• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 4A Top Ten--Week 8

Started by Mike Bonds, October 16, 2017, 04:37:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

1.  Joe T. Robinson
2.  Pea Ridge
3.  Warren
4.  Arkadelphia
5.  Ashdown
6.  Dardanelle
7.  Booneville
8.  Batesville Southside
9.  Prairie Grove
10.  Shiloh Christian

FootBallar21

Ashdown 5 but no Nashville ?   

beach bum

Batesville Southside out.... Nashville in.

RyanLR

Quote from: beach bum on October 16, 2017, 09:42:45 pm
Batesville Southside out.... Nashville in.
I was about to say they're undefeated, but looking at their schedule they literally haven't played anyone good yet.

beach bum

Quote from: RyanLR on October 16, 2017, 09:47:54 pm
I was about to say they're undefeated, but looking at their schedule they literally haven't played anyone good yet.

I think your 2 seed is going to take them to the wood shed in the 2nd round.

beach bum

October 16, 2017, 09:53:57 pm #5 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:56:00 pm by beach bum
Southside reminds me of Pokey a few years back... 10-0 and they think they have a shot to go deep and then get bounced in the 2nd round just like people from the outside knew they would cause they were in a down conference. Southside will be playing a way harder opponent than Pocahontas played that year too in the 2nd round. Their only solid win is over Stuttgart. No one is scared of a team that beat Bald Knob by 7, Riverview by 4, and Lonoke by 14. A real title contender would be mercy ruling those 3 teams.

beach bum

October 16, 2017, 10:03:27 pm #6 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 10:09:19 pm by beach bum
Tier 1
1.Warren
2.Robinson

Tier 2
3.Arkadelphia
4.Pea Ridge

Tier 3
5.Nashville
6.Ashdown
7.Prairie Grove
8.Shiloh Christian

Tier 4
9.Booneville
10.Dardanelle
11.Southside Batesville
12.Stuttgart

..... Not trying to be hateful but no other teams will have a shot at a deep run imo. The 8 quarterfinalist teams playing the day after Thanksgving will come from this list of 12 teams.

Mike Bonds

cuckoobird

No one is scared of a team that gets beat by dequeen either

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on October 16, 2017, 10:03:27 pm
Tier 1
1.Warren
2.Robinson

Tier 2
3.Arkadelphia
4.Pea Ridge

Tier 3
5.Nashville
6.Ashdown
7.Prairie Grove
8.Shiloh Christian

Tier 4
9.Booneville
10.Dardanelle
11.Southside Batesville
12.Stuttgart

..... Not trying to be hateful but no other teams will have a shot at a deep run imo. The 8 quarterfinalist teams playing the day after Thanksgving will come from this list of 12 teams.

That's about right, but I'd put Arkadelphia in tier 1 also.

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 17, 2017, 07:21:46 am

Ok, true.... Maybe I am being generous there. And going too much off of potential.

beach bum

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 17, 2017, 07:35:37 am
That's about right, but I'd put Arkadelphia in tier 1 also.

I will trust your judgment there more than mine.... You have seen them in person and Warren so you have seen both play to compare them.

Goose0

Quote from: beach bum on October 16, 2017, 10:03:27 pm
Tier 1
1.Warren
2.Robinson

Tier 2
3.Arkadelphia
4.Pea Ridge

Tier 3
5.Nashville
6.Ashdown
7.Prairie Grove
8.Shiloh Christian

Tier 4
9.Booneville
10.Dardanelle
11.Southside Batesville
12.Stuttgart

I know numbers do not really mean anything but, I will say this until a team steps up on defense and stops Cezar Warren from Robinson they remain the top team in the state in 4a.  Arkadelphia has been the only defense to limit that offense, but they could not limit Warren based off his rushing stats.  Until The Jacks get a chance to play either one of these opponents (Robsinson/Arkadelphia) IMO Robinson ranks #1 Arkadelphia ranks #2 and Warren i feel ranks at #3 but like i said IMO.  But with weeks left in the regular season anything could change.

AirWarren

Quote from: Goose0 on October 17, 2017, 10:46:14 am
I know numbers do not really mean anything but, I will say this until a team steps up on defense and stops Cezar Warren from Robinson they remain the top team in the state in 4a.  Arkadelphia has been the only defense to limit that offense, but they could not limit Warren based off his rushing stats.  Until The Jacks get a chance to play either one of these opponents (Robsinson/Arkadelphia) IMO Robinson ranks #1 Arkadelphia ranks #2 and Warren i feel ranks at #3 but like i said IMO.  But with weeks left in the regular season anything could change.

If Warren makes it to the playoffs.......

We have the defensive line and a couple of linebackers that will be up for it.

And Cezar Warren hasn't seen a Treylon Burks on the other side of the ball yet this year. Then we will see what he is all about.

Goose0

Quote from: AirWarren on October 17, 2017, 10:55:25 am
If Warren makes it to the playoffs.......

We have the defensive line and a couple of linebackers that will be up for it.

And Cezar Warren hasn't seen a Treylon Burks on the other side of the ball yet this year. Then we will see what he is all about.

Without a doubt Warren will make the playoffs it is just how the Brackets align if they get to match up with them.  Haven't looked at the brackets much and like I said there are still a few weeks left in the season. Anything could happen.

To twist your question has Treylon Burks seen a Cezar Warren?  IMO it would be a battle I would love to watch thats for sure.

AirWarren

Quote from: Goose0 on October 17, 2017, 11:01:48 am
Without a doubt Warren will make the playoffs it is just how the Brackets align if they get to match up with them.  Haven't looked at the brackets much and like I said there are still a few weeks left in the season. Anything could happen.

To twist your question has Treylon Burks seen a Cezar Warren?  IMO it would be a battle I would love to watch thats for sure.

Ill take Treylon over any player in the 4A. Closest player that can match him athletically is justice hill. And he was a non factor at WR when treylon was one on one with him.

bigchief72455

Quote from: beach bum on October 16, 2017, 09:53:57 pm
Southside reminds me of Pokey a few years back... 10-0 and they think they have a shot to go deep and then get bounced in the 2nd round just like people from the outside knew they would cause they were in a down conference. Southside will be playing a way harder opponent than Pocahontas played that year too in the 2nd round. Their only solid win is over Stuttgart. No one is scared of a team that beat Bald Knob by 7, Riverview by 4, and Lonoke by 14. A real title contender would be mercy ruling those 3 teams.
Pocahontas would have won that round if they had their starting qb. But we do not live in a woulda coulda shoulda world. That team was very good though.

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on October 17, 2017, 11:14:37 am
Ill take Treylon over any player in the 4A. Closest player that can match him athletically is justice hill. And he was a non factor at WR when treylon was one on one with him.

Luckily for the rest of 4A, it's not a 1 on 1 game. There will be 20 other players on the field for each of these studs to have to navigate through.

bulldoghistorian

That Pokey team 2 years ago was as good as advertised, even without their starting quarterback!!!

AirWarren

Quote from: hogfan10 on October 17, 2017, 11:29:15 am
Luckily for the rest of 4A, it's not a 1 on 1 game. There will be 20 other players on the field for each of these studs to have to navigate through.

Yup. And our only loss is to a team that is #2 in 5a and their only loss is PA.

We got the horses. Everyone will see come playoff time.

Put us at 1. Put us at 48. Doesn't matter. Warren will be there to play.

cuckoobird

Well our losses are from 3 teams with a combined record of 19-2 and their 2 losses are from the #1 team in 4a and the #2 team in 5a

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on October 17, 2017, 11:48:29 am
Yup. And our only loss is to a team that is #2 in 5a and their only loss is PA.

We got the horses. Everyone will see come playoff time.

Put us at 1. Put us at 48. Doesn't matter. Warren will be there to play.

And who are your wins against?

AirWarren

AirWarren

October 17, 2017, 12:26:52 pm #23 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:31:04 pm by AirWarren
BUT. I'll play your stupid little game.

Through the weeks played so far.

Arkadelphia opponent record to date: 22-27
Warren opponent record to date: 24-26

Arkadelphia best opponent records:
Robinson(7-0) 4a
Nashville/Stuttgart(4-3) 4a

Worst opponent record:
Sheridan(0-7) 6a

Warren best opponent record:
LR Christian academy(6-1) 5A
Watson chapel(5-2) 5A
Dumas/stuttgart(4-3) 4a

Warren worst opponent record:
Crossett(1-7) 4A

So I ask you, WHO HAVE YOU PLAYED?

RyanLR

I thought Treylon Burks and Koilan Jackson were almost mirror images of each other last year. With Jackson just being a little bit older. Burks' size and speed combination with the versatility is what makes him so good. IDK how many offers he has but I imagine it's a lot. Totally different to try to compare Burks to Caezar Warren since they're totally different positions. I tell you this though, Caezar is the best middle linebacker I've ever seen at Robinson. I talked to my brother who was class of 86' and followed the Senators through the 90's, that he didn't know of a linebacker of his caliber either. He's a very good running back not great. I say that because the Senators O-Line right now is so dominant that any back we put back there gets a high YPC.

beach bum

October 17, 2017, 01:12:43 pm #25 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:16:34 pm by beach bum
Quote from: bulldoghistorian on October 17, 2017, 11:46:38 am
That Pokey team 2 years ago was as good as advertised, even without their starting quarterback!!!

Huh?? They lost in the 2nd round to a team that went on to be mercy ruled the next game by Prairie Grove. How is that good as advertised? 55-20 is technically up to the 35 point mercy rule. Their posters and other 3-4A posters were trying to crown them as title contenders and they lost in the 2nd round to a team that was beat handily the next game. That is not even close to a title contender that they were being touted as just because they went 10-0 in a bad conference.

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on October 17, 2017, 12:26:52 pm
BUT. I'll play your stupid little game.

Through the weeks played so far.

Arkadelphia opponent record to date: 22-27
Warren opponent record to date: 24-26

Arkadelphia best opponent records:
Robinson(7-0) 4a
Nashville/Stuttgart(4-3) 4a

Worst opponent record:
Sheridan(0-7) 6a

Warren best opponent record:
LR Christian academy(6-1) 5A
Watson chapel(5-2) 5A
Dumas/stuttgart(4-3) 4a

Warren worst opponent record:
Crossett(1-7) 4A

So I ask you, WHO HAVE YOU PLAYED?

Why would you ask, you've already showed us?

But to play your game; our only loss is to 7-0 JTR by 4 pts, and that was without our best offensive weapon.
I'd say our best win is against Nashville followed by Stuttgart (I guess). Unless it's Stuttgart, I don't see a good win for Warren in class 4A, do you?

BP74

Until teams meet on the field, you can only compare what's on paper and scores.
I was impressed with Watson Chapel win until I looked at who they've played and scores.
They barely beat Hot Springs that's not very good at all. That conference in 5A is way down to what it's traditionally been.
Only other comparison thats worth much is common opponent of Stuttgart.
Warren 27-13
Arkadelphia 29-0

LJ06

After last season I'm gonna be very intrigued to see how 7-4A progresses in the playoffs this year. Very disappointing for a conference that was highly touted. We will see if this season is deja vu or not.

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: LJ06 on October 17, 2017, 03:31:50 pm
After last season I'm gonna be very intrigued to see how 7-4A progresses in the playoffs this year. Very disappointing for a conference that was highly touted. We will see if this season is deja vu or not.
Been a lot of one and done from 7-4a over the years.

ABC™

Quote from: SCRAPYARD on October 17, 2017, 03:47:59 pm
Been a lot of one and done from 7-4a over the years.
We do our best to rub off on the rest of the conference but it's hard to teach others how to win in the playoffs.

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: ABC™ on October 17, 2017, 03:54:44 pm
We do our best to rub off on the rest of the conference but it's hard to teach others how to win in the playoffs.
"Win" it counts.

ABC™

AirWarren

Quote from: hogfan10 on October 17, 2017, 01:41:21 pm
Why would you ask, you've already showed us?

But to play your game; our only loss is to 7-0 JTR by 4 pts, and that was without our best offensive weapon.
I'd say our best win is against Nashville followed by Stuttgart (I guess). Unless it's Stuttgart, I don't see a good win for Warren in class 4A, do you?

Big whoop.

Have your little regular season top ranking. We will see come playoff time.

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on October 17, 2017, 08:11:41 pm
Big whoop.

Have your little regular season top ranking. We will see come playoff time.

Not sure what you're talking about, warren is ranked ahead of Arkadelphia in this poll.

scrapdawgof06

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 17, 2017, 07:21:46 am

Says the guy who's team got blanked by Arkadelphia.

AirWarren

Quote from: hogfan10 on October 17, 2017, 08:53:16 pm
Not sure what you're talking about, warren is ranked ahead of Arkadelphia in this poll.

I'm not the one clamoring for relevance. Or respect. Or who has played who.

We will see come November.

nastynice

The Nasty Top 10

1. Joe T
2. Warren
3. Arky
4. Elite Ridge
5. P. Grove
6. Shiloh
7. Ashdown
8. SS
9. Dardy
10.Booneville

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on October 18, 2017, 05:40:05 am
I'm not the one clamoring for relevance. Or respect. Or who has played who.

We will see come November.

Odd, you seem to be the one on here always demanding respect. I think most people on here know that year in and year out that Warren/Nashville will be in the hunt.
Yet, you feel the need to continuously toot your teams own horn at any mention of another school possibly being relevant. I don't think I mentioned my team in this thread until you brought them up.

ABC™

Is Warren even able to field a team this year?  AW usually lets us hear about how bad it is over there.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: ABC™ on October 18, 2017, 10:50:40 am
Is Warren even able to field a team this year?  AW usually lets us hear about how bad it is over there.

They have just enough kids but they are struggling with uniforms, matching shoes (I'm not talking about cleats, just any form of a shoe), the bus is broke down.  Shiloh is actually sponsoring Warren through a charity called Right to Play.  I think Warren will have a good chance to make most of their games an even get some sack lunches on road trips with bologna sandwiches and some funyuns.... This is really what it's all about...  Helping each other...

FootBallar21

Arkadelphia is defeintly tier 1

Also I would predict Mena would be undefeated with Southside Batesville schedule just saying.

OLDSCHOOL82

Whats wrong with bologna sammiches and funyuns?  Sounds like a tasty lunch to me!  Nitrates are good for the soul!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 18, 2017, 11:18:42 am
Arkadelphia is defeintly tier 1

Also I would predict Mena would be undefeated with Southside Batesville schedule just saying.

Nah, Mena wouldn't even beat Riverview.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 18, 2017, 11:19:24 am
Whats wrong with bologna sammiches and funyuns?  Sounds like a tasty lunch to me!  Nitrates are good for the soul!

I always thought it was good eatin... Really nice if you fry that bologna but where I am now it's not good enough for the help or even the dogs, so I have to use it in my insults...  At Subway I always get the cold cut combo, a fancy way to say bologna sandwich... 

AirWarren

Quote from: ABC™ on October 18, 2017, 10:50:40 am

The struggle is real.

They just built a second Dollar General in town. So we are hoping to find a couple more kids to bring our roster to 20 kids.

AirWarren

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 18, 2017, 11:00:02 am
They have just enough kids but they are struggling with uniforms, matching shoes (I'm not talking about cleats, just any form of a shoe), the bus is broke down.  Shiloh is actually sponsoring Warren through a charity called Right to Play.  I think Warren will have a good chance to make most of their games an even get some sack lunches on road trips with bologna sandwiches and some funyuns.... This is really what it's all about...  Helping each other...

God bless you saint Maximus.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: AirWarren on October 18, 2017, 01:00:22 pm
God bless you saint Maximus.

Thank you, but remember... God blesses everyone!!! 

AirWarren

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 18, 2017, 01:04:44 pm
Thank you, but remember... God blesses everyone!!! 

God blessed Warren, with his own hand.

- Little Texas circa 1993

AirWarren

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 18, 2017, 12:48:15 pm
I always thought it was good eatin... Really nice if you fry that bologna but where I am now it's not good enough for the help or even the dogs, so I have to use it in my insults...  At Subway I always get the cold cut combo, a fancy way to say bologna sandwich... 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas