• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baptist Prep Struggles

Started by Bbal789, January 12, 2018, 10:03:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bbal789

January 12, 2018, 10:03:18 pm Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 11:40:07 am by Bbal789

Bbal789

January 12, 2018, 10:05:25 pm #1 Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 11:40:18 am by Bbal789

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 12, 2018, 10:03:18 pm
Not trying to trash them at all but this is how I see this years Baptist Prep team as. Just a basketball fan and wanted to share as much as I can about the teams I see or hear about.

Seen Baptist play twice now this season once against North Little Rock(12-4) and once against Episcopal (5-13). Both games they struggled big time especially to start off the game. Against North Little Rock, Baptist was down 17-0 and tonight against Episcopal, they were down 18-6. They just aren't coming out with a lot of fire that we have seen in the past. Mcbride played good tonight even though he wasn't as good as what I expected listening to everyone else talk about him. He takes a lot of wild shots especially in transition. He was much better tonight though compared to the North Little Rock game where he went 3-15 from three while guarded by 2-3 players. He was obviously trying to score a lot that game and wasn't passing to the open players. However, there really aren't any scoring weapons on Baptist this year as they have had in the past with the Vanovers, Dylan Hogan, the Mcgonigal twins, and all the spot up shooters so Baptist is relying heavily on Mcbride. One other small guard shot a lot of threes but only made one them. The big guys are not stretch forwards and the other guards just bring the ball up.

They also still struggle at guarding three point shooters and three point shooting teams. Obviously that is there weakness considering they let Bauxite hit 10 threes and Pea Ridge hit 13 threes against them last year during the tournament. A lot of teams this year are very good three point shooting teams like Brookland, Bauxite, Jonesboro Westside, Southside Batesville, etc.

Don't get me wrong, they are still a good team but they are very beatable. They don't have the scoring options or the size inside that they have had the last three years. I do not see this Baptist Prep team as a state championship caliber team at all. A lot of teams are more athletic than them, can shoot better than them, and believe it or not have more size than them in 4a this year.

I feel like this is sort of like Malvern 2 years ago with Andre Jones. One guy who is obviously the go to guy and a bunch of decent role players. However, Issac Mcbride is no Andre Jones and there role players aren't as big or good as Malvern's were.

They beat Episcopal 54-44 and lost to North Little Rock 66-40
Pottsville beat Episcopal 70-44
ESTEM beat Episcopal 80-49
Bauxite beat Episcopal 55-38
Jonesboro Westside only lost to North Little Rock by 7

have any of these teams given Baptist Prep a loss this year?

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on January 13, 2018, 03:52:32 pm
have any of these teams given Baptist Prep a loss this year?

No, Baptist has not lost to these teams. They have not played Pottsville or Jonesboro Westside yet. Bauxite and ESTEM were pretty close games with Bauxite missing their starting point guard. I think that the more times these teams play each other the more vulnerable Baptist becomes. Soon enough they will figure out a way to win. I'm just saying its not impossible to beat Baptist Prep like people claimed the past three years. I'm not for or against Baptist but I do think they could get knocked off somewhere in the tournament. Bauxite lost to Baptist 3 times last year all by under 5 points when Baptist had 7'3 Connor Vanover and were basically crowned champions by the media before the season started.

Bbal789

@LRRandy But again time will only tell. I do recall you having a son on Baptist's team last year so I congratulate you and your son again for past success. It is a new year and with new teams

RamblinRazorWreck

January 14, 2018, 12:26:26 pm #5 Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 12:36:00 pm by RamblinRazorWreck
One of their top scorers was out sick against Episcopal.

Your examples include a couple of their worst performances.  No doubt they are beatable & not as steady as past seasons, but they should still be the favorites until someone proves otherwise.  Your information is limited and does not include any positives that I can see, so it is hard to see any objectivity in your assessments, although I see quite a bit when you are assessing other teams.  Not ragging on you, just making a few counterpoints and adding some missing info to your thread.

Also, FYI, McBride made 4 threes against NLR (HUDL made a highlight clip of them from the stat tags if you want to see them) but you are correct that they doubled him and limited his effeciveness that day.  But using that game as a reason they won't win the 4A is a bit unreasonable, don't you think?   I'm guessing Conway & Maumelle are 2 of the many teams that didn't see the "struggles" Baptist is said to be having.

Baptist could very well get upset in the Tournament, but they are certainly capable of taking the 4A again. 

Bbal789

January 14, 2018, 12:30:50 pm #6 Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 12:34:07 pm by Bbal789
Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on January 14, 2018, 12:26:26 pm
One of their top scorers was out sick against Episcopal, & the guard you mentioned (9th grade) was 6 out of 7 from 3 in the 1st half against CAC last week (it was 60-29 at the HALF) and he scored 19 in the win over Brookland early in the season.

Your examples include a couple of their worst performances.  No doubt they are beatable & not as steady as past seasons, but they should still be the favorites until someone proves otherwise.  Your information is limited and does not include any positives that I can see, so it is hard to see any objectivity in your assessments, although I see quite a bit when you are assessing other teams.  Not ragging on you, just making a few counterpoints and adding some missing info to your thread.

Also, FYI, McBride made 4 threes against NLR (HUDL made a highlight clip of them from the stat tags if you want to see them) but you are correct that they doubled him and limited his effeciveness that day.  But using that game as a reason they won't win the 4A is a bit unreasonable, don't you think?   I'm guessing Conway & Maumelle are 2 of the many teams that didn't see the "struggles" Baptist is said to be having.

Baptist could very well get upset in the Tournament, but they are certainly capable of taking the 4A again.

Yea I think I went to their worst games. Maybe I will get a chance later to see them play again. And yea your right I guess I'm to critical of them just because they are the defending champs and I was expecting more. I deserved that ragging

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 14, 2018, 12:30:50 pm
Yea I think I went to their worst games. Maybe I will get a chance later to see them play again. And yea your right I guess I'm to critical of them just because they are the defending champs and I was expecting more. I deserved that ragging

Said I wasn't ragging.  Just thought it lacked balance to cite the slow start @ ECS on Friday as a weakness and not mention the 19-0 1st quarter the first time they played.  Or to cite beating Bauxite worse than all 3 meetings last year as a reason they are not as good.

Bbal789

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on January 14, 2018, 02:05:13 pm
Said I wasn't ragging.  Just thought it lacked balance to cite the slow start @ ECS on Friday as a weakness and not mention the 19-0 1st quarter the first time they played.  Or to cite beating Bauxite worse than all 3 meetings last year as a reason they are not as good.

Yea your right for sure not going to argue that

Livewire

I saw where Baptist beat Bauxite pretty handily. Looks like they have overcome any doubts about their ability to succeed without Conner. I haven't seen anything being posted about individual performances from McBride or the freshman shooting sensation (don't know his name) in quite a while. What's the story there?

LRRandy

Quote from: Livewire on January 24, 2018, 08:46:58 am
I saw where Baptist beat Bauxite pretty handily. Looks like they have overcome any doubts about their ability to succeed without Conner. I haven't seen anything being posted about individual performances from McBride or the freshman shooting sensation (don't know his name) in quite a while. What's the story there?
I have not been able to go to as many Baptist Prep games as years past but I was at last nights game (senior night, I wanted to show support for that group of guys). The game last night was more about the ease with which the Eagle players got to the basket for layups. The team didn't need to rely on the 3 as much in this game because they were driving to the basket. Daniel Cobb is the freshman starter that is a great shooter, he hit a three but showed nice touch on two running tear drop 8 foot shots. Brook Spoon is an athletic wing that can get to the basket but sometimes struggles to finish ( admittedly, I've only seen a handful of games) but he finished well in last nights game. Isaac seemed to be focusing on getting in the lane instead of just pulling up for threes. If a defender played up on him Isaac drove by him. If the defender played off a little Isaac pulled up for a mid range shot. He had 26 points last night. This team has many boys that contribute. The defense they play will help them make a deep run in the state tournament with the great possibility of winning their third consecutive state title.

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on January 24, 2018, 10:32:11 am
I have not been able to go to as many Baptist Prep games as years past but I was at last nights game (senior night, I wanted to show support for that group of guys). The game last night was more about the ease with which the Eagle players got to the basket for layups. The team didn't need to rely on the 3 as much in this game because they were driving to the basket. Daniel Cobb is the freshman starter that is a great shooter, he hit a three but showed nice touch on two running tear drop 8 foot shots. Brook Spoon is an athletic wing that can get to the basket but sometimes struggles to finish ( admittedly, I've only seen a handful of games) but he finished well in last nights game. Isaac seemed to be focusing on getting in the lane instead of just pulling up for threes. If a defender played up on him Isaac drove by him. If the defender played off a little Isaac pulled up for a mid range shot. He had 26 points last night. This team has many boys that contribute. The defense they play will help them make a deep run in the state tournament with the great possibility of winning their third consecutive state title.

Yes I do agree with you. Still this Baptist team is not as consistent as past teams. They definitely get off to much slower starts. I feel like a really disciplined team can knock them off if Baptist gets behind early which they do almost every game. The freshman is an off and on three point shooter which is completely understandable because he is a freshman but he is not very big or strong. Mcbride is not unstoppable but you have to really be smart with him. Brookland held him to 4 points at one point this season.

I made this discussion because I wanted other fans out there to know that their team has as good a chance as any to win state. Baptist is not some unbeatable team that everyone claimed they were in past years. I think the other teams in 4a are all better this year and Baptist is not as good or talented.

Gray lizard

I think everyone understands having a 7 footer or two really changes a team. You put the Vanover boys on any of the top 4A teams over the past 3 years and you have the State Champions.  I can tell you if Pottsville had one of them this year.  It would be a done deal.

Bbal789

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 24, 2018, 12:22:32 pm
I think everyone understands having a 7 footer or two really changes a team. You put the Vanover boys on any of the top 4A teams over the past 3 years and you have the State Champions.  I can tell you if Pottsville had one of them this year.  It would be a done deal.

A lot of teams were super close to beating Baptist with the 7 footers also and now they don't have any. They definitely changed the game for Baptist offensively and defensively

Bbal789

Quote from: ajhop on January 24, 2018, 03:03:58 pm
Them beating Bauxite like that has a lot more to Do with Bauxite than Prep. Not having #42 didn't help and the coach seems to be more obligated to playing certain kids and padding stats instead of reaching a team goal. Our kids aren't having fun and team is divided. Just starting to be a lil frustrating watching this talented team underachieve over what seems to be politics.

Bauxite definitely has the talent to beat Baptist no doubt.

LRRandy

Baptist Prep struggled to a 74-41 victory over Lonoke tonight. They had better get it together, tourney time is right around the corner.

Bbal789

January 24, 2018, 10:40:22 pm #16 Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 10:42:13 pm by Bbal789
Quote from: LRRandy on January 24, 2018, 10:23:51 pm
Baptist Prep struggled to a 74-41 victory over Lonoke tonight. They had better get it together, tourney time is right around the corner.

Not to be rude but I don't know why you have to be sarcastic. A lot of teams have beat lonoke this year. I feel like baptist just thinks they are so much better than everybody and it will come back and bite them in the butt. Some team will catch them by surprise. They earned it the past few years but barely even when they had 7 footers. This year they have no 7 footers. I feel like Baptist is just really full of themselves right now but will be depressed when a team comes in and outworks them and outplays them and knocks them out.

I picked baptist to win the past three years and twice they did. I say what I see and this Baptist team is not the same as the championship teams and the other teams are a lot more prepared and better matchups with this Baptist team. I don't have any reason to hate on Baptist but I can still say that I don't think this team is as ready as past years.

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 24, 2018, 10:40:22 pm
Not to be rude but I don't know why you have to be sarcastic. A lot of teams have beat lonoke this year. I feel like baptist just thinks they are so much better than everybody and it will come back and bite them in the butt. Some team will catch them by surprise. They earned it the past few years but barely even when they had 7 footers. This year they have no 7 footers. I feel like Baptist is just really full of themselves right now but will be depressed when a team comes in and outworks them and outplays them and knocks them out.

I picked baptist to win the past three years and twice they did. I say what I see and this Baptist team is not the same as the championship teams and the other teams are a lot more prepared and better matchups with this Baptist team. I don't have any reason to hate on Baptist but I can still say that I don't think this team is as ready as past years.
lighten up Francis, sarcasm is part of the fun of message boards. Your opinion is just that. Your opinion. Until someone gives them a game they will remain the prohibitive favorite.

As far as barely winning, you must have missed all the mercy rule games in region and state last year when the clock ran the whole fourth quarter. That's not barely.

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on January 24, 2018, 10:58:50 pm
lighten up Francis, sarcasm is part of the fun of message boards. Your opinion is just that. Your opinion. Until someone gives them a game they will remain the prohibitive favorite.

As far as barely winning, you must have missed all the mercy rule games in region and state last year when the clock ran the whole fourth quarter. That's not barely.

I was talking about Bauxite and Pea Ridge and Malvern

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 25, 2018, 12:18:41 am
I was talking about Bauxite and Pea Ridge and Malvern
3 games in 2 years that were close yet no 4a team could beat them. Again, that doesn't quite measure up to your barely standard.

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on January 25, 2018, 12:42:22 am
3 games in 2 years that were close yet no 4a team could beat them. Again, that doesn't quite measure up to your barely standard.

But considering how the media rode Baptist's bandwagon as these super unbeatable teams I was just stating that some teams gave Baptist a lot more trouble then people thought

LRRandy

Quote from: ajhop on January 25, 2018, 10:05:56 am
Bauxite played em close 3 times last year.
I was impressed with the Spoon kid Tuesday nite.
Idk if you was at state game when they beat us (Bauxite) but kid come in off bench to spark a comeback(Scored on Connor a couple times with nifty up and unders in paint) That kid was leading scorer and rebounder at half and didn't see court 2nd half. coaching killing us
that doesn't make any kind of sense does it. That has to be frustrating.

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 25, 2018, 09:58:49 am
But considering how the media rode Baptist's bandwagon as these super unbeatable teams I was just stating that some teams gave Baptist a lot more trouble then people thought
well last year they were unbeatable. 30-0 vs teams from Arkansas across all classifications. This year I can understand how other teams feel like they can beat Baptist Prep. Anything is possible of course. A team can come in shooting hot, catch Baptist having an off night and pull out a win. It's not beyond the realm of possibility. Until it happens however, Baptist Prep is the number one team in the state in 4a without a loss to a 4a school this season.

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on January 25, 2018, 10:27:41 am
well last year they were unbeatable. 30-0 vs teams from Arkansas across all classifications. This year I can understand how other teams feel like they can beat Baptist Prep. Anything is possible of course. A team can come in shooting hot, catch Baptist having an off night and pull out a win. It's not beyond the realm of possibility. Until it happens however, Baptist Prep is the number one team in the state in 4a without a loss to a 4a school this season.

true true can't argue with that. we will just have to wait and see.

springdalesmitty

January 25, 2018, 04:29:07 pm #24 Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 04:31:33 pm by springdalesmitty
Baptist is really good!

LRRandy

Quote from: springdalesmitty on January 25, 2018, 04:29:07 pm
Baptist is really good!
sshh.....don't look now but I think they are the hottest team in 4a

eagle1

Not sure what is driving this comment:  "I feel like Baptist just thinks they are so much better than everybody and it will come back and bite them in the butt." This team is a very humble group of kids that work their tails off. They are well coached, play disciplined basketball, and hard nose, in your face defense. Is this year's team different from last year's, absolutely. But then last year's team was completely different from the team the year before that one. Are they unbeatable? No, but no one is.

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: LRRandy on January 25, 2018, 10:31:46 pm
sshh.....don't look now but I think they are the hottest team in 4a
overated overrated

LRRandy

Bbal789

Quote from: eagle1 on January 26, 2018, 09:29:31 am
Not sure what is driving this comment:  "I feel like Baptist just thinks they are so much better than everybody and it will come back and bite them in the butt." This team is a very humble group of kids that work their tails off. They are well coached, play disciplined basketball, and hard nose, in your face defense. Is this year's team different from last year's, absolutely. But then last year's team was completely different from the team the year before that one. Are they unbeatable? No, but no one is.

I worded that to harshly but I meant that they could get complacent and think that they just have the championship in the bag and someone comes along and gives them a very unpleasant surprise. But nothing much we can do but wait and see.

beach bum

I think most people would be begging to say they are 19-4 and 12-0 in blended conference play with their 4 losses to 2 out of state schools and 2 schools which everyone has in their top 10 overall in the state here..... Why are we calling this struggling?

eagle1

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 26, 2018, 09:55:02 am
I worded that to harshly but I meant that they could get complacent and think that they just have the championship in the bag and someone comes along and gives them a very unpleasant surprise. But nothing much we can do but wait and see.
Good clarification. You are right, they definitely can't relax. Lots of good teams in 4A.

springdalesmitty

Quote from: LRRandy on January 26, 2018, 09:47:19 am
ok. If that is so, who would you rate higher?
I think it will be them and Pottsville battling it out towards the end of the State Tourney. The winner of their State game will decide it. May be Semis and may be Finals. Of course this is just my opinion. With CV leaving, Baptist is now beatable by a 4A team but that sure doesn't mean they will get beat.  I think just like last year with Pea Ridge, if it was just Public Schools playing, Pottsville is the best. 

LRRandy

Quote from: springdalesmitty on January 26, 2018, 01:05:41 pm
I think it will be them and Pottsville battling it out towards the end of the State Tourney. The winner of their State game will decide it. May be Semis and may be Finals. Of course this is just my opinion. With CV leaving, Baptist is now beatable by a 4A team but that sure doesn't mean they will get beat.  I think just like last year with Pea Ridge, if it was just Public Schools playing, Pottsville is the best.
fair enough. We have had many run ins with Pottsville the past few years. They are a well coached team and always play hard. Curious as to what the public school statement means to you.

springdalesmitty

Quote from: LRRandy on January 26, 2018, 02:03:01 pm
fair enough. We have had many run ins with Pottsville the past few years. They are a well coached team and always play hard. Curious as to what the public school statement means to you.
Randy, I grew up in a State where Public Schools and Private Schools didn't play against each other with a State Title on the line. Arkansas has it wrong but that's not Baptist Prep or Shiloh Christian or others fault. I moved to Springdale when I was 17 but I just feel like it is definitely not an advantage for the Public school. Its a debatable subject for sure and not all agree. For instance, Where would Mcbride be playing if Baptist Prep did not exist? What School does he live closest too and Vanover last year? Pottsville kids go to the district they live in.

beach bum

Quote from: springdalesmitty on January 26, 2018, 02:51:07 pm
Randy, I grew up in a State where Public Schools and Private Schools didn't play against each other with a State Title on the line. Arkansas has it wrong but that's not Baptist Prep or Shiloh Christian or others fault. I moved to Springdale when I was 17 but I just feel like it is definitely not an advantage for the Public school. Its a debatable subject for sure and not all agree. For instance, Where would Mcbride be playing if Baptist Prep did not exist? What School does he live closest too and Vanover last year? Pottsville kids go to the district they live in.

The sitting out a year for transfers from public to private schools has negated much of the advantage private schools had.... Also, Arkansas is not big enough with just 3 million people to have its own private classes. I lived in Florida where they did, but 20 million for a population that is possible to have its own private leagues.

LRRandy

Quote from: springdalesmitty on January 26, 2018, 02:51:07 pm
I hear you. I just wondered if you thought that the public schools were at a disadvantage and why. I can imagine the perception of recruiting and scholarships exist but that just is not the case at Baptist Prep. I hate having to move back down to 3a but right now Baptist Prep is competing against schools with twice as many kids and sometimes more. The facilities advantage most schools have over a private school like ours is also significant. Until this year we had one gym on campus for all teams to practice. The arenas that we visit on a weekly basis at most schools are envy worthy. I don't see any real advantage for one over the other so when I hear someone say something  about public schools only playing for the  championship I wonder why they feel private schools should be excluded. Thanks for your input.

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on January 26, 2018, 05:58:42 pm
I hear you. I just wondered if you thought that the public schools were at a disadvantage and why. I can imagine the perception of recruiting and scholarships exist but that just is not the case at Baptist Prep. I hate having to move back down to 3a but right now Baptist Prep is competing against schools with twice as many kids and sometimes more. The facilities advantage most schools have over a private school like ours is also significant. Until this year we had one gym on campus for all teams to practice. The arenas that we visit on a weekly basis at most schools are envy worthy. I don't see any real advantage for one over the other so when I hear someone say something  about public schools only playing for the  championship I wonder why they feel private schools should be excluded. Thanks for your input.

True

Bbal789

Baptist Prep lost at Robinson (12-9) tonight 70-62. Robinson's record honestly does not really prove how good they are. Still Baptist is probably shocked and they probably got too complacent. This kind of shows that Baptist is really beatable even with the big wins they have.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 26, 2018, 09:44:18 pm
Baptist Prep lost at Robinson (12-9) tonight 70-62. Robinson's record honestly does not really prove how good they are. Still Baptist is probably shocked and they probably got too complacent. This kind of shows that Baptist is really beatable even with the big wins they have.

Surprised?  Somewhat.  Shocked?  Probably not. I have neither seen nor heard anyone saying Baptist was unbeatable (except the oft imagined strawman).

Robinson is a very athletic & well-coached team that went pretty deep into the Tournament last year.  And they have a lot of talent and size coming up.  It was Senior night @ Robinson and they played perhaps their best game of the year.  Congrats to them on a big timely win.

As far as seedings for the Districts goes, the Baptist & Westside losses could muddy the waters. As far as who the top teams are in 4A, those losses matter very little (except Robinson further proved their capabilities).  And I am one to think that late season losses can actually benefit good teams in their preparation for the post-season.

springdalesmitty

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 26, 2018, 09:40:16 pm
True
Randy,

It is what it is, the fact that last year Baptist had two D1players on it's roster is more important than if it was a Private school or Public. in 4A, you will win a State Championship almost 100% of the time if you have two D1 Studs on your team. Ross is also very good coach.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: springdalesmitty on January 29, 2018, 08:18:45 am
Randy,

It is what it is, the fact that last year Baptist had two D1players on it's roster is more important than if it was a Private school or Public. in 4A, you will win a State Championship almost 100% of the time if you have two D1 Studs on your team. Ross is also very good coach.

THIS. 

And neither of those kids went to school there for basketball reasons.  Both grew up in the system.  McBride more so than Vanover, but Conner was not much more of a basketball talent than "an extremely tall kid for his age" when he got there.  He worked his tail off to hone his skills into D1 shape after he started school at Baptist. 

scrapdig

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 13, 2018, 04:07:56 pm
No, Baptist has not lost to these teams. They have not played Pottsville or Jonesboro Westside yet. Bauxite and ESTEM were pretty close games with Bauxite missing their starting point guard. I think that the more times these teams play each other the more vulnerable Baptist becomes. Soon enough they will figure out a way to win. I'm just saying its not impossible to beat Baptist Prep like people claimed the past three years. I'm not for or against Baptist but I do think they could get knocked off somewhere in the tournament. Bauxite lost to Baptist 3 times last year all by under 5 points when Baptist had 7'3 Connor Vanover and were basically crowned champions by the media before the season started.
Ha sounds like you do have something against Baptist.  How many times in a post can you tell people you don't?  Thats a red flag to me.  You know the guy who tells everyone on Facebook he loves his wife, then he's banging someone else?

scrapdig

This is one of the funniest threads I've read Bbal789.  You are so clearly biased against Baptist its hilarious.  I'm an outsider looking in, no team in the area. 

CoachBobbyT

CoachBobbyT

This paragraph in particular could not have been proven more false...
"Don't get me wrong, they are still a good team but they are very beatable. They don't have the scoring options or the size inside that they have had the last three years. I do not see this Baptist Prep team as a state championship caliber team at all. A lot of teams are more athletic than them, can shoot better than them, and believe it or not have more size than them in 4a this year." per Bbal789
...please turn in your team evaluation card immediately!

LRRandy

March 11, 2018, 07:58:47 am #46 Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:08:12 am by LRRandy
Quote from: CoachBobbyT on March 11, 2018, 12:02:23 am
This paragraph in particular could not have been proven more false...
"Don't get me wrong, they are still a good team but they are very beatable. They don't have the scoring options or the size inside that they have had the last three years. I do not see this Baptist Prep team as a state championship caliber team at all. A lot of teams are more athletic than them, can shoot better than them, and believe it or not have more size than them in 4a this year." per Bbal789
...please turn in your team evaluation card immediately!
I think his diatribes fall into the category of, if I say it enough times it will be true. He hammered on Baptist Prep relentlessly for the last several weeks. Just hours before the game he was posting about how Westsides schedule was harder than Baptist Preps.

Bbal789

Haha Im sure eating my words today. But foreal Baptist really convinced me last night. Would I have liked to see someone else win it? sure, but Baptist earned it and it was a good show. Congrats to Baptist for proving a lot of haters wrong including myself. 

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 11, 2018, 09:12:24 am
Haha Im sure eating my words today. But foreal Baptist really convinced me last night. Would I have liked to see someone else win it? sure, but Baptist earned it and it was a good show. Congrats to Baptist for proving a lot of haters wrong including myself.
fair enough. Look, your willingness to post your thoughts/opinions is what gives life to these message boards. It's been fun. Salute.

LRRandy

BTW, bbal what team do you hang your hat on? ( or own a hat of) I never really did get a handle on that. Just curious.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas