• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

42 Sports 3A player of the year list.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, October 12, 2017, 03:09:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

THA TRUTH

nastynice

WorkOrder

Quote from: nastynice on October 12, 2017, 07:30:15 am
^^Come up with your own then.

I'm sure he thinks it should be a list of Junction City kids only. They think they are the only team that plays in 3A.

Longfellow

Criticize, Criticize, Criticize. That's all y'all know how to do. You do realize this is a subjective list, right?

THA TRUTH

October 12, 2017, 07:57:59 am #5 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:01:50 am by THA TRUTH
Lol how do u not have a guy with 1200 yards on this list?? That's not subjective enough lol

Longfellow

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 12, 2017, 07:57:59 am
Lol how do u not have a guy with 1200 yards on this list?? That's not subjective enough lol
The guy at #1 has 1400+ yards

THA TRUTH

Longfellow

You're acting like this is some affront to justice. Make your own list since you're part of the all-knowing brain trust from Junction City

Proud Buckaroo

October 12, 2017, 08:58:57 am #9 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:01:27 am by Proud Buckaroo
You can critique my list all you want. I spend hours upon hours of my own time doing this stuff for the kids. I spent two hours on the full list and it's possible I overlooked a few kids at some point. Not to mention it was nearly 2am. He is saying this is a ridiculous list because I put one Smackover kid at 13. Da'Marous may not have 1200 yards rushing in 7 games. But, he plays defense, special teams and offense. I have to get his full stats.

He couldn't openly critique my list on the actual page. He had to come on here and do it on fearless Friday.

It's funny that people want to criticize my rankings or criticize my posts. You have to remember.. we are not hooten's. we are not 247 Sports. We are not a paid website. We are a few guys across Arkansas that take time out of their own lives to get kids names across the state and across the country. We strive to get kids recognized that don't usually get any attention due to the fact that they are in smaller divisions.

That's fine though. I can take all the criticism people send my way. If there are problems you see or you have the same complaint every week. Come up with your own page and spend the amount of time our members have spent, the money we have spent out of our own pockets for equipment, travel...etc.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 12, 2017, 08:58:57 am
You can critique my list all you want. I spend hours upon hours of my own time doing this stuff for the kids. I spent two hours on the full list and it's possible I overlooked a few kids at some point. Not to mention it was nearly 2am. He is saying this is a ridiculous list because I put one Smackover kid at 13. Da'Marous may not have 1200 yards rushing in 7 games. But, he plays defense, special teams and offense. I have to get his full stats.

He couldn't openly critique my list on the actual page. He had to come on here and do it on fearless Friday.

It's funny that people want to criticize my rankings or criticize my posts. You have to remember.. we are not hooten's. we are not 247 Sports. We are not a paid website. We are a few guys across Arkansas that take time out of their own lives to get kids names across the state and across the country. We strive to get kids recognized that don't usually get any attention due to the fact that they are in smaller divisions.

That's fine though. I can take all the criticism people send my way. If there are problems you see or you have the same complaint every week. Come up with your own page and spend the amount of time our members have spent, the money we have spent out of our own pockets for equipment, travel...etc.

lol congrats on ur hobby... if u can overlook the second leading rusher in the entire state that's on a team that u pay attention to weekly then maybe u should focus elsewhere and let ur boy Indian do ur part

Oh and u know who I am so don't matter where I post

Grayte88

I think Deon Simmons having 28-29 touchdowns move him to #1.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Longfellow on October 12, 2017, 08:31:23 am
You're acting like this is some affront to justice. Make your own list since you're part of the all-knowing brain trust from Junction City

I'm saying he needs to do his hobby better

Proud Buckaroo

This isn't a hobby. I'm not doing this for myself. Like I said, you have complainants and think that you can do better than what we do. That's fine. You make your own list. You make your own page.

dragondad

October 12, 2017, 09:33:02 am #14 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:34:53 am by dragondad
PB, you have to admit you'd be saying the same as me if it was reversed.  Taylor is #2 in entire state for rushing and hasn't played a full game in 5 out 6 games, the last two games hes been pulled at or before halftime.  He's #3 in points scored and #42 in nation for rushing yards through 6 games.

WorkOrder

Quote from: dragondad on October 12, 2017, 09:33:02 am
PB, you have to admit you'd be saying the same as me if it was reversed.  Taylor is #2 in entire state for rushing and hasn't played a full game in 5 out 6 games, the last two games hes been pulled at or before halftime.  He's #3 in points scored and #42 in nation for rushing yards through 6 games.

Give him a cookie

Proud Buckaroo

But the thing is...

It was a simply mistake. I had spent 2 hours looking and contacting people for stats. It was 1am and I had a full list of 20-30 kids. It's been brought to my attention and I'll have him on the main list next week.  I do rankings and everything completely unbiased. You know how hard it is for me not to put Smackover every where? But I don't. Because everything I do on that page is completely unbiased. It's more than a "hobby" to me. I've watched countless kids go through not just Smackover but ALL schools in Arkansas that were very talented and never got a shot of getting his name out there. I don't do this for myself or for a hobby. It's a job to me that I do for free.

THA TRUTH

October 12, 2017, 09:40:35 am #17 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:43:13 am by THA TRUTH
Just do ur hobby better

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 12, 2017, 09:37:33 am
But the thing is...

It was a simply mistake. I had spent 2 hours looking and contacting people for stats. It was 1am and I had a full list of 20-30 kids. It's been brought to my attention and I'll have him on the main list next week.  I do rankings and everything completely unbiased. You know how hard it is for me not to put Smackover every where? But I don't. Because everything I do on that page is completely unbiased. It's more than a "hobby" to me. I've watched countless kids go through not just Smackover but ALL schools in Arkansas that were very talented and never got a shot of getting his name out there. I don't do this for myself or for a hobby. It's a job to me that I do for free.

I understand,  you know I always give you a hard time regardless.  I'm just saying, you have see why some would look at the list and shake their head when you leave a kid like that out.  Again, I understand, mistakes happen.

THA TRUTH

Good thing he isn't looking for a future in this type of stuff or atleast I hope he isn't

Coach Jones

Great job.  It takes a ton of work to put together any list.  Someone is always going to get their feelings hurt

Proud Buckaroo

Good thing there isn't a future in running the chains for all the Junction home games.

THA TRUTH

October 12, 2017, 09:54:52 am #22 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:59:06 am by THA TRUTH
Aww don't get ur feelings hurt cause ur not good at ur hobby haha

Proud Buckaroo

October 12, 2017, 10:05:31 am #23 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 10:08:43 am by Proud Buckaroo
My feelings aren't hurt. LOL.

I can take all the criticism people have. It's fine. It's expected when you have 1000s of people following the page. Like I said, you or anyone else that thinks they can do better.  You are more than welcome to create your own.

luxora4life

Quote from: Coach Jones on October 12, 2017, 09:46:37 am
Great job.  It takes a ton of work to put together any list.  Someone is always going to get their feelings hurt

Anytime a person cast their opinion out into the open, they should know that someone, somewhere will publicly disagree with that opinion.  If a person can't handle it he or she may want to keep their opinion to his or her self.  And can we please recognize some linemen on some of the teams.  They are the one who rarely or never get the attention they deserve.  And no my son isn't a lineman, he is actually the starting QB on a really good football TEAM.

Proud Buckaroo

I'm completely open to criticism. I expect it when there are so many fans/parents/coaches/players looking at the page.

You have a good point. This list is composed of mostly offensive players.

I think it would be worth the shot to get a defensive player of the year list going.

You are right though. Lineman are THE most important part of the game. Without them. There would be no blockers. They do a lot of work and most of it goes unrecognized to the blind eye.

luxora4life

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 12, 2017, 10:24:17 am
I'm completely open to criticism. I expect it when there are so many fans/parents/coaches/players looking at the page.

You have a good point. This list is composed of mostly offensive players.

I think it would be worth the shot to get a defensive player of the year list going.

You are right though. Lineman are THE most important part of the game. Without them. There would be no blockers. They do a lot of work and most of it goes unrecognized to the blind eye.

I knew you would agree with me ;D.  Keep up the effort to bring attention to these smaller schools players.  This use to be the number 1 compliant here in NEA if your school wasn't located in Jonesboro or Little Rock.

Jimbo Morphis

You could put the lineman on the front of the media guide and let them travel in first class. That would probably work really well.

Jimbo Morphis

I have no comment on the list because I can't see it on my work computer.

thabeast428

Way I look at it if they don't like ur list they can make their own. It's not like the winner is gonna win a million dollars lol it's just for fun and something to help recognize players even if someone is left off. But it's his list either way u look at it

Dragon I

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 12, 2017, 10:05:31 am
My feelings aren't hurt. LOL.

I can take all the criticism people have. It's fine. It's expected when you have 1000s of people following the page. Like I said, you or anyone else that thinks they can do better.  You are more than welcome to create your own.

I can take all the criticism people have. It's fine. It's expected when you have 1000s of people following the page

It's expected when you have 1000s of people following the page

Subtle brag is not subtle.

Proud Buckaroo

That's not really a bragging comment. I'm saying with so many people seeing the posts. That there is more people to accept criticism from and more people to bring up something we missed. Rather it be 100 likes or close to 2000s likes. We appreciate everyone who supports what we do and is there to help this grow even bigger. 

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 12, 2017, 09:37:33 am
But the thing is...

There's no such thing as being completely unbiased. You may attempt to set aside your bias, but no one can achieve 100% success at doing so.

luxora4life

Quote from: thabeast428 on October 12, 2017, 10:41:39 am
Way I look at it if they don't like ur list they can make their own. It's not like the winner is gonna win a million dollars lol it's just for fun and something to help recognize players even if someone is left off. But it's his list either way u look at it

Or, they can comment on his list. Due to the fact that he put his list out there, all but guaranteed that it would be viewed and disputed by someone.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 12, 2017, 07:24:02 am
Ridiculous list

Daniel if you don't like the list get on Facebook and make your own? It's that simple!

THA TRUTH

sevenof400

How about getting back to commenting on the actual list......

THA TRUTH

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 12, 2017, 01:00:38 pm
How about getting back to commenting on the actual list......

Try but opinions aren't welcomed

thabeast428

U can't argue with Daniel he thinks it's funny on how dumb he sounds

THA TRUTH

WarriorFan

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: thabeast428 on October 12, 2017, 01:22:20 pm
U can't argue with Daniel he thinks it's funny on how dumb he sounds
Do people in North Louisiana know who you are? You call a lot of them names.

thabeast428

Ur definitely not smart and I live in South Arkansas 😂🤣

Coltfan2005

Nice work on the list. Thanks for spending your free time getting some kids a little recognition. And ridiculing someone's hobby/work/opinions when you don't bother doing your own is dumb.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: oasistrader on October 12, 2017, 01:44:20 pm
Good job PB .

Thanks.  How is Harlow and Koch doing? Will they be healthty for mayflower this week?

Clara Allen

Thank you for taking your free time to research.  I was happy to see a list that was state wide.   And thanks for including a Lamar kid.  He has surely worked hard this year

luxora4life

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 12, 2017, 02:11:59 pm
Nice work on the list. Thanks for spending your free time getting some kids a little recognition. And ridiculing someone's hobby/work/opinions when you don't bother doing your own is dumb.

It's not dumb to ridicule someone's opinion if they publicly display their opinion.  In Fact, most of the time, a opinion that is put on display is done so to get feed back from the public. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: luxora4life on October 12, 2017, 03:39:06 pm
It's not dumb to ridicule someone's opinion if they publicly display their opinion.  In Fact, most of the time, a opinion that is put on display is done so to get feed back from the public. 
Well that's just a terrible attitude.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: luxora4life on October 12, 2017, 03:39:06 pm

U better stop talking this nonsense

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas