• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beebe at Vilonia

Started by InYoGrill, September 09, 2018, 10:18:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

InYoGrill

Classic rivalry. This game use to be over by 830pm when V ran the double wing and BB with their Dead T. Run, run, run... Now V throws a good amount with some runs. V has been run over the past 2 games playing top ten teams- LRC and Maumelle. This should be a better game with the Badgers. BB seems to have an average team this year from their first couple games played.

MikeBond what are your thoughts so far on the Badgers?

HeberFan

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 09, 2018, 10:18:38 pm
Classic rivalry. This game use to be over by 830pm when V ran the double wing and BB with their Dead T. Run, run, run... Now V throws a good amount with some runs. V has been run over the past 2 games playing top ten teams- LRC and Maumelle. This should be a better game with the Badgers. BB seems to have an average team this year from their first couple games played.

MikeBond what are your thoughts so far on the Badgers?

Beebe wins this one.

InYoGrill

Quote from: HeberFan on September 10, 2018, 10:35:47 am
Beebe wins this one.

If I wasn't a V fan I would agree easily. Being at home, I am hoping V has enough home mojo to pull it out. I root for BB every game but this one. I plan to watch them both slug it out Fri. Hope BB brings their band, they put on a great show and know how to pump the crowd up.

HeberFan

Viilonia has size, however, I saw a much smaller but faster Mayflower team dice them up in a pre-season scrimmage.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 10, 2018, 11:38:00 am
If I wasn't a V fan I would agree easily. Being at home, I am hoping V has enough home mojo to pull it out. I root for BB every game but this one. I plan to watch them both slug it out Fri. Hope BB brings their band, they put on a great show and know how to pump the crowd up.

Same, IYG. Beebe is my alma mater, so I root for them in everything except when they play Vilonia. Can't root against my employer, hahaha.

The Future

InYoGrill

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on September 10, 2018, 02:32:16 pm
Same, IYG. Beebe is my alma mater, so I root for them in everything except when they play Vilonia. Can't root against my employer, hahaha.

Nice Coach. I look for a great competitive game and crowds on both sides. This game fills both sides up every year they play.

InYoGrill

Quote from: The Future on September 10, 2018, 04:00:41 pm
BB gun 35
Villanova 21

Hey dawg, you miss your old west buddies? Got Alma back, now waiting on you to drop down. LOL! I would take a thumping each year to have the dawgpound back in conference.  ;D

The Future

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 10, 2018, 09:49:34 pm
Hey dawg, you miss your old west buddies? Got Alma back, now waiting on you to drop down. LOL! I would take a thumping each year to have the dawgpound back in conference.  ;D

You know it, FlockofEagles!  :D

Well we all know coaches don't last forever. Sooner or later the professor will retire here from Greenwood. After that who knows. Vtown could start doing some thumping of their own on these Bullpuppies lol

incogneto

Picking V-town to get thier first win here. 

InYoGrill

Quote from: incogneto on September 11, 2018, 03:18:12 pm
Picking V-town to get thier first win here.

Alright InCogneto! We need all the confidence we can get this season.  ;)

vtown1

Quote from: HeberFan on September 10, 2018, 12:15:44 pm
Viilonia has size, however, I saw a much smaller but faster Mayflower team dice them up in a pre-season scrimmage.
What does a scrimmage against Mayflower (who runs the same spread offense as us) have to do with this match up vs. Beebe (who runs the Dead T)? Yes, Mayflower did dice us up in the first few minutes of the scrimmage, however, once Vilonia got settled down Mayflower struggled to gain yards against us.

Go Postal

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 10, 2018, 11:38:00 am
Quote from: VHSCoach2 on September 10, 2018, 02:32:16 pm
Hey guys, do what I do when the Goblins play my alma mater, the Bombers, cheer for both when they do a great play.  The positive side is that no matter who wins, your team did.

incogneto

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 11, 2018, 05:32:39 pm
Alright InCogneto! We need all the confidence we can get this season.  ;)
Just looking at strengths and weaknesses I think VTown matches up well against Beebe. 

InYoGrill

Quote from: incogneto on September 12, 2018, 09:58:14 am
Just looking at strengths and weaknesses I think VTown matches up well against Beebe.

Yes, we tend to mirror each other in many ways, especially considering all these young men live with 30 or so miles from each other. BB though tends to be a physically stronger team than most. They take great pride in lifting as evidence with their time in state meets. Both teams usually have their share of small town hard nosed young men. Not overly athletic but enjoy the game of football as well as other sports. Should be a great team with even talent and good coaching.

04DW

Vilonia needs to jump on Beebe early. As many of the Eagle fans know, if you can pour on 2 or 3 scores early on a physical, ball control style offense then you are more than likely going to win. If the Eagles let the Badgers stay around into the 4th, I could see Beebe taking the W. When you've been beaten down for 3+ quarters, it is hard to bow your neck and get that pivotal stop. I personally know that when Vilonia ran their Double Wing the linemen and fullback loved blocking in the 4th quarter when the game was close. It is much easier to kick out that defensive end after you have put him on his back for 3 quarters straight. 

HeberFan

Beebe will score early and lead the entire game.

Go Postal

Is this game going to be streamed on the VEFF YouTube channel? 

InYoGrill

September 13, 2018, 09:37:42 pm #18 Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:58:13 am by InYoGrill
Quote from: Go Postal on September 13, 2018, 06:56:56 pm
Is this game going to be streamed on the VEFF YouTube channel?

Yes Postal. I believe every game may possibly be aired. The play by play announcers has always great and the web quality has improved dramatically from last year.

Our Football Foundation is fabulous and work very hard. I am very happy to see the impact VEFF has had on the program. Hopefully the Wins will follow some down the road.

Bondfan4ever

Friday night should be a great night, weather wise.  We're expecting a great crowd for the renewal of the "Battle of Highway 64".

HeberFan

Saltilloswag

Hopefully Coach Langrell gets his first win as an Eagle.  A Vilonia Eagle that is.   

InYoGrill

Quote from: Saltilloswag on September 14, 2018, 02:20:04 pm
Hopefully Coach Langrell gets his first win as an Eagle.  A Vilonia Eagle that is.   

+1

PA Dad

Congrats to Vilonia.  Good win over a solid team.

incogneto

InYoGrill

Typical tough rival game with our 64 neighbors. Sure glad to see us pull it out especially at home. Our crowds have been fairly good. It was a great Friday night atmosphere for high school football. Bands, good crowd, and weather was good.

First win for Coach L was very nice. He is working really hard along with many new members of coaching staff to bring competitiveness back to the Eagle Program.

Coach_Rick_Vice

Beebe coaches quite possibly might be the biggest babies I've ever witnessed.  I left at half but my goodness they coached 2% and yelled at the refs the other 98% of the time.

Bondfan4ever

Friday night's game was one of the most entertaining games I have broadcast in 20 years in radio play by play.  The second half, especially the last 5 or so minutes of the game, was action packed.  I was very impressed w/ the Eagles, especially the QB.  Good luck to Vilonia the rest of the way.  Now, its on to conference action for both teams.

Saltilloswag

Congrats to Vilonia on it's first home win in two years.   Hopefully good things ahead for the Eagles!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas