• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

32 team playoff with 5A, 6A, and 7A playoff teams.

Started by Sweet Feet, November 24, 2018, 01:11:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Feet

November 24, 2018, 01:11:26 pm Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 01:17:46 pm by Sweet Feet
With the top 4 teams from each conference, this is an imaginary playoff with the 7a, 6a, and 5a playoff teams. Highest seed at home. How do you think it would turn out? Sometimes lower class doesn't mean weaker team.

E1 West Memphis vs S4 Lakeside
W2 Morrilton vs C3 Conway
S1 Greenwood vs E4 Nettleton
C2 LR Christian vs W3 Fayetteville

C1 PA vs W4 Springdale
S2 Benton vs E3 Valley View
W1 Harrison vs C4 FS Northside
E2 Marion vs S3 Fairview

S! Texarkana vs E4 Searcy
C2 Bryant vs W3 Greenbrier
E1 Blytheville vs S4 El Dorado
W2 Bentonville West vs C3 Parkview

W1 Bentonville vs C4 White Hall
E2 Wynne vs S3 Russellville
C1 NLR vs W4 Alma
S2 McClellan vs E3 Jonesboro

Hogman2018

LRC fans would say they would win that hands down!

Central AR

Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 24, 2018, 02:07:10 pm
LRC fans would say they would win that hands down!

This guy is still salty because of the quarterfinals loss at home to the warriors. He magically thinks that LRCA's fans predicting a win over Texarkana (and being correct) means they think they are unbeatable. Zero correlation.

beach bum

Quote from: Central AR on November 24, 2018, 02:28:13 pm
This guy is still salty because of the quarterfinals loss at home to the warriors. He magically thinks that LRCA's fans predicting a win over Texarkana (and being correct) means they think they are unbeatable. Zero correlation.

+1000 .... I would be salty too if I rooted for one of the most underachieving programs in the state like Texarkana.

Hogman2018

Quote from: beach bum on November 24, 2018, 02:32:13 pm
+1000 .... I would be salty too if I rooted for one of the most underachieving programs in the state like Texarkana.
Two state championships and a runner up in the last twelve years really underacheving huh?? 5A conference champs this year! Go back in your basement!

beach bum

November 24, 2018, 03:27:44 pm #5 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 03:37:02 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 24, 2018, 03:22:32 pm
Two state championships and a runner up in the last twelve years really underacheving huh?? 5A conference champs this year! Go back in your basement!

Winning in 6A out of 16 teams is about as prestigious as winning the 8 man league that has 5 teams currently in the state..... Take Greenwood out of 6A and seriously what is there even to 6A where Texarkana has been until this year? And add to that Greenwood was in 5A for some of that time and PA in 5A who are better than anything 6A has to offer. So you won two in a watered down classification until Greenwood joined?

Hogman2018

Quote from: beach bum on November 24, 2018, 03:27:44 pm
Winning in 6A out of 16 teams is about as prestigious as winning the 8 man league that has 5 teams currently in the state..... Take Greenwood out of 6A and seriously what is there even to 6A where Texarkana has been until this year? And add to that Greenwood was in 5A for some of that time and PA in 5A who are better than anything 6A has to offer. So you won two in a watered down classification until Greenwood joined?
Yea tell Greenwood and Pine Bluff that! Go schedule them if you think you are good enough!

Hogman2018

Thats an idiot statement I guess 7A is not very good either!

Central AR

Quote from: beach bum on November 24, 2018, 03:27:44 pm

You're wasting your time arguing with this guy or girl. Don't wanna assume. Anyone who knows anything about football knows that 6A football in the 2000s in general was weak. Very little depth and talent. We saw a Sylvan Hills team who had no business making the playoffs this year find a way in the semi's.

incogneto

Quote from: Central AR on November 24, 2018, 03:53:14 pm
You're wasting your time arguing with this guy or girl. Don't wanna assume. Anyone who knows anything about football knows that 6A football in the 2000s in general was weak. Very little depth and talent. We saw a Sylvan Hills team who had no business making the playoffs this year find a way in the semi's.
Bless his heart.   

Hogman2018

5A was weak except PA ! Now Greenwood was good when they were  in 5A!

Hogman2018

Quote from: incogneto on November 24, 2018, 03:56:38 pm
Bless his heart.
Yea and they played Greenwood closer than anyone else! They might of got a little better as the year went on

Hogman2018

Quote from: incogneto on November 24, 2018, 03:56:38 pm
Bless his heart.
When has LRC won anything in football?? How many State championships have you won??

incogneto

November 24, 2018, 04:51:04 pm #13 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 04:56:06 pm by incogneto
Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 24, 2018, 04:14:21 pm
When has LRC won anything in football?? How many State championships have you won??
You are so angry.  Man I hope you don't go kick your dog after you come on here and don't get the respect you want.  People are showing the proper amount of respect to Texarkana if you don't realize it. 

You guys are a top five team which is an accomplishment.  But when you get skull drug you aren't going to get many posters bowing down to you on here especially from the school that just made your team mentally quit during the game.  How many phantom cramps did we see last Friday to only see the player miraculously come back in the next play?  That's a sure sign of I don't want to be here syndrome.

Nobody gives LRCA elite level respect when we lose to Wynne in the first round and they shouldn't give it to us.  Everyone rightfully questions LRCA when we get mercy ruled by PA.  You don't see our posters whining about it.   Nobody is going to give Texarkana elite level respect until they play like an elite level team.  McClellan has earned some credibility because they have been close to beating PA several times.  LRCA simply hasn't come close to being a viable threat to them yet.  Posters have to respect they way we have rolled through every other team but they are rightfully asking how good are those team? 

How good is Texarkana?  McClellan obviously wasn't as good as they have been because PA toyed with them.  That was your best win.  Texas High doesn't seem impressive.  Liberty E. is just bad.  So people are correctly questioning just how good Texarkana was in the first place. 

So try to relax a little.  When your team earns respect they will get it.  Nobody cares what you did in the distant past. 

Hogman2018

Hey Idiot just responding to someone who asked what we have done lately! I dont need you to preach to me!! Nobody cares what LRC has done oh my bad they have never done anything in football!!  Yall are good in Soccer though!!

Central AR

Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 24, 2018, 05:07:49 pm
Hey Idiot just responding to someone who asked what we have done lately! I dont need you to preach to me!! Nobody cares what LRC has done oh my bad they have never done anything in football!!  Yall are good in Soccer though!!

You're a classic example of somebody who knows little very about a certain topic and uses insults to carve some traction into the argument.

incogneto

Quote from: Central AR on November 24, 2018, 05:10:56 pm
You're a classic example of somebody who knows little very about a certain topic and uses insults to carve some traction into the argument.
He is just very angry. 

AHS06

Quote from: incogneto on November 24, 2018, 04:51:04 pm
You are so angry.  Man I hope you don't go kick your dog after you come on here and don't get the respect you want.  People are showing the proper amount of respect to Texarkana if you don't realize it. 

You guys are a top five team which is an accomplishment.  But when you get skull drug you aren't going to get many posters bowing down to you on here especially from the school that just made your team mentally quit during the game.  How many phantom cramps did we see last Friday to only see the player miraculously come back in the next play?  That's a sure sign of I don't want to be here syndrome.

Nobody gives LRCA elite level respect when we lose to Wynne in the first round and they shouldn't give it to us.  Everyone rightfully questions LRCA when we get mercy ruled by PA.  You don't see our posters whining about it.   Nobody is going to give Texarkana elite level respect until they play like an elite level team.  McClellan has earned some credibility because they have been close to beating PA several times.  LRCA simply hasn't come close to being a viable threat to them yet.  Posters have to respect they way we have rolled through every other team but they are rightfully asking how good are those team? 

How good is Texarkana?  McClellan obviously wasn't as good as they have been because PA toyed with them.  That was your best win.  Texas High doesn't seem impressive.  Liberty E. is just bad.  So people are correctly questioning just how good Texarkana was in the first place. 

So try to relax a little.  When your team earns respect they will get it.  Nobody cares what you did in the distant past.
How could you say McClellan is not elite level when they had been in the semi's 2 out of the last 3 years and lost by one point in the title game last year?  Over the last 3-4 years PA is the only team above McClellan in 5A.  Liberty Eylau was just eliminated in the playoffs yesterday after advancing to the 3rd round.  I give LRCA credit although they are a one man show and I'll be pulling for LRCA next week.  Morrilton had no business being in the semi's and should not have made it past the first round against Parkview.  As far as Texarkana, LRCA was fortunate to not get Texarkana at full strength.  Says a lot about your character to question a kid battling cramps. 

incogneto

November 24, 2018, 07:28:15 pm #18 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 07:33:46 pm by incogneto
Quote from: AHS06 on November 24, 2018, 07:10:54 pm
How could you say McClellan is not elite level when they had been in the semi's 2 out of the last 3 years and lost by one point in the title game last year?  Over the last 3-4 years PA is the only team above McClellan in 5A.  Liberty Eylau was just eliminated in the playoffs yesterday after advancing to the 3rd round.  I give LRCA credit although they are a one man show and I'll be pulling for LRCA next week.  Morrilton had no business being in the semi's and should not have made it past the first round against Parkview.  As far as Texarkana, LRCA was fortunate to not get Texarkana at full strength.  Says a lot about your character to question a kid battling cramps.
I said McLellan gets credit as elite.  I apologize to McLellan if that was unclear.  Your offense got stoned by our defense not by Justice Hill.  Our D1 receiver didn't play either.  You cannot expect to win 5A being one dimensional and thinking a fade and a post is a passing game.  It your coaching staffs fault for kids cramping. 

game on

Do you really think you can combine 5,6,7A in one class and it be a fair level of competition for those smaller schools?  I agree the 16 team conferences are kinda silly but pitting schools half the size against the 7A hardly seems fair. 

Rocket23

When you get up to the top half of 6A and and 7A it is the depth that gets you killed. There are some teams LRCA could compete with, but looking at that bracket above, the Warriors would get crushed by Fayetteville.

A friend moved up there a few years ago, I believe Patton's last year, and met with coach regarding being a volunteer assistant. Patton said he really didn't have room for him, but he might could find a spot.  That year Fayetteville had over 160 players and 33 coaches (including full time, part time, GAs, booster-stipend coaches, and volunteers.

game on

incogneto

Quote from: Rocket23 on November 24, 2018, 08:05:00 pm
When you get up to the top half of 6A and and 7A it is the depth that gets you killed. There are some teams LRCA could compete with, but looking at that bracket above, the Warriors would get crushed by Fayetteville.

A friend moved up there a few years ago, I believe Patton's last year, and met with coach regarding being a volunteer assistant. Patton said he really didn't have room for him, but he might could find a spot.  That year Fayetteville had over 160 players and 33 coaches (including full time, part time, GAs, booster-stipend coaches, and volunteers.
Good dude wish he was still in LR. 

Hogman2018

You cant argue with this guy he doesnt have a clue!! All he knows is LRC!

Central AR

Quote from: game on on November 24, 2018, 08:06:53 pm
What is a booster stipend coach?

Where you boost your school of choice with money and they let you watch practice from the parking lot.

Hogman2018

You cant argue with this guy he doesnt have a clue!! All he knows is LRC!

AHS06

November 24, 2018, 09:44:24 pm #26 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 10:06:50 pm by AHS06
Quote from: incogneto on November 24, 2018, 07:28:15 pm
I said McLellan gets credit as elite.  I apologize to McLellan if that was unclear.  Your offense got stoned by our defense not by Justice Hill.  Our D1 receiver didn't play either.  You cannot expect to win 5A being one dimensional and thinking a fade and a post is a passing game.  It your coaching staffs fault for kids cramping.
You missed the whole point.  Texarkana beat elite level McClellan but according to you we don't have a win versus an elite program (LE has 2 Texas state titles and we smacked around 4A #1 $hiloh).  And then you try to discredit McClellan based on their performance against PA, when over the past 4 years other than PA there has not been a program more successful in 5A or a program more competitive against PA.  Just as you mentioned LRCA is a different team with Hill during the time he was hurt, Texarkana is a different team with their other starters.  Due to INJURIES we were forced to be more one dimensional.  Texarkana at full strength would punish your defense.  We were simply out coached in the 2nd half and the defense could no longer carry the team because they were tired.  All credit to LRCA but to get on here thumping your chest about beating a depleted Texarkana team shows you are not used to winning.  Trying to discredit Texarkana makes LRCA appear weaker.  WHAT ELITE TEAM HAS LRCA BEAT?  TEXARKANA IS YOUR BEST WIN THIS SEASON! 

Hogman2018

+1 you cant argue with this guy he has no clue!!

Yellowcake

incogneto

November 24, 2018, 10:42:29 pm #29 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 10:46:03 pm by incogneto
Quote from: AHS06 on November 24, 2018, 09:44:24 pm
You missed the whole point.  Texarkana beat elite level McClellan but according to you we don't have a win versus an elite program (LE has 2 Texas state titles and we smacked around 4A #1 $hiloh).  And then you try to discredit McClellan based on their performance against PA, when over the past 4 years other than PA there has not been a program more successful in 5A or a program more competitive against PA.  Just as you mentioned LRCA is a different team with Hill during the time he was hurt, Texarkana is a different team with their other starters.  Due to INJURIES we were forced to be more one dimensional.  Texarkana at full strength would punish your defense.  We were simply out coached in the 2nd half and the defense could no longer carry the team because they were tired.  All credit to LRCA but to get on here thumping your chest about beating a depleted Texarkana team shows you are not used to winning.  Trying to discredit Texarkana makes LRCA appear weaker.  WHAT ELITE TEAM HAS LRCA BEAT?  TEXARKANA IS YOUR BEST WIN THIS SEASON!
No I didn't miss the point.  But you almost got the point.  The point was there are still legitimate question marks about both Texarkana and LRCA.  There are questions about Texarkana because of McLellan getting stroked by PA as well as the weak schedule they faced and there are questions about LRCA because of the questions about Texarkana and being mercy ruled by PA. 

So throwing temper tantrums every time someone questions how good Texarkana really is doesn't make sense.  You don't see LRCA fans throwing temper tantrums and whining because they got dropped in the polls after that PA loss.  Not a single LRCA fan claimed that PA only won because Hill was out.  Some other teams fans eluded to it being a big factor but not one LRCA fan made the excuses that Texarkana fans are making.  So don't expect to gain much respect when all you offer is excuse after excuse for why you were the better team but got drummed and how lucky LRCA was they played Texarkana after injuries.   

Hogman2018

Man read after the game we both said congrats for you beating us! They deserved to win! What do you want us to do take out and ad and put it in the paper!

incogneto

Quote from: beach bum on November 24, 2018, 02:32:13 pm
Wow!  I like this guy!  Soccer fan walking in and throwing some major shade.  His post history is straight laced with brutally honest and simply stated shade.  He's like here's your "Hard to Swallow Pill, no you cannot have any water to wash it down."

AHS06

November 24, 2018, 11:10:49 pm #32 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:13:22 pm by AHS06
Quote from: incogneto on November 24, 2018, 10:42:29 pm
No I didn't miss the point.  But you almost got the point.  The point was there are still legitimate question marks about both Texarkana and LRCA.  There are questions about Texarkana because of McLellan getting stroked by PA as well as the weak schedule they faced and there are questions about LRCA because of the questions about Texarkana and being mercy ruled by PA. 

So throwing temper tantrums every time someone questions how good Texarkana really is doesn't make sense.  You don't see LRCA fans throwing temper tantrums and whining because they got dropped in the polls after that PA loss.  Not a single LRCA fan claimed that PA only won because Hill was out.  Some other teams fans eluded to it being a big factor but not one LRCA fan made the excuses that Texarkana fans are making.  So don't expect to gain much respect when all you offer is excuse after excuse for why you were the better team but got drummed and how lucky LRCA was they played Texarkana after injuries.
In my opinion there is no question mark regarding Texarkana.  Arkansas High had a good season, accomplished a lot, and lost to a team currently in the state title game.  Our schedule was not weak compared to many others and I'll put it up against any of the others in 5A.  I honestly do not care to dig for the posts regarding Hill or the posts PRIOR to the game.  I/We could care less about "gain much respect" because our name speaks for itself.  Facts are facts you guys beat a depleted Texarkana team that had you guys down at halftime, Congratulations.  I do believe LRCA has a good team and they are playing their best ball at the best time.  As stated before you are constantly trying to discredit Texarkana only makes LRCA appear weaker.  Just as Harrison was a legit team this year and lost by 21 points to the only quality team they played.  It has been echoed all season long PA, LRCA, Texarkana, LRMC, and Harrison are the class of the 5A conference this year.  I'll be at the game next week pulling for you guys.  If you guys can keep the momentum going and be prepared mentally I believe you win next week.

Sweet Feet

How the heck did this turn into a LRCA/Texarkana flame war? LR Christian smacked Texarkana in the mouth at their own place. there's nothing to else to talk about regarding that.

Hogman2018

Quote from: Sweet Feet on November 25, 2018, 02:14:59 am
How the heck did this turn into a LRCA/Texarkana flame war? LR Christian smacked Texarkana in the mouth at their own place. there's nothing to else to talk about regarding that.
Nobody said they didnt!! It might help if you the posts before you comment!!

Sweet Feet

Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 25, 2018, 09:45:53 am
Nobody said they didnt!! It might help if you the posts before you comment!!
I did and quite frankly i don't care. It sounds like you are salty because LRCA beat Texarkana. Leave it alone and stay on the original topic.

Hogman2018

Quote from: Sweet Feet on November 25, 2018, 02:14:23 pm
I did and quite frankly i don't care. It sounds like you are salty because LRCA beat Texarkana. Leave it alone and stay on the original topic.
And we dont care what you think Smelly Feet!! Go back and look I was the first one to congratulate them after they won!

Sweet Feet

Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 25, 2018, 03:17:52 pm
And we dont care what you think Smelly Feet!! Go back and look I was the first one to congratulate them after they won!
If you didn't care you would shut up. Btw Smelly feet? what are you, 8? Corny rear reply lol. Stay on topic and talk about the original post. Not LRC

Hogman2018

Quote from: Sweet Feet on November 25, 2018, 09:35:38 pm
If you didn't care you would shut up. Btw Smelly feet? what are you, 8? Corny rear reply lol. Stay on topic and talk about the original post. Not LRC
Im a grown man you dont need to tell me to SHUT up! This is a message board if you dont like what people says on it get off it!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas