• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prairie Grove @ Pea Ridge: The battle for the 4A-1 conference title

Started by prHOG13, October 06, 2017, 11:27:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bilboswaggins

Prairie Grove has what like 37 players? I'd be impressed if they can even field a team against the greatest team to ever wear cleats. I'm going to go ahead and say Pea Ridge wins by mercy rule.

beach bum

Quote from: Stealthfan on October 12, 2017, 04:17:39 pm
Note to PR:  You will move the ball on PG.  Don't be greedy. Kick a FG on 4th down when in range.  You will win.

Some of these 4A programs can not find a kicker that can kick it past 30 yards.... Especially the ones that don't have a soccer program yet for a kid to just transition over smoothly to kicker in the fall.... So they just go for it every time.

Stealthfan

Quote from: bilboswaggins on October 12, 2017, 09:19:26 pm
Prairie Grove has what like 37 players? I'd be impressed if they can even field a team against the greatest team to ever wear cleats. I'm going to go ahead and say Pea Ridge wins by mercy rule.

Pea Ridge's kicker will have pretty sore toes Saturday.  LOL !!!!

Lizard47

Quote from: beach bum on October 12, 2017, 09:29:06 pm
Some of these 4A programs can not find a kicker that can kick it past 30 yards.... Especially the ones that don't have a soccer program yet for a kid to just transition over smoothly to kicker in the fall.... So they just go for it every time.

We've got one, he plays soccer too and has two state champ rings for it. A good kicker is a valuable asset, ask the hogs if they wish they had one.

beach bum

beach bum

Quote from: Lizard47 on October 12, 2017, 09:50:23 pm
We've got one, he plays soccer too and has two state champ rings for it. A good kicker is a valuable asset, ask the hogs if they wish they had one.

Even if you have a kid that can make a 40 to 45 yard field goal just 50% of the time I call that an asset to have in the back pocket. I know you have too also seen a team lose a 1 or 2 point game cause they have to go for two points after TDs or they missed one of their PAT's. I'd love to have a good kicker as a coach.

Lizard47

Quote from: beach bum on October 12, 2017, 09:59:06 pm
Even if you have a kid that can make a 40 to 45 yard field goal just 50% of the time I call that an asset to have in the back pocket. I know you have too also seen a team lose a 1 or 2 point game cause they have to go for two points after TDs or they missed one of their PAT's. I'd love to have a good kicker as a coach.

Its not just the points either, its the field position. If we kick off, they start from the twenty. If we're out of fg range on fourth down, they get the ball back inside their own twenty, sometimes five.

RZback

Pea Ridge needs to get out fast and not waste any opportunities.  They have the weapons to pile up some points.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Stealthfan on October 12, 2017, 04:17:39 pm
Note to PR:  You will move the ball on PG.  Don't be greedy. Kick a FG on 4th down when in range.  You will win.

Good advice and it stings a little too...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Lizard47 on October 12, 2017, 10:04:33 pm
Its not just the points either, its the field position. If we kick off, they start from the twenty. If we're out of fg range on fourth down, they get the ball back inside their own twenty, sometimes five.

Other teams don't return the kicks on 4th down?

Lizard47

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 13, 2017, 07:43:43 am
Other teams don't return the kicks on 4th down?

He hits the sideline every time, and I mean the actual line on the field.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Lizard47 on October 13, 2017, 07:54:32 am
He hits the sideline every time, and I mean the actual line on the field.

Still could be caught and returned before it hit the ground I would think...

Lizard47

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 13, 2017, 07:59:56 am
Still could be caught and returned before it hit the ground I would think...
That's what I thought but nobody is doing it.

beach bum

Firing up the computer for this one to watch online in bits and pieces.... The 2nd half of Farmington is the only other game I have seen. Y'all go easy on me Pea Ridge guys if this gets out of hand in your favor  ;D

beach bum

Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove both on first drive each do exactly what each team is wanting to do.... Pea Ridge strikes quick with a series of pretty decent gains followed by the long TD..... Prairie Grove then slowly works it way down the field with the Wing T running with 2 timely passes of about 12 or so yards each.

beach bum

If Pea Ridge's coach was smart he would never call a pass play unless it was needed..... I'd run it 50 times a game with that backfield and run blocking. He has thrown it a couple times when I would just run it until the cows came home. Your RB is a stud and your lineman are run blocking well.

futurecoachsmith

PG with an unlucky fumble towards the redzone saves PR from going down before the second quarter. Tied at 7

beach bum

The only thing stopping either team is themselves.... Both teams impressive so far and 7-7 not indicative of how well both offenses are playing.

dukes424

Great game so far - man both sides a little hyped up lot of penaltys.

futurecoachsmith

Beach Bum you are correct.
Both teams have shot themselves in the foot multiple times with fumbles, flags, and a missed PAT by PR that may or may not hurt them later on with this low scoring defensive game. PG almost scores on a 50+ throw and QB keeper after a fumble by a PR receiver to possibly take the lead but falls short as time expires.
Going into the half with PR up 13-6

beach bum

Pea Ridge scores to go up by 2 scores about half way through the 3rd.... PG offense has went cold so if they do not answer here with a TD of their own this might be it. Pea Ridge will give a heavy dose of Winn to milk clock if PG doesn't answer here.

beach bum

PG does answer... Down by less than a score now 19-14. I still think one sustaining drive for Pea Ridge where they take some clock off may be enough for the Hawks. PG's offense isn't exactly quick strike so again I think Pea Ridge can end this with a 5 or 6 minute TD drive these last 15 minutes.

beach bum

PG with a quick long TD throw.... Wow I thought it was over. Now Pea Ridge will try to run out the clock or score. Either one will do. Great game on both sides.

beach bum

Your coach besides trick plays needs to burn the pages of the play book that have passing plays.... He just gave PG the ball and I think you could have ran out the clock. You guys can run it at will all game and he passes it on 2nd down when trying to get a score to finish off PG.

beach bum

PG fumbles about 2 yards shy of the first down headed into the red zone. It would have been 4th and short but PG had a chance there when they never should have in the first place. Honestly, Pea Ridge should have won this game by about 20. I am curious to know the strength of the top 3 teams of the 7-4A or Warren right now to see if Pea Ridge can match them. If Pea Ridge can beat Shiloh and get the 1 seed Pea Ridge will minimum get to the semifinals with the quality they have. PG better root for Shiloh to win by 6 or more over Pea Ridge and cause a 3 way tie cause PG as the 2 seed will not be able to match Warren's WR speed in the quarterfinals with what we got.

prHOG13

beach bum

Quote from: prHOG13 on October 13, 2017, 09:20:31 pm
Pea Ridge wins 26-21. Great game

That was a great game.... I thought you guys were going to try and hand it to PG for a second there. Number 6 for Pea Ridge is special. And the run blocking is great for Pea Ridge. What will be the telling sign for Pea Ridge is can their defense play with the 7-4A teams and Warren. Honestly, PG just doesn't have the fire power on offense to really test Pea Ridge's defense at its highest level.

beach bum

The way Shiloh passes and the way Pea Ridge's run game is your matchup against Shiloh is going to be one high scoring affair.

RZback

Great game to watch.  Pea Ridge's QB missed several of wide open receivers during the game that should have produced a couple more TD's. Overthrew all of them.  I was surprised that PR ran a toss sweep at the end while in the shadow of the goalpost, about 2 minutes left.  If that thing had been short, long, or mishandled PG would have had another shot inside the 15-20.  PG's long pass to get within 5 was a nice job on 3rd and long.  All in all some good football with a few drawbacks,some mistakes by both teams in key situations. Both teams should go a few rounds at least in the playoffs depending on who they draw.
I guess the greatest team to ever put on cleats pulled this one out.

Oldbadger

prHOG13

Happy that PR got that defensive stand and forced a fumble at the end, but man.... really wish PG wasn't given that chance. PG is a very solid team, just didn't have a gamebreaker like Disney this year. PG is always difficult and physical, and I'm glad this senior class finally got it done.

Drew Winn had 30 carries for 185 yards and 3 TD's

Sainsbury and Holtgrewe just barely missed on two deep balls that would have been TD's. PG also go tackled at the PR 2 yard line as time expired to end the first half. Lots of missed opportunities tonight by both teams. PR has got to clean up all the penalties if they want to make another deep run.
That Shiloh game will be interesting

dukes424

Great game Tigers / Hawks- great sportsmanship and fun to watch. I'm calling it now 2 teams from the 1-4a in final four and one in the finals again. Someone from the NWA is bringing it home the title this year.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: dukes424 on October 14, 2017, 09:58:05 am
Great game Tigers / Hawks- great sportsmanship and fun to watch. I'm calling it now 2 teams from the 1-4a in final four and one in the finals again. Someone from the NWA is bringing it home the title this year.

I don't think these 3 teams are quite as good as last year and they couldn't get it done then, doubtful it will happen this year.

beach bum

Unless PG gets help from Shiloh with the Saints somehow beating Pea Ridge by 7 or more PG's season will end in the quarterfinals vs Warren. PG's lack of speed will be exposed by Warren's WRs again. I think Pea Ridge is the only one set up to go far if they can beat Shiloh too. Even their quarterfinal and semifinal matchups would be some real tests but they are winnable. The top 3 in the 1-4A will be in the quarterfinals with Pea Ridge a chance to go further. I think Shiloh has a little better shot in the playoffs than PG even.

RZback

I'd like to see all 3 in the qtrs but they are going to have to clean up the mistakes and missed scoring opportunities a little bit. 

cuckoobird

Warren doesn't have the same caliber QB play that they did last year. Put pressure on him and burks will be back there

RZback

RZback

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 14, 2017, 03:26:31 pm
Warren doesn't have the same caliber QB play that they did last year. Put pressure on him and burks will be back there

What I saw last night PG just does not have the speed or athletes to get it done this season... They have some super scrappy kids overall as always and a RB that will get a couple yards after contact almost every run but just not enough athletes all around. After the first drive PG bottled up the Pea Ridge RB to manageable gains most of the night, but he just was too much eventually and made all the right runs to get 5 to 9 yards too many times and that was enough to keep PG off the field. PG had a chance to win at the end, but really should not have been in that position. I think you probably agree, but imo 4A is down from last year. That is why I actually think Pea Ridge does have a shot to get back to the title game.

prHOG13

I agree beach bum, I think the 4A isn't as stacked this year as last year. I think Pea Ridge is more talented this year, but they really haven't shown much consistency with so many silly penalties. I'd really like to see Pickthall playing LB again and think that would really help with our run D issues.

I think this conference will send at least two to the quarters.

RZback

Mistakes by PR do seem to hurt them, penalties, a few missed open receivers, couple of drops.  Hard to win it all doing those things. It looks like they are stacking the offense and playing defense with lots of whats left.  Not to say the defense hasn't done well, they are undefeated, but I thought from all the talk might see more skill guys going both ways .

Ole Legend

Quote from: RZback on October 15, 2017, 11:29:29 am
Mistakes by PR do seem to hurt them, penalties, a few missed open receivers, couple of drops.  Hard to win it all doing those things. It looks like they are stacking the offense and playing defense with lots of whats left.  Not to say the defense hasn't done well, they are undefeated, but I thought from all the talk might see more skill guys going both ways .

Only had 1 skill guy not playing both ways. And he was returning kicks.

prHOG13

Quote from: Ole Legend on October 15, 2017, 12:03:14 pm
Only had 1 skill guy not playing both ways. And he was returning kicks.
Witcher also played CB along with Holtgrewe playing on D

Ole Legend

Quote from: prHOG13 on October 15, 2017, 12:15:35 pm
Witcher also played CB along with Holtgrewe playing on D

I was saying Winn was the only skill player not playing both ways.

prHOG13

beach bum

Quote from: Ole Legend on October 15, 2017, 03:38:35 pm
I was saying Winn was the only skill player not playing both ways.

For good reason how many touches he gets on offense.... I'd give him the ball 40 times instead of 30 even. PG was taking bad angles at first then they started taking better angles on him in the 2nd half. It didn't matter he was so good he was just getting too many 5 to 9 yard gains all game even after PG adjusted to his speed.

RZback

I didn't notice that much time spent on defense by those guys, how many reps on the defensive side would you say they got.

Ole Legend

Quote from: RZback on October 16, 2017, 12:57:00 am
I didn't notice that much time spent on defense by those guys, how many reps on the defensive side would you say they got.

Holtgrewe and Witcher played almost every snap on defense. PG was doing their best to run on whatever side Holtgrewe wasn't on.

The_tyler_cody

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas