• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Teams to beat in your conference

Started by redsport27, October 30, 2017, 05:58:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redsport27

Who will be the teams to beat in your conference? All I really know is that Hot Springs will be the team to beat in the south. In the central that will be very interesting. I know Mills and Parkview will be powerhouses with LR Christian not too far behind. What are your thoughts on your conferences?

Coachbanks12

Are we talking girls or boys? Girls Hot Springs will be the team in the south. Hot Springs boys will be competitive but very young.

redsport27

Quote from: Coachbanks12 on October 30, 2017, 07:25:24 pm
Are we talking girls or boys? Girls Hot Springs will be the team in the south. Hot Springs boys will be competitive but very young.
I will be honest, I know nothing about the girls. I know Watson Chapel girls are good though. This thread can be for girls and boys. Just clarify when you post it.

Burks

Boys- Parkview should be overall #1 in 5A with several D-1 players still on the roster. Mills was hit hard by graduation but still will be talented. LR Christian is still a year away in my opinion. With so many transferring just won't know till season starts.

MikeDieselâ„¢

In the 5A East, the teams for us to beat are Valley View, Batesville, GCT, Paragould, Wynne, Nettleton, and Forrest City :)  If we beat all of them, then we are good to go.

LeftyWorld

Quote from: Burks on October 31, 2017, 06:09:13 pm
Boys- Parkview should be overall #1 in 5A with several D-1 players still on the roster. Mills was hit hard by graduation but still will be talented. LR Christian is still a year away in my opinion. With so many transferring just won't know till season starts.

Mills also won a state championship which help them reload. They picked up a few very talented gaurds including patrick greene from maumelle. Who plays aau with his high school coach so still not sure how that worked.....

K9

Mills looks to be pretty solid this year with the addition of Patrick Greene and a few other players. I'm not sure how their big men are inside.

PapaHog

Camden Fairview > Hot Springs. Camden took HS to overtime last year with 4 starters missing all year. Camden lost 1 "player" from their team. Hot Springs will hurt without the Christian kid or whatever is name is. Give HS a year or two.

coachzo

Quote from: K9 on November 06, 2017, 07:52:07 pm
Mills looks to be pretty solid this year with the addition of Patrick Greene and a few other players. I'm not sure how their big men are inside.

Look out for Kevin Cross. He's a man inside. 6'6 junior transferred from Parkview.

K9

Kevin Cross looked good in the win over Parkview and he can only get better I hear he is a Junior. If that's true Mills looks good for at least 2 years with the young guards they will have returning

redsport27

I think there was a question mark about Mills and Parkview fighting over the central conference but we can all take something from the game. One thing we know is Mills is still a 5a powerhouse. They beat a respected Parkview side. Another thing we can take from that game is that Parkview is talented and they won't forget that loss, even though it was a tournament. Mills has Parkview's number and Parkview will use that as fuel for post season games. We can't sleep on either team. They will make noise come state tournament time. The central is the strongest conference this year.

BirdCall

Another thing to take from that game was Henderson was the only bright spot for PV in this game with 29 points but shot very poorly from the free-throw line 5-16. CJ White only had 10 and it was was an off night for him and the rest of PV. Mills had a great game plan and executed it to come out with the win and also stellar play by Greene, Cross, McCary,Eatser, and Peaster. PV will shake back from this loss and won't see many more in there future for this season.   

Grond

For boys basketball, from some comments from various coaches in the 5A East, Nettleton is the team to beat. Forrest City will be tough (as usual).

And after that, it will be wide open. Batesville will likely be at the bottom, but they are in a different grouping? This new organization with 5A/6A still has me confused....

For girls basketball.....Valley View & Batesville will be good.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Grond on November 26, 2017, 09:37:28 pm
For boys basketball, from some comments from various coaches in the 5A East, Nettleton is the team to beat. Forrest City will be tough (as usual).

And after that, it will be wide open. Batesville will likely be at the bottom, but they are in a different grouping? This new organization with 5A/6A still has me confused....

For girls basketball.....Valley View & Batesville will be good.

Nettleton girls are the team to beat as well. They look great so far.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 29, 2017, 09:09:56 am
Nettleton girls are the team to beat as well. They look great so far.

Am I wrong to assume that Nettleton will run over everyone in the 5a East?

The_Pioneer

redsport27

I think it is safe to say we have overlooked Fair. In the midst of hyping up Mills and Parkview, we forgot that there is another team capable of taking them both down. Fair has a good team and I expect them to finish the season with a good record.

LeftyWorld

Quote from: redsport27 on December 04, 2017, 08:10:11 pm
I think it is safe to say we have overlooked Fair. In the midst of hyping up Mills and Parkview, we forgot that there is another team capable of taking them both down. Fair has a good team and I expect them to finish the season with a good record.

It is really hard to say for anyone in that conference how good they are until January comes around. Fair is off to a good start though.

Runnin With The Pack

The teams to beat in the East, in both boys & girls...Nettleton in 5A & Jonesboro in 6A.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas