• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lakeside vs DeQueen

Started by leopardsman22, October 14, 2017, 09:25:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

leopardsman22

redsport27

Dequeen is coming off a HUGE win that still sees them in the playoff picture. Lakeside is continuing their dominance in the south. Both teams have momentum going into this game. I like that this game is played at Dequeen because Lakeside will be tested. I think the game will be deadlocked for the first half, then Lakeside will find their rhythm and come out with the win. I see Lakeside by 10.

GuvHog

Don't underestimate De Queens defense. They are much better now than when the played WC so I wouldn't be surprised to see them get the win at home.

leopardsman22

DeQueen completly shut down Camdens run game. They had 2 big mistakes that resulted in a TD. If Dequeen can take away a few mistakes i like their chances. I'm still very impressed with the big turn around this year on defense. Like I mentioned last week i love my home town but we are behind the times when it comes to supporting our coaches. I'm afraid our new DC will end up 1 and done moving on to a place with better pay and more assistants etc. Then we will end up back in the same boat. It looks like our jr high numbers have gotten really big close to 90 + and sr high looks to be close to 60 and our school has them all stuffed in a little building. We are one of few schools without turf in 5A. I counted 6 coaches for high school and jr has either 2 or 3 from what i saw. I love my home town but we are so far behind the times on how to build a program it is rediculous. Friday's game was packed no telling how much was made but that money seems to never be put into our facilities.

RamFan06

Lakeside is starting to hit on all cylinders. We know the running game is hard to stop but now the passing game is coming together and an already good O line is starting to play as a unit even more.

DeQueen seems to be figuring some things out and it sounds like they are playing more physical than in the past. That being said, one of the strengths of this years Rams team is the coaches ability to make adjustments at halftime.

I expect The Rams to come out and put points on the board quickly,  but they may also give up some quick points until those adjustments can be made. Another 150+ yard game for Swanson, close to 100 for James and at least 1 TD through the air.

Lakeside 38
DeQueen 17

Underdog2017

I think it's gonna be an all out war!

Big things happening in DQ. This team has more community support & fan involvement than it's had in years. The team has momentum & heart. If they get down the fans lift them up.

I think this game is gonna come down to who strikes blood first & who has the least amount of mistakes. I'm going with DQ by 1 score, FG or TD.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Underdog2017 on October 17, 2017, 01:26:36 pm
I think it's gonna be an all out war!

Big things happening in DQ. This team has more community support & fan involvement than it's had in years. The team has momentum & heart. If they get down the fans lift them up.

I think this game is gonna come down to who strikes blood first & who has the least amount of mistakes. I'm going with DQ by 1 score, FG or TD.
+1  Go Leopards

Shooter McGavin

Leopards get the upset, 35-31

GuvHog

Quote from: Shooter McGavin on October 19, 2017, 09:52:37 am
Leopards get the upset, 35-31

This is really a HUGE game for the Leopards. With a win over Lakeside, the Leopards would clinch a playoff bid for the first time since moving up to the 5A South.

RamFan06

Quote from: GuvHog on October 20, 2017, 09:50:57 am
This is really a HUGE game for the Leopards. With a win over Lakeside, the Leopards would clinch a playoff bid for the first time since moving up to the 5A South.

Even with a loss to Lakeside, DQ should make the playoffs. They have Magnolia and White Hall left which should both be wins for this DeQueen team. This will be the biggest test for the Rams to this point. DQ will most likely be the most physical team they play this season. Will be a fun game to watch.

razorcardsfan11

This shall be a good game. I see lakeside pulling out the win, but I hope I'm wrong. I would love for DeQueen to upset lakeside

RamFan06

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on October 20, 2017, 12:04:59 pm
This shall be a good game. I see lakeside pulling out the win, but I hope I'm wrong. I would love for DeQueen to upset lakeside

No No No you dont want that. Come on be honest, you are really a Ram Fan at heart!!!

Underdog2017

Lakeside 49 - DeQueen 14. Lakeside struck first and DQ had too many turnovers and penalties. Didn't seem like the same team on the field as previous weeks!

leopardsman22

Worst I have seen the team all year. Not taking anything from Lakeside they were a good team but our boys looked terrible from start to finish think they may have had more penalties and turnover tonight than all of the other games combined.

redsport27

I was expecting a closer contest. Lakeside made a statement tonight though. Next Friday will be exciting in the south.

Underdog2017

Quote from: leopardsman22 on October 20, 2017, 11:33:51 pm
Worst I have seen the team all year. Not taking anything from Lakeside they were a good team but our boys looked terrible from start to finish think they may have had more penalties and turnover tonight than all of the other games combined.

+1

RamFan06

Lakeside dominated this game from the beginning. The Rams feature back, Dupree Swanson, went 65 yards from scrimmage for a TD on his first touch. The 2nd week in a row he has taken his first touch for a TD, last week was 51 yards.  The Rams scored 4 more times before half, 2 short runs by Swanson, 1 by Michael James and a scare through the air from QB Gillham to Flemming. DeQueen got in the end zone once during the first half with Hunter Earney.

The 2nd half opened with another short TD run from Earney but the Rams 2 more times on the ground in the 3rd quarter. After that Lakeside pulled the starters and ran with the 2s and 3s the rest of the game.

The difference in this game was the physical play by the Rams O Line and Defense. This DeQueen team was much more physical than most of the other teams we have faced this year, but they still couldn't match up with the physicality of this Rams team. Lakeside forced 5 turnovers, 4 fumbles and an INT. Penalty yardage, contrary to other comments, were fairly equal for both teams, Dequeen had 8 for 42 yards and LS had 5 for 40.

DeQueen should make the playoffs with the 3 or 4 seed. Their biggest challenge is depth. Most of their skill players are playing both ways. Both tail backs and the QB were playing most snaps on defense as well as offense. If they could keep Earney on the bench while they are on D and let him play more snaps on offense they would be a much more dangerous team. Their #2 back is good but he is not nearly as physical as Earney.

Lakeside is peaking at the right time. They are looking strong and healthy going into Friday night with the conference championship and #1 seed on the line against Chapel.

On a side note. It was great, after the long drive, to arrive at Leopard Stadium to some of the best press box facilities in the 5A South. Great hospitality as well. Well done DeQueen, many schools could learn from your example.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas