• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is there anyone that can play with Junction City?

Started by flow51, October 08, 2017, 10:29:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flow51

Is there anyone that can play with Junction City or will their high potient offense cruise to Little Rock? Dont follow the 3-6A. Have they played anyone with any talent?

dragondad

Every game is a  new challenge, we're just along for the ride.

PS:  it's 6-3A..... we're already playing up, no desire to play up another 3 classifications.

flow51

6-3A yeah that's what I meant. Playing up is a hand dealt by the AAA..I'm buddies with a dragon alumni and haven't followed them close since all the whinning about them having to move up. Have they played anyone decent this year or are they legit?

ISU7

Quote from: flow51 on October 08, 2017, 10:29:47 pm
Is there anyone that can play with Junction City or will their high potient offense cruise to Little Rock? Dont follow the 3-6A. Have they played anyone with any talent?
Here we go again...............Whats good Flow 51 ;D 8)

AMHER63

They have played a few talented teams with Haynesville, LA being the most talented.  Haynesville is a Louisiana powerhouse that has won 17 state Championships and are having a decent year so anytime  you beat Haynesville you have done something.  With that being said, Haynesville is down from recent years but still a very good football team.  But JC hasn't ran into a Prescott or anything like that yet. 

Grayte88

Prescott or Mayflower will play with JC all night long!

Jimbo Morphis

Nope the potient scares everyone off. You can only get that south of the border.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on October 09, 2017, 08:48:17 am
Nope the potient scares everyone off. You can only get that south of the border.

I think McGehee is the most athletic team they have played so far this year. I don't know why dude didn't mention that.

dragondad

Prescott, Mayflower, Charleston.... there are several teams playing great football in 3A.  Mcgehee gave JC a good game and I look for them to do well the rest of the season.

THA TRUTH

McGehee is by far the best team they have played

Jimbo Morphis

Mcgehee is limited by numbers as always and will play much better in the 2nd half IF it ever gets cool.

dragondad

dragondad

Quote from: Oldman on October 09, 2017, 10:22:50 am
Mcgehee is limited by numbers as always and will play much better in the 2nd half IF it ever gets cool.

I wish it would hurry up, I bout had a heat stroke yesterday mowing and weed eating.  I'm ready for this grass to die!

WorkOrder

No Not Noone can play with JC....They are just to good.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 09, 2017, 09:54:19 am
I think McGehee is the most athletic team they have played so far this year. I don't know why dude didn't mention that.
MCGehee is a good team and kept it close for quite a while, but the Dragons pulled away in the end.

And, yes, they are legit. They will not be challenged until at least the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Monsta

All honesty I don't think P Town Will Play For The Championship This Year, Someone will upend them.

thabeast428

I feel like jc will be alright if they get rid of penalties and slow starts they have had with a couple teams this year. But i do believe Jc Defense is starting to play better and other than losing #21 they should be even better come playoffs

Williebe147

If they ever get on the field with Mayflower JC will be stopped dead in their tracks.

thabeast428

Monsta

Quote from: Williebe147 on October 09, 2017, 11:00:27 pm

If they ever get on the field with Mayflower JC will be stopped dead in their tracks.
Must Have Been Getting Some Great Sleep

Monsta

Mayflower is not playing anybody...all they have to worry about is Bold Knob and maybe H.A

Grayte88

What about Barton and Perryville? They are both 5-1. Definitely not nobodies!  Mayflower played BK and beat them 54-14 at BK.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Monsta on October 10, 2017, 07:21:31 am
Mayflower is not playing anybody...all they have to worry about is Bold Knob and maybe H.A
Mayflower and Clinton always have a championship team this time of year.

Grayte88

thabeast428

Any given night the craziest unbelievable things can happen lol

Rida4Life

I think JC presents the perfect storm of talent and tempo.  It makes them really hard to defend for 4 quarters.  Things will obviously get tougher come playoff time but I could easily see JC winning it all.

HogRider12

Quote from: Oldman on October 10, 2017, 07:41:04 am
Mayflower and Clinton always have a championship team this time of year.
Mayflower and Glen Rose scrimmaged before week 1, and it was 14-14 at the half, without star linebacker Farris on the field.  Ended up being 21-20 because the starters only played 1 half.  And the backups played 1 quarter.  Dont sleep.

Moose

I'll say Mayflower is not a bad team by any means.  Both JC and Mayflower having very good seasons.  That being said, if you take a look at strength of schedule, neither has had it tough yet. 

dragondad

Quote from: Moose on October 10, 2017, 10:30:35 am
I'll say Mayflower is not a bad team by any means.  Both JC and Mayflower having very good seasons.  That being said, if you take a look at strength of schedule, neither has had it tough yet.

Nor has Prescott or Charleston

Moose

Quote from: dragondad on October 10, 2017, 10:41:12 am

I wholeheartedly agree.  Prescott's schedule has been a little bit tougher than JC's or Mayflowers, but Charleston's has been weaker than all of these mentioned.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Monsta on October 10, 2017, 07:21:31 am
JC isn't exactly playing in the SEC West either.

THA TRUTH

U say that like the SEC west means anything anymore

CoolBreeze

Quote from: dragondad on October 10, 2017, 10:41:12 am
It seems to me that there is less parity this season than in recent years. There are a few elite teams and then a sizeable drop-off. The possible exception to this is the 3-3A where several teams appear to be able to beat anyone else on a given night.

ISU7

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 10, 2017, 11:11:48 am
It seems to me that there is less parity this season than in recent years. There are a few elite teams and then a sizeable drop-off. The possible exception to this is the 3-3A where several teams appear to be able to beat anyone else on a given night.
Let them continue to sleep on the Northeast. You think they would no better by now😷😎

Paperman

Quote from: ISU7 on October 11, 2017, 01:38:05 am
Let them continue to sleep on the Northeast. You think they would no better by now😷😎
7, I agree NEA football can be largely dismissed! I think Preskitt, JC, and Charleston have earned their places at the top! But I don't see Clinton (my apologies Jackets Fans) or Mayflower (you too Eagles faithful) being  better than at least three, maybe four teams from NEA!

Grayte88

How many times have you watched Mayflower this year? Not once obviously lol

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ISU7 on October 11, 2017, 01:38:05 am
That is why I don't vote on polls, pretty much all I see is SE Arkansas teams.

Monsta

Everyone knows the south is better then the north in football

denvercat

They dont breed em in the north like they do down here!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Monsta on October 11, 2017, 10:18:09 am
Everyone knows the south is better then the north in football
Really? And how many 3A state championships have teams from the southern half of the state won since 2010?

Spoiler alert--The answer is 2.

denvercat

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 11, 2017, 11:26:45 am
Really? And how many 3A state championships have teams from the southern half of the state won since 2010?

Spoiler alert--The answer is 2.

Thats true, but you forget that number would be more like 5 or 6 if Junction had been in 3A when that group with Dancy and Bell came through.

Monsta

Quote from: denvercat on October 11, 2017, 11:29:57 am
Thats true, but you forget that number would be more like 5 or 6 if Junction had been in 3A when that group with Dancy and Bell came through.
+1

Jimbo Morphis

Nah everyone always says 3a is no different than 2a.

Lineman

Drop the stick & walk away from the horse. It's dead already.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Grayte88 on October 10, 2017, 07:39:23 am
What about Barton and Perryville? They are both 5-1. Definitely not nobodies!  Mayflower played BK and beat them 54-14 at BK.

5-1 is kinda watered down with a so-so non-conf schedule and a conf that is giving 1-3A a race for weakest conf.

ISU7

October 13, 2017, 12:56:21 am #45 Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:58:05 am by ISU7
Quote from: denvercat on October 11, 2017, 11:14:12 am
They dont breed em in the north like they do down here!
But yet the Northeast have the only Hall of famer :-X RIP Cortez Kennedy.

RyanLR

I love watching Dragon games on Ustream. Hisshima Taylor could start for just about any team in the state at tailback.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: ISU7 on October 13, 2017, 12:56:21 am

Saw him play at Rivercrest.  He was a man among boys.

bleudog

October 13, 2017, 05:50:40 pm #48 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:06:13 am by bleudog
Quote from: ISU7 on October 13, 2017, 12:56:21 am

ISU7, not small school but I'd consider PB is south, so let's not forget big Willie Roaf. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas