• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

POLL: Who's gonna play GW in State Finals?

Started by Wildcat Football, October 12, 2017, 01:15:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenwood's Opponent in State Finals?

Pine Bluff
25 (53.2%)
West Memphis
8 (17%)
El Dorado
7 (14.9%)
Benton
5 (10.6%)
Searcy
1 (2.1%)
Jonesboro
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: December 11, 2017, 12:15:51 pm

AHS06

Quote from: Wildcat Football on October 15, 2017, 11:57:23 am
I genuinely believe GW will be in finals (home field advantage in playoffs), and after week 7 believe opponent will be W. Memphis, but they play at PB week 9 and most votes going to PB in poll.  I just want to see consensus outlook and do believe 6A East Conference has 4 legitimate contenders and 6A West only has 2, so 6A East looks to be stronger conference overall, but GW is still the team to beat. I'm seeing separation with WM and PB clear front-runners.  The team with the strongest defense will win championship, and GW has both this year offense AND a very good defense.  Trying to keep bias out of analysis.
The 6A East has four contenders?  Please explain how the East is stronger?

Wildcat Football

Quote from: AHS06 on October 15, 2017, 12:10:33 pm
W. Memphis, PB, Searcy, Jonesboro in East and I think they all can beat ED, Benton on West side.  I still think best team is GW with a decent gap, but overall 6A East is better this year based on talent and reviewing scores week to week.  Week 9 PB v WM will reveal a lot, and right now edge to PB with home-field, but still think WM gets to finals somehow after it's all said and done.

bulldogger15

Quote from: AHS06 on October 15, 2017, 12:10:33 pm
Won't matter who the east brings, the Greenwood Bulldogs will not be denied!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Baitshop

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 15, 2017, 08:02:39 am
Yet, 2 of 3 of those have been on GW's schedule at one time or another. We aren't likely to let Southside off the hook that easy, so they can go schedule Sallisaw Central or Arkoma . SS and NS are getting it handed to them in the 7A Central by schools they used to dominate, yet OUR schedule gets called into question because they (NS and SS) are now so anemic with neither school being in the top 10 out of 16 teams in 7A. They are closer in rank/record to Van Buren in the grand scheme of the 7A this year. 

And the UofG dropped them after the first home and home series....HarBer trashed GW and Bryant split....now GW is more than willing to play the Fort Smith schools as long as the winning streak lasts...

BUT, as soon as one of the whippin' boys drop GW, they go out and contact Muldrow and Roland, and settle on Sand Springs when PA, NLR, Bryant, HarBer, Bennie, Conway, Union, Jenks, Broken Arrow, Allen Tx, Euless Trinity, etc. would take them up on a home and home in a heart beat...

Southside ain't runnin' from the UofG regardless of the current winning streak. That series will end when Greenwood has had enough, and I think we all know from experience that "had enough" begins when someone hangs the first "L" on the Bulldogs....

jeffslilbro

I wish fss was better. It would keep 7a guys on 7a forums.  I guess Gwd isn't going to be able to please everybody with their PRESEASON schedule. I also imagine Gwd is focusing on Benton now. Greenwood may get to WMS and may not. Whether they get there and lose still better to at least get there. Once again, is FSS playing this week????

AHS06

Quote from: Wildcat Football on October 15, 2017, 12:20:14 pm
W. Memphis, PB, Searcy, Jonesboro in East and I think they all can beat ED, Benton on West side.  I still think best team is GW with a decent gap, but overall 6A East is better this year based on talent and reviewing scores week to week.  Week 9 PB v WM will reveal a lot, and right now edge to PB with home-field, but still think WM gets to finals somehow after it's all said and done.
PB and WM are the only considered contenders from the East.  I also would like to see the results of GW vs PB, WM vs Eldo, Searcy vs Benton.  The East teams have not played anyone but themselves.  Look at all of the schedules.   

bulldogger15

Quote from: jeffslilbro on October 15, 2017, 01:54:19 pm
I wish fss was better. It would keep 7a guys on 7a forums.  I guess Gwd isn't going to be able to please everybody with their PRESEASON schedule. I also imagine Gwd is focusing on Benton now. Greenwood may get to WMS and may not. Whether they get there and lose still better to at least get there. Once again, is FSS playing this week????
We all wish we had a time machine so we could bring back Coach Lunney and the winning ways of the Southside Rebels! Not gonna happen anytime soon. The Mavs might beat Greenwood someday, but they should be much more competitive than 49 to 0. The only consolation is that the Mavs were playing the eventual 6A State Champs!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

hogsanddogs

Quote from: jeffslilbro on October 15, 2017, 01:54:19 pm
+1

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 15, 2017, 12:40:38 pm
And the UofG dropped them after the first home and home series....HarBer trashed GW and Bryant split....now GW is more than willing to play the Fort Smith schools as long as the winning streak lasts...

BUT, as soon as one of the whippin' boys drop GW, they go out and contact Muldrow and Roland, and settle on Sand Springs when PA, NLR, Bryant, HarBer, Bennie, Conway, Union, Jenks, Broken Arrow, Allen Tx, Euless Trinity, etc. would take them up on a home and home in a heart beat...

Southside ain't runnin' from the UofG regardless of the current winning streak. That series will end when Greenwood has had enough, and I think we all know from experience that "had enough" begins when someone hangs the first "L" on the Bulldogs....
And you know for a fact that all of these schools had available dates and would play Greenwood. Also, you know that Greenwood did not contact them? I will answer for you, no you don't. You need to go watch some more film with the genius CJW. I mean isn't it time for him to start winning that trophy that he wasn't worried about in September? Southside should be ashamed that they play down in non conference with a school that isn't even half their size, and has gotten beat everytime but once! Heck, you can't even keep a mascot. Nobody, and I mean nobody on here knows who has called who to schedule non conference games, and like you quoted your hero, trophies are not won in September, so why does GW's noncon concern you so much? You talk outta both sides of your mouth. haha, have fun with basketball! #bringbackbarry

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 14, 2017, 12:11:29 pm
Would it make a difference in how many consecutive state championship games that GW has not been able to close the deal against "inferior talent and coaching"..??

You boys should slow your roll on how everyone else is a "has been", because you boys appear to be on a slippery slope to "used to be" already....once "the best coach in America" calls it quits, there's no telling where the bottom will be for the UofG...
Slippery Slope? At least GW can get there. You do know what Southside's record is right now correct? You do realize that Southside has been on a downward spiral the last 4 seasons? They are now the butt of everyone's jokes, the Cleveland  Browns of the 7A! On the flipside of the coaching debate, when Rick retires GW will have a hard road ahead, however if SS ever wakes up and get's a new coach the road for them get's easier. You do realize this right? Or maybe your head is so far up CJW's you know what that you can't see anymore! You are so infatuated with GW and it is crystal clear. Just too bad SS doesn't have a CRJ's. Envy hurts brother!

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on October 15, 2017, 03:02:05 pm
Slippery Slope? At least GW can get there. You do know what Southside's record is right now correct? You do realize that Southside has been on a downward spiral the last 4 seasons? They are now the butt of everyone's jokes, the Cleveland  Browns of the 7A! On the flipside of the coaching debate, when Rick retires GW will have a hard road ahead, however if SS ever wakes up and get's a new coach the road for them get's easier. You do realize this right?

"At least Greenwood can get there"....smdh, you boys are already starting to claim the moral victories when you choke a SC game??

Hey big boy, this is Sebastian County, this is the Mecca for Arkansas State Championships in football. In the playoff era Northside has won 3 State Championships, Southside has won 7 State Championship, and the Johnny Come Lately's from South Sebastian County have won 7. The rest of the State wishes that they had the trophies that are sitting in the trophy cases all over Sebastian County.

Southside and Northside have struggled in recent years, but we know how to act when we don't get there. You will never see a bunch of Northside or Southside fans or players calling other teams cowards or has beens. We don't make 50 excuses and ridicule a team (Russellville), other coaching staff, or fans of teams that just beat us or ended our season....

You boys are too drunk on the Koolaid to admit that other teams and coaching staffs have figured CRJ and the UofG out. And you are so hellbent on maintaining your winning percentage that you refuse to take on teams that will push you and expose your weaknesses early so that you can fix them.

Here's a little heads up for you, 3 teams have won the State Championship from the #4 seed since the inception of the 7A. ALL of those trophies and rings look as good as Greenwood's undefeated teams.

What you have been doing ain't still working out, the quicker you admit that and do something about it, the sooner you won't have to come on here and eat the "what happened to the UofG" rats sandwiches that you eat the last 4 Decembers.

As much as the GW faithful don't want to admit it, you are just one Rick Jones retirement away from being what Greenwood used to be. Think Harv Welch.

jeffslilbro

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on October 15, 2017, 04:11:46 pm
"At least Greenwood can get there"....smdh, you boys are already starting to claim the moral victories when you choke a SC game??

Hey big boy, this is Sebastian County, this is the Mecca for Arkansas State Championships in football. In the playoff era Northside has won 3 State Championships, Southside has won 7 State Championship, and the Johnny Come Lately's from South Sebastian County have won 7. The rest of the State wishes that they had the trophies that are sitting in the trophy cases all over Sebastian County.

Southside and Northside have struggled in recent years, but we know how to act when we don't get there. You will never see a bunch of Northside or Southside fans or players calling other teams cowards or has beens. We don't make 50 excuses and ridicule a team (Russellville), other coaching staff, or fans of teams that just beat us or ended our season....

You boys are too drunk on the Koolaid to admit that other teams and coaching staffs have figured CRJ and the UofG out. And you are so hellbent on maintaining your winning percentage that you refuse to take on teams that will push you and expose your weaknesses early so that you can fix them.

Here's a little heads up for you, 3 teams have won the State Championship from the #4 seed since the inception of the 7A. ALL of those trophies and rings look as good as Greenwood's undefeated teams.

What you have been doing ain't still working out, the quicker you admit that and do something about it, the sooner you won't have to come on here and eat the "what happened to the UofG" rats sandwiches that you eat the last 4 Decembers.

As much as the GW faithful don't want to admit it, you are just one Rick Jones retirement away from being what Greenwood used to be. Think Harv Welch.
Not so fast Baitshop. The Bulldogs are one more trip away from Little Rock to claim ANOTHER state championship so we can be the ultimate king of Sebastian County.

Get in, hold on and get ready for another Sebastian County championship! We'll see how everything shakes out sometime around midnight on December 2nd. Try to stay awake, for nastalgias sake, at a bare minimum.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Baitshop

Quote from: jeffslilbro on October 15, 2017, 04:33:05 pm
Poor baitshop :'(

Dude, my guys are 1-6 and I ain't even lookin' for a bridge to jump off of. You boys lose one game and there are 500 less "fans" at the next home game.

Don't worry about me or any other Southside fan....we'll be fine AND will show up the next time they open the gates at Jim Rowland Stadium...

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on October 15, 2017, 05:25:44 pm
Dude, my guys are 1-6 and I ain't even lookin' for a bridge to jump off of. You boys lose one game and there are 500 less "fans" at the next home game.

Don't worry about me or any other Southside fan....we'll be fine AND will show up the next time they open the gates at Jim Rowland Stadium...
Just 500 less? Do you Mavs still have 500 fans at home in Jim Rowland?

This conversation is absurd. Next.....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

High Voltage

Hmmmm,lot's of points to make here but I will focus on one. "What you have been doing ain't still working out"? Really, coming from a guy that supports a program that cannot even make the playoffs in a 16 team league? Hahahahahahahahaha,now that's rich! Let's take on a few more of your absurd comments. "And you are so hellbent on maintaining your winning percentage that you refuse to take on teams that will push you and expose your weaknesses early so that you can fix them". Hahahahahahaha, yep your right Bait, we need to drop Southside if the truth be told. Honestly this year they may be the worst team we have played. As for the Mecca of state championships junior, Southside and Northside have not held up their end of that bargain for years now. Northside has gotten a bit better and Southside has went straight downhill. If you honestly think that Southside is some juggernaut then you are truly blind. Southside was done when you and the Rebel faithful didn't have spuds to stand up and even protect your own mascot. You are weak! Your team is weak and your school is weak, and the funny part is you can deny it on here but deep down you know it! You lay in bed at night and feel it. You wish you were better and want to do something about it but just don't have the spuds to approach anyone about it. Maybe,just maybe you should make one more mascot change, to the Browns cause that is fitting. If Greenwood wins the state championship this year what will your excuse be then? You said it yourself there "Big Boy" football, championships are not won in September, and now we are in October so what is CJW's plan now? But,but, but, Greenwood should play a better noncon to get them ready for December! But not Southside? You talk out of both sides of your mouth and the real truth is here, you have no clue as to what you are even talking about! Come on down to Greenwood some more, give up the gig announcing loser football and educate yourself on what and how football is really played. Then maybe you can talk more intelligently on the game. Till then you have zero credibility. ;)

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on October 15, 2017, 06:19:54 pm
Hmmmm,lot's of points to make here but I will focus on one. "What you have been doing ain't still working out"? Really, coming from a guy that supports a program that cannot even make the playoffs in a 16 team league? Hahahahahahahahaha,now that's rich! Let's take on a few more of your absurd comments. "And you are so hellbent on maintaining your winning percentage that you refuse to take on teams that will push you and expose your weaknesses early so that you can fix them". Hahahahahahaha, yep your right Bait, we need to drop Southside if the truth be told. Honestly this year they may be the worst team we have played. As for the Mecca of state championships junior, Southside and Northside have not held up their end of that bargain for years now. Northside has gotten a bit better and Southside has went straight downhill. If you honestly think that Southside is some juggernaut then you are truly blind. Southside was done when you and the Rebel faithful didn't have spuds to stand up and even protect your own mascot. You are weak! Your team is weak and your school is weak, and the funny part is you can deny it on here but deep down you know it! You lay in bed at night and feel it. You wish you were better and want to do something about it but just don't have the spuds to approach anyone about it. Maybe,just maybe you should make one more mascot change, to the Browns cause that is fitting. If Greenwood wins the state championship this year what will your excuse be then? You said it yourself there "Big Boy" football, championships are not won in September, and now we are in October so what is CJW's plan now? But,but, but, Greenwood should play a better noncon to get them ready for December! But not Southside? You talk out of both sides of your mouth and the real truth is here, you have no clue as to what you are even talking about! Come on down to Greenwood some more, give up the gig announcing loser football and educate yourself on what and how football is really played. Then maybe you can talk more intelligently on the game. Till then you have zero credibility. ;)

Nice 1000 word deflection....unfortunately, all of your blah, blah, blah doesn't negate the truth in every single one of my contentions.

We ain't talkin' about Southside, we're talking about how CRJ magic is broke and multiple other teams have learned how to beat the UofG. You have lost to inferior coaching and talent for 4 consecutive years and nothing you can say will change those facts.

As I have said, the GW/SS series will end when Greenwood backs out of the series, which if history tells the story, it will be when Southside wins a couple and you boys start calling every 3A school in Oklahoma for a replacement.

hogsanddogs

Bait aren't you tired yet? Just come back home. Once a bulldog always a bulldog.

The Future

October 15, 2017, 06:35:00 pm #68 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 06:37:37 pm by The Future
Didn't Southside back out from the 06 and 07 series?

And didn't Southside work and fight to be in a all 7A conference away from 7A/6A conference and Greenwood?

bulldogger15

October 15, 2017, 06:52:37 pm #69 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 07:02:00 pm by bulldogger15
Quote from: Baitshop on October 15, 2017, 06:27:38 pm
Nice 1000 word deflection....unfortunately, all of your blah, blah, blah doesn't negate the truth in every single one of my contentions.

We ain't talkin' about Southside, we're talking about how CRJ magic is broke and multiple other teams have learned how to beat the UofG. You have lost to inferior coaching and talent for 4 consecutive years and nothing you can say will change those facts.

As I have said, the GW/SS series will end when Greenwood backs out of the series, which if history tells the story, it will be when Southside wins a couple and you boys start calling every 3A school in Oklahoma for a replacement.
Blasphemy! How dare you question Ricky Don the Magnificent? CRJ's "magic" is fully intact and the Greenwood Bulldogs will not be stopped this season.

Coach Rick Jones doesn't back out of anything either! I heard a young Greenwood assistant coach asked to borrow Coach Jones' car one day to run an errand. About 3 minutes after he left the GMAC the young coach came bursting back into Coach Jones' office and said "Coach Jones, I tried to back your car up to leave the parking lot and your car won't go in reverse". Coach Jones replied "Heck, I should've told ya I had the mechanic remove reverse from my transmisssion and gear shifter a couple years ago. I hadn't used reverse in so long I just decided I'd have it taken out. If I ever need to go back some place I just circle. I can't even remember the last time I went backwards gosh darnit!"

GO BULLDOGS!!!!

beach bum

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 14, 2017, 08:42:17 pm
Beach chum is a mental midget if he really believes what he just posted. Once PA starts playing in the right classification (7A), then we'll talk. Any other 5A team would get wrecked by the Bulldogs. GUARANTEED!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Winning 6A is like winning a beauty pageant in rural Alabama....

jeffslilbro

Baitshop is 😢. Seems like Gwd still successful. Southside sucks. Northside sucks. Both fs teams have great athletes, now just need some guidance. Bait should spend more time helping the program instead of picking fights with a smaller school. Why do you hate Gwd so much if you are from there. Someone hurt your feelings???  Just because bait speaks we should believe it is the law???? Go away. You are one of the people on here spewing hate. Bait doesn't bring anything to the table.

The Future

Quote from: beach bum on October 15, 2017, 07:52:59 pm
Winning 6A is like winning a beauty pageant in rural Alabama....

Maybe so. But then again I'd rather win a beauty pageant than come in 6th or 7th lol

Baitshop

Quote from: jeffslilbro on October 15, 2017, 08:39:15 pm
Baitshop is 😢. Seems like Gwd still successful.  Why do you hate Gwd so much if you are from there. Someone hurt your feelings???  Go away. You are one of the people on here spewing hate. Bait doesn't bring anything to the table.

Which one are you, Chuck Schumer or Nancy Pelosi..??..??

Jeep71

October 15, 2017, 09:17:15 pm #74 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 09:29:46 pm by Jeep71
Baitshop, I'm sorry for what must have happened to you as a teenager at GHS. :'(

High Voltage

Show me deflection junior. Everything I said is fact,unlike you who speculates. Fact #1. Southside is not very good. Fact #2. Northside or Southside have not been relevant in years. Fact#3. Southside has won 1 game against Greenwood in this series. Fact#4. Southside lost their mascot and you nor the Southside faithful had the spuds to stop it. You all let a bunch of liberal whinebags run over you lie a Mack truck. Fact#5. You always called 7A football "Big Boy" football, until GW kicked your tails all the way back home. Fact#6. And this is the big one folks, you said that your hero, the legend CJW's said that championships are not won in September, right after GW trashed your homie 49-0. Yes, 49-0! But GW should step up their noncon to be ready in December. Fact#7. What CRJ's does ain't workin anymore. Wow, undefeated and has only lost two games in the last 3 seasons to this point. Trashed your "Big Boy" football though, but what Rick is doing ain't working. Is what CJW's is doing working? NO and that is a FACT! Hahahahahahahahaha, you are not even worth arguing with. Your argument is weak, kinda like all of the Southside faithful and football team. No spuds on the SS of town. Ya know Bait, I figured a big time business man like yourself would have some pull. Guess not! Weeeeeeaaaaaakkkkk! And very sad.

Baitshop

Quote from: jeffslilbro on October 15, 2017, 08:39:15 pm
Baitshop is 😢. Seems like Gwd still successful.  Why do you hate Gwd so much if you are from there. Someone hurt your feelings???  Go away. You are one of the people on here spewing hate. Bait doesn't bring anything to the table.

Which one are you, Chuck Schumer or Nancy Pelosi..??..??
Quote from: Jeep71 on October 15, 2017, 09:17:15 pm
Baitshop, I'm sorry for what must have happened to you as a teenager at GHS. :'(

it was the time of my life Jeep... Time of my life!

bulldogger15

Quote from: Jeep71 on October 15, 2017, 09:17:15 pm
Maybe it was junior high? Lol

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: High Voltage on October 15, 2017, 10:02:06 pm
Show me deflection junior. Everything I said is fact,unlike you who speculates. Fact #1. Southside is not very good. Fact #2. Northside or Southside have not been relevant in years. Fact#3. Southside has won 1 game against Greenwood in this series. Fact#4. Southside lost their mascot and you nor the Southside faithful had the spuds to stop it. You all let a bunch of liberal whinebags run over you lie a Mack truck. Fact#5. You always called 7A football "Big Boy" football, until GW kicked your tails all the way back home. Fact#6. And this is the big one folks, you said that your hero, the legend CJW's said that championships are not won in September, right after GW trashed your homie 49-0. Yes, 49-0! But GW should step up their noncon to be ready in December. Fact#7. What CRJ's does ain't workin anymore. Wow, undefeated and has only lost two games in the last 3 seasons to this point. Trashed your "Big Boy" football though, but what Rick is doing ain't working. Is what CJW's is doing working? NO and that is a FACT! Hahahahahahahahaha, you are not even worth arguing with. Your argument is weak, kinda like all of the Southside faithful and football team. No spuds on the SS of town. Ya know Bait, I figured a big time business man like yourself would have some pull. Guess not! Weeeeeeaaaaaakkkkk! And very sad.
+1

GO BULLDOGS!!!

The Future

Lost to inferior coaching and talent for 4 consecutive years?

I'm assuming you are referring to the 4 games that ended those seasons  and not necessarily every loss we've had the past 4 years right?

2013 wouldn't call Coach Bolding a inferior coach by absolutely any means. That team was a great team that year. I really think the only reason it was considered an upset was because the streak was still going. Had it just been another playoff game with no streak, it would have been just a coin flip win between two powerhouse teams that Pine Bluff just happened to win. No inferior talent.
2014 record wise was Greenwoods worst year under Jones. Failing to win even one playoff game. But it was still a darn good team. When Eldorado stomped us by 10 and had a 24-0 lead, I could admit to losing to an inferior team who just so happened to play their best game that year and pulled the upset. Because like I always say. The best team wins most of the time. But the best team that given night wins every time. Coach Reed is a great great coach and losing to a great great coach is nothing to hang your head down for.
2015 was upset we lost of course but it was such a great game. Anyone who watches that game will agree Pine Bluff was the best 6A team that year. In no way shape or form did Greenwood lose to inferior coach and talent that year.
2016 was more disappointing for sure. Coach Dawson took a very good team and made them a great team. It's always hard to beat the same team twice in a year. Especially if both teams are great. Greenwood and Russellville showed they were the two best teams in 6A last year. The Cyclones had some very good talent. But Greenwood beats very good talent all the time. Had Russellville had any other regular coach then probably Greenwood gets the win and the rings. But a great coach Dawson was able to turn that talent into great talent. So again, no inferior coach or talent this game.

So as you can see, really the only time we lost to inferior talent you can argue was the 2014 Eldo game. But like I said they were the best team that night and they have Coach Reed.

High Voltage

Quote from: The Future on October 16, 2017, 07:22:12 am
Lost to inferior coaching and talent for 4 consecutive years?

I'm assuming you are referring to the 4 games that ended those seasons  and not necessarily every loss we've had the past 4 years right?

2013 wouldn't call Coach Bolding a inferior coach by absolutely any means. That team was a great team that year. I really think the only reason it was considered an upset was because the streak was still going. Had it just been another playoff game with no streak, it would have been just a coin flip win between two powerhouse teams that Pine Bluff just happened to win. No inferior talent.
2014 record wise was Greenwoods worst year under Jones. Failing to win even one playoff game. But it was still a darn good team. When Eldorado stomped us by 10 and had a 24-0 lead, I could admit to losing to an inferior team who just so happened to play their best game that year and pulled the upset. Because like I always say. The best team wins most of the time. But the best team that given night wins every time. Coach Reed is a great great coach and losing to a great great coach is nothing to hang your head down for.
2015 was upset we lost of course but it was such a great game. Anyone who watches that game will agree Pine Bluff was the best 6A team that year. In no way shape or form did Greenwood lose to inferior coach and talent that year.
2016 was more disappointing for sure. Coach Dawson took a very good team and made them a great team. It's always hard to beat the same team twice in a year. Especially if both teams are great. Greenwood and Russellville showed they were the two best teams in 6A last year. The Cyclones had some very good talent. But Greenwood beats very good talent all the time. Had Russellville had any other regular coach then probably Greenwood gets the win and the rings. But a great coach Dawson was able to turn that talent into great talent. So again, no inferior coach or talent this game.

So as you can see, really the only time we lost to inferior talent you can argue was the 2014 Eldo game. But like I said they were the best team that night and they have Coach Reed.

Future, really? Do you really think you are getting through? Bait does not know what a great coach is. The only good or great coaches he sees is when they come into town on a a bus or if he attends a SS away game. Remember this and remember it well. Trophies are not won in September! 7A is "Big Boy" football. Barry Lunney is a loser compared to the great CJW's. Now folks, wait for it, wait for it. Bait is setting his hook! That is always his excuse when he is losing a argument or is beat, and he is beaten badly this year. If I were Bait with all the pull he has, lol, I would be setting the hook for a new coaching staff! #Bringbackbarry

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 16, 2017, 08:55:35 am #81 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:20:52 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

beach bum

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 16, 2017, 08:55:35 am
I've figured out the problem with Baitshop!

After pondering this for a long times, I get it now.  I get why he's so unhappy and feels the need to troll Greenwood's threads.   I even brought it up when I was in his mother's living room.  She even agreed with me on my assessment!

Here it is folks:

I think Bait can't stand the fact that he isn't the announcer for the Greenwood home football games.  I think he feels, because he's a Greenwood Alum, that he should automatically be Greenwood's announcer.   And the fact that Greenwood snubbed him has stuck in his craw for all these years!   I'm sure that he was rejected many times by the beautiful girls in Greenwood.  And I'm sure that he wasn't very popular at GW either while in high school.  He probably had teachers that picked on him and found it hard to fit in.   But in his mind he was the next Greenwood Bulldog Public Announcer.  But Greenwood didn't want a sub-par announcer, so they didn't even give him an invite. Not a whiff.  Not one person suggested his name.  He's harbored that anger and resentment all these years.  And it continues to fester.  On top of that, he's relegated to announcing the games of a team that can't even keep their mascots name, much less win football games against smaller schools.  Looking down into the stands at the SS home games, seeing all those empty seats..........but over the horizon ............yes, in the far distance...........there he see's it............the lights of Smith Robinson Stadium........lit up for the whole river valley to see.  His mind goes to the dark place, as you hear "and now........here are your southside mavericks".  :(

The brightest lights shine at PA and PA is the best program in the state. They have formed a never ending horizon.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 16, 2017, 10:05:58 am #83 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:21:18 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: beach bum on October 16, 2017, 10:02:10 am
The brightest lights shine at PA and PA is the best program in the state. They have formed a never ending horizon.

We know PA has the best program, and for that matter, the brightest lit field in all of North America.

I was in no way trying to overshadow PA's use of outdoor illumination.   

westmem

When it all said and all the dust is cleared

West Memphis 45
Greenwood 6

The Future

That's a bold pick cotton. Let's see if it pays off for him.

High Voltage

Quote from: westmem on October 16, 2017, 12:29:30 pm

West Memphis 45
Greenwood 6
Hahahaha, oookkkaaayyyyy!

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: westmem on October 16, 2017, 12:29:30 pm

West Memphis 45
Greenwood 6

Since we all know you're just yanking our chain, i'll just give you a slap.

If you're serious, then you're drunk!

westmem

I'm sane  >:( they going to to kick two field goals.one in the first quarter 21-3 and one in the fourth quarter 45-6 then that will shut y'all pie hole 😂

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: westmem on October 16, 2017, 01:46:17 pm
I'm sane  >:( they going to to kick two field goals.one in the first quarter 21-3 and one in the fourth quarter 45-6 then that will shut y'all pie hole 😂

Keep drinking.  I'ts 2 oclock on Monday.  Sounds about right for you!   

I'm sure after WM gets body slammed like russellville did last friday night, you'll be on here making excuses. 

bulldogger15

Quote from: beach bum on October 16, 2017, 10:02:10 am
Almost correct: Please insert "PA is the best funded program in the state" and "formed a never ending recruiting horizon."

That should do the trick!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

westmem

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 16, 2017, 01:52:45 pm
Keep drinking.  I'ts 2 oclock on Monday.  Sounds about right for you!   

I'm sure after WM gets body slammed like russellville did last friday night, you'll be on here making excuses. 

The other away around when we stick this fork 🍴 up y'all tail y'all will be the one complaining and making excuses if y'all can sit down after unleash heck on them puppies

High Voltage

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 16, 2017, 02:48:27 pm
Almost correct: Please insert "PA is the best funded program in the state" and "formed a never ending recruiting horizon."

That should do the trick!

GO BULLDOGS!!!
Oh noooooo, people just send their kids there for the great education!

bulldogger15

Quote from: westmem on October 16, 2017, 01:46:17 pm
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

West Memphis won't make it past Pine Bluff let alone the Greenwood Bulldogs. I doubt West Memphis even makes it through the playoffs to face Greenwood, but if they do it will be somewhere around 56 to 21 in favor of the Coach Rick Jones led Bulldogs. GUARANTEED!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

High Voltage

Baitshop has left the building! Dang, I'm sure he has finally realized that SS just isn't very good. Poor fella. But there is time, you can come on over to the darkside! You can't announce though, sorry! ;D

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: High Voltage on October 18, 2017, 09:03:04 am
Baitshop has left the building! Dang, I'm sure he has finally realized that SS just isn't very good. Poor fella. But there is time, you can come on over to the darkside! You can't announce though, sorry! ;D

+1

maxswine

Quote from: The Future on October 16, 2017, 07:22:12 am

Spot on.  Guy has won multiple state titles at 2 different schools and he is an inferior coach?  Unreal.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 19, 2017, 08:40:56 am #97 Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:34:12 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 19, 2017, 08:41:59 am #98 Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:33:52 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Have you gone back and read any of your threads?   You seriously have some anger issues.  And i'm not just saying that to be rude.  Do you have issue with Coach Jones personally?  Did something happen that made you hate Greenwood so much?  Seriously, I go all over these forums and I've not seen anyone post the things you post about an opposing team.  It's really disturbing.    :(

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas