• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

West/Central Region at Magazine

Started by BigLion10, February 18, 2018, 09:41:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigLion10

A little bit of both actually Alma. I could be wrong and Lighthouse run away with that, but I think Eureka upsets Lighthouse tonight

Bildo

Quote from: Flobbito on February 22, 2018, 01:14:14 pm
On thebgirls side is anyone touching Quitman?
They will have to be able to handle their pressure in your face defense... I honestly do not see them having any trouble.

Rackjack74

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 22, 2018, 11:10:15 am
Predictions for Tonight's Games
Girls
Danville vs Bigelow 4:00
Pangburn vs Hackett 7:00
Boys
Hackett vs England 5:30
Lighthouse vs Eureka 8:30

I got Bigelow Pangburn girls, England and Eureka boys

I'll be surprised if Eureka beats Lighthouse...but I guess anything is possible in post season.

AT

girlsbbfanatic

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 22, 2018, 11:10:15 am
Predictions for Tonight's Games
Girls
Danville vs Bigelow 4:00
Pangburn vs Hackett 7:00
Boys
Hackett vs England 5:30
Lighthouse vs Eureka 8:30

I got Bigelow Pangburn girls, England and Eureka boys

I say Bigelow Pangburn England and JLH

Flobbito

Bigelow Sr. girls are going to be salty over the next few years.

girlsbbfanatic

On the girls side is anyone touching Quitman?

I have seen Quitman girls look like crap this year more than once. They have 2 or 3 of those girls with horrible attitudes on the court. There coach is a screamer but I saw some of them scream right back at him. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone come up and knock them off.

girlsbbfanatic

Magazine has a nice gym but parking was horrible. Arent they suppose to have people out there helping with directing cars. It was a disaster last night.

BigLion10

AT

Boys

England - 54
Hackett - 43

Final

Hackett led at the end of the 3rd. Eureka is the only one avoiding a Central sweep

Cheek

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 22, 2018, 06:55:43 pm
Boys

England - 54
Hackett - 43

Final

Hackett led at the end of the 3rd. Eureka is the only one avoiding a Central sweep

I thought this would be a good game.  Eureka had better slow it way down or LH will run them out of the gym.

JCWLADYREBELDAD

HorseFeathers

AT

Hackett 58
Pangburn 50

Final

Looks like West and Central girls were close this year

JCWLADYREBELDAD

Westside/Hackett rematch on Friday night. They didn't play all year and now they match up for the 2nd time in 7 days.

AT

Jacksonville Lighthouse 43
Eureka Springs 32

Central sweeps West in boys

MICHAELSPAPPY

On the girls side is anyone touching Quitman?

Quitman looked good in the first game, but not overwhelming; but I figure they were playing well enough to win. I have not seen anyone I thought could beat them.

BigLion10

Semi Finals today

Girls
Quitman vs Bigelow 4:00
JC Westside vs Hackett 7:00

Boys
Quitman vs England 5:30
Lighthouse vs WCC 8:30

I got Quitman and JC W girls, England and WCC Boys

FromTheBench

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 23, 2018, 08:41:25 am
Semi Finals today

Girls
Quitman vs Bigelow 4:00
JC Westside vs Hackett 7:00

Boys
Quitman vs England 5:30
Lighthouse vs WCC 8:30

I got Quitman and JC W girls, England and WCC Boys

Cannot wait for these boys matchups! 2A 4East District all over again! Good luck to your Lions.

BigLion10

Rackjack74

Rackjack74

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: Rackjack74 on February 23, 2018, 05:16:22 pm
Girls

Quitman 54
Bigelow 40
Final
Tough playing the same team 3 times and winning all 3.

STATGUYQHS

Quitman vs England should be a good game in the Boys!

STATGUYQHS

STATGUYQHS

England Quitman anything score wise?????

BigLion10

Rackjack74

England/Quitman boys game was a dandy!  Great job by both teams. Quitman girls and boys advance to regional championships.

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 23, 2018, 06:47:13 pm
Quitman wins 62-59
heck Freakin yeah! What a ride for the Quitman boys!
👍😀🏀

Bigditchlion

Sounds evenly matched. Played twice and both very close games. 3 pt margins both times. Great job by both teams. Good luck Quitman the rest of the way

groundgame

Ctucker

Ctucker

WCC 56 lighthouse 53 final! WCC and Quitman in Finals!

Bigditchlion

Parity 1-4 in that regional. Great regional guys!!

Ctucker

Rackjack74

Anyone know results of the JC Westside and Hackett girls game?

BigLion10

Rackjack74

JCWLADYREBELDAD

MICHAELSPAPPY

Westside was very hot from the 3, and Hackett never got rolling.

Ctucker

Boys game should be a good one! WCC has beat Quitman 2 times this year once by 16 and 11 I think but this is a different Quitman team now! I'm glad Quitman won district so our boys no they can't take them lightly! It's a toss up to me! I hope we pull it out! Good luck to all the kids and I pray the weather will not get bad there!

MICHAELSPAPPY

And two big guys going at each other. I love it!

Rackjack74

Quote from: Ctucker on February 24, 2018, 07:46:43 am
Boys game should be a good one! WCC has beat Quitman 2 times this year once by 16 and 11 I think but this is a different Quitman team now! I'm glad Quitman won district so our boys no they can't take them lightly! It's a toss up to me! I hope we pull it out! Good luck to all the kids and I pray the weather will not get bad there!

I'll second the "good luck to all the kids and I pray the weather don't get bad" part.  As far as the WCC/Quitman boys game...both teams match up fairly well as far as speed, talent, and size.  WCC has seemed to have their number as you pointed out but either team is capable of winning on any given night.  Not trying to state the obvious but it really just comes down to who brings their "A" game tonight.  At least that's how I see it.  The 2A-4E boys ended up being super even.  I think out of those final four teams to make it that it's just a coin toss between any combo of those four playing each other.  May good luck and health shine on both teams!

BW2015

There have been some really good games in this regional but HORRIBLE officiating.  The bad calls have been both ways!  How can not one official not know that the 7th fouls means it's a 1&1?  They had to be "reminded" several times during this tournament.  The kids and their fans deserve better!!  I've seen better officiating in a peewee game.   >:(

Mj4465

I agree with the horrible officiating.  The refs have no control over the game and sometimes I wonder if they even are aware there is a game going on.  Last nite a player INTENTIONALLY tried to take out a girl in the Quitman/Bigelow game.  An obvious flagrant foul.  Quitman was ahead by 14 and there was no time left on the clock.  There was no reason for it other than being mad because they were going to lose.  If the refs don't get control, someone is going to get hurt.  Very bad sportsmanship.

Rackjack74

Quote from: Mj4465 on February 24, 2018, 12:11:21 pm
I agree with the horrible officiating.  The refs have no control over the game and sometimes I wonder if they even are aware there is a game going on.  Last nite a player INTENTIONALLY tried to take out a girl in the Quitman/Bigelow game.  An obvious flagrant foul.  Quitman was ahead by 14 and there was no time left on the clock.  There was no reason for it other than being mad because they were going to lose.  If the refs don't get control, someone is going to get hurt.  Very bad sportsmanship.

It gets worse...based on observations from last night it appears that bad sportsmanship, and dirty play, is endorsed by their coaching staff.  It's one thing when a kid has a moment, but it's elevated to a whole new level when coaches make effort to justify that behavior.

FromTheBench

Good luck to all teams tonight! Quitman and England was a shootout just as most of us predicted. Those Quitman boys could have given up down 12 in the 3rd quarter, but they are tough and don't quit! Both championship games should be fun ones tonight! JC Westside girls can SHOOT IT, but how will they handle Quitman girls in their grill all night?

Bildo

FromTheBench

Hated to see #15 for Quitman's boys go down last night. Watched him help carry them to that district title and through this tough Region as well. Pray he is not seriously injured and makes a quick comeback. They will miss him against WCC tonight.

Thesportsman

Low class,, Low class,, Low classs.    Bigelow coaches showed their true colors!    It's terrible when coaches condone this kind of behavior on the court!    SHAME ON YOU Bigelow coaches I hope your administration and school board seen how you represented the school and Man Up to do something about it!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas