• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game of the week Earl at Cross County week 8

Started by Legendhogan51, October 13, 2017, 11:16:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Legendhogan51

Thank what you want but this game is going to be a whole lot closer than what you think CC have won the last two years like it or not as long as Cross County keep the ball off the ground and get to the quarterback and fourth bad throws It's going to be one heck of a game i'm not going to protect all I'm gonna too say is good luck to both teams hope for no injuries and play hard it's going to be a battle between CC running backs and Earls passing game

beach bum

loce1959

Earle by 35. The Earle band will be directly responsible for at least 14 of those. LOL

Risonwildcat212

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 14, 2017, 07:39:14 am
This will not be game of the week.

Kinda what I was thinking, Hazen @ Des Arc is a bigger game with more implications.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 14, 2017, 07:44:18 am
Kinda what I was thinking, Hazen @ Des Arc is a bigger game with more implications.
Rison @ Harmony Grove is as well.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

bdubyab60

Yeah this game probably decides the conference winner. More than likely I'll be at this one since we travel next week.

After last night this conference is Earles to lose. Gonna take a perfect game from CC and probably a few mistakes from Earle. This isn't the same Earle team from the past two years. They have 3 or4 players that are more than capable of making plays.

I've also been thinking this for a little bit as well. Bohannon isn't the best player on the field for Earle. 58 is and absolute monster and requires a double team each play.
Bohannon is good for sure but he's been inconsistent along with his receivers so far. The disruption 58 brings is consistent and reeks havoc on the offense.

Earle pulls away to win this one

playmaker04

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 14, 2017, 08:30:09 am
Yeah this game probably decides the conference winner. More than likely I'll be at this one since we travel next week.

After last night this conference is Earles to lose. Gonna take a perfect game from CC and probably a few mistakes from Earle. This isn't the same Earle team from the past two years. They have 3 or4 players that are more than capable of making plays.

I've also been thinking this for a little bit as well. Bohannon isn't the best player on the field for Earle. 58 is and absolute monster and requires a double team each play.
Bohannon is good for sure but he's been inconsistent along with his receivers so far. The disruption 58 brings is consistent and reeks havoc on the offense.

Earle pulls away to win this one
we have been talking about that kid since he was in jr high. Pit or Dogg refresh my memory,did he not play against us last year because of an injury? I wanna say it was him in street clothes as we were leaving the field he was very polite to the fans and congratulated us as we left.

Dogg

He didn't play because of an injury. He's an animal. Only a sophomore

Legendhogan51

Rison @ harmony grove will be a good game but Earl at cross county both games both teams undefeated in conference Hazan will beat Des Arc

playmaker04

Quote from: Dogg on October 14, 2017, 09:44:30 am
He didn't play because of an injury. He's an animal. Only a sophomore
That's what I thought. Seemed to be a very polite kid. Was very impressed with him in that regard also. Especially after a loss. What is his name?

AmericanVandal1987

CC will shut down. Mentally weak and the single wing offense is incredibly slow. Earle will exploit this weakness and their QB will run & pass relentlessly on CC. CC has played nobodies. Midland, Rector, Salem, all below-average teams.

MTINDIANFAN

It will not even close. CC is living off of its past. Their gauntlet is coming in the next 3 weeks.

playmaker04

Quote from: MTINDIANFAN on October 14, 2017, 11:28:58 am
It will not even close. CC is living off of its past. Their gauntlet is coming in the next 3 weeks.
I bet it will be closer than the Marked Tree score. Not sure how we're living in the past. We are slow. We have big backs that grind yardage. In this offense you can't play behind the sticks. If we have alot of false starts or holding penalties we will be in trouble for sure. Earle had trouble with#36 last year and he's healthy again. We have to dominate time of possession and limit big plays on defense. As far as the teams we have beat,we can only play who we are scheduled to play. Earle hasn't played the toughest of schedules either. HWH was the best and they lost it so don't even start with strength of schedule bs. I had Earle picked#3 at the beginning of the year behind Mt Ida and CHG. That hasn't changed. Cross County won't lay down I can promise you that.

Mr. Trill

Yea this definitely wouldn't be game of the week. The conference is already Earles...there ain't no hope for the rest of the class. Earle will when by quite a bit.

AmericanVandal1987

Yep, CC is going to lay down quick. They showed that already at the beginning of the season. CC had their chance against multiple teams. Harrisburg should have been a win. Barton wore them out, then Southside came in and cleaned up the left overs. CC will have to play flawless which is going to be rare considering their mental toughness. Barely winning against Salem is not a good sign. #36 can run all he wants but if you can tackle low and roll. Game Over.

playmaker04

Quote from: AmericanVandal1987 on October 14, 2017, 12:59:35 pm
Yep, CC is going to lay down quick. They showed that already at the beginning of the season. CC had their chance against multiple teams. Harrisburg should have been a win. Barton wore them out, then Southside came in and cleaned up the left overs. CC will have to play flawless which is going to be rare considering their mental toughness. Barely winning against Salem is not a good sign. #36 can run all he wants but if you can tackle low and roll. Game Over.
Are you a complete moron? Barton and Southside are 2 of the better teams in 3A and 4A. Earle wouldn't beat either one of those teams. Like I said they won't lay down. Once again stop comparing games.  I'm assuming you are a Barton fan. Go back to the 3A board.

Hornet4ever

Dogg

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 14, 2017, 11:52:39 am
I bet it will be closer than the Marked Tree score. Not sure how we're living in the past. We are slow. We have big backs that grind yardage. In this offense you can't play behind the sticks. If we have alot of false starts or holding penalties we will be in trouble for sure. Earle had trouble with#36 last year and he's healthy again. We have to dominate time of possession and limit big plays on defense. As far as the teams we have beat,we can only play who we are scheduled to play. Earle hasn't played the toughest of schedules either. HWH was the best and they lost it so don't even start with strength of schedule bs. I had Earle picked#3 at the beginning of the year behind Mt Ida and CHG. That hasn't changed. Cross County won't lay down I can promise you that.
Earle didn't have trouble with him, they had trouble with the power I and CC pounding off tackle. CC running the single wing is to Earles advantage. The single wing has prevented Henderson from running down hill. Earles defense is playing much better this year.

AmericanVandal1987

I just call them like I see them. I'll be back to this board in a week and we will see how CC plays against a top 2A team.

playmaker04

October 14, 2017, 02:16:58 pm #21 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:23:05 pm by playmaker04
Quote from: Dogg on October 14, 2017, 01:58:50 pm
Earle didn't have trouble with him, they had trouble with the power I and CC pounding off tackle. CC running the single wing is to Earles advantage. The single wing has prevented Henderson from running down hill. Earles defense is playing much better this year.
Earle didn't have trouble with Henderson. Okay Dogg, whatever you say. Earle definitely has more athletes and talent. We will just have to see. but you realize we run the power package from the single wing. We don't do alot of double handoffs and sweeps. Henderson runs downhill in this offense too. So does Boykin,Like and Vanhouten

Dogg

Any back CC had would have had the same result in the Power I. Henderson ran the ball hard but it was the system he was in. CC powered off tackle last year which was Earles weakness. When Henderson can come straight down hill with a lead we all know he's hard to stop. He's in the single wing staring 7 yds deep which works to Earles advantage.

Dogg

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 14, 2017, 02:16:58 pm
Earle didn't have trouble with Henderson. Okay Dogg, whatever you say. Earle definitely has more athletes and talent. We will just have to see. but you realize we run the power package from the single wing. We don't do alot of double handoffs and sweeps. Henderson runs downhill in this offense too. So does Boykin,Like and Vanhouten
when you get the ball in power I you're already headed down hill. In the version of the wing CC runs the backs are catching the ball 6-7 yds deep in the backfield and they can't start forward until it hits them in the hands. Defense moving forward when the ball is snapped. I'm just glad the are running it. Key to stopping that version of the single wing. Follow the fullback he leads you to the play.

Legendhogan51

Let's compare nonconference games between both teams CC first Batesville southside 7-0 Out scoring their opponents 222 to 58 Barton 6-1 out Scoring their opponents 323 to 170 Harrisburg   3-4 192 to 259 A total of 737 to 487 together 16 wins 5 losses now Earle helena west helena 6-1 Out scoring their opponents 260 to 80 cedar ridge 4-3 out scoring their opponents 272 to 212 Mountain View 2-5 114 to 265 a total of 646 to 567 together 12 wins 9 losses Cc Had the hardest schedule between the two schools i'm tired of everyone saying that cross county is gonna to laydown like we don't have a shot I'm Sorry I'm not living in the past but They said we were going to lose the last two years and look what happened we will not laydown I promise you that I don't care if y'all win by 20 or 40 but you're going to know we was there i'm not gonna sit here and say cross county is going to win but we do have a shot  i'm hoping for a good game no injuries and good sportsmanship good luck to both teams no matter what the outcome is LET'S GO BIRDS Prove everybody wrong once again

Pick_DA_EAGLES

October 14, 2017, 11:27:07 pm #25 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 06:59:13 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Legendhogan51 on October 14, 2017, 11:18:22 pm
Let's compare nonconference games between both teams CC first Batesville southside 7-0 Out scoring their opponents 222 to 58 Barton 6-1 out Scoring their opponents 323 to 170 Harrisburg   3-4 192 to 259 A total of 737 to 487 together 16 wins 5 losses now Earle helena west helena 6-1 Out scoring their opponents 260 to 80 cedar ridge 4-3 out scoring their opponents 272 to 212 Mountain View 2-5 114 to 265 a total of 646 to 567 together 12 wins 9 losses Cc Had the hardest schedule between the two schools i'm tired of everyone saying that cross county is gonna to laydown like we don't have a shot I'm Sorry I'm not living in the past but They said we were going to lose the last two years and look what happened we will not laydown I promise you that I don't care if y'all win by 20 or 40 but you're going to know we was there i'm not gonna sit here and say cross county is going to win but we do have a shot  i'm hoping for a good game no injuries and good sportsmanship good luck to both teams no matter what the outcome is LET'S GO BIRDS Prove everybody wrong once again

🏆🏅🥇🏆🏅🥇 there are your awards for the longest run on sentence in fearless Friday history. Geez dude do you not know anything about punctuation?

Legendhogan51

bdubyab60

I mean if you want to compare scores at least do a like opponent if possible. And that's Salem. Earle 46-6 and CC 20-14 both on the road. Supposedly Salem was on the door step to winning that games as well possibly. Games  go the way they go though.

I've seen all of these teams but CC this year. By admission of CC fans they are not as good as they were the past two years. No game breaker in Davis and Byasse. Earle has something they didn't last year.

Earle is beatable. Even in this conference. However after watching their results from with the conference they win this game.

I want it to be a game though. Don't wanna waste my time on the road next Friday.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Legendhogan51 on October 15, 2017, 12:02:10 am
Don't y'all have hazen to worry about
You called it game of the week and posted the run in sentence. That's free game there in anyone's book.

Legendhogan51

CC had 4 starters out for the salem game and it was 20 to 6 at halftime Salem did good Stopping us after that but they would not of done it if 36 was on the field CC Ran in the same two holes and run for over 350 yards rushing If it wasn't for ponies in the second half it would've been awhole lot worse but That's one game look at all the rest CC Had the toughest schedule between both of them

Legendhogan51

And This game should be game of the week Whoever wins most likely Wins the 2A 3  both undefeated in conference and Whoever loses most likely go to mount ida in Playoffs

Dogg

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 14, 2017, 11:27:07 pm
🏆🏅🥇🏆🏅🥇 there are your awards for the longest run on sentence in fearless Friday history. Geez dude so you not know anything about punctuation?
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Legendhogan51 on October 15, 2017, 12:02:10 am
Don't y'all have hazen to worry about

I'm too old to play, so no. I don't worry about it.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Legendhogan51 on October 15, 2017, 12:37:04 am
And This game should be game of the week Whoever wins most likely Wins the 2A 3  both undefeated in conference and Whoever loses most likely go to mount ida in Playoffs
Game of the week in the conference maybe. Plus there are a few games left to play besides this one for both teams

bdubyab60

Quote from: Legendhogan51 on October 15, 2017, 12:29:56 am
CC had 4 starters out for the salem game and it was 20 to 6 at halftime Salem did good Stopping us after that but they would not of done it if 36 was on the field CC Ran in the same two holes and run for over 350 yards rushing If it wasn't for ponies in the second half it would've been awhole lot worse but That's one game look at all the rest CC Had the toughest schedule between both of them
Ponies are part of the game. 😊. Heck EPC had a pretty good rushing night against Salem.

That OOC was so long ago now, CC lost those games and lost them bad for the most part.

Salem is at least a like opponent. I bet Earle dealt with the same troubles that CC did there. Minus the injuries.

Dogg

October 15, 2017, 11:10:44 am #35 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:17:52 am by Dogg
To be honest Dub we were without 2 on offense one was lost for the yr. after Mt. View game. Was missing 2 on D and the bus broke down on the way. The team didn't make it to Salem until almost 6. The band did play and so did ours. lol it's high school football. Earle is a different team than years past. Nick Saban offered Bohannon as a linebacker and from what I'm hearing he will play defense against CC at his request.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Dogg on October 15, 2017, 11:10:44 am
To be honest Dub we were without 2 on offense one was lost for the yr. after Mt. View game. Was missing 2 on D and the bus broke down on the way. The team didn't make it to Salem until almost 6. The band did play and so did ours. lol it's high school football. Earle is a different team than years past. Nick Saban offered Bohannon as a linebacker and from what I'm hearing he will play defense against CC at his request.
Ill be there to see who comes out on top

razorcardsfan11

Sorry to burst your bubble but this isn't going to be the game of the week. Several good games to choose from but I think Rison @ harmony grove will be game of the week

bdubyab60

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on October 15, 2017, 12:47:11 pm
Sorry to burst your bubble but this isn't going to be the game of the week. Several good games to choose from but I think Rison @ harmony grove will be game of the week
It is within the conference and should be stated as such. Through the entirety of 2a probably not

Dogg

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Pit Bull

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 14, 2017, 09:12:39 am
we have been talking about that kid since he was in jr high. Pit or Dogg refresh my memory,did he not play against us last year because of an injury? I wanna say it was him in street clothes as we were leaving the field he was very polite to the fans and congratulated us as we left.

Playmaker with all do respect I refuse to participate much in this ridiculous game tread since the idiot that created it can't even correctly spell "Earle!" Totally disrespectful and why should we ever take him seriously... See you guys Friday night, trash talking is for those who lack confidence.... What an idiot!

Mr. Trill

sheepdawg92

October 16, 2017, 07:25:48 am #43 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:22:10 am by sheepdawg92
CC will win for these reason. First Gerry doesn't play like his the number player in the state Cross County has his number. Second Cross County line ten times better then Earle D-line whoever 58 suppose to be will not be a factor in this game. Third Earle is mentally weak when CC punch them in the mouth they will lay down. Last but not least the fan support will not be there for Earle and when the game is close CC fans will be so loud that Earle will have couple penalty due to the CC Fans. 

sheepdawg92

Quote from: beach bum on October 13, 2017, 11:18:19 pm
Earle by 28....
Will not beat Cross County by 28 they not that type of team to beat a good team like that. The score will be Earle 14 Cross County 22. Then all the seven Earle fans and Coaches will be complain about someone was hurt or they was cheating its going be some reason why they lose. I cant wait to sat.

playmaker04

Look,I've been around high school football long enough to know that crazy things happen. Turnovers, penalties,losing your cool in a game can make a good team look really bad. I'm not going to get on here and make ludicrous predictions like some are(from both sides).Earle is incredibly talented. They are big,fast and deep. But they are not world beaters and can be beat. I picked them 3rd before the season started and I still believe that. I believe Mt Ida and CHG are better. But I also believe that Mt Ida and CHG can be beaten. Cross County has to limit turnovers and penalties,can't play behind the sticks and can't give up big plays. We need to run 70+ plays and control the clock. We cannot beat Earle in a shootout,we don't have that kind of team. I understand what Dogg says about starting 6 yards deep. If our line allows penetration it will be bad. CC has had to deal with a lot of issues that some know about and some that are behind the scenes. I'm not going to get into all the stuff with the coaching change other than it has an still is to some degree taking fans and players time to adjust. I noticed it in the summer. Kid not showing up consistently for mandatory workouts. Alot of it was kids who have been told how good they are through the years believing that they didn't need to work because they were superstars. Well Harrisburg brought that pipe dream crashing down. One thing it took this new coaching staff time to adjust also. We had kids playing out of position and it hurt. On Offense and defense. Barton destroyed us and our best all around player was suspended for the next game for disciplinary reasons. Best thing that could have happened to him because he has played lights out since then. This team played a brutal non conference especially Barton and Southside but since some attitude adjustment with several players I've seen major improvement on both sides of the ball. Sure,we have played week teams but we have done what we needed to do to get better. If Earle comes to Tbird stadium expecting Cross County to lay down they will be in for a rude awakening. Will definitely miss this rivalry next year.

Dogg

Playmaker fans talk trash and some don't have a clue about high school football. Earle coming to CC Friday motivated because the last time we came we got man handled. The rivalry will not end because we play week 3 next year as a non conference game. CC won't lay down and neither will Earle.

sheepdawg92

October 16, 2017, 10:18:12 am #47 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 10:21:52 am by sheepdawg92
Quote from: Dogg on October 16, 2017, 09:54:03 am
Playmaker fans talk trash and some don’t have a clue about high school football. Earle coming to CC Friday motivated because the last time we came we got man handled. The rivalry will not end because we play week 3 next year as a non conference game. CC won’t lay down and neither will Earle.
Earle will lay down when or if they get hit in the mouth. Its a known fact look at the record for last three years. The teams that is physical and have close to the talent as Earle normal beat them. Even a close buddy of mine that works there told me same thing, that Earle can't stop a very physical team.

WampusCat30

Bohannon will be able to do whatever he wants to CC. Earle by 28+

sheepdawg92

Quote from: WampusCat30 on October 16, 2017, 10:42:29 am
Bohannon will be able to do whatever he wants to CC. Earle by 28+
He should I been waiting on him to take over me and Earle fans on both side of the ball. I guess his not  that type of player.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas