• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Show Class

Started by ArkansasSportsFan, December 06, 2017, 01:18:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkansasSportsFan

I won't say where the location or the school but I witnessed some truly classless parents tonight. I like to stay near the top behind the fans to get a better view and I witnessed multiple parents taunting players from the other team. I think as parents you should be a better example than that and be adult enough to know that taunting kids for missing a dunk or a shot is outside the realm of acceptable, especially when you're literally singling kids out on the court. Let's do better in the future. 

NEA Razorback olfan

I believe a lot of fans get caught up in rooting for their teams , and say things in a crowd or section that they probably wouldnt say ,  parents especially get caught up in their kids performance!! But taunting is not  acceptable, that is classless and idiotic. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on December 06, 2017, 01:18:42 am
I won't say where the location or the school but I witnessed some truly classless parents tonight. I like to stay near the top behind the fans to get a better view and I witnessed multiple parents taunting players from the other team. I think as parents you should be a better example than that and be adult enough to know that taunting kids for missing a dunk or a shot is outside the realm of acceptable, especially when you're literally singling kids out on the court. Let's do better in the future. 
You can't fix stupid. These are the same people who celebrate a dunk when they're  down 20 with a minute left.

boss85

Taunting teenage players or yelling at coaches is not right. But I have seen it happen. I have seen coaches yell back at fans. We adults sure do screw up some good entertainment. :)

beach bum

Reminds of playing road games at Berryville or Huntsville roughly a decade ago when they had really good teams.... Totally different breed of human out there. You always expect the student section to be knuckleheads and that is actually funny because they are just kids having fun, but their adults at those schools were worse than the kids then. At that time too Dardanelle had by far the worst behaving adults I had ever seen.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas