• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A Boys

Started by prHOG13, December 07, 2017, 11:18:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

prHOG13

How's everyone looking so far?

Tonight was my first time seeing Pea Ridge for their Battle at the Ridge tourney and we finally have a full squad with the football boys making it over now. They won 73-50 tonight against the NWA Hornets (home schooled team) and hit a school record 17 three pointers. Lost a ton of talent and shooting from last years runner up squad, but they've still got some shooting and talent.

prHOG13

Pea Ridge best Gravette 74-71 in Gravette tonight in 4 OT's and remains unbeaten in conference. This team is better than I thought they would be, and continue getting better. Jr Nick Coble has been playing at a high level, and seniors Kobe Rose and Hayden Holtgrewe have been playing great as well.

Gravette surprisingly lost to Gentry on Friday too.

Baller91

Quote from: prHOG13 on January 07, 2018, 02:15:03 am
Pea Ridge best Gravette 74-71 in Gravette tonight in 4 OT's and remains unbeaten in conference. This team is better than I thought they would be, and continue getting better. Jr Nick Coble has been playing at a high level, and seniors Kobe Rose and Hayden Holtgrewe have been playing great as well.

Gravette surprisingly lost to Gentry on Friday too.

Gentry has some potential, but inconsistency continues to be an issue.

beach bum

I don't know how accurate these maxpreps standings are, but as of today the standings going into tonight look like this in the 3A/4A blended league in NWA involving 6 of the 8 teams in the 1-4A ..... Someone can correct me if any if these are off too...

1)Pea Ridge 11-1
2)Elkins 9-3
3)Gravette 8-4
3)Shiloh Christian 8-4
3)Prairie Grove 8-4
6)Gentry 4-8
6)Lincoln 4-8
6) Haas Hall 4-8
9) Greenland 2-10
9) West Fork 2-10

beach bum

By looking at these standings it appears the league is down a little bit?  Pea Ridge maintaining a solid season again is impressive. And there is a pretty huge gap between the top 5 of the league and the bottom 5.

beach bum

I don't know if games will be played tonight in NWA.... I believe I have these standings correct going into the final two games but if someone notices something out of sorts let me know for the NWA blended 3A/4A conference.

1)Pea Ridge 15-1
2)Gravette 12-4
3)Prairie Grove 11-5
3)Elkins 11-5
5)Shiloh Christian 10-6
6)Lincoln 5-11
6)Gentry 5-11
6)Haas Hall 5-11
9)West Fork 4-12
10)Greenland 2-14

****This makes me believe that most likely with Huntsville at 5-5 in their league and Berryville at 8-2 the district tournament seedings will go as such below

1)Pea Ridge- cut and dry above the rest

2)Berryville-Gravette has a case here, but I think Berryville deserves it. The coaches my show favoritism to Gravette cause 5 of the 7 others are in the same blended league as Gravette

3)Gravette- You could easily put them at #2 as well.... owning the sweep over Prairie Grove makes Gravette here at least no matter what happens the final 2 games

4)Prairie Grove- Huntsville owns a head to head over PG but that was early and PG has played better the 2nd half of the year

5)Shiloh- I think they'll get wins in their final two games to earn them this spot over Huntsville

6)Huntsville- don't be shocked if some people put the head to head over PG and jump the Eagles higher

7)Lincoln- similar season to Gentry but Lincoln swept the Pioneers including a 28 point win once so the Wolves land in the 7 spot over Gentry

8)Gentry

beach bum

The main difference will come down to who gets the 2 spot over the 3 seed. You would way rather play Lincoln than a team like Huntsville, Shiloh, or Prairie Grove if you are Berryville or Gravette. Getting the 2 seed or 3 spot for Gravette or Berryville could mean the difference in a near automatic berth to regionals and a run at the district tournament final or a tough game in the first round and an early exit if you get the 3 seed and potentially get upset by the much tougher 6 seed than what Lincoln is at the 7 seed.

BVCAT

Good analysis......still a couple of games out there that could impact this.....

What does a PG win over Pea Ridge do? Does it open the door for Berryville to get the 1 with a win over Huntsville?

What does a Huntsville win over Berryville do? Do they have a shot at the 5 seed.

I still think you have it the way it should end up, but who knows.

I would look forward to the PG/Shiloh game. Think they have had a couple of good ones. One more to go to regionals would be entertaining.

beach bum

Quote from: BVCAT on February 06, 2018, 07:28:56 pm
Good analysis......still a couple of games out there that could impact this.....

What does a PG win over Pea Ridge do? Does it open the door for Berryville to get the 1 with a win over Huntsville?

What does a Huntsville win over Berryville do? Do they have a shot at the 5 seed.

I still think you have it the way it should end up, but who knows.

I would look forward to the PG/Shiloh game. Think they have had a couple of good ones. One more to go to regionals would be entertaining.

I think you are certainly right it may end up a little fuzzy from 2-6 and would not surprise me if it went slightly different. We never know how coaches may see it compared to us. I think Berryville's overall record and consistency puts them in the top 2. Also, btw where is the tourney at for the 1-4A?

BVCAT

beach bum

Quote from: BVCAT on February 06, 2018, 07:40:05 pm
Lincoln

Thank you.... I will most likely catch a night of games then since its right down the road and good luck to Berryville as well.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Will the coaches vote before the end of the season or wait until after the last game to avoid what happened last year?

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Is the 1-4A having a district tournament? I haven't heard anything nor seen a bracket nor game information?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 12, 2018, 11:08:44 am
Is the 1-4A having a district tournament? I haven't heard anything nor seen a bracket nor game information?

Look in the stickied threads

Baller91

Anyone know who was named All Conference and All State from this conference?

Livewire

I wouldn't expect all state to be announced until after the tournament final.

Baller91

Quote from: Livewire on March 06, 2018, 09:17:52 pm
I wouldn't expect all state to be announced until after the tournament final.
I thought that too, but I've seen some posts congratulating girls from Gravette and Gentry on being selected All State.

leaderofthepack10

All State is an award that is chosen based on a players year. All State Tournament team is based upon a players performance during the State Tournament only. It's 2 separate awards.

BigGuy22

The All State players from the 1-4A were Hayden Holtgrewe from Pea Ridge, Dayton Wishon from Gravette, Hutchinson from Shiloh, and the small stocky point guard from Berryville. My brain lost his name. And the runner ups were Pridmore from Prarie Grove and Mikey Mahoney from Pea Ridge.

beach bum

Quote from: BigGuy22 on March 08, 2018, 08:57:09 am
The All State players from the 1-4A were Hayden Holtgrewe from Pea Ridge, Dayton Wishon from Gravette, Hutchinson from Shiloh, and the small stocky point guard from Berryville. My brain lost his name. And the runner ups were Pridmore from Prarie Grove and Mikey Mahoney from Pea Ridge.

Is the kid from Berryville's last name Ray? He had either a brother or cousin named Ray a while back who was a good player and had the exact same build. Very short and squaty, but quick with the ball in his hand and could change direction very well.

Baller91

Just heard that All Conference from Gravette were Kelton Trembly, Chris Childress and Chace Austin, and from Gentry Dylan Kilgore and Ethan Hammond.

BigGuy22

All- Conference from Pea Ridge were Hayden Holtgrewe Sr., Kobe Rose Sr., Mikey Mahoney Jr., Nick Coble Jr. Very impactful players for Pea Ridge this year. I think at least 3 of them could've been all state imo

BigGuy22

Quote from: Baller91 on March 08, 2018, 06:36:30 pm
Just heard that All Conference from Gravette were Kelton Trembly, Chris Childress and Chace Austin, and from Gentry Dylan Kilgore and Ethan Hammond.
How did Dayton Wishon not get All- Conference?

BigGuy22

Quote from: beach bum on March 08, 2018, 09:39:00 am
Is the kid from Berryville's last name Ray? He had either a brother or cousin named Ray a while back who was a good player and had the exact same build. Very short and squaty, but quick with the ball in his hand and could change direction very well.
Yes, that was his name. Ray, he was short and stocky but incredibly quick and could finish extremely well. Doesn't look like much on the court but when he gets the ball in his hands.. It's incredible, He finishes around the rim just as good as anyone in the State

HogCall11

Berryville boy you are talking about is Zach Webb. Point Guard, Stocky, and amazing.

BigGuy22

Is Ray the lengthy kid that could shoot pretty well.

HogCall11

Yes, that would be him.

Baller91

Quote from: BigGuy22 on March 09, 2018, 09:17:14 am
How did Dayton Wishon not get All- Conference?
I wondered that too, but the Lion Basketball page only had him listed as all state.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas