• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacksonville Baseball Team

Started by ShakBakyBake, October 06, 2005, 02:48:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Whos your pick to win the 6A East?

West Memphis
0 (0%)
Forrest City
0 (0%)
Marion
0 (0%)
Searcy
0 (0%)
Jonesboro
0 (0%)
Sylvan Hills
0 (0%)
Mountain Home
0 (0%)
Who Cares
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: February 09, 2006, 02:31:15 pm

ShakBakyBake

October 06, 2005, 02:48:33 pm Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 02:31:15 pm by ShakBakyBake
We plan to compete hard this year. These teams in the our conference have been showing us disrespect for too long. This team will have 13 juniors and 2 seniors setting the stage for the 07 season. Beware of these Red Devils come February.
Post your comment for your team here.

canes06

haha jacksonville? compete? really?

pioneerbasketball

ShakBakyBake

Dude who are u. Trying to down us if we play u I guarantee a win. We got two pitchers throwing 85+ from New Orleans. While u playing we going hard.

ShakBakyBake

:'( We will earn respect just wait.

canes06

October 10, 2005, 10:36:43 pm #5 Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 12:05:21 pm by canes06
guarantee a win? come on now...thats pushing it. an improved team, maybe. guaranteeing wins is a completely different thing. even i wont do that.

powerlifter90

Jax's problem isn't their lack of pitching it's the lack of hitting.  When you only have one player with a BA over 350, something is wrong. 

godfather07

LOL that has to be one of the most hilarious statements i have heard....jacksonville..guarranteein a win...not in conference play against Sylvan Hills, Searcy, or Jonesboro...just because u picked up 2 pitchers from new orleans doesnt change much...now that just means ya'll have two pitchers seein how ya'll didnt have a decent one last year...and yea truth hurts...the only teams that need to be on here talkin bout.."man this is our year we are gonna tear some teams up"..and all that..should be Sylvan Hills, Searcy, Jonesboro, and possibly Cabot from the east...jacksonville is finishing 6th this year in conference..i know they will have at least 6 losses in conference...2 from Sylvan hills, 2 from Searcy, and 2 from Jonesboro...but go ahead and reply and tell me how much ya'll have changed from last year how much improved ya'll are with your hitting... and lil johnny is a d-1 prospect for sure he is gettin letters from all over the place....this is jus too much fun so please reply 8) ;D ;D 8)

powerlifter90

Quote from: godfather07 on October 11, 2005, 12:59:42 pm
LOL that has to be one of the most hilarious statements i have heard....jacksonville..guarranteein a win...not in conference play against Sylvan Hills, Searcy, or Jonesboro...just because u picked up 2 pitchers from new orleans doesnt change much...now that just means ya'll have two pitchers seein how ya'll didnt have a decent one last year...and yea truth hurts...the only teams that need to be on here talkin bout.."man this is our year we are gonna tear some teams up"..and all that..should be Sylvan Hills, Searcy, Jonesboro, and possibly Cabot from the east...jacksonville is finishing 6th this year in conference..i know they will have at least 6 losses in conference...2 from Sylvan hills, 2 from Searcy, and 2 from Jonesboro...but go ahead and reply and tell me how much ya'll have changed from last year how much improved ya'll are with your hitting... and lil johnny is a d-1 prospect for sure he is gettin letters from all over the place....this is jus too much fun so please reply 8) ;D ;D 8)

you my friend are a dsh bg

XFalkonz

Jax has the chance to be a team that can sneak up on folks this year. They are supposed to have a couple kids that can throw for them this year that moved in from LA. They have a couple kids that should have a break out year. Zach Thomas is a heck of a player and can play alot of positions. The ussery brothers are very good in the field and were coming around at the plate this summer. Jordan Payer is a very under-rated ball player and could be a dark horse for this team. The Bug's boy has lots of speed and can bunt real well. Baker is a big ole kid that if his body ever catches up with him is going to be a heck of a ball player. Matty Williams is one of the best fundamental catchers I have ever seen but he needs to hit the weights and get that arm in shape. Hood has speed on top of speed and has a good arm.

Overall, Jax is going to be a decent team this year. They need a little more hitting and a little more pitching and they will be a team to reckon with. of course, there is another high school baseball team in Jacksonville, but I guess that wasnt what the question was directed about was it?

powerlifter90

hahaha ............... what up "konz"?

give me a call sometime............ about O-beer-30

ShakBakyBake

Alright this is Baker u already know. Ok Lyda fluid u are kind of right about us. But like I said your still under estimating us but I guess we will have to show u.
And Lyda what about NP. Yeah u made to the tournament so what.
And Yeah ya'll beat us. the first time since 1977. Good Job. Mad Respect yeah aright :-\

On this other dude Yeah i will guarantee a win because I got big balls.
And with all this 6th place stuff I dont know about that. If u ask me I'll tell u 3rd.

And who are u godfather07 your probably some baseball nerd. That graduated from high school and doesnt do anything. You bat boy. Get some balls and come with a real reply.

ShakBakyBake

I play to win sucka.                  BAKER

powerlifter90

Quote from: ShakBakyBake on October 12, 2005, 02:14:00 pm
I play to win sucka. BAKER

yep you sure do...............now if we could just get your 40 time under 8 seconds.............   ;)

godfather07

lol alright Baker, im a senior on one of the teams in your conference...and trust me man as soon as we sweep ya'll when we come to your own home field and show u how u cant guarantee crap :'(...you'll know me...just tell me what number you are and when we cross eachother after shaking hands ill let you know who i am ::)......ur gonna sit there and call me a bat boy :o...dude..c'mon chill with the name calling dont be so harsh.....so i guess its your turn as you would say to "get some balls and come with a real reply" ;).....so have at it buddy 8) ;D ;D 8)

Quote from: ShakBakyBake on October 12, 2005, 02:13:03 pm
Alright this is Baker u already know. Ok Lyda fluid u are kind of right about us. But like I said your still under estimating us but I guess we will have to show u.
And Lyda what about NP. Yeah u made to the tournament so what.
And Yeah ya'll beat us. the first time since 1977. Good Job. Mad Respect yeah aright :-\

On this other dude Yeah i will guarantee a win because I got big balls.
And with all this 6th place stuff I dont know about that. If u ask me I'll tell u 3rd.

And who are u godfather07 your probably some baseball nerd. That graduated from high school and doesnt do anything. You bat boy. Get some balls and come with a real reply.

XFalkonz

Baker of all the people around J-ville you should know that I am the last person to underestimate ya'll. I spend way too much time during the summer with ya'll to underestimate Jacksonville. NP will be ok this year and should return to the state tourney this year. All the pieces have to fall in the right places for us but with hard work and fundamentals we should be able to do it. It isnt going to be easy for us but I think we can get it going again this year.

powerlifter90

NOBODY.................... NOBODY!!! from the Jacksonville "underachieving, no-hitting, 6th place in the conf, I'd rather look pretty than play good" baseball team should be talking trash here or anywhere else.  If you guys want to win a conf championship you need to start working on it the day after the season is over, NOT when practice starts in the winter.  How many of you guys were in the weight room, the cage, or even throwing at a tire (non-pitchers should do this too) over the winter?  NONE!!   Instead of talking about how good y'all are "going" to be, why don't you start working on it?

ShakBakyBake

This goes to the GODFATHER07 my number is 40 and I should be on first base. So what team do you play for senoir. So did we happen to beat you last year. I didnt mean to be so harsh but alot of people are looking at this now and I get real intense about baseball. You would too if

ShakBakyBake

Alright GODFATHER07 I hope your
Quote from: ShakBakyBake on October 14, 2005, 02:23:24 pm
This goes to the GODFATHER07 my number is 40 and I should be on first base. So what team do you play for senoir. So did we happen to beat you last year. I didnt mean to be so harsh but alot of people are looking at this now and I get real intense about baseball. You would too if you have been getting disrespected for two years.

ShakBakyBake

My bad Lyda I got a little carried away.

ShakBakyBake

Whatever BUGEATER who are you anyways. How do you know we dont work in the summer. i know I work during the summer just hitting in the cages and lifting. But you are entitled to your opinion. Just keep it to yourself next time. I know what it takes to win.       RESPECT    BAKER

godfather07

LOL yea id say we beat ya'll...twice..pretty bad...both times...but im not gonna let it out what team i play for because that would give up my identity but ill be sure to tell u who i am when we play at your place this year..so take it easy man peace...

Quote from: ShakBakyBake on October 14, 2005, 02:23:24 pm
This goes to the GODFATHER07 my number is 40 and I should be on first base. So what team do you play for senoir. So did we happen to beat you last year. I didnt mean to be so harsh but alot of people are looking at this now and I get real intense about baseball. You would too if

powerlifter90

Quote from: ShakBakyBake on October 14, 2005, 02:30:46 pm
Whatever BUGEATER who are you anyways. How do you know we dont work in the summer. i know I work during the summer just hitting in the cages and lifting. But you are entitled to your opinion. Just keep it to yourself next time. I know what it takes to win. RESPECT BAKER

It doesn't take respect to win, you earn respect by playing hard, playing to win, and winning. 

When I say you need to "work" in the off season I don't mean by playing legion ball.  You need to work AFTER legion season is over.   You have to get stronger, faster, and hit better to improve from last season.  Not just one player but EVERYONE on that team.  There are only two baseball players playing football, the rest of you should be hitting the weights and doing speed drills until practice starts.  I have seen a few of you up there but nobody is really killing themselves to prepare for next year.  Kinda just going through the motions.  If you train Half-butt you will play that way and your seasons record will show it. 

I was going into the gym yesterday and you know what I saw?  5 North P players leaving the weight room....... hmmm they made the playoffs last year .............

GoldenLion30

Bake. Godfather is probably from Cabot. Also quit talking so much crap before you embarrass yourself................ uh too late.

JvilleDevils

XFalkonz

unfortunately baseball season is too far off. I guess we will have to see about all of this in around four months. Cabot is going to have some young talent. They have West and a couple others that can hit and this summer they had a kid that was on their AA team that was a decent pitcher.

godfather07

......not cabot

Quote from: skinnyboy15 on October 19, 2005, 08:59:41 pm
Bake. Godfather is probably from Cabot. Also quit talking so much crap before you embarrass yourself................ uh too late.

powerlifter90

Quote from: Falkonz on October 20, 2005, 09:02:48 am
unfortunately baseball season is too far off. I guess we will have to see about all of this in around four months. Cabot is going to have some young talent. They have West and a couple others that can hit and this summer they had a kid that was on their AA team that was a decent pitcher.

the kid from Cabot that pitched for Gwatney AA this summer is playing for UALR now     Tim Paine

XFalkonz

No I am talking about the one that pitched for Cabot's AA team this year. I should know Tim Payne. Geez Kurt I was his pitching coach this summer.

powerlifter90

OH! well that explains our 12.52 ERA    ;D

ShakBakyBake

Quote from: skinnyboy15 on October 19, 2005, 08:59:41 pm
I don't care if he on the KKK. If i guarantee a win I guarantee a win. The only embarassment will be when I knock one over on ya'll boys. Ya'll will find out this season. Just wait.

ShakBakyBake

BUGEATERS/Captain Kurt/

why talk so much smack about jacksonville when your own son is the startin center fielder. you should be backin me up when these boys are always tryin to down us. we really have gotten better and i know that we have been workin hard in off-season. it doesn't matter what you saw the min. and a half you was in there. just come in there and watch us for more than a min. next time before you talk bad about our off-season program.

Show some Love

JvilleDevils

Your making yourself look like an idiot

powerlifter90

Quote from: ShakBakyBake on October 21, 2005, 02:06:08 pm
BUGEATERS/Captain Kurt/

why talk so much smack about Jacksonville when your own son is the startin center fielder. you should be backin me up when these boys are always tryin to down us. we really have gotten better and i know that we have been workin hard in off-season. it doesn't matter what you saw the min. and a half you was in there. just come in there and watch us for more than a min. next time before you talk bad about our off-season program.

Show some Love

Adrian, buddy, you know I love all you kids just like you are my own, and I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.  But, you can ask anyone I don't "sugar coat" anything,  I am brutally honest and I tell it like I see it.  From the day after legion was over you guys should have been in the weight room and the cage.  Coach Burrows does a great job, with what he has, it's up to you guys to make yourselves better, when he's not around.   I have known and coached most of you since T-ball and if I say something, positive or negative, you can pretty take it as fact.   I know some of you guys are "working" but is it hard enough to actually make a difference (if you work out half rear you will play that way).  I do know, from what I've heard, that allot of you that are training now are in incredibly bad condition.   Another thing you guys should be addressing is your hitting.  Even when we had all-stars when y'all were younger our performances at the plate killed us.  Given the fact that most of Jax's pitchers don't throw all that hard (one guy over 80) you guys should probably be able to score some runs this year.  You have enough talented ball players to really make something happen this year and next.  But, do you have the self discipline, heart, and work ethic to actually make it happen?   If you are going to to compete with SH and JHS you are going to have to "out work" them.    You guys need to get "motivated" and work harder than you've ever worked if you are going to make the playoffs this year.   Not trying to be-little or degrade you guys, just trying to put a foot to your butt and get some motivation started.  I'm tired of seeing you guys under achieve................

and quit talking "smack" let the score board do that

ShakBakyBake

October 27, 2005, 02:20:14 pm #34 Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 02:23:19 pm by ShakBakyBake
Ok your right and I get and understand everything your saying your exactly right. The team does need to work harder than we have ever worked. If you think about it we are. During this time last year we were all sitting at home watching the World Series now were in the gym missing it. For me I need to get faster and stronger. I have been on the weights drinking protein shakes and anything I can do. Because my time is running out only 2 more seaseons to go. Its time for everyone to step up. I think our pitching will be able to hold up if we just can hit spots and pitch smart. We have a excellent pitching coach in coach pulawski. And coach Burrows is the best of the best in hitting mechanics. I cant speak for the whole team but I will work harder pushing my self to the max. But it is hard to get 20+ kids to stay dedicated but I will here u now when Im working out. I will be thinking about what u said. Thank You Appreciate Ya Stay in Touch

I will try to stop talking smack but that will always be in me. You know Me. #40 Baker

Adrian Jerel Baker
#40 1st Basemen
6'1

powerlifter90

AB, if you really feel this strongly about the team, step up and be a leader.  Be the guy that is in EVERYONE's face, getting them motivated, ready to work, ready to win.  You are not the only one that feels this way, I know a skinnyboy that has been working his butt off in football, but he's ready for some baseball.  The two guys that you have for SRs this year are not the most "vocal" kids in the world, maybe a couple JR's need to be.  You don't have to yell and scream to be a leader, but when someone is screwing off, disrupting practice, and causing the "real players" to lose focus GET IN THEIR ARSS!!  All it takes is one screwball messing around and the entire practice is shot.  You don't win baseball, football, or what-ever on game day, you win by busting your butt in practice every day leading up to the game, then what happens on the field is just the end result of hard work.  You are right you only have two years left, two years that will be gone before you know it.  Don't waste those short years by underachieving, the worse thing you can ever say is "I should have........"   The time is now AB, set the example, be a leader, put an end to the kids that are screwing around slowing your progress.  You are a big enough individual if you have to get in someone's face, DO IT, they will, and the team will thank you later..............   Go get em AB, skinny boy will be there in a few weeks along with Cam, those two want to win, but they can't do it by themselves

XFalkonz

Dang Kurt you are starting to sound like Hulk Hogan there. Eat your veggies, take your vitamins, say your prayers and lift cadillacs!!!! I have said it for years and I will say it again-J-ville can win if their kids put forth the effort. Coach Burrows knows A LOT of baseball and has a solid belief in fundamentals. The kdis have to buy into that system and dedicate their offseasons to getting better. Heck we have some guys this year that arent doing what they should over here. I have already told them that they are two months behind those other guys whereas the football guys are only a month behind. You HAVE to put the effort into the offseason as much as you do the regular season if not more. Luckily for me I dont have to do basketball this year so I will be able to get immediately into football/baseball offseason. That is going to make some people have to work harder. I believe my kids can do it and I believe that the J-ville kids can do it as well. They just have to want it.

powerlifter90

Quote from: Falkonz on October 28, 2005, 10:58:06 am
Dang Kurt you are starting to sound like Hulk Hogan there. Eat your veggies, take your vitamins, say your prayers and lift cadillacs!!!!

haha........... you know I'm right brotha

when does the "quest" for next years' championship begin?    the day after the present season ends

Nation_66

ok, as a jacksonville alumni myself, i do hope that jacksonville will have an outstanding season, but they wont and here is why.  two words, Larry Burrows.  enough said, no discussion needed.  like i said, i went to jacksonville and he didnt know what he was doing then, and doesnt know what he is doing now.  just watching over the past few years and being around the game of baseball as long as i have, i know better about what to do than what he does.  no before you bad mouth me back, i never said that jacksonville has a lack of talent, just a lack of coaching talent.  i mean its not you guys fault that your coach doesnt know anything.

devilspimpdaddy

shakbakybake, it is jard to take anything you say seriously. If I was you I would concentrate on making myself better so I would get to start. You have given plenty of motivation to anybody else on your team that might want to play first base.

ShakBakyBake

Nation_66 What the f r u talking bout man. Coach knows everything about the game. He is the best coach I ever had and before you talk about my coach u put your name out there. I respect your opinion but still i have to back my coach 110%. Holla at me in the streets. #40

ShakBakyBake

devilspimpdad--------------Please shut up. You dont know me and For 1. I dont need to concentrate on this stupid web site. This isnt nothin but a mind game homy. You just worry about yourself and dont come at me again. #40 Holla Back

Nation_66

as i said, i am a former jacksonville alumni, so that means i have played under coach burrows, plus i have seen his stupidity in action as well.  so before you start to bad mouth me, make sure you read the entire posts that i put out there.  i said this at the very beginning, i am a former jacksonville alumni.  burrows plays the favorites, i have coached a number of sports from football to softball (baseball included).  he plays people who kiss up to him.  lets see my name out there, ok, in regionals during the summer for softball we placed second and in class A state we placed third, yeah kinda know what i am talking about.  here is why i say he is not all there.  think about this and please dont respond until you understand what this meaning means, "if it aint broke, dont fix it".  he tries to change peoples way of playing.  i know this because he did the same thing to my brother.  he had an awsome tryout and scored high on it and yet he wasnt what they were looking for, but yet he made the Gwatney team, doesnt make sense. you be the judge.

football0622

It aint all Burrows and anyone will tell you that, to me it seems he can win when he has talent, but lets face it he doesnt have the horses to compete in that conference. Iam not dogging J'ville but they play in a tough conference and they just dont have the right people there right now and wont for a while.

HSUball2

I agree that we (jacksonville) are in a tough conference probably the toughest in AAAAA considering the final game jonesboro vs. sylvan hills. Burrows is a very good coach and does know what he is talking about, but i do have to go with nation and agree that he does play people who kiss up to him, but MOST of the time those people are the better players on the team so its not really like that. We have the talent to be a contender this year, we will just have to play as a team and not be selfish on the field.

Nation_66

ok ok ok, i have not dogged the talent at all of the jacksonville team.  what defines a coach is not how good he is when he has the horses to do it, but how can he make an average team a great team.  you may not believe me when i say that i am a j-town alumni, but i am.  i just dont think you have the right coach in place for the type of talent you have.  j-ville has always won on talent themselves and that is it, not much coaching going on in the baseball sense for a long time.  this is my last post on this subject, good luck to yall this season and i hope yall do well.

fastdrop

Jacksonville wins 5A east smack award for preseason baseball on ff....but comes in 5th....in regular season....and shakybaky wins allstate smack back award...

HSUball2

5th? who all do u think will beat us, don't think I'm talking smack either cause i just wanna know ur for teams for state in our conference and their conference records?

fastdrop

Quote from: baseballkid9 on January 05, 2006, 11:09:38 pm
5th? who all do u think will beat us, don't think I'm talking smack either cause i just wanna know ur for teams for state in our conference and their conference records?
searcy, west memphis, cabot, jonesboro, mountain home.....They will all beat you....a few of them will be splits though

HSUball2

dude we swept west memphis and we split with mountain home, neither of them were that good except for that trash ball pitcher west memphis had. i think we are alot better this year than we were last year as well, but the one team you don't have up there that u should is sylvan hills. We will just have to see when the season rolls around though, just be ready for some upsets

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas