• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's Just Appreciate the Fact That PA...

Started by AT, August 25, 2018, 12:04:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

Just Beat Har-Ber and handed them their worst loss ever. Even if this is Har-Ber's worst team ever, that is simply amazing. They made a 7A West traditional power look like a 2A school.

Also, this is PA's "DOWN YEAR"

KK is one of the top 5 coaches in Arkansas regardless of level.

JessieP

Quote from: Almatrackster on August 25, 2018, 12:04:44 pm
Just Beat Har-Ber and handed them their worst loss ever. Even if this is Har-Ber's worst team ever, that is simply amazing. They made a 7A West traditional power look like a 2A school.

I'd say that's not only a fair statement but a bit conservative. If he's not the best he's in that conversation. It would be a MJ/Kobe/LeBron type debate. My only issues regarding KK was I felt he piled on opponents (Puppy kicking) or when some people would post "KK should be named Razorback coach" (Laughable). As far as Arkansas high school football coaches go he's on the Mt Rushmore.

P.F.G.

I wouldn't say HC at Arkansas but just like Rick jones. I'd love to have them on staff and helping out with the day to day practice and meetings. Guys just know how to win even in "down years."

STUNNA

KK, Jones, Hembree, Dawson, Bolding... am i missing anyone? Lol

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: STUNNA on August 26, 2018, 10:43:45 am
KK, Jones, Hembree, Dawson, Bolding... am i missing anyone? Lol
I'd say that's about right

scrapdig

KK is in a class all by himself.  Can't even compare him with those guys. 

Hogman2018

Maynard G Krebs

August 26, 2018, 08:42:44 pm #7 Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 08:45:13 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: Hogman2018 on August 26, 2018, 08:08:02 pm
I would take Jones over Kelley any day!

Kelley thanks you 😜

Seriously,   Both guys are in a league of their own.

scrapdig

HeberFan

Lots of quality coaches in Arkansas, many of whom you never hear. No need to rank them.

scrapdig

Quote from: HeberFan on August 27, 2018, 10:51:33 am
Lots of quality coaches in Arkansas, many of whom you never hear. No need to rank them.
And lots of really bad ones

HeberFan

scrapdig

The A-Team

I think Reed from El Dorado and Buck James could be on the list.

pantherblue

I would have to add coach Tribble to the list. Amazing how he turned Greenbrier around in such a short time. Greenbrier is not a top talent bed in the state or even county. Tribble does the most with the least.

HeberFan

Quote from: pantherblue on August 28, 2018, 08:21:58 pm
I would have to add coach Tribble to the list. Amazing how he turned Greenbrier around in such a short time. Greenbrier is not a top talent bed in the state or even county. Tribble does the most with the least.

Player turnout has been really good.  Greenbrier does indeed have a quality program.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Don't let this trickle down to the almost 8 1/2 man board (2A).  If Carpenter isn't on that list, then the JC fans will be all up in here peeing on the furniture

JessieP

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on August 29, 2018, 02:11:57 pm
Don't let this trickle down to the almost 8 1/2 man board (2A).  If Carpenter isn't on that list, then the JC fans will be all up in here peeing on the furniture

We can't have that. The board just recently got me housebroken, I do occasionally still chew pillows and socks.

InYoGrill

I predicted that Harber would take PA- thinking it was a little down from past talent. Boy was I wrong. Hats off to the PA program and Coach K. He is an amazing coach that just knows how to compete and win and make it look easy even against the largest schools in the state. Good to see him stay so long at one school and that PA plays up for whoever will play them both in state and outside of it.

PA Dad

I'm one of those who said this would be a down year for PA.  One game doesn't prove me wrong but it does give me hope that I am.

We'll see which PA shows up the rest of the year - the one who looked awful in the scrimmage or the one who looked very good against Har- Bar.

High Voltage

PA will win the 5A hands down...nobody there to compete with...

Hogman2018

Quote from: High Voltage on August 30, 2018, 10:01:20 am
PA will win the 5A hands down...nobody there to compete with...
Hands down dont think so! They will have to earn it!!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Hogman2018 on August 30, 2018, 10:27:23 am
Hands down dont think so! They will have to earn it!!

No cake walk for any team on way to WMS

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on August 30, 2018, 11:39:11 am
No cake walk for any team on way to WMS

Yep, there were nail biters last year and this year will be no different in that regard except maybe there will be more of them :D

AHS06

I just don't understand the hype.  PA gets pushed all over the field against a good 7A team and everyone is worried that PA is down.  PA beats up a below average 7A team that has lost transfers during the off season, and now they can't be stopped.

PA will have to earn everything this year and they might not be so lucky in those close games this year.

HeberFan

Quote from: AHS06 on August 30, 2018, 12:59:05 pm
I just don't understand the hype.  PA gets pushed all over the field against a good 7A team and everyone is worried that PA is down.  PA beats up a below average 7A team that has lost transfers during the off season, and now they can't be stopped.

PA will have to earn everything this year and they might not be so lucky in those close games this year.

Isn't that the case every year, for every team ?

AHS06

Quote from: HeberFan on August 30, 2018, 01:04:28 pm
Isn't that the case every year, for every team ?
Yes.  However, there are a lot of people who do not understand that concept.

Overdahill

Quote from: AHS06 on August 30, 2018, 02:02:12 pm
Yes.  However, there are a lot of people who do not understand that concept.

Just ignore them; it works for me  :D

High Voltage

I'll take PA against the entire 5A to win state for any amount you guys want. Who is going to beat them?

Morrilton = NO!
Alma = NO!
Wynne = NO!

Texarkana is going to be good I think, but they will not beat PA.

LR Christian = NO!
Batesville = NO!
Parkview = NO!

Am I missing someone? I just don't see it, and trust me I would like to see PA go 0-10. PA would play at least into the Semi's in the 6A if not in the title game. I would like to see KK go to Cabot next year and see what he could accomplish in the 7A. That would be fun to watch.

HeberFan

I think coaches should call MORE plays that score touchdowns. Don't know why they bother with all the others...

High Voltage

Quote from: HeberFan on August 30, 2018, 02:48:48 pm
I think coaches should call MORE plays that score touchdowns. Don't know why they bother with all the others...
Exactly!

Overdahill

Quote from: High Voltage on August 30, 2018, 02:47:45 pm
I'll take PA against the entire 5A to win state for any amount you guys want. Who is going to beat them?

Morrilton = NO!
Alma = NO!
Wynne = NO!

LR Christian = NO!
Batesville = NO!
Parkview = NO!

Am I missing someone? I just don't see it, and trust me I would like to see PA go 0-10. PA would play at least into the Semi's in the 6A if not in the title game. I would like to see KK go to Cabot next year and see what he could accomplish in the 7A. That would be fun to watch.

McClellan? they almost did it twice recently

High Voltage

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: High Voltage on August 30, 2018, 02:47:45 pm

Morrilton = NO!
Alma = NO!
Wynne = NO!

LR Christian = NO!
Batesville = NO!
Parkview = NO!

There is no air in Cabot to put in the balls.   ;)

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: AHS06 on August 30, 2018, 12:59:05 pm

Hype probably comes from 4 straight state championships and a 40+ game in State winning streak.

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on August 30, 2018, 03:46:46 pm

Its a great field for onsides kick recoveries though  :D

Maynard G Krebs

High Voltage

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on August 30, 2018, 03:46:46 pm

Cabot? Malham's playbook has fewer offensive plays than Tecmo Bowl teams did. 3 run plays and one pass play.

HeberFan

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on August 30, 2018, 11:17:57 pm
Cabot? Malham's playbook has fewer offensive plays than Tecmo Bowl teams did. 3 run plays and one pass play.

There was a time when Oklahoma only needed one play --- sweep !

bulldogger15

Quote from: scrapdig on August 26, 2018, 07:30:55 pm
KK is in a class all by himself.  Can't even compare him with those guys.

Yes, KK is in a class by himself. One arrogant SOB. great coach, but man....

No way Kevin Kelly is above Ricky Don Jones. Nope, no, noway......

GO BULLDOGS!!!

InYoGrill

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on August 30, 2018, 11:17:57 pm

Last season for Malham at Cabot. Wonder who will get this job after the season?

Overdahill

Quote from: bulldogger15 on August 31, 2018, 11:13:21 am

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Geeze Louise, Fredie Krueger (aka Buldogger) is back

Redwolves8526

Quote from: bulldogger15 on August 31, 2018, 11:13:21 am

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Who has more state championships?

bulldogger15

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on August 31, 2018, 11:56:54 am
Who has given out more "scholarships"?

GO BULLDOGS!!!

The Future

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on August 31, 2018, 11:56:54 am

Are we talking at their current schools or overall?

Cause they each have 7 at their current schools.
KK- 03,08,11,14,15,16,17
RJ- 05,06,07,10,11,12,17

However Rick has a title from Edmond High sometime in the 80s I believe. I don't know about Kelley. Someone could fill me in on his previous coaching places.

HeberFan

Don't see a reason to compare anyone with anyone.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: bulldogger15 on August 31, 2018, 12:13:25 pm

GO BULLDOGS!!!
GW pays for every player they have, even the books. So mark that one up to KK I guess.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: bulldogger15 on August 31, 2018, 12:13:25 pm

An even tougher question, which school has douchier posters on FF?  Its a close battle.

Maynard G Krebs

The Fearless Friday IQ dropped today like the Black Friday stock market

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas