• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ashdown @ Trumann round 1 what r ur thoughts

Started by Csa17, November 04, 2017, 09:14:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Quote from: beach bum on November 04, 2017, 09:54:24 pm
Going 9-1 in the 3-4A is like going 5-5 in another conference... Ashdown wins this 28-7

You can call me Nostradamus  ;D

birddawg1986

Wow what a disappointing end to a season. Trumann has now lost to a 3&4 seed the last 2 years and at home. Lots of talent on this squad with lots of community support and starving for the glory days. Change in philosophy has to be a priority moving foward. SW talk is like BB in Fayetteville it's getting old.

Redskin2015

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 11, 2017, 10:44:40 am
Wow what a disappointing end to a season. Trumann has now lost to a 3&4 seed the last 2 years and at home. Lots of talent on this squad with lots of community support and starving for the glory days. Change in philosophy has to be a priority moving foward. SW talk is like BB in Fayetteville it's getting old.
That's a bit of an awkward statement when you came second in conference?

skins68

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 11, 2017, 10:44:40 am
Yes! Change in philosophy has to be a priority! The offense that they run is so old and predictable! It actually limits your teams ability! It is just too one deminsional! It is easy for the other teams in the playoffs to game plan for!! Sad for the kids when you have multiple athletes and you don't utilize them!!

bigchief72455

Quote from: skins68 on November 11, 2017, 11:05:39 am
Yes! Change in philosophy has to be a priority! The offense that they run is so old and predictable! It actually limits your teams ability! It is just too one deminsional! It is easy for the other teams in the playoffs to game plan for!! Sad for the kids when you have multiple athletes and you don't utilize them!!
It is also a slow paced offense made to grind out yardage.That is all well and good if you are a couple scores ahead but if you are 2 scores down that pace makes it a problem to come back from.

Csa17

Any change in the future will unfortunately come too late for alot of good athletes that stood on the sidelines and got no exposure so they have no chance of playing at the next level at any school

HoopKing

The guy had great athletes at Carlisle and won big here.  One finals appearance and two semifinal appearances. What had you guys done before he got there?  Oh and he was running the same offense.  Pretty sure Gosnell probably runs the double wing some too

bigchief72455

Maybe it worked there but not so much up here.

Csa17

Carlisle 2a trumann 4a trumann has been to playoffs several times and has been to second round of playoffs multiple times none of which has been in the past 5 years

bigchief72455

If a team has a decent defense,you can stack 8 in the box and shut the offense down. I have seen this a number of times.

Csa17

I've seen it a few times over the years too bigger conference has more athletes u can pick and choose and put the biggest and fastest on the field  u can't just run over them smaller conference u barely have enough kids to field a team this is a good offense for a team that doesn't have alot of athletes as someone said earlier

Bearcatfan184

Quote from: Csa17 on November 09, 2017, 04:47:08 pm
I think Brooklands numbers are growing really fast there is alot of growth from jonesboro out that way I think they will b 5a before long

You're right about Brookland's numbers.  They have 32 freshmen moving up next year

Csa17

Brookland is where valley view was 7 or 8 years ago

Qhcaoc

Quote from: skins68 on November 11, 2017, 11:05:39 am

But didn't they crush Pocahontas with that offense this year and gosnell has run the same offense and beat Pocahontas the last 2 years?

Qhcaoc

High school football is full of bad spread teams it's nice to see something different

Csa17

Trumann's success was more than just the offense they were taught discipline work ethic about being prepared those kids would have some measure of sucess with any offense hats off to trumann coaches for that aspect of the game

bigchief72455

Quote from: Qhcaoc on November 15, 2017, 08:09:25 pm
But didn't they crush Pocahontas with that offense this year and gosnell has run the same offense and beat Pocahontas the last 2 years?
Yes they sure did. But Trumann also got dismantled by Pocahontas the years before. The last 2 years Gosnell has beaten Pocahontas by a touchdown. Three years ago, I recall a 40-0 blowout at Gosnell. It all boils down to what athletes you have on what side of the ball. I believe Brookland runs a variation of the Double Wing as well.

Qhcaoc

true that game went bad for Gosnell but you have to run what fits your kids

Ghs21

November 16, 2017, 10:20:09 am #118 Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 10:27:00 am by Ghs21
Gosnell has the athletes to run spread if they wanted to. They always have athletes

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Ghs21 on November 16, 2017, 10:20:09 am
Gosnell has the athletes to rub spread if they wanted to. They always have athletes

What kind of spread they rubbing?  Cajun dry rub?  Sandwich spread?

Beaver Fever

Just because you are fast doesn't mean you can throw or catch.  Watch a spread team play that can't throw it,  it's like watching an animal slowly die.  The problem with the spread is it is to dependent on the QB.  If your #1 qb goes down you're done.  In the double wing it is easier to distribute the ball to others if one guy is out.  It also shortens the game and limits the other teams chances of scoring. 
Our projected qb got hurt early in the year and it completely changed us offensively. 

Csa17

The spread is an exciting offense to watch but unfortunately most teams don't have the athletes to pull it off u need a good qb and several good wr and even a good tight end

Qhcaoc

not to mention the line it takes to block Its hard to run the spread when the qb gets hit in 2 seconds every play

Csa17

Yes to run the spread and be effective u need athletes at every position

Csa17

So it appears out conference isn't the weakest in the state Gosnell gave a good showing with Robinson who is a top team pocahontas did well and although trumann went out first round they had a tough draw and gave a good showing with a good ashdown team so I would have to say our conference lands right in the middle of the pack I don't think any of the other conferences should take the 3-4a lightly

Rugman15

Quote from: Csa17 on November 25, 2017, 01:06:19 pm
So it appears out conference isn't the weakest in the state Gosnell gave a good showing with Robinson who is a top team pocahontas did well and although trumann went out first round they had a tough draw and gave a good showing with a good ashdown team so I would have to say our conference lands right in the middle of the pack I don't think any of the other conferences should take the 3-4a lightly

One team does not make a conference...

bigchief72455

Until we have multiple teams making deep runs into the playoffs, this will be considered a lower conference. Good showings mean nothing.

Rugman15

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 25, 2017, 01:56:18 pm
Until we have multiple teams making deep runs into the playoffs, this will be considered a lower conference. Good showings mean nothing.

Very realistic and honest way of looking at it...

Csa17

How do u think it will effect things with the changes next year I think we r picking up rivercrest and dropping harrisburg

bigchief72455

The addition of Rivercrest in 2018 and the possibility of Blytheville in 2020 will bring in a couple of competitive teams into the 3-4A. Both have deep traditions of playoff ability. The Colts are still making their run for the title right now. Hard to say. They will compete well against our conference the landscape changes heavily when post season comes around. We will just have to wait and see. No knock on the Hornets but it was for sure an upgrade in this conference.

bigchief72455

Another thing that has to change is the mental game. So many South Ark and NWA teams beat us because of their reputation long before the game has begun. Dumas was a good win for Pocahontas in a lot of ways.

Csa17

So many of those schools r like factories for athletes I know at trumann we usually have just a couple of decent athletes this year was probably on of the best Sr class we have had in a long time

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas