• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scores Week 10/16

Started by HorseFeathers, October 16, 2017, 09:11:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonshiner

arstatechamp13

WCC played some suffocating defense. Concord just made their open shots count. Really good physical game. Great win for Concord. Got it done without their best scorer.

officialvsfan

October 19, 2017, 07:11:43 am #52 Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 08:44:36 am by officialvsfan
Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 18, 2017, 06:44:51 pm
I should have clarified. "Fall sports basketball is all they have" I should be more educated on teams going to nationals in archery.

Don't read well do you.  Volleyball, Cross Country and Golf are fall sports. 

thebigman3

Quote from: officialvsfan on October 19, 2017, 07:11:43 am
I don't think he meant to hurt your feelings.. no need to get especially upset, gotta remember this is a basketball thread.

SackAttack

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on October 19, 2017, 06:15:48 am
WCC played some suffocating defense. Concord just made their open shots count. Really good physical game. Great win for Concord. Got it done without their best scorer.
Id say tradition probably counted for a little on this one! WCC been good a couple years but gets bounced early and starts off season early and Concord used to playing a long time.Also Id say being level headed about things and not getting the big head which Im hearing one team was allowed to do so which is squarely on coach Koats??. Wondering if hes one of those the buck stops here guys! Was wondering where the game was played? If at Concord I dont think its a really tough place to play! Usually called pretty fair and by the book IMO the times Ive been there. Well anyway after watching the beating they gave Shirley last year in district finals and then this game Im on the train. Been looking for a local team to adopt and this is the one! Cornett is good real good! Lots of others still learning!

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on October 19, 2017, 09:34:14 am
Id say tradition probably counted for a little on this one! WCC been good a couple years but gets bounced early and starts off season early and Concord used to playing a long time.Also Id say being level headed about things and not getting the big head which Im hearing one team was allowed to do so which is squarely on coach Koats??. Wondering if hes one of those the buck stops here guys! Was wondering where the game was played? If at Concord I dont think its a really tough place to play! Usually called pretty fair and by the book IMO the times Ive been there. Well anyway after watching the beating they gave Shirley last year in district finals and then this game Im on the train. Been looking for a local team to adopt and this is the one! Cornett is good real good! Lots of others still learning!
Beating they gave Shirley? Didn't they win by one? and stall the ball literally the whole first quarter. I remember Fuller had chances to win it twice with Free throws and missed every one. Not much of a "beating"

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 19, 2017, 09:51:21 am
Beating they gave Shirley? Didn't they win by one? and stall the ball literally the whole first quarter. I remember Fuller had chances to win it twice with Free throws and missed every one. Not much of a "beating"
If you werent there you wouldnt understand. Im gonna let the intelligent Sack come out here and explain if you will read slowly. That gameplan was a masterpiece in coaching strategy. Play slow keep it close stay out of foul trouble limit possessions get Shirley off balance get in Browns head and thereby his players! If you are still reading and comprehending and can fathom the genius behind that then read on. This game summed up a seasons worth of small coaching decisions and strtegizing to give his team the best chance of winning against a team that had more talent but had some obvious weaknesses and shortcomings. This game also helped some other coaches in the area figure out how to be play them. Came within one second of keeping their butts home! So yes in many respects it was a psychological beating if not exactly on the scoreboard. Watching shirley shake hands and walk off the floor listening to their parents grumble and mumble on the way to my car ---well yes it was a beating by every definition. Researched the score Concord won by 8 ! you young guys look only at the scoreboard us old experienced guys see how the game unfolds!

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 19, 2017, 09:51:21 am
Who is Fuller? If hes that big kid with the jacked up shot that should have been fixed in 8th grade then Id say it was a pretty good coaching move to foul him and put him on the line.

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on October 19, 2017, 10:16:53 am
Who is Fuller? If hes that big kid with the jacked up shot that should have been fixed in 8th grade then Id say it was a pretty good coaching move to foul him and put him on the line.
Yes, that's him. I'm not arguing on how it wasn't a good coaching move because it was. But your actin like they beat the crap out of them. They didn't. Concord won by 8 points. Yes, it was a good move to foul the big kid and put him on the line. But when the score was a low score and they barely beat them.. not a "beating" And don't sit there and tell me there coach is a good coach if he is gonna get knocked out first round by SACRED HEART!! are you kidding me? I'll give credit to Sacred Heart though cause they also knocked out Mount Vernon, but cmon now, if you can pull off a win against Shirley and not against a team like Sacred Heart don't sound like just great coaching to me. Shirley also beat them earlier in the year by like 20+... and actually made it to the State Tournament.

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 19, 2017, 10:25:57 am
Yes, that's him. I'm not arguing on how it wasn't a good coaching move because it was. But your actin like they beat the crap out of them. They didn't. Concord won by 8 points. Yes, it was a good move to foul the big kid and put him on the line. But when the score was a low score and they barely beat them.. not a "beating" And don't sit there and tell me there coach is a good coach if he is gonna get knocked out first round by SACRED HEART!! are you kidding me? I'll give credit to Sacred Heart though cause they also knocked out Mount Vernon, but cmon now, if you can pull off a win against Shirley and not against a team like Sacred Heart don't sound like just great coaching to me. Shirley also beat them earlier in the year by like 20+... and actually made it to the State Tournament.
Psychological beating! A mental beating! A beating of the mind and spirit! To leave one feeling worse than just a regular loss! Call White County and Coach Coats and ask him how he felt yesterday! If you could have heard those parents cussing and grumbling. They knew what just happened. Beatings come in all forms and as you age and mature you will understand that more fully! When you overcome a 20 point loss earlier to win by 8 against a team with way more talent then yes that constitutes a beating in my book. But again Im very experienced as a fan! Look deeper than the scoreboard!

Ctucker

Quote from: SackAttack on October 19, 2017, 10:37:23 am
Psychological beating! A mental beating! A beating of the mind and spirit! To leave one feeling worse than just a regular loss! Call White County and Coach Coats and ask him how he felt yesterday! If you could have heard those parents cussing and grumbling. They knew what just happened. Beatings come in all forms and as you age and mature you will understand that more fully! When you overcome a 20 point loss earlier to win by 8 against a team with way more talent then yes that constitutes a beating in my book. But again Im very experienced as a fan! Look deeper than the scoreboard!I agree with you WCC only lost by one but it was a mental beating because our boys never thought they would lose that game we will just have to see how they bounce back!

SackAttack

Quote from: Ctucker on October 19, 2017, 10:43:34 am

Thank youCtucker!! See this guy gets it! Obviously you are a true fan with 20/20 vision. +1 to you kind sir!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: officialvsfan on October 19, 2017, 07:11:43 am
Testy are we? 😂

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 19, 2017, 11:07:49 am
Testy are we? 😂
That reference to archery is still cracking me up! Well played sir well played

arstatechamp13

Did this guy just question the coaching abilities of Keith Cornett? Must be new here. The fact that y'all are still talking about this game proves that he did something right. You're talking about a man that went to the state tournament 7 years in a row with 2 finals in a row. In that span of time he's had incredibly talented teams, untalented teams, big kids, and tiny kids.  He can win with whatever hand he's dealt.

SackAttack

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on October 19, 2017, 11:21:57 am
Did this guy just question the coaching abilities of Keith Cornett? Must be new here. The fact that y'all are still talking about this game proves that he did something right. You're talking about a man that went to the state tournament 7 years in a row with 2 finals in a row. In that span of time he's had incredibly talented teams, untalented teams, big kids, and tiny kids.  He can win with whatever hand he's dealt.
Exactly!! +1 Now you can expect him to pop back in with something about Hutch. Wait for it wait for it!!! Here it comes. any minute now! patience

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on October 19, 2017, 11:11:51 am
That reference to archery is still cracking me up! Well played sir well played
I'll be here all week 😂

HorseFeathers

....taking a break from actually being productive at work today....and thought I'd post a score in the score thread lol

From norfork last night
Omaha 66
Bay 39

thebigman3

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on October 19, 2017, 11:21:57 am
Making the State Tournament you have to win just 2 games. That's no big deal. Going deep or getting to the finals of the tournament is what matters. I understand what Sack is saying now about it being a mental beating, but at the same time, how are you going to beat a team like Shirley and lose to Sacred Heart. My credit goes out to Sacred Heart though.. they weren't supposed to win either one of those games, but yet they did.

arstatechamp13

I guarantee it had nothing to do with coaching. They say if the spread is less than 10 points, it's coaching.  If it's above 10 it's the players. You can coach your butt off but if the kids are playing bad all you can do is all you can do. That may not always be the case but I can assure you it was in this situation

Ctucker

Quote from: SackAttack on October 19, 2017, 11:55:03 am
Exactly!! +1 Now you can expect him to pop back in with something about Hutch. Wait for it wait for it!!! Here it comes. any minute now! patience
I diffently agree about Cornett that's why I said we should have never overlook them if we did he is a great coach! I played ball with him too and wasn't shady playing either.

Ctucker

Quote from: SackAttack on October 19, 2017, 11:55:03 am
I diffently agree about Cornett that's why I said we should have never overlook them if we did he is a great coach! I played ball with him too and wasn't shady playing either.

Hero of Twin Groves

Didn't Shirley lose to sacred a few years back to kiss a state tournament. Favored in that game I believe was Shirley. Who was coaching them then? I heard he got the big head and overlooked sacred.

ZacAttack

October 19, 2017, 07:59:22 pm #73 Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 10:10:07 pm by ZacAttack
Quote from: SackAttack on October 19, 2017, 10:11:25 am
If you werent there you wouldnt understand. This game also helped some other coaches in the area figure out how to be play them. Came within one second of keeping their butts home! So yes in many respects it was a psychological beating if not exactly on the scoreboard.  You young guys look only at the scoreboard us old experienced guys see how the game unfolds!
First, I consider myself an Old Guy and ,secondly, I also watched the game last year.  I thought Cornett pulled off a coaching masterpiece!  Not with the slowdown (Shirley leading at the half), but the tight zone in the second half took advantage of some Shirley offensive shortcomings.  Concord won the game, but I don't believe Shirley was "psychologically beat down".  Brown had to realize that Nemo would slow it down again; the same thing they did during the GFLC.  But Shirley held tough and pulled out the win.  I think those bumps in the road made the Shirley team a little tougher mentally and helped with their tourney run.

But I do believe Cornett is one of the best coaches in our area if not the state.  Looking forward to see how his teams do this season.

SackAttack

Quote from: ZacAttack on October 19, 2017, 07:59:22 pm
First, I consider myself an Old Guy and ,secondly, I also watched the game last year.  I thought Cornett pulled of a coaching masterpiece!  Not with the slowdown (Shirley leading at the half), but the tight zone in the second half took advantage of some Shirley offensive shortcomings.  Concord won the game, but I don't believe Shirley was "psychologically beat down".  Brown had to realize that Nemo would slow it down again; the same thing they did during the GFLC.  But Shirley held tough and pulled out the win.  I think those bumps in the road made the Shirley team a little tougher mentally and helped with their tourney run.

But I do believe Cornett is one of the best coaches in our area if not the state.  Looking forward to see how his teams do this season.
I agree Brown was absolutely ok going into state tournament as the 3 seed. Great draw! Shirley got dang lucky to beat Nemo Vista and  I imagine there was a big sigh of relief!! The Shirley run was aided by the best draw in the tourney IMO

HorseFeathers

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good?

NEA Razorback olfan

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 19, 2017, 08:54:36 pm
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good?
Ill give them credit for being both as hard as that was to say

BannerMountainMan

Girls: Shirley 54 St. Joe 47

arstatechamp13

MVE girls look good.

MVE 21
Concord 17

4:30 2nd

BannerChaser95

Sr Girls
Mammoth Springs 70
Kirby 51

Motownsportsfan

Wonderview girls over Jasper. 62 to 38

BannerMountainMan

Girls: Shirley 15 Guy 10 after 1

arstatechamp13

Girls
MVE 52
Concord 44
Final

Good game. MVE had a big run and never looked back

BannerChaser95

Sr boys
Kirby 63
Mammoth Springs 54

arstatechamp13

Boys after 1
MVE 20
Concord 17

3 point shootout

BannerMountainMan

Guy 55 Shirley 54 Girls Final

arstatechamp13

Halftime
MVE 39
Concord 28

Out of MVE's 39 I'm almost positive 36 are 3s. It's an incredible display

arstatechamp13

BannerMountainMan

BannerMountainMan

BannerMountainMan

Kept it close until refs fouled #3 out of the game, 77-56 end of 3

BannerMountainMan

lineman76

County line over Scranton 55-27

Blueway

MVE 77 Concord 67 @concord

Baller_34

Armorel 61
Riverside 42
Boys

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 20, 2017, 07:49:12 pm
Guy 55 Shirley 54 Girls Final
I will give it to Shirley girls. They have improved a lot since last year. That new Coach must know what she's doin.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 22, 2017, 12:26:26 pm
I will give it to Shirley girls. They have improved a lot since last year. That new Coach must know what she's doin.
started 5 sophomores. That's why. Coaching was questionable.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 22, 2017, 12:51:20 pm
started 5 sophomores. That's why. Coaching was questionable.
Who started 5 sophomores? This years or last years coach?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 22, 2017, 01:08:37 pm
Who started 5 sophomores? This years or last years coach?
this years. That's why they are way better. And the coach didn't foul for the last 3 minutes when they were down?? She just let the clock run out. This isnt college basketball where you have a dang shot clock

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas