• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PINE BLUFF VS WEST MEMPHIS

Started by 2000ZEBRA, October 21, 2017, 08:26:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

2000ZEBRA

Just seen in the news paper that WM star QB and RB got hurt against Jville, That's not good having to go up against a tiff ZEBRA Defense

urban legend2

I hate that. You always want to play a team at full strength...I'm hoping it ain't too serious. But I anticipate this being a really good game. PB has gotten better as the year has progressed. Looks like WM has, too.

westmem

Jacksonville laid the wood on our QB it's Questionable if he start next Friday I really don't no what happen but I think we in trouble

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Pine Bluff will roll WM.  By 21 at least

2000ZEBRA

Yea I hate that to, but it will be a good game, with the way our defense played against MARION, we should win by 14

westmem

So I can't talk crazy to y'all now but I hope 🤞 we come up on defense to stop y'all
And pull out a close one
WM 28
PB.  16

2000ZEBRA

OUR OFFENSE HAS DONE A WHOLE LOT BETTER BY GETTING STARTED, BUT OUR DEFENSE WILL LAY THE SMACK DOWN

westmem

Well I hope we lay the smack down on y'all offense

bulldogger15

Quote from: westmem on October 21, 2017, 10:25:11 am
So I can't talk crazy to y'all now but I hope 🤞 we come up on defense to stop y'all
And pull out a close one
WM 28
PB.  16

GO BULLDOGS!!!

2000ZEBRA

I LOOKED AT GREENWOOD SCHEDULE AND THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED ANYBODY GOOD

RD™

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on October 21, 2017, 03:00:05 pm

Let's have a look at that comment:

COMMON OPPONENTS:

NORTHSIDE
Greenwood 34 Northside 7
Pine Bluff 14 Northside 7
ADVANTAGE: GREENWOOD

Other Factors:
Greenwood has TWO wins over 7A Central Schools (yes they both are awful)
Pine Bluff has ONE win over 7A Central Schools

Both have played ONE 5A school with victories. Pine Bluff's more impressive
ADVANTAGE: PINE BLUFF

Week 4:
Pine Bluff beats LR Hall (Greenwood Jr High could beat LR Hall)
Greenwood beats an improved Texarkana on the road (Texarkana led at half)

Week 5:
Greenwood slaps El Dorado in mercy rule
Pine Bluff beats Mountain Home (uhh you don't seriously want to argue this one do you?)

Week 6:
Greenwood mercy rules Siloam Springs
Pine Bluff edges Jonesboro (okay congrats on First HUGE win of season)
ADVANTAGE: PINE BLUFF

Week 7:
Pine Bluff smokes Searcy
Greenwood dominates Benton (who barely lost to #1 Bryant in Week 1)
ADVANTAGE: PUSH

So your comment has no basis, facts or meaning. Especially, when LR Hall is on your schedule. At that point you just need to shut up about "so and so hasn't play anybody good". It looks pretty even to me.

Carry on.

2000ZEBRA

THAT'S NOT A COMPARISON MY LITTLE GRASSHOPPER, THEY LET A 5A SCHOOL dang NEAR BEAT THEM (DROPS THE MIC)

2000ZEBRA

THAT'S NOT A COMPARISON MY LITTLE GRASSHOPPER, THEY LET A 5A SCHOOL dang NEAR BEAT THEM (DROPS THE MIC)

WeRFootball

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on October 21, 2017, 07:14:09 pm
54-28 was the score of the only 5A team greenwood played... did you guys almost lose to Northside?  Lol mic drop...bless your heart you might  need to stay focused on the game you have coming up this week.  This is not the thread to talk about greenwood. 

2000ZEBRA

I HEARD GREENWOOD HAS TO GO LOOK FOR TALENT IN NEAR BY CITIES JUST TO HAVE A FIGHTING CHANCE

WeRFootball

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on October 21, 2017, 09:36:56 pm
I HEARD GREENWOOD HAS TO GO LOOK FOR TALENT IN NEAR BY CITIES JUST TO HAVE A FIGHTING CHANCE
Awe that's cute..if that's what you need to tell yourself to make the loss to Greenwood a bit easier..after reading your comments I can tell you do not have much knowledge of the game or the Greenwood program.  I'd feel bad if I roasted you to much because your most likely a child.  Anyway good luck Friday I'd hate for your team to choke.

jeffslilbro

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on October 21, 2017, 09:36:56 pm
wasn't your qb last year from dollarway hs?

2000ZEBRA

Yea, and that's in the same city,He chose to come to a winning program

RD™

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on October 21, 2017, 03:00:05 pm

Ok "Head Table Bussa". ;)

zebradynasty

The defense has been answering the call all year the defense has scored a lot these last couple of games. Facing all these teams that put the ball in the air should pay dividends later. Meanwhile, the offense is getting better and can make big plays at any time. Sophmore QB has played great not getting much attention but he's going to be good one.

Not sure if either team is going to be able to run much but I think Z's are balanced enough to still move the ball. Sounds like WM has some injuries to deal with. I think if we can get them down early it might be hard for them to come back. Last home game, conference championship on the line...expect the Z's to come out really focused and get that #1 seed for the east.

urban legend2

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 22, 2017, 11:38:13 pm
The defense has been answering the call all year the defense has scored a lot these last couple of games. Facing all these teams that put the ball in the air should pay dividends later. Meanwhile, the offense is getting better and can make big plays at any time. Sophmore QB has played great not getting much attention but he's going to be good one.

Not sure if either team is going to be able to run much but I think Z's are balanced enough to still move the ball. Sounds like WM has some injuries to deal with. I think if we can get them down early it might be hard for them to come back. Last home game, conference championship on the line...expect the Z's to come out really focused and get that #1 seed for the east.
+1

The Future

Sorry 2000Zebra I didn't hear your last comment. You'll have to speak up. Go back to using all caps or something.  ;D

Shame the QB and RB got hurt. Hate to see it anywhere.
And it's sad that it turns a potential great game to a slightly sides towards Pine Bluff game. If the West Memphis players won't be able to play then I'll have to go with the Zebras by a couple scores.
Anyone know how serious the injuries are or if they'll be good to go come playoffs?

2000ZEBRA

The QB for WM came back in the game but the RB sat out the whole game

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 23, 2017, 09:58:48 am #24 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:07:02 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on October 23, 2017, 09:20:25 am
The QB for WM came back in the game but the RB sat out the whole game

Give us your predictions for this week's game.  Pine Bluff hasn't played anyone and their offense is weak. 

Pine Bluff's opponent's record this season is W-27  L-37.    Only 2 teams that you've played have winning records.   Weak Schedule for PB this year!!   PB is WAY overrated!  But they still should beat WM.  Probably by a touchdown.

zebradynasty

Well I am not going to think it will be easier just because of injuries. WM should have enough talent to overcome (although losing a QB this late in the year would be a big loss for anyone). Need to remember PB lost its starting RB and WR before the season started both would have been difference makers on offense. However, we got over it and have a chance to win the conference.

So I hope none of the Z's look at this as their job just got easier.

greenman478

PB remembers last year's close win and will come out fast.  WM will remember it too and will want revenge.  Should be a great game between two great teams.  I'm gonna take PB by 10.

2000ZEBRA

zebrafan

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Pine Bluff should win this one.  If WM has starters out hurt.

protegewill

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 23, 2017, 09:58:48 am
Give us your predictions for this week's game.  Pine Bluff hasn't played anyone and their offense is weak. 

Pine Bluff's opponent's record this season is W-27  L-37.    Only 2 teams that you've played have winning records.   Weak Schedule for PB this year!!   PB is WAY overrated!

This is a time when you are 100% wrong and I would dare say 100% biased and since you deliberately did not include GW info for a fair comparison "I will do the honor for you". I will admit, based on the info you gave that our schedule does appear weak without for the lack of traditionally strong teams in our conference (that's something we can do much about; only the AAA can solve fix but that's another discussion). But when you compare the 7A teams that GW played who have a combined record of W-4 L-12 to PB 7A opponents are W-6 L-10; the records show that PB played better 7A teams this year. GW opponents record this year is W-31 L-33  vs PB's 27-37 that's not a huge difference. Their opponents' records are very close because GW and PB are evenly matched. The biggest difference between the two is that GW has beaten the most competitive team (El Dorado) in their division already and PB plays the most competitive team in our division this week. So saying either team being overrated is relatively pointless once you realistically and truthfully compare both teams with evidence and not personally bias. So let's not start that overrated talk because as we all know this will only be settled on the field. All we as fans and spectators can really do besides talk and/or bet is be patience and look forward another to slug fest. Honestly, I wish both teams good luck cause they both gonna need it when they play come Nov 17 or Nov 24th cause whoever wins this one will own the tiebreaker in the series.

Now I will give my biased opinion as you did. Greenwood is the more overrated of the two teams or more realistically, you can say they just get more hype due the fact that they are on they are in the northwest part of the state and they play more 7A teams every year, but the fact that they do not play the top to middle tier teams of 7A teams is conveniently and frequently left out. Now I'm not saying that GW is not good, only an idiot or a liar will say that. I just think that both teams are traditionally strong and now they happen to be rivals and champions in their own right competing to be the best. 

As far as my prediction for this game, if it rains PB wins by 10, if it does not rain it could still be a close one but if WM qb truly will not play the margin of victory will be 21 or more. But the result will be the same.

I will say this though, if we do happen to lose to WM which we won't,  I still believe we will still beat GW come Nov cause we will be in either GW or Little Rock which both are places we have beaten them before.

zebradynasty

Quote from: protegewill on October 23, 2017, 03:27:43 pm
This is a time when you are 100% wrong and I would dare say 100% biased and since you deliberately did not include GW info for a fair comparison "I will do the honor for you". I will admit, based on the info you gave that our schedule does appear weak without for the lack of traditionally strong teams in our conference (that's something we can do much about; only the AAA can solve fix but that's another discussion). But when you compare the 7A teams that GW played who have a combined record of W-4 L-12 to PB 7A opponents are W-6 L-10; the records show that PB played better 7A teams this year. GW opponents record this year is W-31 L-33  vs PB's 27-37 that's not a huge difference. Their opponents' records are very close because GW and PB are evenly matched. The biggest difference between the two is that GW has beaten the most competitive team (El Dorado) in their division already and PB plays the most competitive team in our division this week. So saying either team being overrated is relatively pointless once you realistically and truthfully compare both teams with evidence and not personally bias. So let's not start that overrated talk because as we all know this will only be settled on the field. All we as fans and spectators can really do besides talk and/or bet is be patience and look forward another to slug fest. Honestly, I wish both teams good luck cause they both gonna need it when they play come Nov 17 or Nov 24th cause whoever wins this one will own the tiebreaker in the series.

Now I will give my biased opinion as you did. Greenwood is the more overrated of the two teams or more realistically, you can say they just get more hype due the fact that they are on they are in the northwest part of the state and they play more 7A teams every year, but the fact that they do not play the top to middle tier teams of 7A teams is conveniently and frequently left out. Now I'm not saying that GW is not good, only an idiot or a liar will say that. I just think that both teams are traditionally strong and now they happen to be rivals and champions in their own right competing to be the best. 

As far as my prediction for this game, if it rains PB wins by 10, if it does not rain it could still be a close one but if WM qb truly will not play the margin of victory will be 21 or more. But the result will be the same.

I will say this though, if we do happen to lose to WM which we won't,  I still believe we will still beat GW come Nov cause we will be in either GW or Little Rock which both are places we have beaten them before.

+1

maxswine

I had planned to go to Lake Hamilton this week to watch the Benton game, but changing my mind.  This is the best game in 6A this week.  I think Pine Bluff by 7. 

westmem

In my gut West Memphis will pull this one out.i don't no what the score going to be
But them devils going to shock them zebras down goes Frazier

zebradynasty

October 23, 2017, 10:28:06 pm #34 Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:05:16 am by zebradynasty
Quote from: westmem on October 23, 2017, 09:39:10 pm
In my gut West Memphis will pull this one out.i don't no what the score going to be
But them devils going to shock them zebras down goes Frazier

Anything is possible but I would add the Z's haven't lost a conference game at home since 2014.

zebrafan

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 23, 2017, 10:28:06 pm
Anything is possible but I would add the Z's haven't lost at home since 2014.
Conference? Cabot got us week 1.

zebrafan

WM fans...what's the update on the two injured staters?

zebradynasty

2000ZEBRA

zebradynasty

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on October 24, 2017, 08:25:55 am
CABOT is not in our conference

Right that's why I clarified that we have not lost a conference game at home since 2014 (Against Benton).

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 24, 2017, 09:02:29 am #40 Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 09:04:23 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: protegewill on October 23, 2017, 03:27:43 pm

Interesting that when you compare our records against 7A teams (which is a close comparison) you say "PB played better teams".  But when you compared the other record.  Which Greenwood has played significantly better teams, then you say "that's not a huge difference".  Very cute.  :)

Pine Bluff is overrated this year.   Period.  Anyone with a brain (and those who have small ones like most of the PB posters on here do) can see that the schedules really aren't comparable.  We'll see how PB handles WM this weekend.  If you take care of them, like you all think you will, then i'll give PB a few more props.  BTW, don't be hanging your hat on the Cabot loss, like they are a stud team this year.  Come on!   

More than likely, PB will play Russellville in round 2.  El Dorado in round 3.  And Greenwood at WM (Greenwood's other home field).   Good luck with that schedule!! 

My original prediction was for PB to win this weekend.  I've changed it to West Memphis pulls the upset!  Pine Bluff is already thinking about who they will play in week 3 off the playoffs.  That kind of looking ahead gets you beat!  Better quit worrying about Greenwood and take care of business this weekend.

zebradynasty

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 24, 2017, 09:02:29 am
Interesting that when you compare our records against 7A teams (which is a close comparison) you say "PB played better teams".  But when you compared the other record.  Which Greenwood has played significantly better teams, then you say "that's not a huge difference".  Very cute.  :)

Pine Bluff is overrated this year.   Period.  Anyone with a brain (and those who have small ones like most of the PB posters on here do) can see that the schedules really aren't comparable.  We'll see how PB handles WM this weekend.  If you take care of them, like you all think you will, then i'll give PB a few more props.  BTW, don't be hanging your hat on the Cabot loss, like they are a stud team this year.  Come on!   

More than likely, PB will play Russellville in round 2.  El Dorado in round 3.  And Greenwood at WM (Greenwood's other home field).   Good luck with that schedule!! 

My original prediction was for PB to win this weekend.  I've changed it to West Memphis pulls the upset!  Pine Bluff is already thinking about who they will play in week 3 off the playoffs.  That kind of looking ahead gets you beat!  Better quit worrying about Greenwood and take care of business this weekend.

Explain again how PB is overrated? Looking at W-L records of opponents of both GW schedule and PB there is not a huge difference in the quality of teams. To date GW most impressive victory was against Eldorado. I believe Eldorado is capable of beating every team on GW's schedule. The only thing that might give the impression that PB may not be down is the loss to Cabot and we struggled against Northside. That would be a mistake. Not to make excuses but our offense was suspect at the beginning of the year. We lost our starting RB and WR and our starting QB is a sophomore. Both of those games our defense played good enough to win (Northside never even got in the redzone) we just didn't have the offensive fire power to put them away. Despite that we average right at 40 points a game. Everyone knew that our offense would start slow. Only 5 returning starters and we lost 1-2 of them! This team is better overall than the one that lost to GW last year on the road by 1 point.

As for us overlooking WM...not a Bobby Bolding team. So I'll let you and the GW zombies go back to creating a 5 page thread on playing Sheridan. ::)

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 24, 2017, 10:12:23 am
Explain again how PB is overrated? Looking at W-L records of opponents of both GW schedule and PB there is not a huge difference in the quality of teams. To date GW most impressive victory was against Eldorado. I believe Eldorado is capable of beating every team on GW's schedule. The only thing that might give the impression that PB may not be down is the loss to Cabot and we struggled against Northside. That would be a mistake. Not to make excuses but our offense was suspect at the beginning of the year. We lost our starting RB and WR and our starting QB is a sophomore. Both of those games our defense played good enough to win (Northside never even got in the redzone) we just didn't have the offensive fire power to put them away. Despite that we average right at 40 points a game. Everyone knew that our offense would start slow. Only 5 returning starters and we lost 1-2 of them! This team is better overall than the one that lost to GW last year on the road by 1 point.

As for us overlooking WM...not a Bobby Bolding team. So I'll let you and the GW zombies go back to creating a 5 page thread on playing Sheridan. ::)

The best 3 teams you faced this year (based on their record) and what the final score was: 
Watson Chapel (6-2)  43-7
Jonesboro (4-4)  48-34
Searcy (6-2) 57-34

The best 3 teams GW faced this year (based on their record):
ElDorado (7-1 ) 52-21
Russellville (4-4) 38-13
Benton (5-3 ) 33-17

I guarantee a poll on here would say that ElDorado, Russellville and Benton could all beat Watson Chapel, Jonesboro, and Searcy.  Pretty easily!

Pine Bluff has had a cake walk thus far. Facts/Schedules don't lie! They are overrated.  End of story. 

zebrafan

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on October 24, 2017, 08:25:55 am
CABOT is not in our conference
Smh. 😑 Thank you for that knowledge.

urban legend2

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 24, 2017, 09:02:29 am

I can assure you that none of PB's players are looking towards who they'll play in Week 3. That's something that Bolding has and will never allow them to do. A loss to WM on Friday will change a lot of things so I'm pretty sure they're focused on WM and WM only.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: zebrafan on October 24, 2017, 10:40:58 am
Smh. 😑 Thank you for that knowledge.

Do you guys know who you play, where they're from, and what conference they're in? 

zebradynasty

How can an opinion be a fact ??? But ok... MY opinion and therefore a fact is that Russellville lost to a 5A Morrilton team (Yes the same Morrilton team that Searcy beat the brakes off of) and struggled to beat a winless Sheridan team. So therefore should not be presented as some powerhouse team.

zebrafan

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 24, 2017, 10:28:16 am
The best 3 teams you faced this year (based on their record) and what the final score was: 
Watson Chapel (6-2)  43-7
Jonesboro (4-4)  48-34
Searcy (6-2) 57-34

The best 3 teams GW faced this year (based on their record):
ElDorado (7-1 ) 52-21
Russellville (4-4) 38-13
Benton (5-3 ) 33-17

I guarantee a poll on here would say that ElDorado, Russellville and Benton could all beat Watson Chapel, Jonesboro, and Searcy.  Pretty easily!

Pine Bluff has had a cake walk thus far. Facts/Schedules don't lie! They are overrated.  End of story. 

Are you sure you're right 50% of the time? I'm worried because you've been slapped so many times.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 24, 2017, 10:44:17 am
How can an opinion be a fact ??? But ok... MY opinion and therefore a fact is that Russellville lost to a 5A Morrilton team (Yes the same Morrilton team that Searcy beat the brakes off of) and struggled to beat a winless Sheridan team. So therefore should not be presented as some powerhouse team.

FACTS and SCHEDULES don't lie!  They both show that Pine Bluff has had an easy season so far.   My OPINION is that pb is overrated.  And the FACTS and SCHEDULES back up my opinion.   :)

zebrafan

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 24, 2017, 10:42:17 am
Do you guys know who you play, where they're from, and what conference they're in? 
God bless you smh, I was helping 2000Zebra out...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas