• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ashley County Bowl 17

Started by Sports Guru, October 13, 2017, 08:58:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins

Crossett
7 (28%)
Hamburg
18 (72%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: October 20, 2017, 12:42:20 am

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on October 19, 2017, 08:31:10 pm
Hopefully the coaches have worked hard on the recievers this week

Dude it's week 8. If the receivers  haven't figured it out by now it's not gonna happen this year.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Looks like a squabble between the Eaglettes cheerleaders here lol. Today's the day! Time to get those feathers plucked "Again"!!! Go Lions!!

Sports Guru

cjohn1995

Good luck to both teams tonight it should be a fun one!

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: cjohn1995 on October 20, 2017, 03:07:47 pm
Good luck to both teams tonight it should be a fun one!
Good luck is what the Eagleettes will need. The count down is near and they know it!! Time for a Lion beat down!! Holla if ya hear me!

cjohn1995

Not a  pretty first half by either team to say the least.

FoxandHound34

Sports Guru

May come down to the final seconds.

Eaglemaniac

FoxandHound34

No one from down there truth hurts don't it

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

So far as I expected ugly game. Bad play calling on both sides. Could come down to the wire I agree.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on October 20, 2017, 08:37:43 pm
Its the truth. Our offensive scheme just don't work like it could.

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on October 20, 2017, 08:37:43 pm

You haven't written anything worthy of getting hurt over.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Lions in control 26-7 6:00 left

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on October 20, 2017, 09:28:07 pm
Lions in control 26-7 6:00 left

About what I expected. Radio signal at work is horrible. Gave up trying to follow the game.

Sports Guru

Alotta personal fouls on both.

cjohn1995

Hamburg guts out a ugly 26-7 victory but a win is a win. Go Lions!

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

With changes we could be better but I will take a win over the Eagles any day!

green-eagle

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on October 19, 2017, 10:10:07 pm
Dude it’s week 8. If the receivers  haven’t figured it out by now it’s not gonna happen this year.

our receivers has hurt us all year long....we ran the same play twice, same receiver, same throw... DROPPED!

we have almost as much drops as pass attempts... we may have caught 7 passes this entire year!

if we caught our passes, this game would have been over by half and Crossett wins this one 35-7! but we did catch our pass thus we lost.......(sigh) maybe next year...
Hamburg did a good job on double teaming Tanner and thus open up blitzes from the other LB.......Defense did the best it could, when the offense in the second half 3 passes, punt, one play, fumble, three passes, punt....... not good!....

cjohn1995

Quote from: green-eagle on October 23, 2017, 11:18:04 am
our receivers has hurt us all year long....we ran the same play twice, same receiver, same throw... DROPPED!

we have almost as much drops as pass attempts... we may have caught 7 passes this entire year!

if we caught our passes, this game would have been over by half and Crossett wins this one 35-7! but we did catch our pass thus we lost.......(sigh) maybe next year...
Hamburg did a good job on double teaming Tanner and thus open up blitzes from the other LB.......Defense did the best it could, when the offense in the second half 3 passes, punt, one play, fumble, three passes, punt....... not good!....
I agree with you on everything except the 35-7 score you predicted from a 1-7 team. However, Crossett definitely dropped a lot of passes and that would have made the game closer but Hamburg also dropped their share. At times the receivers looked scared or maybe it was just a lack of concentration.  Also it was obvious Hamburg's QB was still having trouble throwing the ball with his injured thumb, he was not his normal self. Ugly game by both teams but Hamburg's defense held out long enough for the offense to muster up enough rhythm that was pretty much non existent the entire night. From what I saw, Crossett does have a pretty stout defense but neither teams receivers helped each other on offense very much. It was the most boring Ashley County Bowl I can remember. The most impressive play by far was that touchdown run by Gage Price when he plowed through the eagle defenders.

cjohn1995

October 23, 2017, 11:53:25 am #70 Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:52:38 pm by cjohn1995

cjohn1995

Quote from: cjohn1995 on October 23, 2017, 11:53:25 am
For the 8th year in a row the better team won! It's no coincidence, the better team usually finds ways to win even when they are having an off game.
with that being said I don't expect the Lions to put up much of a fight against Warren but I hope I'm wrong!

Sports Guru

Next year may be a lil better but not alot.. 1 more year.

Sports Guru

Curios does anyone know exactly how many wins/loses the 8th and 9th grade team has, since they started playing ball?

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Same results next year for you guys, basically our whole team is coming back, and how do you figure we should have only scored 7 points.   

Sports Guru

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on October 23, 2017, 01:47:12 pm
Same results next year for you guys, basically our whole team is coming back, and how do you figure we should have only scored 7 points.
Maybe, 9 in a row then the Eagles swoop in 2019 an reclaim the trophy

cjohn1995

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on October 23, 2017, 01:47:12 pm
I'm still trying to figure out how they score 35 when they haven't scored over 19 in a game this year up to this point.

cjohn1995

Quote from: cjohn1995 on October 23, 2017, 02:56:24 pm
I'm still trying to figure out how they score 35 when they haven't scored over 19 in a game this year up to this point.
their only touchdown Friday night came courtesy of a  defender batting the ball backward and an eagle receiver coming down with it near the goal line. One of the few passes I remember being caught.

green-eagle

Quote from: cjohn1995 on October 23, 2017, 03:00:14 pm
their only touchdown Friday night came courtesy of a  defender batting the ball backward and an eagle receiver coming down with it near the goal line. One of the few passes I remember being caught.

if we could had caught our passes then, YES.....scoring 35 points would not have been an issue... check the tape....one player that had the ball thrown to him three times, three drops, three pass there in this numbers, DROPPED!....wide open....12 yds are more passed the line of scrimmage ...yes TDs......a return player drop one over the middle 20 yds in the air...another 15 could have been made on the ground... the situation was there....then the defense would not have been on the field as all as they did......35! yes...

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: green-eagle on October 23, 2017, 04:21:27 pm
if we could had caught our passes then, YES.....scoring 35 points would not have been an issue... check the tape....one player that had the ball thrown to him three times, three drops, three pass there in this numbers, DROPPED!....wide open....12 yds are more passed the line of scrimmage ...yes TDs......a return player drop one over the middle 20 yds in the air...another 15 could have been made on the ground... the situation was there....then the defense would not have been on the field as all as they did......35! yes...
Another one in the books, you know the ole saying If in one hand and ---- in the other and see which one fills up the fastest. If we ran a better offensive scheme we would have scored 60 points on you guys.. Til next season when the Lions win again. 

green-eagle

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on October 23, 2017, 04:37:06 pm
Another one in the books, you know the ole saying If in one hand and ---- in the other and see which one fills up the fastest. If we ran a better offensive scheme we would have scored 60 points on you guys.. Til next season when the Lions win again. 

try to make funny.....and people of the "LOINS" trying to get serious......

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: green-eagle on October 24, 2017, 10:04:10 am
try to make funny.....and people of the "LOINS" trying to get serious......
It is all serious when its beat up on a Eagle week lol.   

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on October 23, 2017, 12:04:17 pm
Curios does anyone know exactly how many wins/loses the 8th and 9th grade team has, since they started playing ball?

Maybe 5 since 3rd grade.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas