• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover @ Junction City.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, October 13, 2017, 09:49:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

CoolBreeze

Monsta

Proud Buckaroo

If JC doesn't clean up the penalties. It will be A LOT closer game than anyone wants to believe.

Monsta

They have a lot to fix in a little amount of time

Proud Buckaroo

Lake Village QB is really good kid. I really hope their coach sticks around.

Smackover definitely looked like a completely different team tonight. I believe they had maybe 6-7 penalties. Passing game is really coming along great. Dexter and Demarious are a great one-two punch. Other than a few big plays Fordyce's RBs. They kept the run game in check.

Changes were made in the LB core and I like it a lot. Especially with the void of Dawson being out. I think Preston did a great job for his first start at LB.

Horse Shoe

JC vs. Smackover is like Kryptonite vs. Superman.  We can just never seem to get over that hump and win this game.  I don't think we have the team to get it done this year.

FYI:  I'm not calling Smackover superman, its just an analogy.

dragondad

Hopefully JC had their wakeup call tonight against LV.

Monsta

Quote from: dragondad on October 14, 2017, 12:44:26 am
Hopefully JC had their wakeup call tonight against LV.
either get their stuff together or be like p-town 7-1

D-lineman4 life

It will be a good game like always both teams have good athletes both teams come in this game with new coaches an new offense if the QB from JC plays I think JC edges this one out

Jimbo Morphis

Smorphlet needed to catch Junction City this week to have a shot. Now they have a team that Lake Village has scared and the coaches will get their attention this week.

THA TRUTH

If Frazier plays Jc wins by 3 tds

dragondad

If Defense doesn't clean it up, it won't matter who is at QB.  Scoring 50 is great, but they shouldn't have to score 50.  Of course 120 in penalties doesn't help either.   They're awake now, I don't look for a repeat of last night any time this season.

Monsta

Quote from: dragondad on October 14, 2017, 10:19:48 am
If Defense doesn't clean it up, it won't matter who is at QB.  Scoring 50 is great, but they shouldn't have to score 50.  Of course 120 in penalties doesn't help either.   They're awake now, I don't look for a repeat of last night any time this season.
I can assure you it will be a different mindset Friday night, The Train Will Continue To Roll

Longfellow

Are we allowed to talk about Taylor on here, or will his mom sue us?

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Longfellow on October 14, 2017, 12:51:18 pm
Are we allowed to talk about Taylor on here, or will his mom sue us?

Lol

thabeast428

lol I think it's crazy on how she is acting. But it is what it is hopefully she won't be like lavar ball is to lonzo lol

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on October 14, 2017, 10:19:48 am
Defense missed way too many tackles last night. Didn't look like they were even trying. Offensive line took the 2nd half off and they still haven't shown any maturity for this late in the season. Way too many PF....

THA TRUTH

Quote from: cuz on October 14, 2017, 02:25:00 pm
Defense missed way too many tackles last night. Didn't look like they were even trying. Offensive line took the 2nd half off and they still haven't shown any maturity for this late in the season. Way too many PF....

Seemed better last week

cuz

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 14, 2017, 03:31:52 pm

Seemed better last week
I agree but not much. Too much talent to play such sloppy ball and so undisciplined...

WHITEchicken

Bucks looked good against the Bugs. Dragons didn't look to good against LV. It seems like this game might decide the conference. My guess is a lot of people at the game. Dragons and Bucks always make for an interesting game. I think the Bucks have a chance to end the streak this week. If JC qb could play through a concussion for two weeks before being started on concussion protocol I am sure he will be on the field. Any chance he is from the Louisiana side? I guess the head thing is different in LA.

Monsta

The Best In Union County Bowl And Bragging Rights are on the line

CoolBreeze

The Buckaroos let one slip away at home against the Dragons last year. Can they get over the top at JC on Friday?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WHITEchicken on October 15, 2017, 09:22:49 am
Bucks looked good against the Bugs. Dragons didn't look to good against LV. It seems like this game might decide the conference. My guess is a lot of people at the game. Dragons and Bucks always make for an interesting game. I think the Bucks have a chance to end the streak this week. If JC qb could play through a concussion for two weeks before being started on concussion protocol I am sure he will be on the field. Any chance he is from the Louisiana side? I guess the head thing is different in LA.

I saw a complete different team last week than I have seen all season. They played with the same intensity that they did against CHG. It almost feels like they had been playing recently well enough just to get a win. I hope they carry that same momentum into JC Friday.

Jimbo Morphis

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on October 15, 2017, 04:29:38 pm
KC by 28

I agree. They should have no problem with Big Ben and the Steelers.

Longfellow

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 15, 2017, 04:49:19 pm
They're having a few problems

dragondad

I'll be generously pessimistic and say JC 42 - Smack 24

Proud Buckaroo

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on October 15, 2017, 05:47:21 pm
I'll be generously pessimistic and say JC 42 - Smack 24

That's called being biased.  ::)

Is Frazier cleared yet?

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 15, 2017, 05:53:01 pm

Is Frazier cleared yet?

No bias here,  just straight reality.

As for Frazier..... guess y'all have to wait and see.

#5 is doing awesome though, heard he made the 42 Sports 3A Player of the Year list.

Jimbo Morphis

Lol my IPhone loves to do that for me. Junction City by 28.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on October 15, 2017, 07:32:46 pm
No bias here,  just straight reality.

As for Frazier..... guess y'all have to wait and see.

#5 is doing awesome though, heard he made the 42 Sports 3A Player of the Year list.

Yep. 300 yards rushing. #1 back in the state is a battle between #5 at JC, Devin Taylor at McCrory and Deon at Mayflower.

CoolBreeze

Good one, PB.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 15, 2017, 05:53:01 pm

Is Frazier cleared yet?
Harding (3-4) mercy-ruled the Bucks. What makes you think the undefeated Dragons won't?

[And, yes, I know that was way back in week 2, yada, yada, yada.]

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 16, 2017, 12:16:59 pm
Harding (3-4) mercy-ruled the Bucks. What makes you think the undefeated Dragons won't?

Me and DD know one another personally. Lol. I was just messing with him as he does to me all the time.

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 16, 2017, 12:38:05 pm
Me and DD know one another personally. Lol. I was just messing with him as he does to me all the time.

Yeah, PB knows who's superior in this matchup.  He's got his Dragon gear ready to wear to the game.   ;D

CoolBreeze

Quote from: dragondad on October 16, 2017, 12:53:58 pm
Yeah, PB knows who's superior in this matchup.  He's got his Dragon gear ready to wear to the game.   ;D
Right! I believe that. LOL.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: dragondad on October 16, 2017, 12:53:58 pm
He gonna sit on the winning side with you?

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 16, 2017, 12:16:59 pm

If smackover can beat JC, I'm going to have to say mayflower is the best team in the state. 

That said, I don't see smackover really keeping it all that close.  I think JC wins by 3 scores.

dragondad

October 16, 2017, 01:15:46 pm #40 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 01:18:15 pm by dragondad
Quote from: Oldman on October 16, 2017, 12:57:50 pm
He gonna sit on the winning side with you?

Of course!

Heard he's getting a Dragon tattoo to commemorate the event.

Proud Buckaroo

I won't be in any stands. LOL. I'll be on the sidelines taking pictures for 42 Sports!

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: panther07 on October 16, 2017, 01:12:10 pm
If smackover can beat JC, I'm going to have to say mayflower is the best team in the state. 

That said, I don't see smackover really keeping it all that close.  I think JC wins by 3 scores.

But, Prescott was number 1 in all polls and Glen Rose beat them.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on October 16, 2017, 01:15:46 pm
Of course!

Heard he's getting a Dragon tattoo to commemorate the event.

No. I won't be getting any Dragon tattoo. Nor any tattoo for that matter. Wife says I've gotten too many without her. LOL.

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 16, 2017, 01:24:34 pm
But, Prescott was number 1 in all polls and Glen Rose beat them.

That's true,  and Smackover did beat Junction that one time so......

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on October 16, 2017, 01:36:33 pm
That's true,  and Smackover did beat Junction that one time so......

Where they never showed up for Dierks. Probably wouldn't have beaten Charleston that year anyways.

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 16, 2017, 01:40:42 pm
Where they never showed up for Dierks. Probably wouldn't have beaten Charleston that year anyways.

That's understandable,  Charleston is like 20 time World Super Series Bowl Champs.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on October 16, 2017, 01:44:16 pm
That's understandable,  Charleston is like 20 time World Super Series Bowl Champs.

You are confused. That's Earle.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 16, 2017, 02:08:13 pm
You are confused. That's Earle.
Cmon man that's basketball, its 3 weeks before you start on basketball.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on October 16, 2017, 02:38:28 pm
Cmon man that's basketball, its 3 weeks before you start on basketball.
I beg to differ, Oldman. Since they play in such a weak conference, they qualify for the playoffs almost automatically. So it will take 4 weeks for their season to end.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas