• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana at Benton

Started by AHS06, October 02, 2017, 09:41:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Panther36

14-6 10yd TD Hudgins to Wells 1:26 left 1Q

Panther36

Panther36

admorris24

35-13 2:00 to go in 3rd.  Benton's oline has taken control of this game.

Hornet-Hawg

AHS06

This game falls solely on Coach Norton.

Texarkana_Piggie

gamecocks8584

Those comments don't surprise me at all. When there playing well and winning he is the savior. Now all those athletes are just getting beat by a better team the coach is the problem. If they comeback and win if that is possible he will be a great coach again.

AHS06

Quote from: gamecocks8584 on October 06, 2017, 09:32:45 pm
Those comments don't surprise me at all. When there playing well and winning he is the savior. Now all those athletes are just getting beat by a better team the coach is the problem. If they comeback and win if that is possible he will be a great coach again.
You couldn't be more wrong! Norton is our guy and he's ding a great job with the program.  I just don't agree with his decisions for this game.  BTW Benton is not a superior team.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: AHS06 on October 06, 2017, 09:39:52 pm
You couldn't be more wrong! Norton is our guy and he's ding a great job with the program.  I just don't agree with his decisions for this game.  BTW Benton is not a superior team.

You know when he was across the street, he had one of these kind of games every year. I think it is a requirement for coaches to have one WTH game a season.

PrivateLesson

That's the truth!   There are some other schools I'm going WTH?

admorris24

How can you say Benton was not the superior team.  IMO, the game was not as close as final score.  Benton ran about 30 more plays than Texarkana.  Benton's season starts next week @ED and then gets GW at home.  Texarkana is much improved, but very undisciplined.  Too many penalties.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: admorris24 on October 06, 2017, 10:20:06 pm
How can you say Benton was not the superior team.  IMO, the game was not as close as final score.  Benton ran about 30 more plays than Texarkana.  Benton's season starts next week @ED and then gets GW at home.  Texarkana is much improved, but very undisciplined.  Too many penalties.

Showdown in Boomtown.  Come on down Benton

Hogman2018

Texarkana had 4 turnovers and dropped two pick sixes! we was inside the 20 twice and didnt score! Benton is a solid team but will get drove by Greenwood! We had people running behind ur secondary several times tonight! Our sophmore QB struggled tonight. Good luck Benton rest of the year I really like Coach Harris and staff!

Texarkana_Piggie

AHS06

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 07, 2017, 12:19:30 am
Texarkana had 4 turnovers and dropped two pick sixes! we was inside the 20 twice and didnt score! Benton is a solid team but will get drove by Greenwood! We had people running behind ur secondary several times tonight! Our sophmore QB struggled tonight. Good luck Benton rest of the year I really like Coach Harris and staff!
+1

AHS06

Quote from: admorris24 on October 06, 2017, 10:20:06 pm
We do show signs of not being disciplined.  All of those penalties along with the 4 turnovers aided Benton.  I didn't say Benton was not the superior team, I said you are NOT a superior team.  I would say Benton is the 3rd best team we've seen so far.  All and all great win for Benton as they approach El Dorado and Greenwood.     

AHS06

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on October 07, 2017, 11:39:46 pm
Why wasn't browning at qb?
I was wondering the same thing!  I understand the logic and I can see what Norton's overall vision for the offense.  This game plan should have been the game plan for this week.  Let the young QB get some quality reps starting this week.  We have three should be easy wins coming up.  That's three straight starts and reps at the varsity level to gain some confidence.  Yet again he was thrown out there like a deer in headlights. 

Hogman2018

Russellville will not be an easy win we will have our hands full with them! Not until our offense gets better

AHS06

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 09, 2017, 11:09:08 am
Russellville will not be an easy win we will have our hands full with them! Not until our offense gets better
With the right personnel in the right positions I like our chances against Russellville.  Friday the young QB will get more reps, timing with WRs, and more confidence.  I still can't believe we switched QBs at the midway point of the season against Benton.

ArkansasBoy

its gonna be a fair game AHS has alot of speed but the o-line men will have to willing to hold there blocks longer but rville has some fast people on D

jeffslilbro

The o line need to block period, even for a moment. Film against Gwd, #74 just stood up and looked around 1 play. Have to play every down.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: jeffslilbro on October 10, 2017, 07:51:18 am
The o line need to block period, even for a moment. Film against Gwd, #74 just stood up and looked around 1 play. Have to play every down.

That's what happens when the attacks come from all sides.  Russellville will experience that Friday night. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas