• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Central LR public teams

Started by InYoGrill, October 07, 2017, 08:55:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

InYoGrill

It is kind of refreshing to see some of the inner city schools doing well in football. Most have always been 7 or 6A it seems. I am curious to how well Parkview and McClellen play PA and LRC. I think the Central is the most balanced and has the best chance to advance teams in the playoffs. True Mills and Fair are struggling programs but besides PKV,McC,PA, and LRC, you still have a solid SVH team who took LRC to OT and a BB team that has been a 4th seed in most seasons than most.

With McC playing in the title game recently and the uprising of PKV with Coach Bolding, I see the Central taking over the 5A for years to come until any new major classification changes.

Maynard G Krebs

McClellan has been doing well the past few years.  Coach Moody is good at getting the students on the team and obviously a good motivator.

Parkview now has a coach that get the guys to be on the team and is a good coach as well.

SH seems a little down, but it's hard to take them lightly.

Fairest can't seem to get any of the srudent body to participate.

It's good to see the conference step it up.

Rocket23

SH is young at some skill positions from what Coach Withrow told me.  But they move up to 6A next year I believe.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Rocket23 on October 07, 2017, 02:28:25 pm
SH is young at some skill positions from what Coach Withrow told me.  But they move up to 6A next year I believe.

Last few weeks will tell the tale of PKV and MAC. They both play each other and also both play PA and LRC. Interesting to see how well they finish conference for playoff spots. I am pulling for them to do well.

TNT_15

1.Pa
2.MC
3.Parkview
4.LRC

If SHH won in OT they would be the 4.

STBruin

Quote from: TNT_15 on October 10, 2017, 09:50:16 am
1.Pa
2.MC
3.Parkview
4.LRC

If SHH won in OT they would be the 4.

Not that impressed with Parkview yet...next couple of weeks will tell if Parkview and LRCA are strong enough to compete.

InYoGrill

Some good tough games coming down the pipe the next few weeks for Parkview and McClellen. We will see how they stack up against the privates...

Overdahill

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 17, 2017, 11:33:46 am
Some good tough games coming down the pipe the next few weeks for Parkview and McClellen. We will see how they stack up against the privates...

I picked McClellan over LRC and i see yesterday that Hooten's did as well. Should be a good one

Overdahill

FF Scoreboard shows Parkview vs Sylvan hills tonight. Good timing weather wise

InYoGrill

Quote from: Overdahill on October 26, 2017, 04:10:32 pm
FF Scoreboard shows Parkview vs Sylvan hills tonight. Good timing weather wise

That should be an entertaining game. Will PV overcome their near upset of PA? I think Bolding will have them ready for the Bears. I've always pulled for SVH. Remember it was how many years ago, 2-3, that they were one of the top teams in 5A.

PV 38 SVH 24

Overdahill

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 26, 2017, 05:43:22 pm
That should be an entertaining game. Will PV overcome their near upset of PA? I think Bolding will have them ready for the Bears. I've always pulled for SVH. Remember it was how many years ago, 2-3, that they were one of the top teams in 5A.

PV 38 SVH 24

I remember when PA used to have a lot of great pre-scrimmage/practice sessions with SH before NLR started draining off SH talent; probably that was 8-10 years ago now

InYoGrill

Before my boys played at Vilonia, they were in the youth Twisters system in Sherwood/Gravel Ridge. Lot of talent in those twister teams back about 15 years ago. Does anyone know if they still call their youth programs the Twisters- blue, black, and white? Turkey bowl was always played in War Memorial. Great times back then!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas