• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McClellan at PA

Started by PA Dad, November 09, 2018, 09:36:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

This may be the best game of the second round.

Several posters have opined that McClellan is the team that can knock off PA.  McClellan has a grind it out run the clock offense - the kind that can give P.A. fits.  And McClellan came very close to beating PA the last time they played.

Can McClellan do it this time?

Jimmy1995

Looks like we will find out next week!

High Voltage

Red Devil Alum

Maynard G Krebs

JessieP

I'm really tempted to make the drive up there except I don't want to stand for two and a half hours. One of the best teams in the state year in and year out and the football stadium holds upwards of 20 people. If, and that's a massive if, PA is going to lose this year it will be this coming Friday.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on November 09, 2018, 09:36:29 pm

Several posters have opined that McClellan is the team that can knock off PA.  McClellan has a grind it out run the clock offense - the kind that can give P.A. fits.  And McClellan came very close to beating PA the last time they played.

Opined? That's a lot of scrabble points. There you go, Showin off yer fancy book lernin.

Hoghead2

McClellan reminds me of Bossier City Parkway somewhat.  If they can prevent the big play by PA they can win. However,  PA 42 LRM 35

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: JessieP on November 09, 2018, 10:36:44 pm
I'm really tempted to make the drive up there except I don't want to stand for two and a half hours. One of the best teams in the state year in and year out and the football stadium holds upwards of 20 people. If, and that's a massive if, PA is going to lose this year it will be this coming Friday.

Jessie, you are welcome to sit with me on the 50 yard line. I'll even spring for hot chocolate.  The last two games PA has played to nearly perfection.  They seem to be peaking at the right time. 

Ponca

I'd take a replay of that McClellen vs PA 5A championship game from recent memory. That was a fun watch.

Yellowcake

Jessie, take the offer and come be a guest. Love to meet you.

PA Dad

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 09, 2018, 11:20:14 pm
Jessie, you are welcome to sit with me on the 50 yard line. I'll even spring for hot chocolate.  The last two games PA has played to nearly perfection.  They seem to be peaking at the right time.

And I'll spring for dinner at David's Burgers before the game.  You'll be impressed if you haven't eaten there.

Yellowcake

Heck yes he will be impressed. You can't eat inside at sonic! Lots of firsts for Jessie if he comes! 😜

JessieP

I am seriously considering taking everyone up on their generous offers. It has the potential to be a great game, also has the potential to be another PA yawner. As far as David's Burgers, Is that one of your big city snooty falooty places that will make me wear shoes and a shirt?

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: JessieP on November 10, 2018, 12:28:27 am
I am seriously considering taking everyone up on their generous offers. It has the potential to be a great game, also has the potential to be another PA yawner. As far as David's Burgers, Is that one of your big city snooty falooty places that will make me wear shoes and a shirt?

Your Crocs and Carhartt overalls willl be fine. 

JacketFan

Quote from: JessieP on November 10, 2018, 12:28:27 am
Jesse, you can come hang out with me in Gobville, it will be a much better game to watch.  You really need to get out of the house, you might get cabin fever having to sit in there for all these playoff games.   ;D ;D

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on November 09, 2018, 11:54:29 pm
And I'll spring for dinner at David's Burgers before the game.  You'll be impressed if you haven't eaten there.

Throw in a limo ride and he'll jump on it  ;D

MDXPHD

I think I'm going to come to this game too. Should be a lot of fun. I'm gonna say PA wins by 2 scores though.

David's is great. Atmosphere is even better than the food.

I don't know the answer to this so not to ruffle feathers, but do Moody and Kelley still have some hostility from a few years ago?

PA Bruin Fan

November 10, 2018, 08:14:25 am #18 Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:17:38 am by PA Bruin Fan
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 10, 2018, 06:55:42 am
I think I'm going to come to this game too. Should be a lot of fun. I'm gonna say PA wins by 2 scores though.

I don't know the answer to this so not to ruffle feathers, but do Moody and Kelley still have some hostility from a few years ago?

I don't think so, they leave it all on the field.  I've seen interviews where both were very complementary of the other. 

I recall last year both team's coaches had a little bench pressing competition via YouTube video.  Good fun

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 10, 2018, 08:14:25 am
I don't think so, they leave it all on the field.  I've seen interviews where both were very complementary of the other. 

I recall last year both team's coaches had a little bench pressing competition via YouTube video.  Good fun

I remember that too. I just figured since they're both competitors then it was something else to compete for!

Reddington

Go Postal

I think that this will be a very interesting game.  I hope that I can see this game on the following day on PAs video site.

PA can put up the points but their 1st, 2nd and 3rd defense squads have given up points in the triple digits.
Pulaski Academy 10-1  PF 590  PA 230

Where McClellan's defensive squads are 2nd to Harrison of not giving up points and can put points on the board also.
McClellan 10-1 PF 438  PA 98

(Harrison 11-0  PF 479  PA 84)

Yellowcake

You come, you better say hi and introduce yourself my friend!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PA Dad on November 09, 2018, 09:36:29 pm

Nope!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 09, 2018, 11:20:14 pm

If Jesse sits with you, make sure he doesn't bring his pea shooter because I don't want him hitting the back of my head.

I'm good for a cup of hot chocolate to entice his attendance.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 10, 2018, 09:43:27 am
You come, you better say hi and introduce yourself my friend!

You know I wouldn't make a trip without introducing myself! I'll be in touch towards the end of the week.

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 10, 2018, 09:56:45 am
If Jesse sits with you, make sure he doesn't bring his pea shooter because I don't want him hitting the back of my head.

I'm good for a cup of hot chocolate to entice his attendance.

In the stands or in the Limo? Big difference 8)

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Overdahill on November 10, 2018, 09:59:08 am
In the stands or in the Limo? Big difference 8)

While I've never met Jesse, I'm inclined not to let him near my limo driver.  She is a bit naive and may succumb to a smooth, suave Pioneer man.

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 10, 2018, 10:02:25 am
While I've never met Jesse, I'm inclined not to let him near my limo driver.  She is a bit naive and may succumb to a smooth, suave Pioneer man.

Beware Jessie the Possum :o

PA Dad

You're invited to dinner at David's on me.

JacketFan

I have got a feeling this will be a great game, if I wasn't traveling up to Goblinville to cheer on my Jackets, I would definitely be at this game or the Blytheville Motown game.  Good luck to you guys next week, and please be nice to JesseP, he is still a little emotional about the Neers missing out on the playoffs.  I think Maynard should let him hangout in the limo for about an hour, that should make him feel better about his team coming up short.   :D ;D ;D :D

the voice

nightowl

I believe that Coach Moody will give it his all and come out with a win McClellan wins this one and go on and win state

Runnin With The Pack

McCllelan struggled w/a solid VV team last night. I think PA wins comfortably.

Jimmy1995

They didn't struggle with VV, they struggled with themselves. When they started to play like they were supposed to, they ran off with it. Then started struggling with themselves again. If we play like we did last night , next week. We will lose.
Quote from: Runnin With The Pack on November 10, 2018, 11:27:53 am
McCllelan struggled w/a solid VV team last night. I think PA wins comfortably.

PA Dad

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 10, 2018, 11:57:00 am
They didn't struggle with VV, they struggled with themselves. When they started to play like they were supposed to, they ran off with it. Then started struggling with themselves again. If we play like we did last night , next week. We will lose.

I expect that Coach Moody will have them ready.  They usually play well against PA.

I am very impressed with what Moody has done at McClellan.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 10, 2018, 12:50:11 am
Your Crocs and Carhartt overalls willl be fine.

Crocs and Carhartt? Is this a restaurant or Church? If I come to the game I better move up bathin day to Friday. I may even gussy up with my Avon cologne with the bottle shaped like a race car.

the voice

When's the last time they beat PA ? Has moody ever ??

"I expect that Coach Moody will have them ready.  They usually play well against PA."
Coach Kelley and the Bruin Coaches will take McClellan and everyone else for granted.
That is how they have been successful enough to win seven state championships (including the last four in a row).
Yep, that's it PA gets "outworked" and "overlooks" their opponents.

PA Bruin Fan

I'm watching some LRM film and seeing Cover Zero?  Do they run that a lot? 

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 11, 2018, 04:31:35 pm
I'm watching some LRM film and seeing Cover Zero?  Do they run that a lot?

I hope so ;)

Runnin With The Pack

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 10, 2018, 11:57:00 am

PA will win by 14 or more...

NEASPORTSFAN

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: Overdahill on November 11, 2018, 04:37:31 pm
I hope so ;)

Me too.   That's not going to work so well against PA.  #4 and #5 will have a big, big night

Zeus

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: JessieP on November 10, 2018, 12:40:35 pm
Crocs and Carhartt? Is this a restaurant or Church? If I come to the game I better move up bathin day to Friday. I may even gussy up with my Avon cologne with the bottle shaped like a race car.
OMG that's funny!  Please come visit us!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JessieP on November 10, 2018, 12:40:35 pm

Isn't that the knock off Old Spice scent?  Should that be the case, Yellowcake, PA Dad  and I will rely on our sophisticated olfactory senses to identify you and lead you to the snack bar for hot chocolate and your reserved seating on the 50 yard line.

Really hope you will attend.

JacketFan

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 11, 2018, 09:36:43 pm
Isn't that the knock off Old Spice scent?  Should that be the case, Yellowcake, PA Dad  and I will rely on our sophisticated olfactory senses to identify you and lead you to the snack bar for hot chocolate and your reserved seating on the 50 yard line.

Really hope you will attend.
These big words hurt my head, please refrain from making smoke come out of my head, sniffer would have been sufficient, and JesseP would have understood it even wearing his Carharts and Joe Dirt haircut.   ;D ;D ;D

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JacketFan on November 11, 2018, 09:45:05 pm
These big words hurt my head, please refrain from making smoke come out of my head, sniffer would have been sufficient, and JesseP would have understood it even wearing his Carharts and Joe Dirt haircut.   ;D ;D ;D

+1

Go Postal

If the Bruins wins, I understand that PA would have the semifinal at home because they are a 1st seed on the top tier of the lower bracket but I have a hypothetical question.

What if McClellan wins over PA and Harrison wins over Wynne.  Wouldn't the semifinal game be held in Harrison because they are a 1st seed on the bottom tier of the lower bracket and McClellan is a 2nd seed on the top tier of the lower bracket?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas