious manner for 6000 years. Ok.

Well, for people who are not religious, I don't suppose they care if God recognizes their marriage or not, do they?

ok, now go check the X3 thread, since we appear to be swapping posts.....haha

Chief_Osceola™

Not necessarily a religious manner.  I said 6000+ years because that's what I assume is as far back as legal, binding marriages have been performed, whether religious or not.

BTW, re: the X3 thing - I'm probably going to go see it tonight.  Like I said in that thread, though, I'm disappointed Gambit and Nightcrawler didn't make an appearance.  I am happy to see Shadowcat, though.

c4blueflames

I have recently accepted Jesus as my savior and have been baptized and repent for my sins. I pray that God forgives me for saying I was not a Christian

Breitontime

9 year old thread you brought back up, why?

beach bum

Quote from: Breitontime on September 05, 2015, 05:53:13 pm

Some people just creep me out.... I don't get it either. Secondly, why would God be angry at us for acting just like he created us?

WPWells

He said he hopes. The God I serve is merciful. You don't have to "hope" for forgiveness from Him

beach bum

September 05, 2015, 06:26:38 pm #57 Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 06:49:07 pm by beach bum
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 05, 2015, 06:12:07 pm
He said he hopes. The God I serve is merciful. You don't have to "hope" for forgiveness from Him

See thats what I like to hear.... I am agnostic. I wouldn't even say agnostic because I like to believe there is something out there to make sense of this planet. It just operates too perfectly with the physics of our Earth and the universe. I mean just think if the sun was slightly hotter or the planets didn't rotate on perfection. I try not to think of that stuff too deeply because it opens up so many cans of worms. I also don't feel comfortable enough as a human to say I have any answers. When I debate an atheist I always use the argument my philosophy professor told me about the big bang theory. Its basically the equal of a tornado coming through a junk yard and forming a perfectly made 747 plane that is ready to operate from nothing. What are the odds of that? Thats why I believe in some creative being out there. Stuff just works in too much harmony in this universe.

Breitontime

How many different gods have there been throughout humanity?

I'm not saying there isn't one, but how can one implicitly say this is the one?

Beliefs have changed over time, and over one religion conquering the other.

beach bum

Quote from: Breitontime on September 05, 2015, 06:47:21 pm

I'm not saying there isn't one, but how can one implicitly say this is the one?

Beliefs have changed over time, and over one religion conquering the other.

That right there is exactly why I never claim to have any answers....

Breitontime

I mean, what about all those people who were around before Christianity; Did they go to Hades by default? Or, were they given a pass?

phdefense

September 09, 2015, 12:00:31 pm #61 Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 10:14:42 am by phdefense
They are taking ownership of the foolish words they spoke in their youth? Hopefully one day you will be mature enough to do the same.

phdefense

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 05, 2015, 06:12:07 pm
The word "hope" in the bible does not mean what it does in the current vernacular.

"Hope" in the bible= sure, confident, no doubt

"Hope" now = wishful

phdefense

Quote from: Breitontime on September 05, 2015, 06:47:21 pm
Only one that lived and walked the earth.

phdefense

September 09, 2015, 12:07:21 pm #64 Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:12:03 pm by phdefense
Quote from: Breitontime on September 05, 2015, 06:58:21 pm
I mean, what about all those people who were around before Christianity
They were saved by grace through faith just like those after. They knew he was coming. He was prophesied in at the expulsion of eden.

BC= people were saved by faith that the Messiah would come
AD= people are saved by faith that the Messiah has come

p.s. interesting tidbit that moderate to novice believers do not know. Jesus came to earth before the virgin birth multiple times

phdefense

Quote from: beach bum on September 05, 2015, 06:00:06 pm

why would God be angry at us for acting just like he created us?
He didn't create us that way. We became that way by choice. Just like lucifer. He created him as the most beautiful angel. lucifer's job was to lead the praise and worship of God. lucifer chose to not be what he was created to be.

WPWells

phdefense

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 09, 2015, 12:16:58 pm
Where is that in the Bible?
I would be glad to oblige. Can you specify which "that" you are asking about.

Lions84

All these MPA State Laws have been gutted by the USSCON this summer.

WPWells

phdefense

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 09, 2015, 12:54:14 pm
Lucifer falling from heaven
Sure thing. Of course "falling" is subjective. He was really cast out.

Ezekiel 28:12-18

Isaiah 14:12-14

WPWells

phdefense

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 09, 2015, 01:08:21 pm
Thanks
You are welcome.

A simple way to think of it is this.

God created Lucifer.

Lucifer created Satan/Devil

Therefore the question of "Why did God create Satan?" is an easy one to answer. The answer is "He didn't"

WPWells

I totally agree with your concept of free will as well. Of course that's one of my foundational beliefs as a United Methodist

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas