• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will anyone be able to stop Prescott

Started by Navynuke, September 29, 2017, 10:35:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Navynuke

HG Hornet

maytag

Proud Buckaroo

dragondad

Quote from: CHG Hornet on September 29, 2017, 10:38:22 pm
Maybe in the playoffs by Junction City.

Likely the only way they'll meet is at the big show in December.

Monsta

thedirtye

thedirtye

Stopping Prescott isn't the problem...scoring against Prescott is. Them boys can play some defense. 2 straight shutouts...allowing under 6 points per game this season

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: thedirtye on September 29, 2017, 11:49:45 pm
Stopping Prescott isn't the problem...scoring against Prescott is. Them boys can play some defense. 2 straight shutouts...allowing under 6 points per game this season
Stopping Prescott is a problem also. They have a really good passing and running game. They have so many weapons on offense it's so hard to stop them all and when you throw in their defense it's just a awesome thing to watch. In my opinion this years team is better than last years team.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on September 30, 2017, 12:05:38 am
Stopping Prescott is a problem also. They have a really good passing and running game. They have so many weapons on offense it's so hard to stop them all and when you throw in their defense it's just a awesome thing to watch. In my opinion this years team is better than last years team.

Maybe because of Muldrow. But I wouldn't say they are better than last year. That's my opinion.

Hgalum50

I would love to see that game between JC and Prescott, but who knows there are quite a bit of teams playing good ball in 3A. JC and Prescott are just on a whole different level.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 30, 2017, 12:20:51 am
Maybe because of Muldrow. But I wouldn't say they are better than last year. That's my opinion.
Their offense is just as good as last year but what makes them better this year is their defense.

Paperman

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Paperman on September 30, 2017, 08:41:58 am
Prescott is not invincible! No team is!
$hylow was in 4a a few years ago. It happens.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Navynuke on September 29, 2017, 10:35:20 pm
When will Prescott be challenged?
October 13 at Glen Rose. I'm not saying Beavers win, but it could be a close game.

flow51

Funny how these aleius posters start these threads. By no means does any wolf think that this team can't be stopped. Any team could lose on any given day. "That's why you play the game." As far as Glen Rose... The closest that game will be is 14 points before the game starts. That's the 2tds that we will have to bring with us to offset the officials.

Jimbo Morphis

Sick Dog

Several teams can beat Prescott......any given night with some tough breaks, couple turnovers, busted assignments and things go south any team can get beat. GR is a tough out for Prescott especially at GR, JC is good, Charleston is good, Mayflower is good, the Owls are good. Prescott has played anyone who is that great yet but they are a good team again. It will be an interesting season.

jay nelvin

wolfpride 2

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: jay nelvin on September 30, 2017, 12:56:49 pm
They did...last year.  Look dang good too!
Maybe a matching pinky ring this year? 

jay nelvin

Quote from: Oldman on September 30, 2017, 05:48:00 pm
Maybe a matching pinky ring this year?
Maybe, and a belly button ring for you?

Jimbo Morphis

Jimbo Morphis

Seriously I don't see many 3a teams beating them if they stay healthy. A lot can happen in a few weeks.

jay nelvin

Quote from: Oldman on September 30, 2017, 06:00:30 pm
Seriously I don't see many 3a teams beating them if they stay healthy. A lot can happen in a few weeks.
Without a doubt, I would love to see a Prescott and JC matchup though.

ToughGuy91

Prescott has to many weapons to be outscored by a 3A team this year. The back field is a threat to score every run not to mention the wr core stands at 6'2, 6'3, 6'4, 6'0, and all are a threat to score with the screen game as well as the deep ball.   

CoolBreeze

We know they're good by the way they have blown out all their opponents thus far. But the Wolves have not been challenged yet. So, we don't know if they're the elite team their advocates claim. That won't be established until they face other top teams. The game at Glen Rose should answer some questions. If they dominate the Beavers as they have everyone else, that will lend some credence to the claims of elite status. If not, they're just one of a number of good teams with a chance to advance in the playoffs.

panther07

Quote from: flow51 on September 30, 2017, 12:01:49 pm
Funny how these aleius posters start these threads. By no means does any wolf think that this team can't be stopped. Any team could lose on any given day. "That's why you play the game." As far as Glen Rose... The closest that game will be is 14 points before the game starts. That's the 2tds that we will have to bring with us to offset the officials.

Careful with that one now.  It'll get ya.

Responding to the OP.. I think 100% JC COULD stop Prescott.  They have the size and the speed to match up with them most definitely.  If they played next week, i'm taking JC, but I might be crazy for thinking such. 

HeadBussa08

to each their own but i'll go out on a limb and say you are crazy for thinking such lol

Moose

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 04, 2017, 11:21:28 am
We know they're good by the way they have blown out all their opponents thus far. But the Wolves have not been challenged yet. So, we don't know if they're the elite team their advocates claim. That won't be established until they face other top teams. The game at Glen Rose should answer some questions. If they dominate the Beavers as they have everyone else, that will lend some credence to the claims of elite status. If not, they're just one of a number of good teams with a chance to advance in the playoffs.

Great point, and I have to agree with you.  They are 5-0 against an 0-5 5A, 2- 2A, and 2-3A teams.  The best team they have played is a good 2A Camden Harmony Grove team.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Moose on October 04, 2017, 03:40:38 pm
Great point, and I have to agree with you.  They are 5-0 against an 0-5 5A, 2- 2A, and 2-3A teams.  The best team they have played is a good 2A Camden Harmony Grove team.
Can't argue that!  Guess we will have to wait until the 3rd round of the playoffs to see if we are legit!!!

Moose

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on October 04, 2017, 03:44:09 pm
Can't argue that!  Guess we will have to wait until the 3rd round of the playoffs to see if we are legit!!!

Interesting take.  it's definitely good to have confidence!

FBGFDRUM

dragondad

Quote from: Moose on October 04, 2017, 03:40:38 pm

There 5-0 against opponents who've averaged 2-3 overall..... but, so is JC.  They're a great team,  it'll be interesting to see how the remainder of the season goes for both Prescott and JC.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: dragondad on October 04, 2017, 05:04:18 pm
There 5-0 against opponents who've averaged 2-3 overall..... but, so is JC.  They're a great team,  it'll be interesting to see how the remainder of the season goes for both Prescott and JC.
True. Neither team has been challenged yet. JC likely won't be until the playoffs. Smackover seems down this year and Fordyce is too young to match up with the Dragons.

HeadBussa08

I'm sure I'll offend some people with this statement but 3a isn't full of parity this year to put it nicely.

ISU7

CURLEYWOLF24

HeadBussa08

Quote from: ISU7 on October 05, 2017, 03:06:29 am
Remember what happened in 2015.😱😱
we started out 1-2 that year lol I'm not saying we are unbeatable. It's an unwise thing to say. I hate threads like this cause then the whole state turns against ya. There's only a handful of teams thou that are going to give Prescott a game thou I will say that.

beaverfan007

Glen rose will come to play next week being the under dog hope they win 35_28

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: beaverfan007 on October 05, 2017, 09:43:02 am
Glen rose will come to play next week being the under dog hope they win 35_28
Prescott is not giving up no 35 period!!!! 

Proud Buckaroo

Jimbo Morphis

I'll be glad to see them play a good team. Even Smackover beat CHG.

KOJACK

Quote from: Oldman on October 05, 2017, 01:04:38 pm
I'll be glad to see them play a good team. Even Smackover beat CHG.
Which is like saying Lake Village beat them... :-\

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: KOJACK on October 05, 2017, 01:18:50 pm
Which is like saying Lake Village beat them... :-\

You know first hand what it's like to have a very young team. They will get better. They may not be the best team this year. But this experience will pay off. I think they are a little better than what people thought they would be though. Some said they would get 5th seed in conference and be done first round.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 05, 2017, 02:16:52 pm
You know first hand what it's like to have a very young team. They will get better. They may not be the best team this year. But this experience will pay off. I think they are a little better than what people thought they would be though. Some said they would get 5th seed in conference and be done first round.

Amazing how a few weeks change opinions... u had very lofty expectations 6 weeks ago

Proud Buckaroo

October 05, 2017, 02:33:26 pm #47 Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 02:35:34 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 05, 2017, 02:28:23 pm

Amazing how a few weeks change opinions... u had very lofty expectations 6 weeks ago

I still hold a high opinion towards the kids. They have a lot to work on. Especially the penalities. Penalities definitely hurt them last week. They had 16. But if they can fix those. The sky is the limit for them.

KOJACK

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 05, 2017, 02:16:52 pm
I thought y'all looked pretty good against CHG.

Paperman

I have one of the teams I believe can hang an L on Preskitt tomorrow night in Wilson!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas