• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Burg @ Hackett Round Two!

Started by Dragonsvoice, October 14, 2017, 08:13:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonsvoice

Going to be a dog fight I believe, but I think the burg has enough to win again. think both teams playing well this far into the season.

What's your opinions on this one, wont be surprised whoever wins just looking for a good game with no injuries.

GreenMachine

I think Hackett walks away with this one, as long as the Hornets can stop the misdirection The Burg runs. Hackett gave Danville a run for their money. Going to be interesting!

Allen T

Hackett won't lose to the Dragons a second time. Really don't know how they lost the first. They have more speed and their QB can pass, is fast and slippery. Should win this game by 14.

NWA Hawg

Which game counts for the conference standings?

Prouddragondad

Quote from: fann07 on October 14, 2017, 10:09:15 pm
Which game counts for the conference standings?
The first game counted so all Burg has to do is beat magazine and we finish 2nd

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Allen T on October 14, 2017, 10:00:55 pm
Hackett won't lose to the Dragons a second time. Really don't know how they lost the first. They have more speed and their QB can pass, is fast and slippery. Should win this game by 14.
You ask how Burg beat Hackett the first time well it's pretty simple we out played them. Both teams made mistakes the first time around so no excuses there. This should be another good game could go either way but I wouldn't count Burg out

Prouddragondad

Quote from: GreenMachine on October 14, 2017, 08:16:20 pm
I think Hackett walks away with this one, as long as the Hornets can stop the misdirection The Burg runs. Hackett gave Danville a run for their money. Going to be interesting!
Wish we could play Danville in week 10 like it should have been when they join the conference but Danville had a non conference game scheduled with Augusta in week 10 before they came to our conference so they asked if Burg would move the game to week 3 so they wouldn't lose the non conference game. Would have been nice not having to play them right after Hackett. Atleast next year when Hector takes their place we will play them in week 10

young_gun

Quote from: Prouddragondad on October 14, 2017, 10:35:48 pm
Wish we could play Danville in week 10 like it should have been when they join the conference but Danville had a non conference game scheduled with Augusta in week 10 before they came to our conference so they asked if Burg would move the game to week 3 so they wouldn't lose the non conference game. Would have been nice not having to play them right after Hackett. Atleast next year when Hector takes their place we will play them in week 10

Recheck your info. Week 10 is the bye we drew. There were 9 teams in original conference so everyone drew for byes while conference started week 2. We drew week 10 and picked up Augusta. Would have rather had week 3 bye easier to find a game.

bigworm

Doesnt danville bump back up to 3a next year? Thats why hector back in i think.

young_gun

Quote from: bigworm on October 14, 2017, 11:35:57 pm
Doesnt danville bump back up to 3a next year? Thats why hector back in i think.

Yes Danville goes back up

bigworm

Sorry, now i see where he said hector replaces them so they play Hector week 10. My bad

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Allen T on October 14, 2017, 10:00:55 pm

We're a very young team. Few seniors on the team honestly... The QB, tailback, fullback, several offensive and defense players you saw Friday are just juniors and sophomores. Burg was week two, and this teams first big test. We played tough, but made a lot of big mistakes (interceptions, fumbles, bad snaps on punts) stuff you can't do against a team like Burg. They beat us because of that to, it was a good learning experience. This Hackett team will be pretty salty next year with a lot of these kids being seniors.

We played Danville tough and had our chances but just ran out of steam. We went into the 4th quarter dead locked at 7-6 and you could really see our boys were wore out. Hopefully we can get some redemption this week against Burg even though the game doesn't really count.

Prouddragondad

Quote from: young_gun on October 14, 2017, 11:33:08 pm
Recheck your info. Week 10 is the bye we drew. There were 9 teams in original conference so everyone drew for byes while conference started week 2. We drew week 10 and picked up Augusta. Would have rather had week 3 bye easier to find a game.
You may need to recheck your info cause there was never 9 teams in the conference it was only 8 now 7 since UC dropped. I could explain this all to you but it would be a really long post and then you and other would probably disagree with me so it's pointless and it really doesn't matter anymore since Danville's moving up next year so I'll just say this Danville has a really good team that I wish we could play again and I hope you guys do good in the playoffs cause it makes the conference look better so good luck in the last 2 weeks and in playoffs.

Allen T

Wish we were not moving up next year. With a team of mostly juniors this year I believe it would of been hard to stop us next year. Still, this year we have a pretty good team. Anything can happen in the playoffs. As for the next two years, we'll be in 3A but looks like we might drop back down after this cycle. Will miss playing Mountainburg and Hackett. They have such a great fan base and they usually always have solid teams. Hope to see you both soon. Good luck to you both in the playoffs. GO LITTLE JOHNS.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 15, 2017, 03:41:24 am
We're a very young team. Few seniors on the team honestly... The QB, tailback, fullback, several offensive and defense players you saw Friday are just juniors and sophomores. Burg was week two, and this teams first big test. We played tough, but made a lot of big mistakes (interceptions, fumbles, bad snaps on punts) stuff you can't do against a team like Burg. They beat us because of that to, it was a good learning experience. This Hackett team will be pretty salty next year with a lot of these kids being seniors.

We played Danville tough and had our chances but just ran out of steam. We went into the 4th quarter dead locked at 7-6 and you could really see our boys were wore out. Hopefully we can get some redemption this week against Burg even though the game doesn't really count.
So is Danville, with only 1 Senior starting on offense and 2 on defense is rough. The rest of the team is Juniors except 1 O-Lineman and Seniors. Next year looks promising for the Little Johns for the fact 99% of the team will be Seniors, only if they weren't moving back to 3A

young_gun

Quote from: Prouddragondad on October 15, 2017, 07:52:25 am
You may need to recheck your info cause there was never 9 teams in the conference it was only 8 now 7 since UC dropped. I could explain this all to you but it would be a really long post and then you and other would probably disagree with me so it's pointless and it really doesn't matter anymore since Danville's moving up next year so I'll just say this Danville has a really good team that I wish we could play again and I hope you guys do good in the playoffs cause it makes the conference look better so good luck in the last 2 weeks and in playoffs.

Simple math for you:

1) Danville
2) Mountainburg
3) Hackett
4) Lavaca
5) Magazine
6) JC Westside
7) WYC
8) Decatur
9) Was Union Christian

When new cycle started Danville and Lavaca both dropped to join the conference. This created a 9 team conference and booted Hector out. So they couldn't just replace Hectors schedule bc two new teams were in the conference so they had to redraw. Danville drew week 10 and picked up Augusta bc like us they had a 9 team conference and they had a week 10 open. When Union dropped football right before last season it created an extra open date for all teams in the conference. Now that I dropped some knowledge for you back to the topic at hand.

I do not see Hackett losing to Mountainburg again. The gimmick offense of Mountainburg got them the first time but I don't see it happening again. It will be a good game and good luck to both teams and hope there are no injuries as the playoffs are nearing and I believe our 1-3 can play with any other conference come playoff time.

Prouddragondad

Ok you got me on the number of teams I skipped one give you credit for that but still disagree with how you think it went. It's pointless cause we will never agree and you guys are gone next year but heard it's a good chance Danville will move back down in 2 yrs. I will agree with that I to think our top 3 teams can play with any conference although others will probably disagree with us. Anyways even though this game doesn't mean anything besides for proud I'm interested to see how Burg does cause we made some changes after the Danville game and it's looked really good but I know we haven't played any real good competition so this will be the first real test to see if what we did was the right moves. I just hope both teams come away healthy and make a deep playoff run. Go Dragons!

Dragonsvoice

"I believe this game will be one for the books.  going to be a good game!

Both teams have had time to perfect their "Gimmicks" I don't know any team who doesn't have a "gimmick" that's what you practice I think?

what if the Burg has a new gimmick!  ???

we will see who makes the least mistakes that's what it will come down too.

DnA Prostaff

Where is this one at? Jr high at Hackett so is Sr high at Burg?

Prouddragondad

Jr high and Sr high games will both be at Hackett

Hornet4ever

Hopefully Hackett will take care of business and finish the season strong

Ventman

I got those Hornets in this one.

Dragonsvoice

I am taken the Burg by two scores.

Prouddragondad

I think Im right on this if Mtburg beats Hackett they will make history and be the first team to possibly finish 8-1 for the season so they have something to play for besides just trying to prove everyone wrong again. Let's Go Dragons!

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Prouddragondad on October 18, 2017, 08:05:37 pm
I think Im right on this if Mtburg beats Hackett they will make history and be the first team to possibly finish 8-1 for the season so they have something to play for besides just trying to prove everyone wrong again. Let's Go Dragons!
Just to make sure no one gets confused the first team from Burg to finish 8-1

Dragonsvoice

I thought the magazine had a perfect season with the chamber bros?

Dragonsvoice

oh you mean as the burg as a whole, not the conference!

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 18, 2017, 08:11:51 pm
I thought the magazine had a perfect season with the chamber bros?
see this is why I posted something else cause I knew someone would get confused. Yes a school record at Burg. Lol!

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: Prouddragondad on October 18, 2017, 08:15:21 pm
see this is why I posted something else cause I knew someone would get confused. Yes a school record at Burg. Lol!
funny it was me :P

Dragonsvoice

from what I've heard sounds like both teams have a new look?

DnA Prostaff

Hackett pulls ahead in this one... I think they got a wake up call against the Burg last time... Hackett 35, Burg 20

Time to prove who is the better team.... Too bad this one don't count as the conference game.

Mountainburg hasn't played anybody competitive since Danville....  Hackett looking for a win after playing Danville close.....

Hornet4ever

Hackett takes the opening play to the house. TD Hornets!

6-0 Hackett

Hornet4ever

Nice drive by Mountainburg, we couldn't stop none of that!

7-6 Burg

Hornet4ever

Burg takes another drive to the house, whew it's gonna be tough to slow this offense down.

Hornet4ever

Hackett scores on a 4th and 5 to save the drive!

Burg 13

Hackett 12

Hornet4ever

Burg scores again on a 4th and 8!

Burg has athletes all over the field. #5 is a STUD

Hornet4ever

I had to leave the game early and have not received any updates since

Prouddragondad

Burg 34 Hackett 12 4:45 left 3rd

Prouddragondad

TD Burg 41-12  4 seconds left 3rd

Hornet4ever

Burg putting a whooping on us! Good game Dragons. Been awhile since we've been beat like this.

Prouddragondad

Td Burg 47-12 9:00 left in game clock running

Prouddragondad

Where is all the people at that said Burg would get beat. No excuses this time Mountainburg is the better team and they proved it tonight. Dominated both sides of the ball. Way to make a statement tonight Dragons!

Prouddragondad

Prouddragondad

DnA Prostaff

Eating crow.... Good job dragons and good luck

Prouddragondad

Your not the only one eating crow. For a gimmick offense it sure does look good.

Allen T

Eating Crow too! Thought the Hornets would win this time. Sounds like the Dragons have gotten it together. Looks like your gearing it up at the right time. God luck in the playoffs.

Prouddragondad

Hey young gun want you ask Hackett about that gimmick offense burg has 47 points with a gimmick offense I'll take that all day

Prouddragondad

I mean no disrespect to the Hackett football team I hope they have a good run in the playoffs I'm just tired of people thinking Mtburg is not that good. I said it before and I'll say it again I wish we could play Danville again.

rattlerfan24

this conference is about to get really good for a couple years. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas