• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LR Christian at Vilonia

Started by InYoGrill, August 29, 2018, 06:03:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

InYoGrill

Okay Grill will kick V thread off for the 2018 season. New coach, new helmets/uni's, and new attitude. After being DRUMMED by EVERYONE the past 2 years, it will be interesting to see how this season breaks in with the new coach and philosophy. I expect a large home crowd Friday in V. I hope we will be play hard for 4 quarters and give LRC everything we got. No surprise here that LRC is predicted to do well this year. Fitz Hill's son should be exciting to watch when he touches the ball.

Go Eagles!

NEASPORTSFAN

Best wishes to Vilonia, but I'll take Christian by 42

PA Dad

I wish you luck but I think LRCA takes this one.

Overdahill

If the Philadelphia Eagles can soar, why not the Vilonia Eagles :D

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Overdahill on August 29, 2018, 07:59:19 pm
If the Philadelphia Eagles can soar, why not the Vilonia Eagles :D
LRCA to much I think

incogneto

I am excited to see Vilonia grow into a modern spread under a capable coach in Todd Langrell.  I think there will be some growing pains.  The OL is not accustomed to pass blocking.  The QB won't know hots and will hold the ball to long.  The WR will not know how to adjust to stems and leverage of defenders.  So they will take some lumps early.  I just hope the community watches them and understands that they won't see what this team can be until a few games into the season when things start to click.  This is not unlike what I expect from the Razorbacks offense this year. 

WTD

How did Vilonia do in their scrimmage/benefit game?

Go Postal

I hear that they put on a great halftime show

or pantherblue said if you slip a twenty to IYG, he will dance for you in center field. :o

Overdahill

Quote from: Go Postal on August 30, 2018, 03:24:26 pm
I hear that they put on a great halftime show

or pantherblue said if you slip a twenty to IYG, he will dance for you in center field. :o

Ok as long as that special "throne" seating that PB speaks of is not involved  ;D

InYoGrill

Quote from: Overdahill on August 30, 2018, 04:04:31 pm
Ok as long as that special "throne" seating that PB speaks of is not involved  ;D

Haha, love it. Thanks for putting that goob panther on the thread. I haven't heard about the scrimmage. Does anyone know who they played? When your kids graduate, each year that goes by it is harder to know the inner workings of the program. I will be in my custom spot at Eagle stadium tomorrow night to check out the action.

InYoGrill

V gettin punished early.  Start of 2 nd Q. Christian 22-0

VHSCoach2

I think V has two or three turnovers, LRCA with 1. V had two drives stall inside the Warriors 10.

InYoGrill

Smoking fest by Christian. On side kicks.  Time outs with less than 2 mins in half. Trying to embarrass V before half.  43-0

pantherblue

InYoGrill

To LRC credit they are precision with Hill's passing and receivers catching everything throw near them.  Their mini Dyer double is having his way through our D.  We can't tackle him. Not the best home confidence game V needed with new coach and system

RazorDad

Vilonia starters playing well against LRCA 2nd string.

incogneto

The onside kick was a muffed sky kick.  Not intended. 

InYoGrill

Quote from: incogneto on August 31, 2018, 09:36:01 pm
The onside kick was a muffed sky kick.  Not intended.

Good to know Cog. LRC was by far in a class of their own on V's field. They will win many games no doubt.

Rocket23

I thought Vilonia has got the tools and I like the new coach's offense.  It will take an adjustment time.  Nice runs and good throws and catches.  It will come if they have patience I believe.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Rocket23 on August 31, 2018, 10:52:13 pm
I thought Vilonia has got the tools and I like the new coach's offense.  It will take an adjustment time.  Nice runs and good throws and catches.  It will come if they have patience I believe.

Same here Rocket. I believe the school will be very patient with Coach L. In time we should be a contender in conference. This year will be full of growing pains but I really like the fight we had in the second half! Though against LRC JV, we looked composed and fought hard.

STUNNA

Sounds like Hill had another good performance at qb

InYoGrill

Quote from: STUNNA on September 03, 2018, 09:08:05 am
Sounds like Hill had another good performance at qb

He backed up his hype. Very composed, looked great in the pocket. Very little indecision with pin point accuracy. Receivers blocked like beasts and caught everything thrown to them. Good line protection as well. They were dominant and over matched V from the start. Tough first game for V! We will get better.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas