• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strong football

Started by Rida4Life, April 09, 2018, 11:12:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rida4Life

What the heck is going on down there?
Hearing all types of rumors and people leaving/not leaving...... what is going on?
will they field a team?  do they have a coach?

mhfcharlesi

Yep rumors are going around..I'm sure someone on this board knows more about the situation

HG Hornet

If Strong folds.........then the 2A-8 will have Hermitage, Woodlawn, and now a 3rd team that might not make the season.  I'm glad CHG has gone back to 3A. 

purpleswag

8 man football, 8 man football, 8 man football. When is the AAA going to get smart??

WorkOrder

Quote from: purpleswag on April 09, 2018, 05:57:00 pm
8 man football, 8 man football, 8 man football. When is the AAA going to get smart??

NEVER

blueandwhite

Quote from: WorkOrder on April 10, 2018, 07:45:58 am
NEVER

Or co-op teams. Neighboring school districts can combine to form 1 team.

old.dole

Some schools already practice the co op system

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: purpleswag on April 09, 2018, 05:57:00 pm
More consolidation.

purpleswag

Quote from: blueandwhite on April 10, 2018, 11:33:35 am
Or co-op teams. Neighboring school districts can combine to form 1 team.

IDK about this. This would raise more questions and problems than just allowing some of these schools to play 8man

HorseFeathers

Why don't the schools just get together and push the issue....it worked for bowling and soccer....

eldofan

Doesn't look like strong has a head fb coach according to the Eldo news times .

NWA Hawg

Quote from: eldofan on April 14, 2018, 12:13:12 pm
Doesn't look like strong has a head fb coach according to the Eldo news times .

I saw where the son was arrested but he is still employed by the district.

eldofan

Good to know then. Hopefully they can field a team

NWA Hawg

Quote from: eldofan on April 14, 2018, 12:37:00 pm
Good to know then. Hopefully they can field a team

Yeah hopefully. Of course it's going to be hard to keep his job with the accusations

old.dole

Guilty until proven innocent these days.

swarkball

They need some more Kenneth Dixon's down there. He's a once in a lifetime player though

PapaHog

They also had a pretty good coach to go along with a once in a lifetime player.

old.dole

Didn't Dixon play for Johnny Jackson?

eldofan

Can't remember his name but he went to Waldron the next year

NWA Hawg

Quote from: old.dole on April 19, 2018, 07:28:11 am
Didn't Dixon play for Johnny Jackson?

Shane Davis was the head coach when Dixon played.

old.dole

Jackson may have been the d coordinator then because he is the girls b-ball at Camden fairview

NWA Hawg

Quote from: old.dole on April 19, 2018, 07:55:45 am
Jackson may have been the d coordinator then because he is the girls b-ball at Camden fairview

Possibly so.

Rida4Life

so when does the state step in and shut them down.  The rumor in this area is that it's a total joke of a school district.

old.dole

What school district would want Strong the most?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: old.dole on April 19, 2018, 12:11:06 pm
What school district would want Strong the most?

Split them up like Stephens?

PapaHog

Jackson was the head coach when they won it all with Dixon.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: PapaHog on April 19, 2018, 01:17:11 pm
Jackson was the head coach when they won it all with Dixon.

No Shane Davis was the head coach.

eldofan

old.dole

Smartest thing he ever did was put Dixon at qb and not rb

PapaHog

Then what was Jackson that year and when did he take over as HC?

NWA Hawg

Quote from: PapaHog on April 19, 2018, 03:36:25 pm
Then what was Jackson that year and when did he take over as HC?

Seems like Jackson was the DC that year. He took over the next year when Davis went to Waldron. Davis has done very little since.

baseball13

Davis was the head coach but after the PC game that year the superintendent stepped in and demoted Davis and gave Jackson the reigns. Davis was still listed as the Head coach of the team but was an assistant on the sidelines.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: baseball13 on April 19, 2018, 04:46:35 pm
Davis was the head coach but after the PC game that year the superintendent stepped in and demoted Davis and gave Jackson the reigns. Davis was still listed as the Head coach of the team but was an assistant on the sidelines.

Not true but ok.

PapaHog

I know Jackson pretty well and that sounds a lot more like what he told me. Just didn't know if it happened during the season or after.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: PapaHog on April 19, 2018, 05:36:39 pm
I know Jackson pretty well and that sounds a lot more like what he told me. Just didn't know if it happened during the season or after.

I'm sure he did.

PapaHog

NWA Hawg

Quote from: PapaHog on April 19, 2018, 05:46:55 pm
Whatever that means..

It means I'm sure he did tell you that. Nothing else.

old.dole

Jackson is a pretty high class guy I seriously doubt he would just go around spouting that off

bleudog

Quote from: baseball13 on April 19, 2018, 04:46:35 pm

I understood Jerry Langston took over game management without taking the title of head coach.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: bleudog on April 19, 2018, 06:17:34 pm
I understood Jerry Langston took over game management without taking the title of head coach.

That's the truth to it. I know Jerry well and that was what happened. He took over all playcalling duties on the offensive side of the ball halfway through the season.

PapaHog

You calling my guy a liar? Lol he never claimed he was calling the shots. Just that he was moved to head coach. He did say he had more of a hand in on defense.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: fann07 on April 19, 2018, 06:38:51 pm
That's the truth to it. I know Jerry well and that was what happened. He took over all playcalling duties on the offensive side of the ball halfway through the season.

That's what Jerry Langston told me personally as well.    Though Langston told me that he basically called the same things that Coach Davis was calling but that it was an issue of player (and fan confidence) that had taken a beating with the shocking and bizarre loss to PC.

As the playoffs went on it was basically Coach Langston who was the "figurehead" and Coach Davis who was calling the shots again but by then Strong was rolling and no one cared.

I often miss working at Strong. 

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on April 19, 2018, 10:47:18 pm
That's what Jerry Langston told me personally as well.    Though Langston told me that he basically called the same things that Coach Davis was calling but that it was an issue of player (and fan confidence) that had taken a beating with the shocking and bizarre loss to PC.

As the playoffs went on it was basically Coach Langston who was the "figurehead" and Coach Davis who was calling the shots again but by then Strong was rolling and no one cared.

Yep that's what I got out of it as well. Jackson was never the head coach that year. Not in title or behind the scenes.

baseball13

Quote from: fann07 on April 20, 2018, 06:18:35 am
Yep that's what I got out of it as well. Jackson was never the head coach that year. Not in title or behind the scenes.

well dont you know everything. guys if you ever need to know anything about anything just ask fann07.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: baseball13 on April 20, 2018, 07:28:17 am
well dont you know everything. guys if you ever need to know anything about anything just ask fann07.

That's right! I can confirm he is correct on that statement.  ;D

WHITEchicken

Dixon was in fact the OC, DC, HC, QB, HB, and I heard rumors he drove the bus as well.

NWA Hawg

April 20, 2018, 08:26:50 am #46 Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:28:57 am by fann07
Quote from: WHITEchicken on April 20, 2018, 08:24:11 am
Dixon was in fact the OC, DC, HC, QB, HB, and I heard rumors he drove the bus as well.

That we can agree on. Everyone else was just along for the ride.

bleudog

April 20, 2018, 08:46:43 am #47 Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 09:16:24 am by bleudog
Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on April 19, 2018, 10:47:18 pm

I think Langston's mid-season role change was less for play calling and more for personnel assignment.  Davis thought KD would be more effective at the RB spot, Langston let KD go all Scam Newton on folks at QB.  It eventually became obvious to even Davis that KD could do the most damage to opponents from behind center.  At that point, Davis "danced with who brung him."

bleudog

April 20, 2018, 08:52:46 am #48 Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 09:15:03 am by bleudog
Quote from: WHITEchicken on April 20, 2018, 08:24:11 am

I saw him kick a 30+ yard, if I remember right, field goal at Junction in the semi-final game.

that1guy2110

so who in their right mind is going to take this job knowing they more than likely will not have a program in a year or two?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas